I'm done.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

TheBattleMaster8 #1 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 13:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

Before we start, this is not a troll thread, and no my recent wn8 is not red. For a while there, however, it was orange, then yellow. I've taken many breaks because I've been frustrated, and after coming back from my most recent break, I decided it was time I understand the game more and try and get better. I'm no longer a detriment. But after I started to understand the game more, I started to dislike the game more.

This entire day, I've been seeing, match after match, our top tier heavies are camping in a bush/hiding behind lower tier/lower armored tanks, or dieing in the first minute of battle, there's very little in-between. The gameplay of higher wn8 players is my biggest problem with this game. It can almost be defined by "hiding behind lower tiers, or weaker tanks." It's terrible. I don't know if this is just the na server, but this game seems to have turned into a full blown "run away or hide" simulator. I saw an is3 in a game earlier today that sat behind a building for an entire 3 minutes, I watched the clock, until the enemy heavy turned his turret to look at someone else. It was only then that he came out from behind cover and shot at the enemy heavy, and guess what, it tracked him. A 3 minute wind-up for a 0 dmg shot. The only reason this is3 was able to wait until the enemy heavy looked away, was because during this 3 minutes that he sat behind a building, our team destroyed their team and flanked behind the enemy heavy. I knew exactly what I'd see when I opened up his service record, and sure enough, it was a pr of 6700. 3 minutes he sat there as a top tier heavy to ensure that he didn't nick his new paint on his god-damned heavy tank.

This game has turned into a camp fest at the higher tiers. It's untreatable, it's a cancer. This isn't the only problem either. This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot. I've been playing this game for 5 years. I absolutely loved this game. When life stressed me out, I sat down for a round of World of Tanks. The concept is still so amazing. The core gameplay is still so amazing. But there's too much in this game that isn't that amazing, and I cannot ignore it any longer. I've been playing a lot of Overwatch lately. I've recently picked up Rainbow Six Siege as well. These are good games, they're completely void of any p2w aspects. They aren't perfectly balanced, what game is? However, the devs frequently take note of what isn't balanced and take the steps to fix it.

I'm a master on Overwatch. If you don't know what that is, it's the second highest tier of 7 different tiers in ranked competitive play. These games take talent. There's no rng in these games. The numbers are whole, and the numbers are consistent. If you make a mistake in these games, you made a mistake. You didn't get a low roll, and you didn't get randomly one-shot by something that wouldn't one-shot you most other times. I'm not just another tomato that's blaming everyone else for why I'm leaving. I was very attached to this game. I'm gonna hate to see it go, but I just can't bring myself to stay either. Best of luck to all of you tankers who stay, and I truly do hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys, and for this game. 

Nudnick #2 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 13:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18379 battles
Can I have your stuff ?

Viper69 #3 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 13:30

Major

• Players
  • 7049 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
See you in a few months.

Black_Paw #4 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 13:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30929 battles

Viper69 #5 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 7049 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
On a related note I too had to take a break a while ago. Now I only really play when I am bored and really only a few games at a time. I find that moderation in this game is where I am comfortable.

Gbert #6 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 13:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 29818 battles
  • [ARON] ARON

Sell all your tanks (including prems), dismiss all your crews, sell all equipment (sell everything in your armoury)...then you have quit. Before you do all these things, you are just taking a break.

Actually this would leave you with a lot of credits....too easy to come back. Therefore let me add that as a last step "spend all credits on extra grousers"

littleleopard12 #7 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 14:19

Captain

• Players
  • 8748 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 06:24, said:

This entire day, I've been seeing, match after match, our top tier heavies are camping in a bush/hiding behind lower tier/lower armored tanks, or dieing in the first minute of battle, there's very little in-between. The gameplay of higher wn8 players is my biggest problem with this game. It can almost be defined by "hiding behind lower tiers, or weaker tanks." It's terrible.

