New Arty Stun Effect

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

DVK9 #21 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 17:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22544 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

Personally if the stun goes live I will be working my buttocks off switching from clusters of tanks to clusters of tanks. to shooting into the city and stunning you off a wall hit.

So my dmg level isnt going to be 2000+, but between the dmg and stun I will keep my rightful place in the top five.

I am going to so much love the clusters as 1 round stuns 5 tanks and dmgs 3. rinse and repeat.

Soon there will be no clusters of tanks just 1 or 2 singles hung out to dry because people are tired of being stunned.

I will need to buy large tear storage tanks soon. 

flofiseb #22 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 22:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [CATI] CATI

sounds like you guys never played arty, before the stun garbage, most artillery shots dont 1 shot, or hit at all. if I were to fire at a is7 or a e100 id do about 600-800 dmg maximum in mt gw e100. that is pretty normal for most arty, however with the influx of glass cannons, light armored tds, medium tanks, and even heavy tanks that are agile with effecitive guns comes with a price, since its so lightly armored even in high tiers its easy to penetrate . players that play these types to be able to effectively get kills and lots of dmg to higher they're stats but complain about the downside of the chosen vehicle are complete idiots. arty now with the stun its more of a buff, instead of hitting 1 in 5 times with no splash, i have high acc, low dmg but i can stun everyone, it went from a active support (`''kill this target``) to a passive support (``stun and splash these guys```). worst thing is, now arty cant deffend itself from light tanks, a 200mm cannon pens 50 mms of armor with only 1100 dmg, making it useless against mediums and light tanks simply charging head first towards you, pretty sad actually.

flofiseb #23 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 23:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [CATI] CATI

I personally think, dmg should go up by a bit, penetration should also go up by a bit but stun should go down by atleast 35%  and a new feature should be established that artillery has to deploy they're kickback feature before firing depending if they have one(as they do in RL  (the shovel thing would have to be lowered to fire, and moved back up to turn)). such as GWE100= dmg: 1100 to 1500, Pen: 50 to 65-70 , stun 30 secs to 22 seconds with lets say a deployment time of 5 seconds.

flofiseb #24 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 23:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [CATI] CATI

View PostMudman24, on Feb 27 2017 - 20:35, said:

Stun will deter many of the super terrible players from playing arty since they will no longer get their dopamine rush from one shot kills. This should effectively shrink the number of arty in battles.

I feel like its going to be the opposite, arty is now super easy to use with high acc, and super high splash, I can fire at moving targets and completely miss and still do dmg stuns and modual dmg.

OPFOR_06_Actual #25 Posted Apr 29 2017 - 18:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Greetings all, first post to this thread.

I may be short on number of battles in WoT, but my professional experience goes back 18+ years regarding Operational & tactical level real-world warfare simulations:

My bonifides...

1. 13-years US Army active duty: 4-years as an attack helicopter pilot (AH-1S).

2. USAF-certified Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM) instructor/controller; 1999-2008

3. US Army-certified Corps Battle Simulation (CBS) instructor/controller; 2008-2010

4. US Army-certified Warfighter Simulation (WARSIM) instructor/controller; 2010-present

Total military training experience: ~31-years all told.

(Yeah... I'm old!)

The common item I've noticed regarding World of Tanks (WoT) and all the other combat simulations is the utter lack of "physics-based" fidelity regarding weapons effects versus targets... especially armor (MBTs, APCs, SP-ARTY, etc...). Explosives are so misunderstood that the software developers aren't interested because (usually) they don't have much (if any) military experience, and most don't have any knowledge/background in chemistry & physics in addition to their programming expertise.

With specific regard to the new high explosives 'Stun Effects', they sort'a got close, but they're still way off the mark.

