Roll Back to Wrapper 1.0.37 to fix Glitching/Missing Tanks/Logos/Etc

mac os x flashing glitch bug missing tanks missing logos

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Asid3001 #41 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 01:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28103 battles
This does not work for me. I still have invisible tanks and ground using the wrapper, says version 1.0.37 instead of 1.0.37.1, does that make a difference? 

moyzie01 #42 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 11:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
So I am gathering this is the RB wrapper I was to download ? it is for NA client is there a   RB wrapper for the SEA client ? 

Red_Baron007 #43 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 14:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 21341 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB

Okay, I have the right one then. Thanks! So there must be separate issues going around then I guess. Fortunately it sounds like your roll back solved a lot of problems. Just not mine, unfortunately. I still think it is a video issue. Not sure if it is the game, wrapper, or Driver at this point.

Thanks again for all your help.

Djordje_Andjelkovic #44 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 00:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postdstud208, on Feb 27 2017 - 05:38, said:

Hey Guys/Gals

One player a while back rolled his wrapper back to version 1.0.37 (from the now current 2.0.1) and reported that all the problems went away. I have dug up an old wrapper (version 1.0.37) and modified it to work with the new file system that got put in place. So just to be clear, this wrapper will ONLY work properly if you have already attempted the latest wrapper and the folder in your documents is now called "WoT" instead of "World_of_Tanks".

Instructions:

1. Download it from HERE
  2. Place it in your Applications folder
  3. Run it
  4. DON'T LET IT UPDATE ITSELF!!!!!! Just click the red "x" in the top left corner when it asks you if you want to update.

When they fix the current wrapper to work with your computers you can just delete this copy and use the updated one (OR just let this one update itself).

If you get a warning that its broken and needs to be moved to the trash: 

1. Click "Cancel" (don't move it to the trash)
  2. Open my Studly Utility
  3. Navigate to World of Warships (yes Warships) -> Troubleshooting -> Fix "Damaged" Wrapper.
  4. A window will popup, just select your wrapper and click "Choose"

This will "repair" the wrapper and you will be able to use it.

After few days finally it works!!!!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

CHEEEEERS!!!

UTurnTerminator #45 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 02:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6140 battles

I tried this but the game simply updates to the latest version with no chance to interrupt or whatever, so I'm stuck with 2/3 of the terrain flickering in and out of existance.

I do want to thank the OP who put all this work into a fix, as it's more than the actual developers have been able to muster thus far! Thanks for your efforts sir!

I'll catch you all whenever Wargaming decides to let the Apple users play the game again. 

Red_Baron007 #46 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 21341 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB

I have perhaps a dumb question. Why is there zero announcements from the wrapper folks on this major issue. Why is it that someone outside like Studly is doing all the work? It is like crickets. I keep looking and see nothing. Is there a trouble ticket list one can watch to see if they are even working on it? You would think they would say, hey we have an issue, we are working it, or something.

I wonder how many people just give up and go do/play something else because of a perception that they just simply don't care about the Mac people. ?

dstud208 #47 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 18:42

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostRed_Baron007, on Mar 05 2017 - 07:19, said:

I have perhaps a dumb question. Why is there zero announcements from the wrapper folks on this major issue. Why is it that someone outside like Studly is doing all the work? It is like crickets. I keep looking and see nothing. Is there a trouble ticket list one can watch to see if they are even working on it? You would think they would say, hey we have an issue, we are working it, or something.

I wonder how many people just give up and go do/play something else because of a perception that they just simply don't care about the Mac people. ?

Well they did say they are aware and are working on it a while back, but I'm not sure if they're just aware of the missing artifacts bug or if they are also aware of some of the other issues people have been having. 

Either way times like this used to happen with every update, they've gotten pretty good lately about updating the wrapper the same time the game updates to fix issues as they happen. (I used to post before each game update, reminding players to not buy premium time because there was a really good chance they wouldn't be able to play for a month or two, glad those days are behind us). This last update swapped out some major "under the hood" tech that will allow us to enjoy more awesome thingys in the future, but apparently they didn't have a 6 year old iMac kicking around to test it on and make sure everything works. Newer machines are not having issues. My help is limited because I'm using the wrapper 100% OK, so I have to try and go off what other people are saying.

i hear what your saying, it's kinda frustrating, but codeweavers aren't this huge multi billion dollar company and unfortunately it just takes time.

jesterx67 #48 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 18:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

got a reply to my code weavers bug report so they know whats happening just going to have to wait and see if they can come up with a fix. i suggest everyone logs a bug report

"Hello

Thank you for contacting us about this issue with World of Tanks. We are aware of the problem and investigating the cause as we speak. I have added this ticket to our internal bug for this issue, so we will be sure to respond and let you know once we have a fix or a workaround for this issue.

Thanks
Codeweavers Tech Support"

Red_Baron007 #49 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 01:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 21341 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB

That is good to hear. Thanks guys. My laptop isn't really that old. It is a 2014 for crying out loud. OH well... I sure do not miss the break every single update mess though to be sure. I wonder if I should bother filing a bug report. I hate to "pile on".

Lorne

dstud208 #50 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 02:50

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostRed_Baron007, on Mar 05 2017 - 17:50, said:

That is good to hear. Thanks guys. My laptop isn't really that old. It is a 2014 for crying out loud. OH well... I sure do not miss the break every single update mess though to be sure. I wonder if I should bother filing a bug report. I hate to "pile on".

Lorne

Huh, mines older than that, 2013. Kinda busts that theory...

