Obj. 252U Non-Preferential Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Non-Preferential Matchmaking for Obj. 252U. (76 members have cast votes)

Do you agree with this idea? (Please, do not vote if you own the tank).

1. Yes, the Obj. 252U should only be able to be in T9-10 battles. (19 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No, the Obj. 252U is fine as it is and should continue to be in T8 battles. (57 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ForwardToNowhere #1 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 5880 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

(I do realize that people that own the tank are most likely going to vote no, so please refrain from voting if you own the tank).

TL;DR the Obj.252U is way too good to be a Tier 8 tank, so it should get non-preferential matchmaking. (Yeesh. I know that this tank does not get preferential matchmaking. The meaning of non-preferential is the opposite of preferential. Not the lack of preference AKA normal MM.) This would only allow it to get into battles that have Tier 9 and Tier 10 vehicles as top tier (meaning it would only be allowed to see T7-10 vehicles, with the exception of scouts).

So... Yeah. The Obj. 252U/Defender has been released, and all I've seen/heard from the community are 95% complaints, and the other 5% mostly being people that own it trying to defend themselves. This tank is clearly stronger than your average Tier 8 heavy, which is especially bad because it is a premium vehicle. The whole idea of premium vehicles (at least, judging from the older premiums) was to create tanks that gave you increased experience and credits that you could buy instantly with money, with the downside being that they were weaker to their same-tier counterparts. Be it less armour or mobility, or weaker penentration or alpha... They were either equal or lesser so that they weren't considered Pay to Win. The premium vehicles that WG have been releasing as of late have been increasingly stronger than the last, and many consider them to be somewhat P2W (E25, Skorpion G, M4A1 Rev., etc.). I'm sure there are many ways that these vehicles could be fixed, but a LOT of players would be upset because they've grown to like how overpowered their little credit-making machines are. One idea that I am going to propose, however, is an idea to help fix the broken nature of the Obj. 252U.

Because the Obj. 252U is built more like a Tier 9 or Tier 10 tank, why not make its matchmaking just that? Instead of allowing it to completely destroy everyone and everything when it gets into top-tier battles because most of the other tanks can't even pen it, I think that it should get the matchmaking of a Tier 9 heavy tank so that it can have more balanced gameplay. This would greatly reduce the Pay to Win aspects of the tank, and would help balance out the T8 matchmaking that got ever so screwed after this tank was released. Yes, this tank DOES have weakspots... But so does every other tank in the game. That is a completely invalid argument to use, which is the main one that I see people using to defend this vehicle.

Edited by ForwardToNowhere, Feb 27 2017 - 20:41.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 28015 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

Honestly, aren't you sick of hearing the old "pay to win" crap like I am? It is worse than the 1980's troll phrase "git gud".  Why does every premium tank have to be a colostomy bag compared to a grind tank? 

It is not a baby Maus, invincible, nor a gawd mode tank.

Be calm - like this guy

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Feb 27 2017 - 20:39.

Silvers_ #3 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
i've been able to pen it easily with T7 tanks. Heck even the Swiss leo can pen it. Learn to aim.

enjineer #4 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41504 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
The fact that it can already see tier 10 tanks on it's own means it does NOT get pref MM.

J3Tears #5 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7999 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
It killed me when I stood in front of it, Must be Nerfed! 

ForwardToNowhere #6 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 5880 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postenjineer, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:21, said:

The fact that it can already see tier 10 tanks on it's own means it does NOT get pref MM.

Yes, I know that. Preferential Matchmaking means that the tank can only see -2/+1, so in my mind Non-Preferential meant that the tank can only see -1/+2 haha. Just making up stuff.

blabberbottom #7 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 26218 battles
  • [1776V] 1776V
The tank does not get preferential matchmaking it gets normal matchmaking. I don't think you understand what preferential matchmaking is so I will explain a tank with preferential MM will only see its tier and +1 tier therefore a tier 8 preferential will not see tier 10. The only tanks in the game that aren't supposed to see there own tier are scouts and that will change with the new tier10 light tanks. The tank is just fine the way it is.