I'm like that, If I'm on a city map like Ensk or Pilsen then I'm super aggressive in my heavies, but if I'm on an open map like Malinovka or  Prokhorovka why would I go to the front line? I would be a slow moving target and the only one spotted because TD's and Meds are camping and half the lights passive scouting which means artys shells will be sending you back to your garage very quickly of course that's after the miss you but take half your hit points and kill your commander, driver and damage your ammo rack 

bredy_ #8 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 14:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 58 battles

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 13:24, said:

Best of luck to all of you tankers who stay, and I truly do hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys, and for this game. 

I deleted all those huge paragraphs full of your crying and left only the essence of your post.

Not everyone is failing at this game, therefore:

We don't need to "hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel", we enjoy the game for exactly what it is... right here, right now, we are not in a tunnel.

Edited by bredy_, Mar 05 2017 - 14:45.

VooDooKobra #9 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 14:45

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

"This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot."  great line pretty much says this is the way I see it and you are an idiot if you disagree with me. 

sorry I guess I am an idiot for not agreeing with you that the game is pay to win

Sgt_Major_Hacks #10 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 14:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 15128 battles

Block Quote

I'm no longer a detriment.

If you exclude your arty play, your damage ratio is well below 1.1 total. If you aren't doing +1.1 damage to the red guys per game you are a detriment. I can only find a handful of TD were you have a +1.1 damage ratio. Your recent play seems to be improving so why give up now? 

Block Quote

The gameplay of higher wn8 players is my biggest problem with this game.

I hope this is a joke or you're referencing those select unicums who WN8 farm? I watch higher rated players in game, on YouTube, Twitch streams etc to learn. It helps a lot. Check out Zeven on YouTube, he's a good teacher. 

Block Quote

This game has turned into a camp fest at the higher tiers. It's untreatable, it's a cancer. This isn't the only problem either. This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot.

Stop playing so much arty. Game is not P2W. Recently released premiums are better than past versions, but they are not OP. 

Block Quote

I'm a master on Overwatch. If you don't know what that is, it's the second highest tier of 7 different tiers in ranked competitive play. These games take talent. There's no rng in these games. 

So unicums have no talent? RNG affects everyone equally, there is no disadvantage for you. 

Balaise #11 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41764 battles
  • [BRQC] BRQC

Too much RNG and Pay-to-win?

Really?

Then I would like to thank RNGesus for granting me this 58% winrate. Not only for those "pay-to-win" tanks like my Patriot but over lots and lots of my tanks.

Thank you RNGesus for answering my prayers when I'm trying hard to have an impact on the game and carry the match.

Thank you for granting me your M60. 

Agentt_Orange #12 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20521 battles
  • [F_B_P] F_B_P
Well.. the latest news is the devs are supposed to be changing some of the issues mentioned.  I believe players are getting bored of the same ole maps and the ongoing broken MM (once in a while you get a great match and wonder if you are dreaming)-- with the 2-1, outnumbering of heavies or mediums.  OR you get 3 heavies to counter their 3 heavies but your heavies are 2 tiers below theirs!! :sceptic:  Take a break and wait until the "fix" comes.  If you can't do that, do like the above poster said... Sell all your tanks, consumables, modules, etc, then you can say you quit.

LpBronco #13 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35362 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

I've been here since Alpha and the one thing about this game is I've never been able to completely walk away. Wargaming has devised a game so enthralling that no matter the flaws and foibles, I am still compelled to queue a tank and hit the battle button. I took a year and a half away after 8.6 as the changes and arrogance of the changes WG made decimated the ranks of my clan and the players I knew. I've come to regard the power creep in this game as an asset rather than a burden and my interest is renewed with the changes. I repurchased the T-95 after dousing it with aviation fuel and lighting a match and don't think I've lost a game (Ok VERY small sample size LOL)

When we were all new at once and learning the game together there did seem to be more skill parity and teamwork. Now with players of every stripe and a huge swing in experience (and we all know that the basic game can take 5-10k games just to reach journeyman status) the team dynamics take a hit as not everyone has the same situational awareness, vehicle class and role understanding, and map knowledge.

