I'm done.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

mumblecorefilms #21 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 17:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33718 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
i understand why, lets face it, wot is a lost game. its turned into a boring predictable outcome. have you noticed all the guys drowning now right at the start of the game. they have become frustrated. i hardly play now, because the maps are so incredibly boring and unimaginative. a wheat field in Kansas is more interesting. 12 heavies against 3 isn't cutting it, and how does wot tanks respond in their video.. they all laughed as if oh well, who cares... certainly not wot... obvious in the video... game after game after game constant low tier games, outmatched by lopsided heavies.. again, wot does, nothing.. oh wait, they do something, give us more prems to buy, sad part is, wot powers to be do nothing , they blindly stick the carrot on the donkey and plod forward. no wonder the memberships have been dropping over the last few years. n.a. server has what, 22k players on at best... thats a disaster... anyways, i have no expectations of wot doing anything except making up fake tanks as prems to sell and the heck with the rest of the game.. who cares... they dont..

Ironclad73 #22 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 17:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 15792 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

OP, as many have said here, many of us are still enjoying the game and having fun and WOT is still trying to improve the game.

Read this it may help with some of your whine frustration points.

http://worldoftanks....-news/gdc-2017/

Edited by Ironclad73, Mar 05 2017 - 17:45.

VooDooKobra #23 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 22:17

Captain

• Players
  • 6298 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Postmumblecorefilms, on Mar 05 2017 - 09:31, said:

i understand why, lets face it, wot is a lost game. its turned into a boring predictable outcome. have you noticed all the guys drowning now right at the start of the game. they have become frustrated. i hardly play now, because the maps are so incredibly boring and unimaginative. a wheat field in Kansas is more interesting. 12 heavies against 3 isn't cutting it, and how does wot tanks respond in their video.. they all laughed as if oh well, who cares... certainly not wot... obvious in the video... game after game after game constant low tier games, outmatched by lopsided heavies.. again, wot does, nothing.. oh wait, they do something, give us more prems to buy, sad part is, wot powers to be do nothing , they blindly stick the carrot on the donkey and plod forward. no wonder the memberships have been dropping over the last few years. n.a. server has what, 22k players on at best... thats a disaster... anyways, i have no expectations of wot doing anything except making up fake tanks as prems to sell and the heck with the rest of the game.. who cares... they dont..

did we watch the same video?  I didn't get the sense they were who cares laghing as they detailed their plan to fix the unbalanced MM.  yep, they really don't care...nope, even though they did show more detail on a fixed MM than they ever have in the past.

of course they couldn't have just been laughing because meathead was being his usual self could it?  nah its the we don't care thing

K_Factor #24 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 01:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12871 battles

Standard [edited]responses to the original post. As for me. I'm a newbie, only been playing for about a year. I too am taking a break. Could be for awhile or forever. There are so many other cool games out there I might completely forget about this one very quickly. Today I logged on and fought in 18 battles, I was on the losing side for 17 of those 18 games. I have spent close to $500.00 on this game in the last year. Certainly not as much as some have over time. The experience I had today was pretty much like the experience I have every time I play this game. [edited]tell me, oh it's just bad luck, but that's hog [edited]. What I get out of this game is a loud and clear message. WoT doesn't value me or my money. They could care less if new players have rotten experiences in their game. So I'm off to a game which rewards it's players instead of punishing them. The developers are taking money and delivering crapin return. I expect the game to linger on a few more years, but in the end The developers (We all know who you are) are [edited]ting on people and we remember. In the end,  everyone is mortal and subject to death, I believe those who are lining their pockets with profits from this game will come to realize that God is real, Jesus had children and their descendants are still in the world, That they pay attention to everything, and  that it's too late too take another path. Good luck to the developers; Their going to need that and more.

PS: None of us care what you believe. Not our job to care, just to observe and take notes. If you don't strive to make this earth that belongs to God better, Then he has no need for you. If you cant do what's right here. The best you can hope for in heaven is scrubbing the floors with a hand brush, You'll be in heaven, forever, on your knees. He certainly wont give you another life.

