New Arty Stun Effect

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Awestryker #1 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 23341 battles

Was just watching QB on sand box server, and all I have to say is "wow", when you get stunned pretty much everything on the tank gets nerfed for the duration of the stun; repairs, reload, movement, etc., etc. I watched QB get stunned and then it was the longest 20 to 30 seconds of agony. As I watched I got filled with anxiety. Instead of dying to 1-shots, you die the death of many cuts.

I would rather get 1-shot once every 50 games than put up with the stun effect...

After watching that sand box play, I am a big fan of just leaving artys alone, or reducing their damage. Heck, how about reducing damage and adding smoke rounds (so friendlies get de-spotted) and flare rounds (to find enemies) to help team mates.

That stun really sucks...

Edited by Awestryker, Feb 27 2017 - 21:19.

CanOfTomatoes #2 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 20298 battles
So it begins...the crying about stuns...next will be remember the good ole days when arty killed you with one shot...why did they ever change that WG always messes thing up...lol nothing satisfies the need for tears.

BogusBadger #3 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:20

Captain

• Players
  • 33211 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
As time goes on it becomes more and more clear that arty cannot be fixed in this game.

galspanic #4 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 23666 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

"I would rather get 1-shot once every 50 games than put up with the stun effect..."

Except people seem to think that it's more like once every game, they whined incessantly about it, and now we have "nerfed" artillery that could potentially make people even more annoyed.

xxBigbacon #5 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6967 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

View PostBogusBadger, on Feb 27 2017 - 21:20, said:

As time goes on it becomes more and more clear that arty cannot be fixed in this game.

What I don't get is why not make it like it is in Armored Warfare. The mechanics are the same but they do vastly less damage and module damage. They CANNOT one shot anything without it being a very lucky ammo racking. SPGs in AW can sit there and annoy the crap out of a target but won't be carrying a game with shot guns. Like WOT they are slow as molasses and lightly armored.

and the thing is...in AW, the SPGs are a blast to play.

Edited by xxBigbacon, Feb 27 2017 - 21:28.

Spanktankk #6 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 32106 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:19, said:

So it begins...the crying about stuns...next will be remember the good ole days when arty killed you with one shot...why did they ever change that WG always messes thing up...lol nothing satisfies the need for tears.

Do you ever post anything constructive... EVER?

BlackwaterXe #7 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 24604 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
If you were watching a video of 1st iteration sandbox stun, then yes, it was stupidly broken. 2nd iteration sandbox stun, however, has a significantly reduced stun time and stun effect, as well can be immediately negated by using your rechargeable first aid kit. I've been playing on sandbox lately and at least from my perspective, 2nd iteration arty really isn't that bad. Bat arties hit for like 150, the other arties for like 300-400. Limiting the number of arty per match and combined with the reusable consumables makes stun more of a minor inconvenience rather than a perma-stun nightmare like it was in 1st iteration.

Awestryker #8 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 23341 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:19, said:

Not crying at all, I just think stun is a horrible path to take after watching the play for about an 1-hour...

I cannot describe the anxiety even I felt watching someone else play after he got stunned, as I watched him try to get into cover and or fight back, its really painful.

At least getting 1-shot is one and done, its over, on to the next game, the stun drags it out for so long its literally painful.

Arty as it is now does not bother me, except I do wish they would limit it to 3 per team...

Awestryker #9 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 23341 battles

View PostxxBigbacon, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:28, said:

What I don't get is why not make it like it is in Armored Warfare. The mechanics are the same but they do vastly less damage and module damage. They CANNOT one shot anything without it being a very lucky ammo racking. SPGs in AW can sit there and annoy the crap out of a target but won't be carrying a game with shot guns. Like WOT they are slow as molasses and lightly armored.

I agree...that's what made me mention flare and smoke rounds...after having seen it in AW...

Then arty has a lot more utility...

Mudman24 #10 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 36150 battles
Stun will deter many of the super terrible players from playing arty since they will no longer get their dopamine rush from one shot kills. This should effectively shrink the number of arty in battles.

CanOfTomatoes #11 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 20298 battles

View PostSpanktankk, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:28, said:

Do you ever post anything constructive... EVER?

Sorry you cant comprehend it when I do so its useless for you to read what I write please feel free to never ever again read any of it....problem solved...carry on dismissed.

Tordenskiold #12 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9100 battles
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB

View PostxxBigbacon, on Feb 27 2017 - 21:28, said:

I liked the way arty was in AW. And since AW copied WoT arty, improved upon it in all manners (BA, high accuracy, lowish damage, fast reload, and make CB a constant threat) but then abandoned the whole thing (and at the same time failed spectacularly RIP), I think WG should just pick up the pieces and bring into WoT wholesale.

This stun mechanic seems like it will breed even more arty hatred than we see already.

Awestryker #13 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 23341 battles

View PostTordenskiold, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:39, said:

This stun mechanic seems like it will breed even more arty hatred than we see already.

It will, trust me, I am a mellow guy, and the level of anxiety I felt watching someone stunned was very very high...

xxBigbacon #14 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6967 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

View PostAwestryker, on Feb 27 2017 - 21:33, said:

I agree...that's what made me mention flare and smoke rounds...after having seen it in AW...

Then arty has a lot more utility...

