help with the 252

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Biloxxi #1 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 05:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 14560 battles

Literally i am terrible in this tank. Under 40% win rate avg damage is jsut disgusting and really have no clue what i m doing wrong in it other than everything. try to hide the monster LFP best i can, try to keep straight on at targets and move back and forth to keep them from sniping my cupolas. I try side scraping when i can, that helps some. As for the gun, no matter where i seem to aim on other heavies i get bounced, just really frustrating and really do not know where i am messing up. I dont expect to wonders or carry that since over all i am not a good player. Yet i would like to make more than 15k a game after getting killed. jsut got through a 16 game losing streak in this tank before getting my first win. i would say almost 90% of those games i have done very little to help my team.  I really want to get better in it so i have a steady cash grinder when i get my t 54, but good grief it is painful. ANy help would be most appreciated as i am at wits end on it. Of those 16 games, i was top tier once, and even then struggled badly.

thanks

KingtigerIVIV #2 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 06:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20865 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

CanOfTomatoes #3 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 06:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 16422 battles
Not sure what your doing I am a below average player...recent win% for last month or so around 50% but nothing anyone would say is good and I run 60% in that tank.

Biloxxi #4 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 18:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 14560 battles

View PostKingtigerIVIV, on Mar 04 2017 - 06:20, said:

Thank you sir for the step by step. From what i seen from your pics, i am technically doing what i am supposed to be doing. It seems however that there is also a lot more wrong that i am doing. I i think my biggest mistake (i took a long break from WOT) is being caught out of position, crew is not 100% so no skills yet, not knowing where to go on maps and well basically how to handle this tank. The gun fails me a lot when i do get ready to shoot, while enemy seems to pen me no matter what. I had a wonderful first few games in this tank then since then i win 1 our of 10 games. some games im not even gettting damage becasue i am in tier 10 games, slow and caught out of pos. and dead. Or even RNG bashes me lol. I guess i will keep trying, or go and get an IS 6  and try that tank.  thanks again

KingtigerIVIV #5 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 00:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20865 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostBiloxxi, on Mar 04 2017 - 17:17, said:

Thank you sir for the step by step. From what i seen from your pics, i am technically doing what i am supposed to be doing. It seems however that there is also a lot more wrong that i am doing. I i think my biggest mistake (i took a long break from WOT) is being caught out of position, crew is not 100% so no skills yet, not knowing where to go on maps and well basically how to handle this tank. The gun fails me a lot when i do get ready to shoot, while enemy seems to pen me no matter what. I had a wonderful first few games in this tank then since then i win 1 our of 10 games. some games im not even gettting damage becasue i am in tier 10 games, slow and caught out of pos. and dead. Or even RNG bashes me lol. I guess i will keep trying, or go and get an IS 6  and try that tank.  thanks again

This tank does not have high dpm but it has high alpha.  As such,. you need to make every shot count when you can afford to take the time to aim.

But good luck.  I have had a bad streak of losses too, so things happen.

oldewolfe #6 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8101 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

One thing that I also discovered, despite the OP Claims, this is still a Tier 8 Tank nothing more, nothing less....      And as such, most Seasoned Players have a good idea of Where to shoot, regardless of the Target Tank....       So when you get into a Tier 10 Game, consider yourself an Upgunned Medium and don't go with the Big Dogs...     Yes it will take and put a Big Dog down, but you are not going to do it In his Face.....      The Armor will help some, the Alpha a tad more, but that's all that truely Seperates it from an IS3 and the same mistakes in that will get you Dead here too, and you don't have the RoF for a Do Over......

Playing this Tank has actually helped my Game somewhat, at least so far as my other Soviet Heavies are concerned so far....     But in general I think it can help with most of my others as well as most of it translates nicely, though my Scouting Skills are going to require something more than this Tank can provide....     Most Damage in a Game, Most Damage Bounced, all going Up....    Even my IS2B and my IS3 have gotten Better results despite them starting rather Less than Stellar, it all just required a Change in Play....

Even have my First Radley's now because of this Tank in less than 65 Battles.....     And after 2 yrs away from the Game almost, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get Caught Up to at least where I was.....

White_Runner #7 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16599 battles
  • [FMM] FMM

View Postoldewolfe, on Mar 20 2017 - 00:20, said:

One thing that I also discovered, despite the OP Claims, this is still a Tier 8 Tank nothing more, nothing less....      And as such, most Seasoned Players have a good idea of Where to shoot, regardless of the Target Tank....       So when you get into a Tier 10 Game, consider yourself an Upgunned Medium and don't go with the Big Dogs...     Yes it will take and put a Big Dog down, but you are not going to do it In his Face.....      The Armor will help some, the Alpha a tad more, but that's all that truely Seperates it from an IS3 and the same mistakes in that will get you Dead here too, and you don't have the RoF for a Do Over......

Playing this Tank has actually helped my Game somewhat, at least so far as my other Soviet Heavies are concerned so far....     But in general I think it can help with most of my others as well as most of it translates nicely, though my Scouting Skills are going to require something more than this Tank can provide....     Most Damage in a Game, Most Damage Bounced, all going Up....    Even my IS2B and my IS3 have gotten Better results despite them starting rather Less than Stellar, it all just required a Change in Play....

Even have my First Radley's now because of this Tank in less than 65 Battles.....     And after 2 yrs away from the Game almost, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get Caught Up to at least where I was.....

NO, JUST STOP.
JUST SHUT UP!
IT HAS A TIER 9 GUN, ITS WEAKSPOT HAS THE EFFECTIVE ARMOR OF THE IS3 UPPER PLATE
LIKE... NO!!!

Gothraul #8 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1223 battles
Must be either bad luck or you are doing something seriously wrong as it is a ridiculous over performing tank for the tier and so much so that it would pass as a tier 9 without any armor or mobility changes.

oldewolfe #9 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 18:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8101 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

And it get's Holes Punched thru it Regularly if it's not in a Tier 8 Match dealing with Tier 7's and Under....      Go into Tier 9 and 10 Matches it's just a Tank, nevermind the Insane amount of Premium Ammo I see getting thrown around lately...

All I'm saying is to the guys that know what to do, they're doing it and it's just another Tank....      To the guys who haven't a Clue, or are in Over thier Heads, it may well be the Monster everyone makes it out to be....       But it still has Trouble once it goes above it's Tier like any other Tank....        My Observation, as many have said before, your Mileage may Vary....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users