• This topic is locked This topic is locked
313 replies to this topic

RolandVH #121 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 22:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36327 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX

View Postdarthcarabis, on Aug 20 2011 - 21:33, said:

One question for you other E-50er's though,a)is buying the 100L 88 worth it?and b)why is my tank elite even though I do not have the long 88?

I tried the 88/L100 and didn't really like it. Aim time is too long and it doesn't put out enough damage; the slightly better accuracy and rate of fire weren't worth it to me.

As for the tank remaining Elite... that's just an odd thing that happens when they add new things; it applies for every tank that receives new equipment/tanks to unlock. My VK3001P, for example.

Cavadus #122 Posted Aug 20 2011 - 23:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3298 battles
I've been having a really difficult time using the E-50.  Granted, I'm still rolling around with the 88mm L/71 and need the final engine upgrade but my performance is absolutely abysmal in it which stands in stark contrast to how I do with the Panther II (which I'm quite good in).

This thing seems to play more or less like a heavy which is kind of killing me.  I have about 50k XP saved up on it... enough for the final engine upgrade.  I'm seriously considering it over the 105 just because I can't stand being stuck in a T9 pseudo-heavy tank with the 88mm L/71...

I'll certainly pick up both upgrades in due time but right now this thing just feels horrible.

Edit: Picked up the engine.  Nice upgrade, I feel like I'm driving a medium again.  Has anyone noticed that thing takes absolutely catastrophic arty damage?  The amount of hull I lose on arty splash is freaking insane.  I've never been one-shotted from max hull so many times in any other tank.

Sim3tric #123 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 00:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9933 battles

View PostRolandVH, on Aug 20 2011 - 18:34, said:

There, I fixed it for you

Don't use auto aim try again sunshine! - never have and never will prob just for noobs like ur self, another f--ked up part of the game that needs removing (one that wg said they would remove after beta).

ps - looking at your stats i think you may want to start using it :Smile-playing:

Drseckzytime #124 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 16120 battles
  • [PBLRD] PBLRD

View PostCavadus, on Aug 20 2011 - 23:07, said:

Has anyone noticed that thing takes absolutely catastrophic arty damage?  The amount of hull I lose on arty splash is freaking insane.  I've never been one-shotted from max hull so many times in any other tank.

Yes, it's a known issue with the E-Series, as we all told the devs this on the test server, along with the mudflaps, but they ignored us again and let it go live.  Then people started making more posts about it as well as numerous pics and videos, and now they're finally going to get around to it, in 2012.

RolandVH #125 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 02:10

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36327 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX

View PostGladiatorXM, on Aug 21 2011 - 00:33, said:

Don't use auto aim try again sunshine! - never have and never will prob just for noobs like ur self, another f--ked up part of the game that needs removing (one that wg said they would remove after beta).

ps - looking at your stats i think you may want to start using it :Smile-playing:

I don't auto-aim, and stats aren't a very good indication of a player's skill. After all, there are [usually, matchmaker can be a bit strange at times] fourteen other people [usually complete strangers to each other], and fifteen people on the enemy team. Win/loss depends on all of them, not just yourself.

Besides, even if my stats are bad, I still have fun ^__^

Troll harder please because it's not working for you, cupcake.

Metalkon #126 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 03:11

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10156 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
I couldnt be happier with my E-50... well i'd love some more track traverse but that'd make the tank totally overpowered. :P

I do miss the Panther2 Acceleration though.

amade #127 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 03:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13149 battles
  • [RIP-B] RIP-B
So I got my free E-50 right after the patch, as well as a new panther + 100% crew and a Panther II with old 100% crew. I didn't even still haven't touched my E-50 and went on to elite both my Panther and Panther II again. To my surprise for some reason I like my Panther now a whole lot more than before the patch or anytime further back. The Panther II too feels a lot nimbler than it used to be though it's still a bit flimsy to go against tier IX and X tanks whereas the Panther 1 has a slightly more even matchmaking.

I've decided that I'm not going to sell or transfer my crew from the Panther, so that leaves me with the Panther II and E-50 to decide on. I really like Panther II's newfound nimbleness which suits my medium tank playstyle better, so I'm wondering how nimble is the E-50 compared to Panther II and Panther 1? I don't mind the weaker gun or armor on Panther II (I don't play UC after all), I like being able to turn really quickly and zip around obstacles. I much prefer to rely on flanking and not getting hit rather than let the armor soak it (I've got other tanks for that kind of playstyle). But for all the nimbleness it has the main problem has always been poor gun depression and lousy silhouette, so I'm often forced to expose myself anyway. Maybe I need the E-50's armor after all. If the E-50's maneuverability with 100% crew is at the very least not worse than the sluggish Panther 1 then I won't mind transferring my crew from Panther II to the E-50. With any luck I can still engage in fast flanking maneuvers and still bounce a few incoming hits. If not I probably rather stick with Panther II and try to improve my tactics. Note: when I say maneuverable I mean being able to turn fast and accelerate fast, I know E-50 has a good top speed but I'm not concerned about that.

