Game is super slow motion in the garage

game not working

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

THE_Xo_GeT_ReKT_oX #1 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 03:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8421 battles
Yesterday I turned on the computer, and loaded Tanks... As its loading me into the garage upon start of the game, my mouse wont even move towards the battle button. Then a few seconds later, my mouse moved towards the battle button. Lag lag lag. I didn't make any changes to my computer, or the game.

I get on today, and tried to have a session, and the game loads me into garage, but my mouse still lags several seconds behind. I press escape to try to get into the settings area, and it takes several seconds for the ESC menu to even pop up, and another very long time for me to drag my mouse to the settings button just to even get into it to try to adjust any graphics (even though I didn't up my graphics).

So I just now uninstalled the game, and installed it again, thinking the game had to be bugged because everything else on my computer is working just fine, but I loaded into the garage, and mouse still lags several seconds behind.

Someone please help... this is nonsense!

Nunya_000 #2 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 20477 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTHE_Xo_GeT_ReKT_oX, on Mar 01 2017 - 18:14, said:

Yesterday I turned on the computer, and loaded Tanks... As its loading me into the garage upon start of the game, my mouse wont even move towards the battle button. Then a few seconds later, my mouse moved towards the battle button. Lag lag lag. I didn't make any changes to my computer, or the game.

I get on today, and tried to have a session, and the game loads me into garage, but my mouse still lags several seconds behind. I press escape to try to get into the settings area, and it takes several seconds for the ESC menu to even pop up, and another very long time for me to drag my mouse to the settings button just to even get into it to try to adjust any graphics (even though I didn't up my graphics).

So I just now uninstalled the game, and installed it again, thinking the game had to be bugged because everything else on my computer is working just fine, but I loaded into the garage, and mouse still lags several seconds behind.

Someone please help... this is nonsense!

Something is going on with your computer.  This normally happens when your processor is over taxed.  Check to see what programs you have running in the back ground.  Also, check your Ram and make sure it is showing the correct amount.  You might of had a Ram chip go bad.

Other possibilities is your power supply or your computer over heating.  

THE_Xo_GeT_ReKT_oX #3 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 03:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8421 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 02 2017 - 03:18, said:

Something is going on with your computer.  This normally happens when your processor is over taxed.  Check to see what programs you have running in the back ground.  Also, check your Ram and make sure it is showing the correct amount.  You might of had a Ram chip go bad.

Other possibilities is your power supply or your computer over heating.  

​I am thinking something must have gone wrong with this computer, but it just seems so unlikely since I've only had it since the end of October, installed tanks, and haven't made any changes since... I guess it would be silly for me to think that a 5 month old part like a graphics card, processor, power supply or anything else cant go wrong abruptly, even when new.

Lethalhavoc #4 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 37928 battles

That's either CPU or GPU overload.

Restart your computer.

Restart your router.

Nunya_000 #5 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 20477 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

It is possible that there is a loading glitch with the new update.  Does this happen when you first start the game?  When you return to the garage after battle?  or all the time?

If it is when you first start the game, start it and wait about 5-10 minutes for the game to load and see if it stops.

If it is after every battle, it might be part of the sync routine.  Again, you will just need to wait for everything to load.

Either of these 2, then create a support ticket if you can't see any other issue.

If it is all the time, chances are it is your computer.

THE_Xo_GeT_ReKT_oX #6 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 04:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8421 battles

ive now been told by a couple people that WOT downgraded their servers, and many people are having lag issues. any way to get WOT to confirm this? or do I need to look into getting my computer looked at, which doesn't make sense, cuz I'm typing this out with no lag, but when I go into tanks, I get a ton of lag.

Atum #7 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 04:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44105 battles
  • [H_Z] H_Z

I'm getting the exact same problem tonight, i usually have no issues. When i leave the WOT window my resources go back to normal, got to wot window(garage) and computer resources go up to 95-100%. Enter battle and its at 2-4 FPS with graphics on min. Every screen other than wot everything is normal. restarted router/computer/wot many many times

Nunya_000 #8 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 04:47

Major

• Players
  • 20477 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTHE_Xo_GeT_ReKT_oX, on Mar 01 2017 - 19:12, said:

ive now been told by a couple people that WOT downgraded their servers, and many people are having lag issues. any way to get WOT to confirm this? or do I need to look into getting my computer looked at, which doesn't make sense, cuz I'm typing this out with no lag, but when I go into tanks, I get a ton of lag.

You said you were having this issue in the garage, so I seriously doubt it is the servers....though it is possible.  However, I would think the forum would be blowing up if this was a common issue caused by server downgrades.  Besides, there is little value in downgrading servers.  I would be very skeptical of your sources.  

The only time you access the server from the garage is when you first load and do some garage maintenance.  From what you are describing, it sounds like the game is hanging while it is loading.  Assuming that your internet is good, the data for the garage is downloaded easily and the bottleneck is more often from the user's PC loading that data.  Internet browsers and normal PC operations take little CPU resources.  From what you are describing, chances are it is your computer or some buffering glitch in the new update that is causing the game load to hang.

THE_Xo_GeT_ReKT_oX #9 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 07:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8421 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 02 2017 - 04:47, said:

You said you were having this issue in the garage, so I seriously doubt it is the servers....though it is possible.  However, I would think the forum would be blowing up if this was a common issue caused by server downgrades.  Besides, there is little value in downgrading servers.  I would be very skeptical of your sources.  

The only time you access the server from the garage is when you first load and do some garage maintenance.  From what you are describing, it sounds like the game is hanging while it is loading.  Assuming that your internet is good, the data for the garage is downloaded easily and the bottleneck is more often from the user's PC loading that data.  Internet browsers and normal PC operations take little CPU resources.  From what you are describing, chances are it is your computer or some buffering glitch in the new update that is causing the game load to hang.

​well, I got a rental computer from the store that I bought my other computer at... downloading tanks right now, and we will see if the problem continues with this very much upgraded computer that they let me borrow, while they look into my computer.  this computer is a 1600 dollar one, and mine is a 700 dollar one. this is going to be nice if it works with this i7 core 6700 and GTX 980

Atum #10 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 03:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44105 battles
  • [H_Z] H_Z
Found out my issue, Nvidia graphics driver had downloaded and partially installed. When I did my restart trying to figure out what was going on for some reason the driver didn't kick in so the computer was trying to run the game with no driver activated, thus using up 100% of the computer's resources. I then did a proper restart and the driver kicked in, no issues.

Also tagged with game not working

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users