• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

mod101 #1 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 23:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17202 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Here is my current list of problems with skirmishes in strongholds:

1) When in a detachment you are unable to go back to the previous screen to see how many detachments are currently running. Many times when Queues are long we would like to go see how many detachments are running but its impossible without leaving the detachment.

2) Similarly when you click battle and are in queue essentially the whole game locks up. I would prefer the ability to go look in the tech tree, examine strong hold stuff... ect instead of having to sit around and do nothing while waiting in queue. 

3) Queue times are terrible even when there are plenty of teams in queue. Maybe its the new MM thats supposed to match teams based on PR or whatever but its really [edited]annoying to wait 3-5 minutes for a battle. Maybe this is just due to testing with few servers for stronks and hopefully the full release of improved strongholds will fix this. 

4)Airstrikes give you more boxes. This is pretty cancer and I hope most people would agree because it encourages the use of airstrikes

5)No Use of lower tiered tanks. No 53/55s No tier 7 SP1Cs or Bulldogs or 1357s. It seems like wargaming is trying to prevent people from playing their favorite tanks just like in Clan wars already

6) Althought I understand hours are limited because this is the testing phase but it would really be nice for them to post a schedule

7) NA West, enough said.

Dogsoldier6 #2 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 53780 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postmod101, on Mar 02 2017 - 23:33, said:

1) When in a detachment you are unable to go back to the previous screen to see how many detachments are currently running. Many times when Queues are long we would like to go see how many detachments are running but its impossible without leaving the detachment.

This one would be nice..............

2) Similarly when you click battle and are in queue essentially the whole game locks up. I would prefer the ability to go look in the tech tree, examine strong hold stuff... ect instead of having to sit around and do nothing while waiting in queue. 

We usually crack jokes and talk it up to kill the time, so meh................

3) Queue times are terrible even when there are plenty of teams in queue. Maybe its the new MM thats supposed to match teams based on PR or whatever but its really [edited]annoying to wait 3-5 minutes for a battle. Maybe this is just due to testing with few servers for stronks and hopefully the full release of improved strongholds will fix this. 

I think it because of the testing.

4)Airstrikes give you more boxes. This is pretty cancer and I hope most people would agree because it encourages the use of airstrikes

Yea I don't understand this one at all...............

5)No Use of lower tiered tanks. No 53/55s No tier 7 SP1Cs or Bulldogs or 1357s. It seems like wargaming is trying to prevent people from playing their favorite tanks just like in Clan wars already

I think this is actually a good thing they are doing myself, sorry.

6) Althought I understand hours are limited because this is the testing phase but it would really be nice for them to post a schedule

7) NA West, enough said.

Buttknuckle #3 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 23:48

Captain

• Players
  • 41005 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
I concur with OP that all of these issues are problems, except the west server. Queue times are the worst of it though. In Tier 6s you are often waiting longer for a game than the game will take to finish. Tier 8s you're lucky to get a game before it times out after 5 mins.

KingtigerIVIV #4 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 23:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22956 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postmod101, on Mar 02 2017 - 22:33, said:

7) NA West, enough said.

LargeDonkey will solve all of your problems.

BigDollarBillz #5 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 34757 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Yeah I have been wondering when strongholds will be available on the east again.

_Lukaz_ #6 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 03:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32348 battles
  • [HOB] HOB
thank Wargamin Battle Na West 300 ping GG

ZUVIO #7 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 02:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 22698 battles

when are the EAST SH coming back?....FFS 

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #8 Posted Mar 10 2017 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 13767 battles

Yeah have to agree..why WG has to "f" with the last good team based stuff in this game boggles my mind.

5 Minute wait time for a T6 with plenty of teams?

Sure this is a test..but the test has basically broken SH....how much more testing do they need?

PR MM is not remotely feasible with the pop in NA, and honestly getting your "stuff" pushed in by a better team is part of the game, doesn't take that long, and doesn't hurt anything other than your feels.

If some teams didn't want their HQ raided im totally fine with that dropping..but the rest is so misguided i swear the people who do these changes simply dont play the game...or else many of these "changes" would never happen as anyone whose played it could tell you that most of these changes are completely misguided and will HURT not help SH.

Mortals #9 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 04:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 29230 battles

Artillery and Airstrikes are the worst idea in the universe.  I don't understand how a rational person could consider them a good idea.dddddddd

They are NOT effective at discouraging camping.  Artillery and Airstrikes ENCOURAGE camping.

One of the most effective ways to attack is to group your tanks up in a pile and push forward.  This grouping creates an ideal target for Artillery and Airstrike.  Thus, Artillery/Airstrikes discourage the most standard type of attack.

Most defenses/camps are spread out for multiple angles of fire.  Artillery/Airstrikes do little to stop a camp when most defensive setups aren't all tanks in a single pile

wb1313 #10 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 05:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 22072 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Who thought that airstrikes in strongholds were a good idea? At least Artillery requires skill and a tanker. Airstrikes are terrible and ruin Strongholds.

Tickers_Revenge #11 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 01:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13784 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

World of Tanks sucks now that they "improved" stronghold skirmishing.

Also tagged with Strongholds, skirmishes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users