VooDooKobra #25 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 05:38

Captain

• Players
  • 6298 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Post549th_CLAMS_Eat_Me, on Mar 05 2017 - 17:25, said:

Standard [edited]responses to the original post. As for me. I'm a newbie, only been playing for about a year. I too am taking a break. Could be for awhile or forever. There are so many other cool games out there I might completely forget about this one very quickly. Today I logged on and fought in 18 battles, I was on the losing side for 17 of those 18 games. I have spent close to $500.00 on this game in the last year. Certainly not as much as some have over time. The experience I had today was pretty much like the experience I have every time I play this game. [edited]tell me, oh it's just bad luck, but that's hog [edited]. What I get out of this game is a loud and clear message. WoT doesn't value me or my money. They could care less if new players have rotten experiences in their game. So I'm off to a game which rewards it's players instead of punishing them. The developers are taking money and delivering crapin return. I expect the game to linger on a few more years, but in the end The developers (We all know who you are) are [edited]ting on people and we remember. In the end,  everyone is mortal and subject to death, I believe those who are lining their pockets with profits from this game will come to realize that God is real, Jesus had children and their descendants are still in the world, That they pay attention to everything, and  that it's too late too take another path. Good luck to the developers; Their going to need that and more.

PS: None of us care what you believe. Not our job to care, just to observe and take notes. If you don't strive to make this earth that belongs to God better, Then he has no need for you. If you cant do what's right here. The best you can hope for in heaven is scrubbing the floors with a hand brush, You'll be in heaven, forever, on your knees. He certainly wont give you another life.

​if you are unhappy with how things are going put the game on the back burner and maybe check back after the MM patch and see if it still not to your liking,   tell me though what could they do different to show they value your $$$, they are fixing MM, redoing light tanks...now if we can get a couple more unique maps I would be happy

DoNutDestroyer #26 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 06:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12964 battles
  • [TRED] TRED

View PostMountainLion1, on Mar 05 2017 - 15:31, said:

I hate to see you go, many have left before you. Others will leave in the near future because of various reasons and I hope you find a game that you like.

That was actually a very adult, rational, courteous response.  Too bad there aren't more like that.

Springfield_Fats #27 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 11:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9698 battles

Naturally idiots post here "haha bye give me your things see you soon!" Epic zingers everyone!

Now for the less moronic people reading, this guy and everyone who post "I'm leaving" threads are a more noticable effect of a rather worrying disaster. The general population is waning in favor of new people and competitive players who line Wargaming's pockets. No matter what the brainwashed doofuses think, this game is nosediving hard.

Wargaming needs to stop pretending they have any interest in fixing their game and actually do something. Mid last year there was a FB post on fixing the matchmaker, then it was officially announced in December, then in a recent stream they say it's coming. Where the hell is it? Why are we getting pathetic money grab black skins when there are far more widespread and serious concerns?

Jesus christ it's like they dont have the faintest idea that some things NEED doing before others. When problems such as the matchmaking and imbalances are so widely reported not just here but on many forums, and instead you just put it off as "Yeah it will be here whenever!" you need to stop and rethink your strategy.

I dont want this game to go down even further. I used to love it when I started playing it, but it's not even a shadow of what it was. it's absolutely awful, and this forum is a large part of why it is like it is.

VooDooKobra #28 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 14:49

Captain

• Players
  • 6298 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostSpringfield_Fats, on Mar 06 2017 - 03:15, said:

Naturally idiots post here "haha bye give me your things see you soon!" Epic zingers everyone!

Now for the less moronic people reading, this guy and everyone who post "I'm leaving" threads are a more noticable effect of a rather worrying disaster. The general population is waning in favor of new people and competitive players who line Wargaming's pockets. No matter what the brainwashed doofuses think, this game is nosediving hard.

Wargaming needs to stop pretending they have any interest in fixing their game and actually do something. Mid last year there was a FB post on fixing the matchmaker, then it was officially announced in December, then in a recent stream they say it's coming. Where the hell is it? Why are we getting pathetic money grab black skins when there are far more widespread and serious concerns?

