Your Customers Do Not Want Artillery Nerf-Hammered!

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

SacherMasoc #161 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 00:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6598 battles
There's also talk of a PVE mode. That could be a safe place for arty players to go to.

ImaKillYou #162 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 02:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24227 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
STOP necroing dead threads.

dexatrin82 #163 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA
The necro is strong with this thread

Hillbilly58 #164 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 06:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37060 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Feb 27 2017 - 19:15, said:

Dear W.o.T;

World of Tanks is a great game and I love it! In two years I have 45,000+ battles, (13,672 of those using my 43 SPG's), and I hope this massive amount of experience in the game that I have will lend more weight to this feedback than from the average casual player or the artillery-whiners, (who are in the minority). I am not a spoiled child without a job that doesn't put any money into this game and constantly whines in the Forum about artillery. No, I'm an adult who has run my own business for over 30 years.  I, (along with thousands and thousands of other artillery players), have money to invest in this great game, financially supporting the game and have done so many times. I hope this vast base of experience in the game and my business experience of over 30 years lends much greater weight with the developers than the typical, "feedback", they receive from mere children still living with their parents and constantly whining in the Forum.

Let's talk raw numbers here and what they mean to Wargaming, as it's evident this aspect is being overlooked by the developers regarding the proposed nerf-hammering of artillery.

The video that announced the proposed nerf-hammering of artillery at this moment has 142,499 views in only 20 days, which equals 7,125 views per day. This sets a record for most views of any Wargaming video you have ever posted. The proposed nerf-hammering of artillery is extreme and deeply angers untold thousands and thousands of your artillery customers all over the world, as these numbers clearly demonstrate. The proposed nerf-hammering of artillery is a very hot topic and the outcome will determine whether Wargaming has a successful future or not. A successful, established business such as Wargaming should not be making extreme changes to their business or they invite financial ruin.

The total number of thumbs up and down votes for this video at this moment is 4,355.

The number of thumbs down votes is 1,653 and this is a whopping 38% of the total, almost 40%. That's huge. Any business that even lost a few percent of its customers would be cause for concern and there would be meetings to determine what they were doing wrong and how to correct it. But a business losing almost 40% of its customers would be red alert time and they clearly would be doing something incredibly wrong. Even 10% would be a serious problem.

This means statistically that of those 142,499 total views, that about 38% of the people viewing that video do not want artillery nerf-hammered, or "rebalanced". 38% of 142,499 equals a whopping 54,149 of your customers that have watched that video that do not want artillery nerf-hammered. Angering 54,149 of your customers is not good business and that is not good for the game in any way, shape or form.

At latest count, World of Tanks has 110 million registered tankers all over the world. 38% of 110 million is 41,800,000 of your customers/player base, almost 42 million of your customers that do not want artillery nerf-hammered, or "rebalanced". 42 million people, customers, is a staggering number.

Does Wargaming really want to lose 38% of its business? How many millions and millions of dollars in lost revenue would that total come to? Would it be wise to lose so much money? How many jobs would be lost at Wargaming?

When he visited the offices of Wargaming in California several months ago, your fine C.E.O. Victor Kislyi said in a video that, "everyone hates artillery". With the utmost respect to Mr.Kislyi, the numbers above indicate otherwise and every time Wargaming nerf-hammers artillery you are angering a very large percentage of your player base. This is not wise and not good business.

Wargaming, as the numbers above clearly demonstrate, if the proposal to nerf-hammer artillery is implemented, you would be making a huge mistake. Please do not do this. Cancel the proposed nerf-hammering of artillery.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a super day! :)

I like arty when I am playing arty and f@#king hate it when I am not. When a 155 round hits a tank it should kill all the crew every time but it should take at least 3 rounds to adjust to get the hit 1 round a min would be about right so if a tank sits and does not move for 3 minuets boom so long camper. Leave arty be or buff it. 

Brandel #165 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 10664 battles
I don't understand why there's so much hate against arty.  I started playing arty over the summer and I love it.  And I can see it's functionality.  WG has already nerfed arty considerably.  And by playing arty, I've learned to play my other tanks better and I've learned the maps. 

mattwong #166 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:54

Major

• Players
  • 30341 battles

View PostBrandel, on Nov 14 2017 - 11:41, said:

I don't understand why there's so much hate against arty.  I started playing arty over the summer and I love it.  And I can see it's functionality.  WG has already nerfed arty considerably.  And by playing arty, I've learned to play my other tanks better and I've learned the maps. 