Most HE artillery shells are designed to maximize fragmentation effect. The Russian/Soviet 122mm HE shell projectile casing (captured during the Korean Conflict & metallurgically analyzed in the US) was CAST IRON vice high carbon steel. Cast Iron doesn't produce long, sharp splinters: it shatters into very small cubes, most weighing from 1-to-5 grams. The explosive bursting charge expends about 2/3 of it's energy expanding & shattering the shell casing & providing the initial velocity to the fragments. The last 1/3 of the bursting charge represents the resultant gasses that make up the blast overpressure wave & fire ball. This last part can be empirically calculated in pounds per square inch (psi) at a given distance from the point of detonation.

The various levels of injury to unprotected personnel, such as you find in open topped TDs & SPGs, can be attributed to this overpressure/blast wave, because it conforms & wraps around obstacles (armor plates, for example) and potentially inflicts debilitating injuries depending on the weight of the explosive charge & the distance from the point of the explosion.

To scale the overpressure accurately, there are existing nomographs, developed by US & UK Ballistics Research entities & declassified circa 1986 (I have access to lots of open-source UNCLASSIFIED reference documents in PDF format), that can easily be used to 'fix' (i.e. make them more realistic/accurate) the artillery parameters regarding their 'stun effects'.

Note: armored vehicles that are *NOT* open topped, and are 'buttoned up' (all hatches closed & latched) should not be majorly affected by artillery blast waves: it would conform around the outside of the armor envelope and move beyond at hyper/supersonic speed.

If the commander has his hatch open ( see the movie "FURY" ) and an artillery shell detonates nearby, the commander is vulnerable to both the blast wave *AND* the fragmentation effects. Most tank commander deaths/casualties in WW2 were due to head injuries from bullets & artillery/mortar fragments.

Attn: WARGAMING... please contact me if you'd like more information regarding this aspect (and others) you want help with. I am willing to consult/collaborate to make WoT a better game experience for the player community.

Edited by OPFOR_06_Actual, Apr 29 2017 - 18:16.

stalkervision #26 Posted Apr 29 2017 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 48243 battles
 OPFOR_06_Actual                       

"Note: armored vehicles that are *NOT* open topped, and are 'buttoned up' (all hatches closed & latched) should not be majorly affected by artillery blast waves: it would conform around the outside of the armor envelope and move beyond at hyper/supersonic speed.

If the commander has his hatch open ( see the movie "FURY" ) and an artillery shell detonates nearby, the commander is vulnerable to both the blast wave *AND* the fragmentation effects. Most tank commander deaths/casualties in WW2 were due to head injuries from bullets & artillery/mortar fragments." 

absolutely straight, of course we have instant track repair and human resurrections :)

IMO stun should be reserved for direct hits which would no doubt stun the crew in many many ways seeing many arty are almost navel cannon ! 

then there is the bit of halving the pen from these huge guns. 

seriously?  

OPFOR_06_Actual #27 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 02:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

stalkervision

"...of course we have instant track repair and human resurrections :)

IMO stun should be reserved for direct hits which would no doubt stun the crew in many many ways seeing many arty are almost navel cannon !

then there is the bit of halving the pen from these huge guns.

seriously?"

Yeah, there is that. I've broken track many times on my M113A1 back in the day, and it ain't fun.

The treads on a modern Main Battle Tank (MBT) are heavier & they don't help you put 'em back together with PFM (Pure F**king Magic).

Then there's that pesky drive sprocket: *SURE*, I *ALWAYS* had a spare one of those in my driver's tool bag!!!

Naval cannon... perhaps the SU-100Y, but most weapons on the SPGs are howitzers for the most part: usually an adaptation of the Army's towed pieces. The 8-inch gun (vice the howitzer) may have been a naval rifle (coastal defense?) to start, but they were more likely siege weapons the Army had from WW1.

Stun should result from direct hits, for sure, but given the MAUS or other giant steel beast, the stun duration should be based on the target's all-up weight/mass vs. the impulse of the explosive. A direct hit could have similar effects like a HESH/HEP round *IF* the casing doesn't split open and result in the explosive deflagrating/burning vice a high-order detonation/explosion.