This is why we need more end game content like the new ranked battles that are planned so there are more opportunities to play the more team focused aspects and modes. When the public game gets you down, it's not time to strike the tents and move on but throw your lots in and join the Strongholds or Team battles and make a new set of friends.

Random__Task #14 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:19

Captain

• Players
  • 17293 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 12:24, said:

Before we start, this is not a troll thread, and no my recent wn8 is not red. For a while there, however, it was orange, then yellow. I've taken many breaks because I've been frustrated, and after coming back from my most recent break, I decided it was time I understand the game more and try and get better. I'm no longer a detriment. But after I started to understand the game more, I started to dislike the game more.

This entire day, I've been seeing, match after match, our top tier heavies are camping in a bush/hiding behind lower tier/lower armored tanks, or dieing in the first minute of battle, there's very little in-between. The gameplay of higher wn8 players is my biggest problem with this game. It can almost be defined by "hiding behind lower tiers, or weaker tanks." It's terrible. I don't know if this is just the na server, but this game seems to have turned into a full blown "run away or hide" simulator. I saw an is3 in a game earlier today that sat behind a building for an entire 3 minutes, I watched the clock, until the enemy heavy turned his turret to look at someone else. It was only then that he came out from behind cover and shot at the enemy heavy, and guess what, it tracked him. A 3 minute wind-up for a 0 dmg shot. The only reason this is3 was able to wait until the enemy heavy looked away, was because during this 3 minutes that he sat behind a building, our team destroyed their team and flanked behind the enemy heavy. I knew exactly what I'd see when I opened up his service record, and sure enough, it was a pr of 6700. 3 minutes he sat there as a top tier heavy to ensure that he didn't nick his new paint on his god-damned heavy tank.

This game has turned into a camp fest at the higher tiers. It's untreatable, it's a cancer. This isn't the only problem either. This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot. I've been playing this game for 5 years. I absolutely loved this game. When life stressed me out, I sat down for a round of World of Tanks. The concept is still so amazing. The core gameplay is still so amazing. But there's too much in this game that isn't that amazing, and I cannot ignore it any longer. I've been playing a lot of Overwatch lately. I've recently picked up Rainbow Six Siege as well. These are good games, they're completely void of any p2w aspects. They aren't perfectly balanced, what game is? However, the devs frequently take note of what isn't balanced and take the steps to fix it.

I'm a master on Overwatch. If you don't know what that is, it's the second highest tier of 7 different tiers in ranked competitive play. These games take talent. There's no rng in these games. The numbers are whole, and the numbers are consistent. If you make a mistake in these games, you made a mistake. You didn't get a low roll, and you didn't get randomly one-shot by something that wouldn't one-shot you most other times. I'm not just another tomato that's blaming everyone else for why I'm leaving. I was very attached to this game. I'm gonna hate to see it go, but I just can't bring myself to stay either. Best of luck to all of you tankers who stay, and I truly do hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys, and for this game. 

So you have a problem with players who actually know how to win, because you aren't one.  No actual good players do what you described, as it would be counter-productive if you're trying to win.

Sturm_Teufel #15 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 39219 battles
Play lower and mid tiers. Don't sweat the big stuff.

BattlecryGWJ #16 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:27

Major

• Players
  • 32472 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 06:24, said:

I'm a master on Overwatch.

There's your problem, you're good with FPS and you expect WoT to be a shooter because it looks like one, but the skills to do well in WoT more closely align with strategy games than shooters.

MountainLion1 #17 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16317 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
I hate to see you go, many have left before you. Others will leave in the near future because of various reasons and I hope you find a game that you like.

Rake #18 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 46826 battles

Did he really just claim that a video game takes talent?  That's the mindset that makes these games ridiculous and this player base full of asses.

b00merBoy #19 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 15:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25331 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-

__WARDADDY_ #20 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 16:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 29982 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 05:24, said:

See ya later...You be back after a while!Smile_blinky.gif

Please on your way out fill out the attached form it might help you on getting a grip on your butt hurt...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users