Jesus christ it's like they dont have the faintest idea that some things NEED doing before others. When problems such as the matchmaking and imbalances are so widely reported not just here but on many forums, and instead you just put it off as "Yeah it will be here whenever!" you need to stop and rethink your strategy.

I dont want this game to go down even further. I used to love it when I started playing it, but it's not even a shadow of what it was. it's absolutely awful, and this forum is a large part of why it is like it is.

​I remember that facebook post, it was vague and had no real info on what they were planning.  if you look at the news page and watched the video it looks like they now have a very detailed plan on what they wish to do with MM.  they even say next major patch.  sometimes I wonder how many bypass that page to come directly to forums when there is some very good reading and some informative videos there.  while I would like an exact date, they even say they want the new MM and the light tanks out at the same time.   by your post I am assuming you did not watch the FB forum?

as for it being announced in December wasn't it just a things we wish to accomplish in 2017?

GRINCH7777 #29 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 06:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40819 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH
....the top of the list of what is wrong with this game is MM......games where you are outnumbered 7-2 etc in heavies happen all too often and the number of heavies counts big time....number 2 is the refusal of WG to do anything to eliminate aimbot/warpacks users.

VooDooKobra #30 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 06:16

Captain

• Players
  • 6298 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostGRINCH7777, on Mar 06 2017 - 22:10, said:

....the top of the list of what is wrong with this game is MM......games where you are outnumbered 7-2 etc in heavies happen all too often and the number of heavies counts big time....number 2 is the refusal of WG to do anything to eliminate aimbot/warpacks users.

you know people were banned recently right?

PUNISHER989 #31 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 06:19

Major

• Players
  • 26010 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

I give it a year at most.

and if you have no GF, then I say three months. 

TheBattleMaster8 #32 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 11:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 05 2017 - 14:45, said:

"This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot."  great line pretty much says this is the way I see it and you are an idiot if you disagree with me. 

sorry I guess I am an idiot for not agreeing with you that the game is pay to win

Yes.

View PostSgt_Major_Hacks, on Mar 05 2017 - 14:45, said:

If you exclude your arty play, your damage ratio is well below 1.1 total. If you aren't doing +1.1 damage to the red guys per game you are a detriment. I can only find a handful of TD were you have a +1.1 damage ratio. Your recent play seems to be improving so why give up now? 

I hope this is a joke or you're referencing those select unicums who WN8 farm? I watch higher rated players in game, on YouTube, Twitch streams etc to learn. It helps a lot. Check out Zeven on YouTube, he's a good teacher. 

Stop playing so much arty. Game is not P2W. Recently released premiums are better than past versions, but they are not OP. 

So unicums have no talent? RNG affects everyone equally, there is no disadvantage for you. 

Detriments do nothing but harm their own team, a 50% win rate means I'm at least pulling my weight. I never said I was good, but I'm certainly not a detriment.

Those "Select" unicums who wn8 farm are not select whatsoever. They're a widespread cancer. Like that IS-3. Or this guy http://wotlabs.net/na/player/bredy_ That is not a talented player. That is a seal clubber. Thanks for the advice.

I stopped playing arty when I came back. You mean to tell me the T26E5, Liberte, Obj 252 and Skorpion aren't overpowered? 

Never said either of those things, stop putting words in my mouth.

View PostSpringfield_Fats, on Mar 06 2017 - 11:15, said:

That's an extremely good point that I failed to mention in the original post. Seems like every other thread on these forums is a complaint. But you know, there's nothing wrong with this game. 

cthulhu_hunter #33 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25222 battles

View PostBlack_Paw, on Mar 05 2017 - 12:34, said:

Grow up, what are you 12?

cthulhu_hunter #34 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25222 battles

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 05 2017 - 12:24, said:

Before we start, this is not a troll thread, and no my recent wn8 is not red. For a while there, however, it was orange, then yellow. I've taken many breaks because I've been frustrated, and after coming back from my most recent break, I decided it was time I understand the game more and try and get better. I'm no longer a detriment. But after I started to understand the game more, I started to dislike the game more.

