Thanks to some finagling with the RB wrapper (many thanks to dstud208 for saving the day on this one) and I've figured out how to jury rig it to work. Sort of.
The RB wrapper does not launch properly at startup (usually crashing pretty hard) so I open the regular WOT wrapper, then force-quit it. For some reason that lets the RB wrapper start. However, it has to completely reinstall the game, all 7GB of it every time I want to play. This takes about 45 minutes to an hour on my connection (Charter High Speed Internet is just super). Now, the trouble is that it's a coin toss whether it will load in or not. Once it's finished updating, the launcher will either play flawlessly, or start an update process that I can't interrupt that breaks it again. It's not consistent, and I don't know why it happens. When it does happen, I have to force-quit everything, and then start over from scratch. If anyone has any ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or how to otherwise solve this dilemma, I'd be very grateful.
It's been discouraging to say the least that, as far as I've seen, there's been no word on this issue officially, let alone a potential fix in the works. While I have the game limping along now, this is far from what I'd call an acceptable long-term solution to an utterly asinine problem. But, we shall see what the future yet holds I suppose.
All the same, many thanks again to dstud208- if not for you I (as well as many other Mac users) would be utterly sunk. A great many of us (and a certain game developer too) owes you a great debt of gratitude for what you've managed to do!
Please raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support
Apparently [I read somewhere on the Forum - too tired to look for it] that a fix for some issues in being reviewed/evaluated by WarGaming - who knows maybe your issue is addressed in this unconfirmed patch by CodeWeavers.
If not, perhaps they have a solution for you or need more information so they can address