E50 - Simply the Boss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
313 replies to this topic

Metalgod_ #101 Posted Aug 18 2011 - 14:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18014 battles

View PostPutinDoesPanzers, on Aug 11 2011 - 18:16, said:

Wow, what can I say? The E50 is amazing. Take one of the best guns in the entire game in the 10.5, add some nice armour, give it a great top speed, give it even sexier looks... and well.. you got the best tier9 medium in the game. There simply is no point in getting a Patton, and the E50 more than handles its own in a close up dog fighting match with a T54. This really is the boss. We even had one game where we went up a hill on prok, and ran straight into about 7 mediums, including 4 T54's, a Patton, T44 and a Panther, now if this was the Panther2, we would of died so quick, but we ended up taking most of them down with our E50's(3 of us in a platoon), and it was their arti that did the damage to me.

Tonight, Me and a couple of buddies(Dr_Zoidberg01, ZeGerman and CmdrAnderson(for the last two games)) ran a E50 platoon in random battles, and won 16 games in a row, with 15 of them being over 1k exp. The streak is still going really, since I closed the game undefeated. The only loss I had apart from one in the E50 before the streak, was in the T95 in a single game in between, but that is the T95.

Screenshot:

http://i54.tinypic.com/fbgniu.png

Don't have an E50? Get one. Have a Patton? Sell it. Have a T54? Keep a look out for your new boss. Have a E50? Well, you can't hide behind any excuses now, forget the rubbish about soviet bias, it's time for you players to show if you have skill, or if you suck, because really.. you have the right tank in your hands.

PS: Although the 10.5 is really the best choice for the E50, the 88 L/100 is fun to use, and the barrel is freaking huge! lol, it's just a shame that DPS doesn't mean much in this game, when most games are about alpha damage and playing peak a boo.
I dont have any trouble killing E50s with my T54, simply ram them and hit them with your turret armor facing the E50 and he's done. I've killed about 20 doing this...btw, I have an E50 too, its a good tank, but not invicible...

hiroshi_tea #102 Posted Aug 18 2011 - 20:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 15796 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY

View Postmetalgod, on Aug 18 2011 - 14:05, said:

I dont have any trouble killing E50s with my T54, simply ram them and hit them with your turret armor facing the E50 and he's done. I've killed about 20 doing this...btw, I have an E50 too, its a good tank, but not invicible...

More often than not, the T-54 that does the ramming is worse off than the E-50.  The E-50 weighs nearly 2x as much as the T-54 and that really swings things towards the E-50's favour.
So as a E-50, you should ram the T-54 at full speed and do nearly 30% damage to it and track it for good measure.  You might take 15% from the ramming, but guess what? You win.

and T-54 drivers, please do ram me.  I love shooting at your top hatches for 100% damage after you voluntarily did a ton of damage to yourself.

Aluminum_ #103 Posted Aug 18 2011 - 20:37

Captain

• Players
  • 12136 battles

View Posthiroshi_tea, on Aug 18 2011 - 20:08, said:

I love shooting at your top hatches for 100% damage after you voluntarily did a ton of damage to yourself.
^this

Enduring_Hope #104 Posted Aug 18 2011 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15551 battles
Yesterday, I was in a game with my E-50 on Mountain Pass, out ahead of everyone as usual going for the bridge area (below), I meet a T-54 driver doing the exact same thing.  We're rushing headlong into each other, when the poor bastard realizes what is about to happen and veers off in the opposite direction.  Trouble is, I'm doing 59kph and he, thanks to turning, is now doing quite a bit less.  But he's running and I'm chasing.  At this point it is painfully apparent to the guy that I intend to ram him, and we're both shooting at each other on the move (and missing) me trying to get his engine damaged, him trying to de-track and stop me.

For about 10-15 seconds there you could see this hilarious scene of an E-50 on the tail of a T-54, the latter turning and weaving, trying to make the former overshoot - like in old cartoons.

Slowly but surely, I'm gaining on the T-54 and at some point, just past the bridge, he sees a friendly VK3002DB and KV-5 very close, so he seems to decide "screw this!" and turns around (on a dime), takes a second to aim and shoots me in the last attempt to de-track.  He hits the hull instead and it bounces off.  I wait until I'm almost at point blank range and cannot miss, fire and penetrate, and a fraction of a second later I slam into the poor bastard at 59kph.

The result of that single shot + collision? 40% of his health is gone.  Needless to say, it made finishing him off easy as pie.

I believe it was Patton who is attributed to saying "The engines of my tanks are weapons too".  Well, in WoT, for the E-50, that couldn't be more true.

So please, T-54s, do try to ram my E-50.  Any time you want. :)

Guioki #105 Posted Aug 19 2011 - 06:47

Private

• Players
  • 5026 battles

View PostPutinDoesPanzers, on Aug 13 2011 - 07:36, said:

Just had 4 T54's resort to having to shoot HE at our E50's cause they couldn't touch our turrets, the armor on this thing is worlds apart from the Panther2, I love it. Those 54's got shredded.