Another item I'd like to see is a fuse setting: 'delayed' for penetration of concrete, masonry (more urban rubble), soil (shell craters), armor plate, etc...; and 'super quick' which could result in air-bursts when fired into trees. My 2.75-inch rockets were so equipped, and I could select the setting from the cockpit with the Rocket Management System (RMS). Rockets were fun to shoot!

HE shells don't perform very well against massive armor steel plates, but they work fine against thin armor. Maybe include some Semi Armor Piercing ammo, or a concrete-piercing nose plug to allow some increased chance to punch through stuff.

Finally, if an 88mm AP shot (no bursting charge) had just enough kinetic energy to perforate an armor plate, it would simply fall to the floor of the target vehicle and do little-to-no damage. That's why all combatants' had APCBC-HE (Armor-Piercing, Capped, Ballistic Capped, with an HE bursting charge): when the shell just perforated the target, the bursting charge did the damage behind the armor, like a hand grenade dropped down the open hatch. The overpressure of just two-ounces of TNT inside a reflective steel box is effectively doubled, and *THIS* would absolutely stun, if not render the tank crew completely incapacitated. Just 15-psi (above normal atmospheric pressure) is enough to tear the ear's tympanic membrane (our ear drum) and/or shatter the little bones in there. I would suggest that given an interior explosion, communication would be rendered impossible outside the vehicle: they can't hear the radio - no ear drums. They could possibly use sign language or some such inside the vehicle, but given around 100-psi, they would all be suffering from 'Blast Lung' and likely a severe cranial concussion. They're done for... as the voice says... *AND* they can't hear anymore (no eardrums).

Oh, well... such is make believe tank warfare, that acts like 'Mario Kart' with big guns.

Edited by OPFOR_06_Actual, May 13 2017 - 04:47.

OPFOR_06_Actual #28 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 17:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Russian 152mm HE Shell Cross Section.gif First image is a standard Russian-manufactured HE shell. Note the thick casing & the all-up weight as filled & fused. Additionally, this projectile is a 'Separate Loading' projectile: it is rammed into the forcing cone of the chamber first, and then the 'bagged propellant' charge is rammed into the chamber behind the projectile. Hence the cannon-cocker term 'Bag-Gun'. The data speaks for itself.

152mm HE Projectile Comparison.gifNext is a direct size comparison of the Russian HE shell with the US 152mm HE shell fired from the M81 series Gun/Launcher carried by the T49 & M551 Sheridan. The US projectile should have absolutely *NO KINETIC ARMOR PENETRATION* since it is fitted with a 'super-quick' point-detonation fuse, in addition to having a relatively thin steel casing. Blast is the primary damage vector vice fragmentation. A direct hit *SHOULD* clean off exterior equipment mounted on the target vehicle, and possibly transmit sufficient shock through the armor plate to create a 'spall' disk, but detonated against anything thicker than 20-to-30 millimeters isn't gonna defeat the armor plate.

Sheridan M551 'Dash-Ten' Excerpt.gifThis page is taken from the M551 Sheridan 'Dash Ten' operator's manual. Minimal information, so I inserted the data for the M657 & M409 shells. Please note that the US ammunition is a 'fixed' round. The projectile is crimped to the propellant ( which incidentally is 'caseless' ) and is loaded as a one-piece unit. Therefore, the rate of fire should be at least double that of the Russian 152mm weapon. Look at comparably weighted shells in smaller caliber tank guns, and you will get a feel for where WARGAMING should be pushing their programmers. Please be aware that the 'Length & Weight' listed is the overall cartridge length & weight and not just the projectile.

Edited by OPFOR_06_Actual, May 03 2017 - 05:43.

Heldar #29 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 18:08

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 28038 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostBogusBadger, on Feb 27 2017 - 14:20, said:

As time goes on it becomes more and more clear that arty cannot be fixed in this game.

It has always been very clear.

OPFOR_06_Actual #30 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 18:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

True.