Not to be rude, but your stats aren't good enough for you to have experienced the worst aspect of arty: XVM-sniping.  Nothing like being in a bottom-tier tank and still having 3 arty focus on you so much that you can't move out of cover without being hammered all game.

There is a reason that people tend to hate arty more when their stats are better.

Edited by mattwong, Nov 14 2017 - 17:54.

OrnmiIler #167 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 00:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

My WoT war cry is an unwavering 9.17 or die!

It is indubitable, nothing else is really WoT, and nothing else suffices.

Mak0n #168 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 18:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16144 battles

View Postmattwong, on Nov 14 2017 - 17:54, said:

Not to be rude, but your stats aren't good enough for you to have experienced the worst aspect of arty: XVM-sniping.  Nothing like being in a bottom-tier tank and still having 3 arty focus on you so much that you can't move out of cover without being hammered all game.

There is a reason that people tend to hate arty more when their stats are better.

And this is exactly why mods.. ALL mods should be completely removed from the game.  They are unnecessary and allow XVM sniping as well as utter crap team chat when those "good" players go at the outset of the game "enjoy the loss".

All the XVM statistics serve is to show everyone how small/large your e-[edited]is.... If you want to look up your stats, go to the garage or WOT labs.  Remove XVM statistics from in-game, it will make the gaming experience better for everyone and hopefully tone down the toxicity of the game.

OrnmiIler #169 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostMak0n, on Nov 16 2017 - 12:15, said:

And this is exactly why mods.. ALL mods should be completely removed from the game.  They are unnecessary and allow XVM sniping as well as utter crap team chat when those "good" players go at the outset of the game "enjoy the loss".

All the XVM statistics serve is to show everyone how small/large your e-[edited]is.... If you want to look up your stats, go to the garage or WOT labs.  Remove XVM statistics from in-game, it will make the gaming experience better for everyone and hopefully tone down the toxicity of the game.

+1

Less=Easy=Universal WoT Best!

There is way, way, way too much info (over saturation) made available on everything and everyone by WoT, outside mods only adds more gasoline to further flame these key game breaking problems.

The only legitimate way to really put a dent in toxic curiosity problems, created solely by WoT, in game play and Forum (Chronic Whinerism) non-conformity, anti–social behavior, and supporting/promoting stat elitism, in and out of game, are to have as close to 100% adherence to universal standards for all as possible, with as little info saturation as possible.

This is especially true of the dissemination of information by WoT, which is way over the top of what is really necessary for anyone to spy/require in game during play, statistics files, and player background only really serve the few and defeats a WoT community of cooperative spirit and promotes isolation!  

caramel #170 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 8008 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostBrandel, on Nov 14 2017 - 08:41, said:

Why? boy oh boy lets recount the reasons; first and foremost the poster bellow being very accurate. If you're somehow the best person on your team {or you're in a well known clan like Bulba or something} expect to be hammered, hard, all game once they find you. Arty has a knack for locking onto a specific target all game, not "Spreading the love" as it were.

Ontop of that, before the nerf, arty, when it hit,  was stupidly powerful. Rng is not a good balancer for this, because yeah you may miss that stationary target wtih a perfectly zeroed reticule, you may also nuke that scout going 60 in a zig zag, because lol RNG. Ontop of that, at the time, a lot of arty had gold {And it used to be even MORE accurate}; with very high damage for its tier {The M44 had 750 alpha and 200MM of pen with gold}, meaning aside from heavies, at tier you could often severely mangle anything you saw, if not outright kill it with one good hit and FDR.

Now we have this brain dead stun mechanic and even faster reloading arty; meaning if you're an open top, or a slow heavy, the game is over for you the second artillery decides it wants to give you a hot fresh load, over, and over, and over. And I refuse to call it a nerf, since really, aside from the damage reduction, most arty has faster firing and reloads, as well as better overall accuracy. {I think the stun should be removed entirely from all derps/howitzers/arty}

and to top all of that off, as to why everyone is annoyed about it.Any other tank shoots you, you CAN blindfire back and possibly strike them, or fight them back, or simply back away from where you are to escape, all kinds of ways to counter another tank, but when artillery is pounding away at you, your only recourse is to hide behind a large structure, hump that wall, and hope like hell RNJesus can't slip his finger inside at that spot. Theirs absolutely no way to fight back against arty if you're halfway across the map and getting hammered, aside from hoping your own arty can CB {Rare as [edited]} or your scouts can zip up and murder their arty.

On the posters above, even IF mods were removed, people have learned what the big clans are, and will still focus those down, XVM or no. And if they're new players, older players will still tell them to focus them down because of their clan tags.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users