They could leave out the support rounds and it would still be way better.

xmadragex #15 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 21:56

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6262 battles
  • [TAW] TAW

View PostAwestryker, on Feb 27 2017 - 20:16, said:

Was just watching QB on sand box server, and all I have to say is "wow", when you get stunned pretty much everything on the tank gets nerfed for the duration of the stun; repairs, reload, movement, etc., etc. I watched QB get stunned and then it was the longest 20 to 30 seconds of agony. As I watched I got filled with anxiety. Instead of dying to 1-shots, you die the death of many cuts.

I would rather get 1-shot once every 50 games than put up with the stun effect...

After watching that sand box play, I am a big fan of just leaving artys alone, or reducing their damage. Heck, how about reducing damage and adding smoke rounds (so friendlies get de-spotted) and flare rounds (to find enemies) to help team mates.

That stun really sucks...

i like the stunned idea better then the one shot, it will force player to play intelligently, arty is making no sense right now one shooting, but to me stunning make then when ya got a high explosive the shock wave that hit ya tank your crew is thrown around like a bag of marbles, make sense and i look forward to be impress by arty tactical drop of stuns lol

Awestryker #16 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 23341 battles

View Postxmadragex, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:56, said:

i like the stunned idea better then the one shot, it will force player to play intelligently, arty is making no sense right now one shooting, but to me stunning make then when ya got a high explosive the shock wave that hit ya tank your crew is thrown around like a bag of marbles, make sense and i look forward to be impress by arty tactical drop of stuns lol

Watch some play on sand box, or play it...

When you get stunned, hull traverse, turret traverse and speed, all nerfed, everything the crew does gets nerfed it seemed, so reloads are slower, I assume vision is less, aim time is more, etc., etc. It was terribly painful just to watch...

The stun range seemed huge...like 15 meters (I think) still had a minor effect...

I would much rather get 1-shot once every 50 games than have the stun...

Edited by Awestryker, Feb 27 2017 - 22:14.

CanOfTomatoes #17 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 22:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 20298 battles

View PostAwestryker, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:29, said:

Not crying at all, I just think stun is a horrible path to take after watching the play for about an 1-hour...

I cannot describe the anxiety even I felt watching someone else play after he got stunned, as I watched him try to get into cover and or fight back, its really painful.

At least getting 1-shot is one and done, its over, on to the next game, the stun drags it out for so long its literally painful.

Arty as it is now does not bother me, except I do wish they would limit it to 3 per team...

You right the stun is a horrible way to try to solve the issues if there is actually an issue which is questionable. The popular crying about one shot ( Myth no true at all), the domination and forces people to alter the game play ( again totally untrue) is garbage because some people dont want to bother with arty avoidance in matches which isnt that hard. Couple that with the FACT that arty may actually kill you one game in a 100 if you execute proper avoidance. This hysteria about arty has grown so far out of the actual impact it has on the game its comical.

If someone with bad eyesight, retired, slower reflexes, playing on an old puter that gets at best 20 FPS can avoid almost entirely getting even damaged by arty much less killed can play without worrying about arty what does that say about the ACTUAL impact arty has on the game????

CHANGES: Possibly a pen and damage reduction would of been better but that has to come with a better rate of fire. The most fun arty for me is the LeFH it can not one shot anyone with full health but does damage and its rate of fire is to high but something more along those lines. The auto loading arty is ridiculous and should be removed ( auto loading part). Arty should have a limit on number in a match, 3 almost is to many, not because of the effect they will have on a team it causes the exclusion of regular tanks which are much more popular to play..so two per match would not create a undo long wait to enter matches for arty. BUT none of that would matter the hysterical emotional arty haters would not be happy JUST like they wont with the stun change...

oldiowaguy #18 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 22:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19680 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostAwestryker, on Feb 27 2017 - 15:08, said:

Watch some play on sand box, or play it...

When you get stunned, hull traverse, turret traverse and speed, all nerfed, everything the crew does gets nerfed it seemed, so reloads are slower, I assume vision is less, aim time is more, etc., etc. It was terribly painful just to watch...

The stun range seemed huge...like 15 meters (I think) still had a minor effect...

I would much rather get 1-shot once every 50 games than have the stun...

Apply for the sandbox server. I would give your suggestions more merit if you had played it. Watching someone else play an earlier iteration doesn't give you the full story.  I will gladly say I like the stun effect more than being 1 shot. And that is from playing the Sandbox server.

Gunadie #19 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 00:11

Major

• Players
  • 37534 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostBogusBadger, on Feb 27 2017 - 12:20, said:

The player base has proposed a reasonable solution which is to reduce the potential damage per shot and keep some of the playability aspects of ROF and aim time

to a level that doesn't ruin it for both parties.

War Shaming has elected to ignore this and come up with this "stun effect" that they devised on their own without prior consultation. (so it seems)

Its no wonder that this game has the problems it does when their rational and approach to problems is to ram their unsolicited decisions to fix this problem down the throats of its members first

and then ask if its palatable while many are upchucking !

I suspect that this retarded "Stun" effect will only drive players away from the game if its implemented into the pub!

Gunadie #20 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 00:15

Major

• Players
  • 37534 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View Postoldiowaguy, on Feb 27 2017 - 13:24, said:

Apply for the sandbox server. I would give your suggestions more merit if you had played it. Watching someone else play an earlier iteration doesn't give you the full story.  I will gladly say I like the stun effect more than being 1 shot. And that is from playing the Sandbox server.

I did and its worse than you could imagine!

The whole concept is retarded and turns gameplay into feces

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users