I'm done.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

UTurnTerminator #41 Posted Yesterday, 06:59 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4574 battles

I guess I look at the game this way. When I play, do I enjoy it? What is my criteria for enjoying it.

One look at my stats, and I'm sure you'll all find that I suck really, really bad, so I don't play this game to fluff my ego or make a big splash with highlight-reel gameplay. On that same note, WOT is a terribly broken, flawed, overall messed up game- I don't think anyone will ever say that it's perfect.

I play WOT because this is one of the best and most varied tank combat simulators ever devised, and it's just fun to get out there and wreck folks. I'm not sure at what point exactly people pinned whether they were having fun or not to a percentage point, but if others not playing well disallows you to have fun, than please, for your own sake, play a different game. If you're not having fun, than there isn't much point to it at all.

I do hope that you can reframe your point of view on this- take some time off, the game will be here if/when you decide to come back, and in all likelihood it will be a whole new experience with new things broken within it to explore. Perhaps it can be fun again for you too. 

Take care, and good luck. ;)

TheBattleMaster8 #42 Posted Today, 02:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View Postscharnhorst310, on Mar 20 2017 - 04:01, said:

Ok since you obviously know more about this game than me; explain to me how high wn8 players, with high winrates play so poorly, yet manage to win? Isn't being a detriment to mean that they reduce their teams chances of winning? 

What is more likely, you are not a very good player, and thus have trouble recognizing how to play effectively and consistently. Or these high wn8 players are some how stupid people are playing dumb... yet magically doing lots of damage and helping their team win...

I've trained hundreds of players... you don't know what you don't know. It really is as simple as that. The crap i can do looks like voodoo witchcraft the first time someone plays with me who isn't very good. Over time, and i mean TIME, it slowly but surely begins to make sense. It stops looking so magical, or illogical. I can't tell you how many times players of your caliber and lower tell me how dumb I am, doing this or that... but yet i dish out damage, I demolish tanks, and i carry teams to wins. 

I never said high wn8 players are detriments, and I never meant to say that they aren't winning the majority of the games and/or not doing most of the damage. I'm trying to say I absolutely can't stand HOW most of them do it. When I watch quickybaby, he is actively on the front line, not necessarily assisting team mates non-stop, but he's there. However, when I join random games, I'd say 8/10 of the, let's say blue, or higher wn8 players are not on the front line, and absolutely not assisting team-mates. Instead they are camping, and using team-mates as bait for either spotting, or to draw fire away from them. Don't get me wrong, I know that both of those have their uses, and obviously do garner wins. But wins CAN and HAVE been made by players with a little more morals than most of you. And the biggest point I was trying to make, camping and using friendlies as bait takes a very small amount of actual measurable skill. But since wn8 is commonly regarded as a measure of one's skills, many players are succumbing to the camping, hiding, running tactics that facilities wn8 gains. All of this was, more or less, summarized when I said this game is now a camp fest.

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:30, said:

what I took exception too was the fact that the OP made the statement this is the way I see it and you are not allowed to disagree with me because only stupid people disagree with me

Well that is exactly what I was saying. You are an idiot if you don't think this game is p2w. The fact that this game is p2w could not possibly be made any more apparent. 

scharnhorst310 #43 Posted Today, 09:35 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 23 2017 - 05:58, said:

I never said high wn8 players are detriments, and I never meant to say that they aren't winning the majority of the games and/or not doing most of the damage. I'm trying to say I absolutely can't stand HOW most of them do it. When I watch quickybaby, he is actively on the front line, not necessarily assisting team mates non-stop, but he's there. However, when I join random games, I'd say 8/10 of the, let's say blue, or higher wn8 players are not on the front line, and absolutely not assisting team-mates. Instead they are camping, and using team-mates as bait for either spotting, or to draw fire away from them. Don't get me wrong, I know that both of those have their uses, and obviously do garner wins. But wins CAN and HAVE been made by players with a little more morals than most of you. And the biggest point I was trying to make, camping and using friendlies as bait takes a very small amount of actual measurable skill. But since wn8 is commonly regarded as a measure of one's skills, many players are succumbing to the camping, hiding, running tactics that facilities wn8 gains. All of this was, more or less, summarized when I said this game is now a camp fest.

Well that is exactly what I was saying. You are an idiot if you don't think this game is p2w. The fact that this game is p2w could not possibly be made any more apparent. 

I think you are missing the point i'm trying to make. You play to win the game. If not being on the front lines increases my team's chance of winning, then for that moment in the game i'm not. But roles change frequently in matches. Making blanket statements like 'durr they have to be on the frontlines to really contribute' only illuminates what caliber of player you are. See once you get good, you stop pigeonholing roles; aka "i'm a sniper, i'm in a sniping tank, snipers sit and snipe from the back". Instead you play to whatever role the team needs at the moment. That is why you will find me sniping in a TD, or brawling in a city with the heavies in a TD... Or I take mediums in brawling lanes, etc. I can do just about anything with any kind of tank depending on the situation, and you have to if you want to win.

What could be a better teammate than one that helps ensure the team you are on wins? I ask that because people around your ability often question what I do, or how I play, yell that I don't save them, or i abandon an area... but it is a calculated decision where I had to weigh my options and decide on one which i felt would increase the odds of winning. Remember, i'm not a dumb pubbie, I have to value myself higher than you... as bad as that sounds, it is the truth. My taking more damage or risking my life to save yours can sometimes be useful, but more often than not, you won't go on to be a rockstar and carry the game; but i might. 

Saying all that though; i know, and good players know that a dead teammate doesn't have a lot of value, so I work very hard to keep people alive. Often they are oblivious to what i'm doing for them, but I am trying... keeping guns in the game is important. As mentioned earlier, i'm about WINNING, and 15v1 isn't going to bring me a lot of wins. You simply aren't good enough yet to recognize all these types of decisions players like me have to make. 

Edited by scharnhorst310, Today, 09:49 PM.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #44 Posted Today, 10:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2880 battles

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 07:24, said:

The only reason this is3 was able to wait until the enemy heavy looked away, was because during this 3 minutes that he sat behind a building, our team destroyed their team and flanked behind the enemy heavy. I knew exactly what I'd see when I opened up his service record, and sure enough, it was a pr of 6700. 3 minutes he sat there as a top tier heavy to ensure that he didn't nick his new paint on his god-damned heavy tank.

This game has turned into a camp fest at the higher tiers. It's untreatable, it's a cancer.

Hey OP, I feel your pain. Quick question for you regarding that highlighted part of your post:

Are you aware of that XVM mod..? and that ridiculous % chance-to-win indicator that's ruining the game..?

If not, I suggest you look it up. I strongly suspect that this IS-3 player was running XVM, and it showed only a "20% chance to win", or such. That's why he was probably playing so conservatively cowardly. I had an E-25 teammate deliberately drown himself immediately after the countdown just the other day. I don't even run XVM, but I know he did it on purpose, and I know why. He was also our top tier tank. Regardless of the suggested "chance to win", he didn't even try. And yes I did report him. What a coward.

So, you want to know the real 'cancer' here in this game..?

It's XVM, and that %chance to win indicator. It needs to be surgically removed from the game. It's killing the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users