I'd like to see the SPGs relegated to off-map status, with a new 'Forward Observer' skill added to all other available crew skills/perks.

Let 'indirect artillery fire' truly become 'indirect', vice the all-seeing satellite view.

Hydro4 #31 Posted May 01 2017 - 11:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 9013 battles
  • [TAA] TAA

People cry to much, as ive said else where...be careful crying for a nerf, you may hate the change worse than the current ability. Many of the games I have played, people cry nerf...and the game gets nerfed enough it is no longer fun to play... World of Warcraft is a prime example, AW  almost completely died, and so on....

Really, this is a game, and not realistic war.... REAL war is HELL and majority of the people who play WoT couldn't handle it, I am a 6yr war vet, 98 - 04, USAF transfered USN after closure of Chanutte, E5 [NOS] B320. Currently disabled and Having issue sleeping....

A more "realistic" approach would simply make ANY game NO fun at all...  except for maybe the select few.

Having said that,

I played arty pre-nerf and one shot-ting tanks is something I did in about 1 in every 50 to 100 battles, and, I am a decent arty player.

I have read about the stun mechanic, but have yet to try my arty, mainly because of the lack of ability to platoon with friends...

If they are going to keep arty from platooning with friends because they say arty only supports friends (which is false, I shoot at what I can hit due to majority of the maps being anti - arty friendly...buildings, cities, boulders, long steep hill sides etc), then they should remove platooning all together (i really hope not, but this is a point being made).... 3 lights in a platoon run around and kill things together, leaving an entire side (sometimes 2 sides) completely without scouts....  SAME concept.

People cry nerf.... yea, Td's are on the chopping block, lights took a small hit already, arty is jacked up, next people will cry about how fast mediums are, and how platoons can circle a heavy and just kill it because the heavies turret is to slow... Which they do a lot of, and instead of supporting our teams lines, the platoons go do their own thing.... again, SAME concept.

Really... isn't enough enough? Never will 100% of the people be pleased, however, many many more will be displeased if people keep asking for and getting nerf bats handed out. The game is headed towards a no fun zone for many, and an unplayable state.

Its an mmo, were supposed to hang out and make friends and run together.... Why should everyone except Arty players have this ability?

I  have to agree with something I read earlier...

This stun mechanic may be more toxic than the very seldom, very occasional 1 shot arty might get lucky with once out of 50 to 100 battles.

I disagree with arty being the lowest hp tank in the game with virtually no way to defend itself or have a slim (with a 40 second reload) chance at end of the match games... I would rather have possible damage with a direct hit (even though the guns were not accurate) than a stun... with a reload timer that still means im dead without a chance in hell if my team fails and allows scouts ( to many people are referring to light tanks, however, lights and scouts are 2 different types of tanks) come through and kill arty at the matches start....

People cry about the idea arty could possibly one shot them and remove them from the match early on...."this mechanic is no fun for the players" ... however, this SAME issue is one arty has had to deal with from the start.... low hp, little defense, and you had to get lucky with a snap shot.... but, more times than not... arty just dies with a one shot. So, to that, I repeat their very own statement " this mechanic is no fun for the players" because, after all... we may play arty, but, that still makes us "players".

Pre nerf, I had to take large amounts of time, aim and hope a target wasn't moving a lot, either get a direct hit (which meant someone either wasn't paying attention, or doesn't know how to avoid artillery) in order to get any damage, but now..... THANK YOU to ALL the people who fed their tears to WG's nerf machine! I can shoot faster and not care so much about accuracy, or tanks slightly moving, or getting that "direct hit" to be effective.

And contrary to what people were crying to WG about.... Most arty players are not bias, they will shoot at ANY available target that decides to sit in the open and not play properly... knowing the match has an arty or 2 in it, and not just platoon mates targets. I mean, were not like scouting platoons that ignore a whole team to go run off together and get kills as a platooning group while the rest of the team has to rely on heavies or td's to be ACTUAL scouts or anything.... Just saying.