Sensei_101 #8 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12878 battles

One of my bright spots from this weekend was seeing a full platoon of Defenders vaporized in about four minutes in a tier X game. 

They have no business being in matches with tier VII's but when they start finding themselves in a lot more tier X matches, and they will, the whining will be deafing for a ROF and speed buff.

Zepherex #9 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 21579 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Want a pony?

ForwardToNowhere #10 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 5880 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:15, said:

Honestly, aren't you sick of hearing the old "pay to win" crap like I am? It is worse than the 1980's troll phrase "git gud".  Why does every premium tank have to be a colostomy bag compared to a grind tank? 

It is not a baby Maus, invincible, nor a gawd mode tank.

Yes... However you're still paying to use a tank that nobody else can get without using real money in order to get an unfair advantage over other players, AND getting more credits and crew exp in the process. I know that it's not invincible and unable to be killed. I never once said that. I'm just saying that it's incredibly strong for its tier and very easy to do well in.

Kenshin2kx #11 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

"TL;DR the Obj.252U is way too good to be a Tier 8 tank, so it should get non-preferential matchmaking. This would only allow it to get into battles that have Tier 9 and Tier 10 vehicles as top tier (meaning it would only be allowed to see T7-10 vehicles, with the exception of scouts)."

.................................................................................................

AFAIK this tank gets normal matchmaking ... I've never heard that it was even considered for Pref MM.  In fact, WG seems focused on the 

'retirement' of the Pref MM model.  The present best guess on the recent release of high performance premiums is to adjust the present mm system by making pref MM obsolete (by making such tanks competitive with the +2 possibility in matches (where at Tier 8 would possibly encounter a Tier 10).  The older mm model 'balanced' having a lesser performing premium with a truncated tier algorithm, but apparently this was a significant drain on computational resources for real time match making during peak play times.   The solution?  a Tier 8 Premium that plays to the capacity of normal matchmaking i.e. T8-10) otherwise known as normal matchmaking.

Kenshin2kx #12 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostSensei_101, on Feb 27 2017 - 09:33, said:

One of my bright spots from this weekend was seeing a full platoon of Defenders vaporized in about four minutes in a tier X game. 

They have no business being in matches with tier VII's but when they start finding themselves in a lot more tier X matches, and they will, the whining will be deafing for a ROF and speed buff.

... that and or an emulation of the T-34 in regards to 'hull down' support sniper ... 

Rin_ #13 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 17535 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View PostZepherex, on Feb 27 2017 - 20:33, said:

Want a pony?

Nice try but I'm not getting back in the van.

Ak_Lonewolf #14 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27334 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

The new premium tanks are the way they are due to POWER CREEP. This will future proof the tanks for at least 2 years. Honestly though... its a decent tank but its not amazing. I out perform my Defender with many other tanks. 

Its nice because it trains my IS-3 Crew and my IS-7 Crew perfectly... Unlike the other russian prem tanks that take 7 crew members of the mix and match variety.

Xero4 #15 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7032 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

As a 252U driver, I can try to offer some perspective.Yes, the frontal armor is borderline Op, but it can be penned, 3 words: Lower front plate. I'll grant you this though, if you can hide the lower front hull it gets far more difficult and despite what reviews by various community contributors have shown, the cupolas are not exactly an easy shot if the driver is keeping the turret moving (I know this because I do it and I've not had my cupolas penned once that I've noticed). There is however a thin spot at the top of the pike nose at the base of the turret that a high caliber HE round should be able to splash in for a decent amount of damage. For the sides, I've noticed that people have usually been shooting at the upper hull, the sloped part. You need to be aiming through the tracks as this is where I've noticed most shots actually penning and doing damage from the side. As relatively thin as the side armor seems, I've had some fairly high caliber rounds bounce off just while I'm fully side on. From the rear I can happily report that that sloping on the upper armor before angling will be somewhat trollish, so if you want a guaranteed pen, go for the lower plate or the turret in the rear unless you are shooting from above or you have a particularly high pen gun. The sides of the turret are not going to be an easy pen as I have bounce high caliber TD rounds off the side of my turret. I have noticed something else, wiggling it right as an enemy fires off a shot has allowed me to bounce more than a few high tier TDs with a somewhat regular degree of success (it works even better than with the ST-I and IS-6). I know I am probably telling you guys stuff you already know (especially since most of you are probably better players), but I was hoping to let you all know these things from the perspective of a 252 driver. I do hope that this information and perspective was useful to any of you.