Also, the large weight of the E50 is a good thing in terms of ramming, I took 25% off a Patton with a ram today.

So who actually thinks any tank should be like this? The only time you should have to use HE is to shoot a higher tier tank.

Pre e-50 it didn't matter what t9 med you had, you could shoot any other t9 med in the front and penetrate 70% of the time with a non aimed shot. Now they came up with a med that can take a shot better then a ausf b. It didn't matter what med you took into clan wars, Patton had view range, t-54 had maneuverability, and the panther ii could snipe (or was mostly shit). The only buff the panther ii needed was more pen, or slightly better front armor to make up for the worse speed. Now they created a beast.

tritium4ever #106 Posted Aug 19 2011 - 06:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5644 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View PostGuioki, on Aug 19 2011 - 06:47, said:

So who actually thinks any tank should be like this? The only time you should have to use HE is to shoot a higher tier tank.

The T-54 has the same frontal hull armor as the E-50 and better frontal turret armor. It's also much easier for the T-54 to hit the E-50's lower glacis than the other way around, simply because it's much bigger on the German tank (we'll ignore the mudflap weakness for now since Overlord has stated that it's going to be fixed eventually).

Given that the two tanks have guns with almost the exact same penetration and the T-54 has equal or better frontal armor, logic dictates that if the T-54 is forced to use HE, the same should be true the other way around.

FWIW, I think the Patton could use an armor buff (particularly to the turret). It straddles the line between the E-50 and T-54 in most respects but has poor survivability compared to its counterparts.

Guioki #107 Posted Aug 19 2011 - 07:06

Private

• Players
  • 5026 battles

View PostEnder_Ward, on Aug 18 2011 - 22:03, said:

Yesterday, I was in a game with my E-50 on Mountain Pass, out ahead of everyone as usual going for the bridge area (below), I meet a T-54 driver doing the exact same thing.  We're rushing headlong into each other, when the poor bastard realizes what is about to happen and veers off in the opposite direction.  Trouble is, I'm doing 59kph and he, thanks to turning, is now doing quite a bit less.  But he's running and I'm chasing.  At this point it is painfully apparent to the guy that I intend to ram him, and we're both shooting at each other on the move (and missing) me trying to get his engine damaged, him trying to de-track and stop me.

For about 10-15 seconds there you could see this hilarious scene of an E-50 on the tail of a T-54, the latter turning and weaving, trying to make the former overshoot - like in old cartoons.

Slowly but surely, I'm gaining on the T-54 and at some point, just past the bridge, he sees a friendly VK3002DB and KV-5 very close, so he seems to decide "screw this!" and turns around (on a dime), takes a second to aim and shoots me in the last attempt to de-track.  He hits the hull instead and it bounces off.  I wait until I'm almost at point blank range and cannot miss, fire and penetrate, and a fraction of a second later I slam into the poor bastard at 59kph.

The result of that single shot + collision? 40% of his health is gone.  Needless to say, it made finishing him off easy as pie.

I believe it was Patton who is attributed to saying "The engines of my tanks are weapons too".  Well, in WoT, for the E-50, that couldn't be more true.

So please, T-54s, do try to ram my E-50.  Any time you want. :)

That was me, on my laptop. I knew what was going to happen because you were top tier, so the second I saw you I knew your team was right behind.

My goal was to track you and duck behind the ledge under the bridge, cut your speed and use my acceleration but I think I hit a track hit that didn't de track you and did 0 damage, and a shot that went too far right and bounced, then I tried to cut in front of you and turn you so my team could shoot you but you clipped me and I died horribly to you and the t-44 behind you.

Basically I was focusing on not being shot by the rest of your team and died miserably instead, then saw the lol gui just as I exited battle.

I got schooled.

Lord_tyrant #108 Posted Aug 19 2011 - 07:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16857 battles
no shame in your game...can't win all the time. :Smile_honoring:

Enduring_Hope #109 Posted Aug 19 2011 - 08:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 15551 battles
No worries, Guioki, that was not a good situation for you to get caught in, and you're not the first T-54 to become an E50's ramming victim.  The incident only stood out in my mind because of the hilarity of one tank chasing another like that - it never happened before.

It's a bit funny how the balance between the tier 9 mediums has developed recently.  The T-54 has a small, hard to hit profile and is agile with excellent frontal armor.  The Patton is pretty agile as well, makes for an exceptional scout, and has the gun depression to make hull down hill hopping very effective.  The E50 has armor like the T-54, the best gun of the lot, and massive weight for ramming attacks.  To me this is exactly as things should be, with all three having different strengths but still all three remaining effective (at least in public games, I don't really care about clan wars).

And despite playing the T-54 to death in the beta, I would buy it back in a heartbeat if it didn't have such dreadful (typical Russian) aim time on the final gun.