I will say this though.... ALL the BS I'm reading in the forums and crying I see about the new arty mechanic.... makes me want to load up my M40/43 and give her a spin, Im about 34k from tier 9 now, and even more so now, I'm interested in seeing how fast I can hash that out. Usually I run with friends, however, with my sleep issues, I have LOTS of time to solo play arty.  Sad though, Ive had my arty line for several years now, and, even though I was able, I didn't platoon it much, only sometimes, but now, I will play it A LOT more often.

P.S. Privatizing public match stats would cut out a lot of crying about anything being nerfed, because Kermit's, Blueberries and Barney's would not have to worry about being called scrubs when they do dumb stuff and sit in the open for easy to avoid tanks like Arty.... obliterates (now stuns) them to death.

stalkervision #32 Posted May 01 2017 - 12:36

Major

• Players
  • 48243 battles

I got one shot hit very very little in the game before the nerf and I did very little to avoid arty that is how inaccurate arty was before the nerf. The mechanic was fine if not completely wonderful for arty players but I accepted it This bit about halving arty pen and putting in stun is just silly. I for one rarely if ever used a ap or heat round on enemy till the end of the game when I needed a couple for defense. I always carried just two they were so expensive and my arty so inaccurate. I say return the pen in arty and limit the number of ap and heat rounds and make stun just for direct hits. 

Maltfourti #33 Posted May 01 2017 - 17:17

Captain

• Players
  • 36584 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
Haven't done this for awhile, but I just pulled a ragequit out of the game( the non-permanent kind.) Two artys per side in the match. I got focused by the enemy, and between the stun and their new, higher speed reload, I spent over 4 minutes unable to do anything. It was like when a Bert starts hounding you, but less manageable. Getting one-shotted would have been waaay more enjoyable. Finally, I gratefully died. The stun needs to be adjusted, downward. A few more matches like that and I'll just go play Overwatch or Warships for about a month, then breifly check in to see if anythings been done.

Edited by Maltfourti, May 01 2017 - 17:19.

OPFOR_06_Actual #34 Posted May 02 2017 - 00:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Yea, all good sentiments.

Hope your sleep thing resolves soon for your sanity Hydro.

I consider myself extremely lucky: I'm one of those old 'Cold Warriors' that never got shot at in anger... to the best of my knowledge...

SEP1977 through FEB1991.

Started out as an 11B1P (Airborne Infantry E1) and managed to get accepted to Mother Rucker's Warrant Officer Flight Program.

Got shoved into the Cobra Qual course right out of flight school; finished my initial four year utilization tour & promptly got RIF'd in '86.

That gave 9-years active duty, so I figured I could do 11 more standing on my head & get my 20-year retirement.

Got injured (non-combat-related) and they medically discharged me with 40% physical disability: left ACL torn 75% through & cartilage damaged (osteo-arthritis) and shattered left wrist.

I'd rather of done my 20-years than gotten busted up, but it is what it is.

(Boo-hoo for me!!!)

Anyway, I've worked my way up to the HUMMEL & that's it. Last year was tough for my wife: she had a cancer tumor removed & got a C-Diff infection that very nearly killed her: she went from 220-ish pounds down to 160-pounds. Couldn't keep water down/in & nearly starved to death, so consequentially, I didn't play much WoT all last year, or most of this year. The continuing patches WG is inflicting on the players isn't endearing them to the community, for sure.

My professional experience is pretty much the same. The folks that control the $$$ won't give any up to the programmers to actually fix the underlying algorithms, and just keep telling them to 'fix it just enough' to make the customer stop asking uncomfortable questions. The IG needs to investigate the whole program for fraud & waste of Federal $$$, imho.