Red_Baron007 #51 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 22:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 21341 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB

Dstud208,

Does your Mac have an Nvidia card in it? Mine has both an Intel and Nvidia in it. It always switches to Nvidia when I load the game. I'm still convinced it is a video issue of some sort, since it goes from full screen to windowed, closes, opens full, windowed and then black. And it ALWAYS does it when you try to join the game. It never loads the map. Yet, I can see the garage just fine. Safe mode always works. I wonder if I need to fool around with settings more. I've gone to 1024x768 though and it still abends. I just wish the wrapper folks even if it was one guy would throw out what they are having trouble with and a bunch of us would be happy to try what ever they suggest. Oh well... I'll be back to play WOT in a month or so. Guess they are so well off they don't care about the money from the Mac crowd enough. ;)

dstud208 #52 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 23:27

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Ya I have the Nvidia GT 750m.

Safe mode works eh? Interesting, I swear the only thing that it does is turn off mods... hmm.

Mavarino #53 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 01:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 1977 battles
  • [SPEL] SPEL

I had no problems until today, got stuck at Updating Garage.  Friends said they saw me online, but never timed out and never got in.  I tried a reboot, no joy.   I used the utility and fixed the RB wrapper and launched the game, after a re-download and install I'm ingame, but I have the horrible audio problem.  I tried the midi audio setup but that's not helping at all.

I'll try to deal with it while premium is running.

Mavarino #54 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 02:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 1977 battles
  • [SPEL] SPEL

1 more update, fixed my audio issue.  I use a Logitech Bluetooth headset. I couldn't modify the midi settings on the headset, I switched to using the USB adapter and audio is working w/o crackling.

Kaszanka #55 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 01:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 19334 battles

few weeks passed, and still [edited]. missing buttons, vehicles in garage, flickering terrain and houses/rocks/trees. unplayable

i have 2011 27inch imac

Kreydis #56 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 15:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 8881 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

How strange, this has been going on for weeks? I was perfectly fine up until 5 days ago (took a break) and then came back to the game getting "Stuck" at the loading. Perhaps the "stuck" problem happened in the last 5 days? Not sure about the rest.

Edit: Did a clean reinstall and everything is working. Going to try adding some mods like XVM and whatever to see if any-of that causes problems.

Back again, clean install worked fine. As well as installing a few mods, XVM and the likes.

Edited by Kreydis, Mar 10 2017 - 16:51.

black_colt #57 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 17:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostKreydis, on Mar 10 2017 - 06:58, said:

How strange, this has been going on for weeks? I was perfectly fine up until 5 days ago (took a break) and then came back to the game getting "Stuck" at the loading. Perhaps the "stuck" problem happened in the last 5 days? Not sure about the rest.

Edit: Did a clean reinstall and everything is working. Going to try adding some mods like XVM and whatever to see if any-of that causes problems.

Back again, clean install worked fine. As well as installing a few mods, XVM and the likes.

If you have not done so already - download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - look for the download link in his post signature and select the correct one for the version of OS X/macOS you are running.

Make sure that the WoT Mac Wrapper is shut-down and there are no world_of_tanks processes running.

In the [Finder] go to [Documents] - click on [WoT] - click on [replays] and duplicate that folder.  Once completed - move the [replays copy] folder to your [Desktop] - this is to preserve your replays should something go wrong [not likely - but it is prudent to do so].

Open the Studly Utility - click on [World of Tanks] - click on [Troubleshooting] and then click on [Reset Wrapper].

I recommend the following steps - click on [General] then click on [Disable Torrents] and then on [Force Update]

Open the WoT Mac Wrapper and you should be presented with the screen containing the [PLAY] button.  

If updates are needed then the Client will proceed to update - wait until any updates are installed and then click on [PLAY] and you should be ready to go.

If no updates are needed - click on [PLAY] and you should be ready to go.

Hope this helps ...

ISNomads #58 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 26589 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

Repeating in this thread just in case it helps...

I was having the issues with my 2011 iMac running 10.10.x. I tried dstud's fix multiple times but it just would not work so I gave up and used his utility to do a complete uninstall…

Then they announce the ability to win a free tier 8 tank so I got greedy.

First, I upgraded to Sierra.

Then, I reinstalled WoT. 2GB downloaded and installed… then 5 GB downloaded and installed…

I was about to try using the old version of the wrapper workaround again but said the heck with it and just ran the game with the current wrapper to see if anything had changed. It worked. For the last 2 days I have not had the issues.

Staf_16274 #59 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3 battles

I did it with Skullys guide, combined with dstuds post and now my account (EU) works again with the RB wrapper.

Once again thanks for all the effort you guys put in this tread and game!

Staf

UTurnTerminator #60 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 08:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6140 battles

Thanks to some finagling with the RB wrapper (many thanks to dstud208 for saving the day on this one) and I've figured out how to jury rig it to work. Sort of.

The RB wrapper does not launch properly at startup (usually crashing pretty hard) so I open the regular WOT wrapper, then force-quit it. For some reason that lets the RB wrapper start. However, it has to completely reinstall the game, all 7GB of it every time I want to play. This takes about 45 minutes to an hour on my connection (Charter High Speed Internet is just super). Now, the trouble is that it's a coin toss whether it will load in or not. Once it's finished updating, the launcher will either play flawlessly, or start an update process that I can't interrupt that breaks it again. It's not consistent, and I don't know why it happens. When it does happen, I have to force-quit everything, and then start over from scratch. If anyone has any ideas on what I might be doing wrong, or how to otherwise solve this dilemma, I'd be very grateful.

It's been discouraging to say the least that, as far as I've seen, there's been no word on this issue officially, let alone a potential fix in the works. While I have the game limping along now, this is far from what I'd call an acceptable long-term solution to an utterly asinine problem. But, we shall see what the future yet holds I suppose.

All the same, many thanks again to dstud208- if not for you I (as well as many other Mac users) would be utterly sunk. A great many of us (and a certain game developer too) owes you a great debt of gratitude for what you've managed to do!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users