Zepherex #16 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 21579 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostRin_, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:39, said:

Nice try but I'm not getting back in the van.

B-b-but I has candy

ForwardToNowhere #17 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 5880 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostSensei_101, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:33, said:

Yes... I agree that most T8 tanks absolutely suck in T10 matches haha. This tank is in the awkward spot where it's too good to be in T8 matches, but not good enough to be in T10 matches. It would probably be asking to much to restrict this to only T9 matches though. :p

View PostZepherex, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:33, said:

Want a pony?

No thanks! I went horseback riding once and it was a pretty awful experience. Not really my cup of tea. 

View PostKenshin2kx, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:36, said:

"TL;DR the Obj.252U is way too good to be a Tier 8 tank, so it should get non-preferential matchmaking. This would only allow it to get into battles that have Tier 9 and Tier 10 vehicles as top tier (meaning it would only be allowed to see T7-10 vehicles, with the exception of scouts)."

.................................................................................................

AFAIK this tank gets normal matchmaking ... I've never heard that it was even considered for Pref MM.  In fact, WG seems focused on the 

'retirement' of the Pref MM model.  The present best guess on the recent release of high performance premiums is to adjust the present mm system by making pref MM obsolete (by making such tanks competitive with the +2 possibility in matches (where at Tier 8 would possibly encounter a Tier 10).  The older mm model 'balanced' having a lesser performing premium with a truncated tier algorithm, but apparently this was a significant drain on computational resources for real time match making during peak play times.   The solution?  a Tier 8 Premium that plays to the capacity of normal matchmaking i.e. T8-10) otherwise known as normal matchmaking.

Again, yes. I am aware that this tank does not have preferential matchmaking.

Beornotns #18 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19776 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

View PostForwardToNowhere, on Feb 27 2017 - 11:04, said:

(I do realize that people that own the tank are most likely going to vote no, so please refrain from voting if you own the tank).

So, in other words, "don't post here unless you agree with me."

Yeah, no...  This tank is fine where it is.  Much like an O-I Exp. or the like, it is a beast at tier, and at a disadvantage when bottom tier.  So, no, I disagree as much as a disagreement can disagree.

Just get one and enjoy the 40% of missions when you are top tier.  In heavy tier IX and X games, learn to be a support tank and to manage the long reload.

/thread

~B

SkyCancerHasGiftForYou #19 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12205 battles

View PostForwardToNowhere, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:35, said:

Yes... However you're still paying to use a tank that nobody else can get without using real money in order to get an unfair advantage over other players, AND getting more credits and crew exp in the process. I know that it's not invincible and unable to be killed. I never once said that. I'm just saying that it's incredibly strong for its tier and very easy to do well in.

I own Mercedes SLK350 and every time some Porsche or Maserati kick my [edited], [edited]that is not fair, I am only making so much money to buy this car and can not afford Porsche, so let place restriction on their engines so that they are not faster than me.

OP, this is F2P game and you do not have to spend a cent on it, but if you spend a bit, than you get some advantage over ppl who can not spend money or are cheap to spend. It is like a real life.

hikerjon1 #20 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 20:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28906 battles

View PostBeornotns, on Feb 27 2017 - 19:48, said:

So, in other words, "don't post here unless you agree with me."

Yeah, no...  This tank is fine where it is.  Much like an O-I Exp. or the like, it is a beast at tier, and at a disadvantage when bottom tier.  So, no, I disagree as much as a disagreement can disagree.

Just get one and enjoy the 40% of missions when you are top tier.  In heavy tier IX and X games, learn to be a support tank and to manage the long reload.

/thread

~B

​This. Well said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users