My comment in my first post on this thread that I'd consult/collaborate with WG is still for real, if they could handle having their make-believe paradigm blown away in a merciless fashion. WoT could be better, but the only physics they appear to be interested in are skid-turns & rolling us over on our backs. Might as well play a NASCAR demolition derby game. I like the historical 'what if' implications of post-WW2 German (blue print) armor dukin' it out with post-WW2 American/Brit/Rooskie/French/etc. (blue print) armor ad infinitum. Why not let us build our own tanks instead of using WG'ing's "balanced for playability" historical posers.

Just have to wait & see if anybody on staff pays attention to us non-EU types.

Chug-a-lug!

OPFOR_06_Actual #35 Posted May 03 2017 - 00:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

The Russian 152mm OF-530 HE shell vs. the US 152mm M657A2 HE-T shell with regard to actual effects on 'exposed' personnel.

152mm HE Shell Comparison.gif
Tank crew inside a buttoned up vehicle would be spared these damage results, but open topped TDs & SPGs would suffer due to the overpressure/blast wave front conforming around & over the fighting compartment's side plates.

Also... imagine WARDADDY (the recent movie "FURY" ) in his open commander's hatch/cupola: he's fully exposed to both the overpressure *AND* fragmentation, which should be effective enough to put down an exposed TC (tank commander) from several tens of meters away from the point of detonation: head injury, just like in WW2 medical studies.

Btw, this leads into my suggestions that full visibility is only possible when the TC is exposed as above, and severely reduced when buttoned up (in sniper mode, perhaps?) just like in the real world. My US Army attack helicopter tactical training stressed the use of 2.75-inch rockets to force the enemy to 'button up' specifically to reduce his visibility so we could track out I-TOW missiles for the max range shot that took 17-seconds all the way to the target 3,750-meters down range. This also forced the MANPAD gunners to drop down into their BMPs to avoid getting fragged & allowed the 'WARTHOGS' to make their gun runs in relative safety. This is called a Joint Air Attack Team (JAAT), and could also include indirect artillery fire as well.

Add in a vehicle's coaxial machine guns (while the main gun reloads), and the bow machine guns to make the enemy 'button up'. How about letting the Heavy Tanks & SPGs use their .50-cal AA-mount heavy machine guns to defend themselves against those pesky marauding light & scout tanks, hmmm? *THAT* would address some long-standing inequalities, don't you think?

I got *LOTS* of new & interesting angles for fixing broken game aspects, if WG will listen.

Oh... did I mention how 'humble' I was...? That's my overly inflated aviator's ego.

(I'm more humble than anyone I know...)

:trollface:

Edited by OPFOR_06_Actual, May 03 2017 - 06:19.

OPFOR_06_Actual #36 Posted May 06 2017 - 05:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 6824 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

A couple physics examples as a comparison regarding some basic 'War Stuff':

Given... A MK2 'Pineapple' hand grenade detonated inside an armored vehicle.
The fragments *MAY* stop when they encounter the inside of the armor plate, but given an angled surface, they will likely ricochet & continue wrecking stuff.

Basic data for MK2 hand grenade body is 21-ounces of cast iron casing.
The explosive filler is 2-ounces flaked TNT.

The basic German 75mm APCBC-HE-T has 2.92-oz pressed TNT bursting charge, with a small PETN booster.

The following image compares both based on distance from the bursting munition inside a tank crew compartment.
Fragments will kill/wound everyone for sure, and the confined overpressure should incapacitate (stun?) any survivors.

Please note that I have couched all the potential damage/injury levels based on real-world high explosives in the form of pounds per square inch (psi) 'Overpressure', meaning atmospheric pressure above & in excess to normal sea-level pressure.
Overpressure + Fragmentation Comparison.gif

I believe WG should use this format instead of their overly simplistic 'STUN' effect.
The information is open-source unclassified, but WG apparently won't spend the time/$$$ to find for themselves & use it to improve your (the players) gaming experience.

