Jump to content


E50 - Simply the Boss


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
314 replies to this topic

LifePilgrim #41 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 06:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6747 battles
  • 440
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Behold as a T-54 driver now I dread the E-50. On the positive side, at least now arty has another fast mover to target.

Family_Man7287 #42 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 07:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6357 battles
  • 15
  • [UDK] UDK
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011

View Postjnzl, on Aug 12 2011 - 13:51, said:

I had a is-4, ausf b & t-44 back in beta, they were 'real' tanks back then, i guess burnt myself out during it (god, that sleepless xp weekend) and play more for fun & friends these days than grinding up the current buzz-tank, each to thier own, i do love how you like telling me about my lowe though, its a great tank!

You seem to think i am saying the e-50 is utter trash that your average kv could take 1-1, i am not, however, if you look at the pros/cons of this the t54 still has the edge as the best all round medium tank.

Which has more holes & crit points? the e-50

Which is as large as a heavy with poor stealth? the e-50

Which has the least ammount of armor & more flat surface points? the e-50

Which has the poorest acceleration? the e-50

Which has a static hull ammo rack location? the e-50

Sure you dont have to dogfight every round, but then, thats part of the fun rolling in a med isnt it?  :Smile-izmena: im not going to criticize your playstyle, you want to snipe? good on you, a wins a win no matter how you get there, but thinking the sun shines out the e-50's rear exahaust, i dont think so :)


Feel free to now pick this apart in the most arrogant and condescending way you can.

LOL I have shredded more T54's than i can count... oh ya you missed one what tank weighs as much as a heavy but can go 50 kph easily the E50 which means when i hit that puny lil t-54 IT HURTS HIM. Also i can and have bounced many 100mm rounds. To me the E50 is just what the devs needed to silence once and for all the world of russian tanks whiners. If they are stupid they will nerf it and give credence back to the whiners. The E50 can beast even heavies one on one because of it armour though it's not always recommended lol

JackieTreehorn #43 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 07:36

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 8042 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010
Just had 4 T54's resort to having to shoot HE at our E50's cause they couldn't touch our turrets, the armour on this thing is worlds apart from the Panther2, I love it. Those 54's got shredded.

Also, the large weight of the E50 is a good thing in terms of ramming, I took 25% off a Patton with a ram today.

Popingheads #44 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 08:39

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10860 battles
  • 532
  • Member since:
    12-04-2010

View PostPutinDoesPanzers, on Aug 13 2011 - 07:36, said:

Just had 4 T54's resort to having to shoot HE at our E50's cause they couldn't touch our turrets, the armour on this thing is worlds apart from the Panther2, I love it. Those 54's got shredded.

Also, the large weight of the E50 is a good thing in terms of ramming, I took 25% off a Patton with a ram today.

Well actually the T-54 with the best gun should be able to pen the turret if they hit straight on. So I'm guessing they didn't have the D-54T, or whatever it was.

JackieTreehorn #45 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 08:56

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 8042 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010
It was Abbey, they didn't have time to aim, their shots naturally kept hitting my mantlet. Every time they would try go for a weak spot, we'd punish them.

PS: Just tried to go Water in my E50 on that bloody desert map, ended up running into 3 T54's and an E50, didn't end well for me :P

Guderian_II #46 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 13:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15234 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
jahowl  :Smile_honoring:.. finally i can kick some t54 ass without fear right now...thanks dev's

RolandVH #47 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 19:43

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 29478 battles
  • 1,654
  • [LVTHN] LVTHN
  • Member since:
    12-13-2010
I only have one thing to say about the E-50. Only one word, even...

OKTOBERFEST *rams a T-54*

Nutzo #48 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 20:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13876 battles
  • 19
  • [AOD] AOD
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011
what is the avg repair cost on this fine beast?

tritium4ever #49 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 20:33

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5133 battles
  • 543
  • [CGN] CGN
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostNutzo, on Aug 13 2011 - 20:25, said:

what is the avg repair cost on this fine beast?

You're looking at 17-18k repair for complete destruction.

Popingheads #50 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 21:06

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10860 battles
  • 532
  • Member since:
    12-04-2010
You can easily spend 20k+ on ammo too, so you won't make money in this, at least no without premium.

amuro #51 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 21:13

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6963 battles
  • 322
  • [-MC-] -MC-
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
lol other tier 9 mediums bounce on you and then shoot HE at you. overall amazing tank, godly gun and rammer.
my only problem is that arty does too much damage.
like for eg i take less arty damage in my T-54 and pershing then E-50.

Doctuer #52 Posted Aug 13 2011 - 21:17

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 17544 battles
  • 745
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010
I just got top gun in the E-50 wiping out FIVE Lowes and an Object 704, god it's just awesome.

T-54's respect it too B)

Ice_King #53 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 03:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9748 battles
  • 403
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
Currently using Vents, ram, & optics. Would spall liner be a viable option for this tank?

hiroshi_tea #54 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 04:11

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 14281 battles
  • 3,443
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY
  • Member since:
    09-21-2010
I just got the 88 L 100 gun for the E-50 out of curiosity.  My goodness, this is a fun gun.
It's no replacement for the 105 ausf b, but it seems to function well enough in high tier matches.
I simply love the rate of fire on the thing and it has a bit more penetration than the 105mm.

I'll probably switch between the two guns depending on my mood

Highlighter #55 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 04:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 4416 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011

View Posthiroshi_tea, on Aug 14 2011 - 04:11, said:

I just got the 88 L 100 gun for the E-50 out of curiosity.  My goodness, this is a fun gun.
It's no replacement for the 105 ausf b, but it seems to function well enough in high tier matches.
I simply love the rate of fire on the thing and it has a bit more penetration than the 105mm.

I'll probably switch between the two guns depending on my mood

What's the ammo cost for that gun?

