(I do realize that people that own the tank are most likely going to vote no, so please refrain from voting if you own the tank).
TL;DR the Obj.252U is way too good to be a Tier 8 tank, so it should get non-preferential matchmaking. (Yeesh. I know that this tank does not get preferential matchmaking. The meaning of non-preferential is the opposite of preferential. Not the lack of preference AKA normal MM.) This would only allow it to get into battles that have Tier 9 and Tier 10 vehicles as top tier (meaning it would only be allowed to see T7-10 vehicles, with the exception of scouts).
So... Yeah. The Obj. 252U/Defender has been released, and all I've seen/heard from the community are 95% complaints, and the other 5% mostly being people that own it trying to defend themselves. This tank is clearly stronger than your average Tier 8 heavy, which is especially bad because it is a premium vehicle. The whole idea of premium vehicles (at least, judging from the older premiums) was to create tanks that gave you increased experience and credits that you could buy instantly with money, with the downside being that they were weaker to their same-tier counterparts. Be it less armour or mobility, or weaker penentration or alpha... They were either equal or lesser so that they weren't considered Pay to Win. The premium vehicles that WG have been releasing as of late have been increasingly stronger than the last, and many consider them to be somewhat P2W (E25, Skorpion G, M4A1 Rev., etc.). I'm sure there are many ways that these vehicles could be fixed, but a LOT of players would be upset because they've grown to like how overpowered their little credit-making machines are. One idea that I am going to propose, however, is an idea to help fix the broken nature of the Obj. 252U.
Because the Obj. 252U is built more like a Tier 9 or Tier 10 tank, why not make its matchmaking just that? Instead of allowing it to completely destroy everyone and everything when it gets into top-tier battles because most of the other tanks can't even pen it, I think that it should get the matchmaking of a Tier 9 heavy tank so that it can have more balanced gameplay. This would greatly reduce the Pay to Win aspects of the tank, and would help balance out the T8 matchmaking that got ever so screwed after this tank was released. Yes, this tank DOES have weakspots... But so does every other tank in the game. That is a completely invalid argument to use, which is the main one that I see people using to defend this vehicle.
Edited by ForwardToNowhere, Feb 27 2017 - 20:41.