Thoughts?

SKYeXile #128 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 03:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [W0RLD] W0RLD
e50 accelerated like a brick, its not the ideal tank for wolfpacking, i prefer to use it t sit back and let the patton and T54s go in first and then use the E50's accurate gun from range to support them.

the E50 armour is nice though, you can finally bounce front on shots, iv bounced shots from E75, IS7s, T54's, the list goes on.  I also find the new panther nice, but its also nice playing the E50, because you know you're never goinng to be outgunned in a battle, and if for some chance you are, LAUNCH GOLD AT THEM!

tritium4ever #129 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 04:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5731 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View Postamade, on Aug 21 2011 - 03:33, said:

I've decided that I'm not going to sell or transfer my crew from the Panther, so that leaves me with the Panther II and E-50 to decide on. I really like Panther II's newfound nimbleness which suits my medium tank playstyle better, so I'm wondering how nimble is the E-50 compared to Panther II and Panther 1? I don't mind the weaker gun or armor on Panther II (I don't play UC after all), I like being able to turn really quickly and zip around obstacles. I much prefer to rely on flanking and not getting hit rather than let the armor soak it (I've got other tanks for that kind of playstyle). But for all the nimbleness it has the main problem has always been poor gun depression and lousy silhouette, so I'm often forced to expose myself anyway. Maybe I need the E-50's armor after all. If the E-50's maneuverability with 100% crew is at the very least not worse than the sluggish Panther 1 then I won't mind transferring my crew from Panther II to the E-50. With any luck I can still engage in fast flanking maneuvers and still bounce a few incoming hits. If not I probably rather stick with Panther II and try to improve my tactics. Note: when I say maneuverable I mean being able to turn fast and accelerate fast, I know E-50 has a good top speed but I'm not concerned about that.

Thoughts?

Since you haven't yet played any games on the E-50, I'll assume you'll start out with a stock tank (with the engines, gun, and radio from the Panther II). With that setup, the E-50 plays more like a mobile heavy...it's got high top speed but you'll never really hit that except on downhill slopes. Acceleration is a bit on the sluggish side, it's obviously going to be worse than a fully upgraded Panther II because you have the same engine but weigh 25% more. Overall maneuverability is not great.

Upgrade the tracks and you start turning noticeably better. But it's really the engine upgrade that makes all the difference with the E-50. That top engine turns the E-50 from a mobile heavy into a 60 ton racecar. Acceleration is phenomenal (by far the best of any German medium), getting to 50+ km/h is super easy, and overall maneuverability approaches that of the 3002DB. No it's still not as maneuverable as the T-54 or Patton, but it doesn't need to to perform well.

Looking at your stats (which are very good, BTW), your best win rate comes in the tier 6/7 mediums with your 3002DB taking the top spot at 66%. If you enjoyed the 3002DB, you'll absolutely love a fully upgraded E-50 because it shares all of the good characteristics of the 3002DB while massively improving the one thing that sucked about the 3002DB (the gun). Just remember to play it more like the Panther until you get that final engine upgrade. (FWIW, my best win rate also happens to be on the 3002DB and the E-50 was pretty much the answer to every complaint I've ever had about German mediums.)

Idol #130 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 05:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 26713 battles
Trying to pen the front of the E 50 is ridiculous. My Patton can't pen it. My IS 3 can't pen it either, even at point blank. Both have the best guns it can get. I'm at the point now of not even shooting at the E 50's as it costs me 1k credits per shot.

So, great for the E 50 drivers. For the rest of us, not so much.

Metalkon #131 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 05:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10156 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostIdol, on Aug 21 2011 - 05:16, said:

Trying to pen the front of the E 50 is ridiculous. My Patton can't pen it. My IS 3 can't pen it either, even at point blank. Both have the best guns it can get. I'm at the point now of not even shooting at the E 50's as it costs me 1k credits per shot.

Careful with the slope on its front armor, try to hit the lower part between the tracks if its facing you at an angle.

Shoot at the E-50 as if it were a Tiger 2 that moves faster because thats basicly what it is. Its got quishy side armor also and these things have horrible turning.

Hunt3rj2 #132 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 06:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7068 battles

View PostIdol, on Aug 21 2011 - 05:16, said:

Forgetting the paper thin lower hull and the relatively underarmored turret front.

amade #133 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 11:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13149 battles
  • [RIP-B] RIP-B
Thanks tritium, I almost bought a 75% crew for the E-50 but I guess I'll just take the crew I had all the way from the 3001P (when it was still on the branch leading to the Panther) to the Panther II and transfer them into the E-50. I don't think I'll be playing the Panther II much (or at all anymore) if the E-50 handles the way you described it.