Zardnaar #56 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 07:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 20352 battles
  • 2,642
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011
Looking forward to this but I'm grinding a Vk3001H for a panther. Ssshhh if its good. They will nerf it.

rshoaf883 #57 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 13:21

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 14012 battles
  • 70
  • [R-P] R-P
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View PostPutinDoesPanzers, on Aug 11 2011 - 18:16, said:

Wow, what can I say? The E50 is amazing. Take one of the best guns in the entire game in the 10.5, add some nice armour, give it a great top speed, give it even sexier looks... and well.. you got the best tier9 medium in the game. There simply is no point in getting a Patton, and the E50 more than handles its own in a close up dog fighting match with a T54. This really is the boss. We even had one game where we went up a hill on prok, and ran straight into about 7 mediums, including 4 T54's, a Patton, T44 and a Panther, now if this was the Panther2, we would of died so quick, but we ended up taking most of them down with our E50's(3 of us in a platoon), and it was their arti that did the damage to me.

Tonight, Me and a couple of buddies(Dr_Zoidberg01, ZeGerman and CmdrAnderson(for the last two games)) ran a E50 platoon in random battles, and won 16 games in a row, with 15 of them being over 1k exp. The streak is still going really, since I closed the game undefeated. The only loss I had apart from one in the E50 before the streak, was in the T95 in a single game in between, but that is the T95.


Screenshot:

http://i54.tinypic.com/fbgniu.png

Don't have an E50? Get one. Have a Patton? Sell it. Have a T54? Keep a look out for your new boss. Have a E50? Well, you can't hide behind any excuses now, forget the rubbish about soviet bias, it's time for you players to show if you have skill, or if you suck, because really.. you have the right tank in your hands.

PS: Although the 10.5 is really the best choice for the E50, the 88 L/100 is fun to use, and the barrel is freaking huge! lol, it's just a shame that DPS doesn't mean much in this game, when most games are about alpha damage and playing peak a boo.


E50 is in serious need of nerfing.. Simply put, it's top speed is not realistic.  60 KPH from a 750 HP engine?  Not gonna happen with a vehicle weighing in at 60 tons.  Even a tank with a more advanced suspension.. the British Chieftain Tank (55 tons), could only manage 48 KPH with it's 750 HP engine.. 30 KPH off road.  Weighing in at only 47.5 tons, the Russian T90A tank.. with it's 840 HP engine can only manage 60KPH.  The power to weight ratio simply does not support 60KPH on the E50.

Here's a list of current MBT tanks with their power to weight ratios and their top speeds:

Russian T90 - 23.7 hp/ton - 60–65 km/h
Israel Merkava - 23 hp/ton - 64 km/h
Republic of Korea K2 Black Panther - 27.2 hp/ton - 70 km/h
USA M1A2 - 24.5 hp/ton - 72 km/h (governed)
England Challenger 2 - 19.2 hp/ton - 56 km/h

Germany E50 - 12.5 hp/ton 60 km/h..  not gonna happen

Vandelay #58 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 14:15

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11324 battles
  • 756
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View Postrshoaf883, on Aug 14 2011 - 13:21, said:

E50 is in serious need of nerfing.. Simply put, it's top speed is not realistic.  60 KPH from a 750 HP engine?  Not gonna happen with a vehicle weighing in at 60 tons.  Even a tank with a more advanced suspension.. the British Chieftain Tank (55 tons), could only manage 48 KPH with it's 750 HP engine.. 30 KPH off road.  Weighing in at only 47.5 tons, the Russian T90A tank.. with it's 840 HP engine can only manage 60KPH.  The power to weight ratio simply does not support 60KPH on the E50.

Here's a list of current MBT tanks with their power to weight ratios and their top speeds:

Russian T90 - 23.7 hp/ton - 60–65 km/h
Israel Merkava - 23 hp/ton - 64 km/h
Republic of Korea K2 Black Panther - 27.2 hp/ton - 70 km/h
USA M1A2 - 24.5 hp/ton - 72 km/h (governed)
England Challenger 2 - 19.2 hp/ton - 56 km/h

Germany E50 - 12.5 hp/ton 60 km/h..  not gonna happen


Er, E-50 has a 1200 HP engine.

rshoaf883 #59 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 14:24

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 14012 battles
  • 70
  • [R-P] R-P
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View PostVandelay, on Aug 14 2011 - 14:15, said:

Er, E-50 has a 1200 HP engine.

Yes, it's final engine is 1200 hp, but it's beginning engine is 750 hp, and stats on the beginning engine state that it can do 60 kph with it.. not gonna happen. If you right click on a Tank in the Tech Tree, those are the stats as the vehicle is currently equipped.  And even with it's 1200 final engine, it's Horse Power to Weight ratio is only 20:1.. which would put it at the lower end of the spectrum for modern MBT's with much more advanced transmissions and suspensions.

KillingMeSoftly #60 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 14:35

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 7729 battles
  • 1,358
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010

View Postrshoaf883, on Aug 14 2011 - 14:24, said:

Yes, it's final engine is 1200 hp, but it's beginning engine is 750 hp, and stats on the beginning engine state that it can do 60 kph with it.. not gonna happen. If you right click on a Tank in the Tech Tree, those are the stats as the vehicle is currently equipped.  And even with it's 1200 final engine, it's Horse Power to Weight ratio is only 20:1.. which would put it at the lower end of the spectrum for modern MBT's with much more advanced transmissions and suspensions.

So?  There's no tank in this game that doesn't have a fantasy configuration as its top loadout.  Also I don't think you're going to hit 60 km/h with the stock engine unless you're going down hill.  It takes long enough to reach top speed with the 1200hp engine, let alone 750hp.

Most tanks in this game go faster than their typical realistic combat speeds.