Additionally, there are officially produced technical papers & historical documentation that would indicate (to anybody with a sense of reality) that a generic high explosive artillery shell, with a nose fuse... and no tracer for the great majority of real-world projectiles... is physically very similar to a WW2-era general purpose (blast + fragmentation) bomb, and a 100-lb AN-M30 will only perforate at most 3/4-inch of homogeneous steel armor. This would be the equivalent of the Russian 152mm HE shell launched by our favorite KV-2 derp gun. Armor thickness beyond this is stated thusly: "Maximum thickness perforable without bomb break-up". This would apply nicely to HE artillery shell performance as well.

The 250-lb AN-M57 GP bomb would be analogous to the US M106 203mm HE shell, since it is also 8-inches in diameter, and it is listed as able to perforate just 1- inch (25.4mm) of homogeneous steel armor "without bomb (shell?) break-up".

References for this last paragraph are from "Effects of impact and explosion", dated 12FEB1986. The specific chart is labeled "Weapon Data, Perforation of Homogeneous Armor by Bombs", which was prepared using ballistic research information supplied by:

1. Bureau of Ordnance, U.S.N., Sketch No. 124400 revision B

2. Woolwich Bomb Report A4700, Research Dept., Woolwich, England

(Unfortunately, the gif of this chart is apparently too big to attach to my post. I've used 485.17K of my allotted 500K for global upload quota, so y'all will just either have to imagine the chart, or go data mining (like I did) and find it for yourself: it's in ADOBE PDF format, and it's open-source (read 'F-R-E-E'.)

I was also unable to attach the steenkin chart whot showed the various psi values, so here's the gouge:

5-psi = 1% chance (threshold) for eardrum rupture <This is the beginning of eardrum rupture where (perhaps) the crew can't hear the radio very well and they can only detect their own targets for maybe 6-10-seconds?>

15-psi = 50% chance for eardrum rupture <This is 'Moderate Short-Term Hearing Loss'. High-pitch tone in the ears interferes with crew communications & up to 30-seconds loss of radio situational awareness. Crew must detect it's own targets.>

35-psi = 1% (threshold) for lung damage & 80% chance for eardrum rupture <This is similar to a solid punch to the heart with a fist. First actual 'STUN' which may last from 2-6-seconds...? Loss of situational awareness & such as described above.>

45-psi = 99% chance for eardrum (tympanic membrane) rupture < This is 'Permanent Hearing Loss' for the remainder of the battle. Crew must detect it's own targets. Cannot hear the radio or other crew members. Can use hand-signals/sign-language to communicate basic info, so perks/skills that affect the whole crew are negated for the remainder of the current battle.>

50-psi = 50% chance for lung damage <This is like getting hit with a baseball bat across the sternum. Crew is dizzy & short of breath, reducing their efficiency doing their jobs for maybe 10-30-seconds due to lack of oxygen intake. 99% Eardrum rupture also in effect (as above). >

80-psi = 99% chance for lung damage < Also referred to as 'Blast Lung'. In the 'Real-World', this would completely incapacitates the crew for the remainder of the battle, but in game terms this could (perhaps?) render the crew unconscious for 30-60-seconds at most, making the display go blank (they're unconscious, remember?) until the commander regains consciousness. The surviving crew would be reduced to the equivalent of a 50% noob crew for the rest of the battle, instead of being out of the fight. Additionally, 99% Eardrum Damage described above.>

110-psi = 1% chance (threshold) for immediate death <This is the threshold of the crew's internal organs turning to mush. Crew functions as a 50% noob crew with the 99% chance eardrum *AND* 99% Lung Damage above.>

155-pai = 50% chance for immediate death <If not killed, the crew is out of the fight for... say... two minutes? If still alive, crew functions as a 50% noob crew with the 99% chance eardrum *AND* 99% Lung Damage above.>

225-psi = 99% chance for immediate death < Your crew is dead. Overpressure is a 'female dog'! >

That's my 2-cents worth on the whole 'STUN' effect.

WARGAMING - fix it or flush it!

Edited by OPFOR_06_Actual, May 07 2017 - 01:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users