Doctuer #110 Posted Aug 19 2011 - 11:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24518 battles
random battles are becoming slightly pro-german, quite a change really

it can only help players to become better players, by rounding out their play styles B)

SKYeXile #111 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 04:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [W0RLD] W0RLD
This is the only tank I play now, i love it...

SEE MY TANK!

I really like the tank!

NightFalcon #112 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 07:25

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11159 battles
Its fun to see all those mad T-54 drivers that were used to auto aim on Panther II's, and now its like: "What the hell is this, I actually have to aim to penetrate a German Tank, that is just preposterous, it must be nerfed" :P

evanb90 #113 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 07:57

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17908 battles

View Posthiroshi_tea, on Aug 18 2011 - 20:08, said:

More often than not, the T-54 that does the ramming is worse off than the E-50.  The E-50 weighs nearly 2x as much as the T-54 and that really swings things towards the E-50's favour.
So as a E-50, you should ram the T-54 at full speed and do nearly 30% damage to it and track it for good measure.  You might take 15% from the ramming, but guess what? You win.

and T-54 drivers, please do ram me.  I love shooting at your top hatches for 100% damage after you voluntarily did a ton of damage to yourself.
^ this for all tanks but the Maus (damn midget T-54s)

Also I have to say that encountering the E-50, I don't really have any problems fighting them with my King Tiger, Pershing, [list Tier 8-10 tank here] but it commands a ton more respect than the Panther II does, atleast for me. Especially with how you have to actually engage your braincells when targeting them. Its a welcome relief from "see Panther II -> click -> hit Panther II in tracks -> turret jammed, ammo rack lost, catastrophic fire"

SKYeXile #114 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 16:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [W0RLD] W0RLD

View Postevanb90, on Aug 20 2011 - 07:57, said:

^ this for all tanks but the Maus (damn midget T-54s)

Also I have to say that encountering the E-50, I don't really have any problems fighting them with my King Tiger, Pershing, [list Tier 8-10 tank here] but it commands a ton more respect than the Panther II does, atleast for me. Especially with how you have to actually engage your braincells when targeting them. Its a welcome relief from "see Panther II -> click -> hit Panther II in tracks -> turret jammed, ammo rack lost, catastrophic fire"

you get those messages? mine sounds like this "they hit our ammo rack, we're on fi turret jame, we lost a tru, were done for, everybody out! all in the space of about 2 seconds

Sim3tric #115 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 16:17

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9932 battles
Simpy put it - too overpowered - needs whacking with the nerf bat or other mediums bringing inline with it.. won't be using mediums till the dirty deed is done..

Tupinambis #116 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 18:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36770 battles

View PostNightFalcon, on Aug 20 2011 - 07:25, said:

Its fun to see all those mad T-54 drivers that were used to auto aim on Panther II's, and now its like: "What the hell is this, I actually have to aim to penetrate a German Tank, that is just preposterous, it must be nerfed" :P

And that in of itself kind of sucks because if the T-54 is moving, it can't hit the weak point, and if it stops to make an accurate shot, it's dead meat :)

RolandVH #117 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 18:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36259 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX

View PostGladiatorXM, on Aug 20 2011 - 16:17, said:

Simpy put it - too overpowered because I can't kill it with my Soviet tanks - needs whacking with the nerf bat or other mediums bringing inline with it.. won't be using mediums until I can auto aim and kill E-50 without looking...

There, I fixed it for you

Darcel_Jones #118 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 21:33

Captain

• Players
  • 15735 battles
I agree you should be keeping your mouth shut about the E-50 though,their is no doubt in my mind that the devs will nerf it,in favor of their beloved soviet t-54's.I was thrilled that grinding my Panther II to elite status(which was a pure hell)was worth it when I was given my brand spanking new and elite E-50,from my first match with it you could tell that this thing was going to put the Panther II to shame.One question for you other E-50er's though,a)is buying the 100L 88 worth it?and b)why is my tank elite even though I do not have the long 88?

Darcel_Jones #119 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 21:43

Captain

• Players
  • 15735 battles

View PostCorrvan, on Aug 12 2011 - 02:14, said:

Meh, e-50 feels like the same shit as panther II to me. Still nowhere near as fun or powerful as my T-44 imo.
You must be playing a different game if you really think the T-44 is a better tank than the E-50! I mean most would argue that the E-50 is better than the T-54! I don't think it is,but the T-44! You must really be coming up against some shit E-50 drivers,I would kill you in a T-44 everyday and twice on Sunday in mine.

Darcel_Jones #120 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 21:57

Captain

• Players
  • 15735 battles

View PostWarMan099, on Aug 12 2011 - 05:30, said:

Me and my platoon discovered a weak point on the e-50. The side of the turret, you will knock off a lot of damage if you aim for it.
I too have discovered a weak spot,the tracks,if you shoot them they could break!!!.............notice the sarcasm,I mean c'mon the side of the turret is a weak spot on all tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users