MajorDestruction #134 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 12:52

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 366 battles

View PostRolandVH, on Aug 21 2011 - 02:10, said:

I don't auto-aim, and stats aren't a very good indication of a player's skill. After all, there are [usually, matchmaker can be a bit strange at times] fourteen other people [usually complete strangers to each other], and fifteen people on the enemy team. Win/loss depends on all of them, not just yourself.

Besides, even if my stats are bad, I still have fun ^__^

Troll harder please because it's not working for you, cupcake.

Prob wasn't a troll - just a mere indication of how bad you are, just make sure you have the stats to bk your mouth up before trolling someone elses post accusing people of not been able to auto aim the e50. Pro tip - don't blame other team mates for your bad stats your just making bad excuses and it's disrespectful. cupcake

KillingMeSoftly #135 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 15:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 8741 battles
Panther II handles better than the E-50, but not a whole lot more.

E-50 is less nimble than the Patton and T-54, but is respectable.  If you want to do donuts around tanks and zip around a town at full speed, the E-50 won't quite cut it, but almost.  With top engine and 100% crew I can keep up with the other mediums just fine but it's a little more difficult to do crazy stunts than them, but not impossible.  Plus side is that the E-50 has a greater top speed than either, especially the Patton.

E-50 makes up for its tall silhouette and lesser agility with a good armor scheme, comparable to the T-54.  But it has the best gun out of the three and thus fights very well at long range-- especially with the bouncy armor (due to pen drop over distance).

If it handled as well as the Patton or T-54, it would be flat out better than the others.  But it's no slouch in the mobility department.

Belesarius #136 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 7951 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostKillingMeSoftly, on Aug 21 2011 - 15:51, said:

Panther II handles better than the E-50, but not a whole lot more.

E-50 is less nimble than the Patton and T-54, but is respectable.  If you want to do donuts around tanks and zip around a town at full speed, the E-50 won't quite cut it, but almost.  With top engine and 100% crew I can keep up with the other mediums just fine but it's a little more difficult to do crazy stunts than them, but not impossible.  Plus side is that the E-50 has a greater top speed than either, especially the Patton.

E-50 makes up for its tall silhouette and lesser agility with a good armor scheme, comparable to the T-54.  But it has the best gun out of the three and thus fights very well at long range-- especially with the bouncy armor (due to pen drop over distance).

If it handled as well as the Patton or T-54, it would be flat out better than the others.  But it's no slouch in the mobility department.

The E50s natural prey? Bad or mediocre T-54 and Patton drivers.  A good '54 or Patton driver will still give you trouble in a E50.

KillingMeSoftly #137 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 16:01

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 8741 battles

View PostBelesarius, on Aug 21 2011 - 15:56, said:

The E50s natural prey? Bad or mediocre T-54 and Patton drivers.  A good '54 or Patton driver will still give you trouble in a E50.

Agreed, but that's how it should be.  If a skilled driver in an equal tier tank, especially of the same class, didn't give you trouble then either: A. you're a total pro, or B. your tank is too good.

Belesarius #138 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 7951 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostKillingMeSoftly, on Aug 21 2011 - 16:01, said:

Agreed, but that's how it should be.  If a skilled driver in an equal tier tank, especially of the same class, didn't give you trouble then either: A. you're a total pro, or B. your tank is too good.

Agreed, but before the intro of the E50 even a mediocre T-54 driver would give you trouble in a PII.

RolandVH #139 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 17:13

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36327 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX

View PostMajorDestruction, on Aug 21 2011 - 12:52, said:

Prob wasn't a troll - just a mere indication of how bad you are, just make sure you have the stats to bk your mouth up before trolling someone elses post accusing people of not been able to auto aim the e50. Pro tip - don't blame other team mates for your bad stats your just making bad excuses and it's disrespectful. cupcake

Thanks for your input, but stats still aren't a good measure of whether someone is good or bad at the game. It's a team game at heart, and victory depends on everyone working together. If everyone clusters in the valley at Lakeville, or all of our heavy tanks go up the hill at Himmelsdorf, or our lone IS-7 going and rushing the enemy base without saying a word, it's my fault?

MajorDestruction #140 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 18:01

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 366 battles

View PostRolandVH, on Aug 21 2011 - 17:13, said:

Thanks for your input, but stats still aren't a good measure of whether someone is good or bad at the game. It's a team game at heart, and victory depends on everyone working together. If everyone clusters in the valley at Lakeville, or all of our heavy tanks go up the hill at Himmelsdorf, or our lone IS-7 going and rushing the enemy base without saying a word, it's my fault?

Didn't say it was.Adapt your game accordingly, not all games have idiots that take heavies up the hill on himmesdorf, or swarm the valley and get face raped by arti,if you feel that it's bad team tactics all the time then play your own game, take your time and think about the map, use your head, pick the right opportunity to make your attack.
Just because you drive a medium doesn't mean you gotta be a brave little soldier and try light the whole enemy team up only to be let down time after time by bad support, not all games have bad players. e50 is a good tank "in the right hands" but like the 54 did it's getting bad press from other nations medium players..
Be Cool
MD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users