This entire day, I've been seeing, match after match, our top tier heavies are camping in a bush/hiding behind lower tier/lower armored tanks, or dieing in the first minute of battle, there's very little in-between. The gameplay of higher wn8 players is my biggest problem with this game. It can almost be defined by "hiding behind lower tiers, or weaker tanks." It's terrible. I don't know if this is just the na server, but this game seems to have turned into a full blown "run away or hide" simulator. I saw an is3 in a game earlier today that sat behind a building for an entire 3 minutes, I watched the clock, until the enemy heavy turned his turret to look at someone else. It was only then that he came out from behind cover and shot at the enemy heavy, and guess what, it tracked him. A 3 minute wind-up for a 0 dmg shot. The only reason this is3 was able to wait until the enemy heavy looked away, was because during this 3 minutes that he sat behind a building, our team destroyed their team and flanked behind the enemy heavy. I knew exactly what I'd see when I opened up his service record, and sure enough, it was a pr of 6700. 3 minutes he sat there as a top tier heavy to ensure that he didn't nick his new paint on his god-damned heavy tank.

This game has turned into a camp fest at the higher tiers. It's untreatable, it's a cancer. This isn't the only problem either. This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot. I've been playing this game for 5 years. I absolutely loved this game. When life stressed me out, I sat down for a round of World of Tanks. The concept is still so amazing. The core gameplay is still so amazing. But there's too much in this game that isn't that amazing, and I cannot ignore it any longer. I've been playing a lot of Overwatch lately. I've recently picked up Rainbow Six Siege as well. These are good games, they're completely void of any p2w aspects. They aren't perfectly balanced, what game is? However, the devs frequently take note of what isn't balanced and take the steps to fix it.

I'm a master on Overwatch. If you don't know what that is, it's the second highest tier of 7 different tiers in ranked competitive play. These games take talent. There's no rng in these games. The numbers are whole, and the numbers are consistent. If you make a mistake in these games, you made a mistake. You didn't get a low roll, and you didn't get randomly one-shot by something that wouldn't one-shot you most other times. I'm not just another tomato that's blaming everyone else for why I'm leaving. I was very attached to this game. I'm gonna hate to see it go, but I just can't bring myself to stay either. Best of luck to all of you tankers who stay, and I truly do hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys, and for this game. 

I dont blame you at all. My wn8 went from  678 to 611 in just a few months. Game is absolute trash last 6 months. Even in my Rudy with 4 crew skills my wn8 keeps going down and down. Game is full of "pro players". These are players using warpack, illegal mods and hacks, any cheats to win. I truly believe that when you see a player on an enemy team that gets most of the kills/damage so that you lose, they are a bot put there by WG to make your team lose. I play now just for laughs and humor, its all very comical. If XVM shows my team at 35% or lower for a battle, I just quick run and get killed and then cycle through my teams tanks and watch them get slaughtered and curse, its all such fun. Play the game for the humor, because thats all it is anymore.........and absolute and utter joke. Take care

Tedsc #35 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15390 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 05 2017 - 14:45, said:

"This game is undeniably turning p2w. If you can't see it, you're a [edited]idiot."  great line pretty much says this is the way I see it and you are an idiot if you disagree with me. 

sorry I guess I am an idiot for not agreeing with you that the game is pay to win

You say that but how many elite players on Youtube hit the 2 key all day long.  Now next time you die in a battle, look at the shots you took and it will surprise you how many APCR rounds you took. It is an undeniable truth that hitting 2 is easier then aiming at weak spots.

Black_Paw #36 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30017 battles

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 17 2017 - 06:54, said:

Grow up, what are you 12?

Pretty sure 12 year olds have no idea what Police Academy is. :confused:

leeuniverse #37 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 22:56

Major

• Players
  • 26903 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Ya.....  It's one thing I've been saying of late with these "Russian" War games.

They have no concept of "quality" game development.

No other game on the planet makes their "characters/tools" perform like CRAP.  They have backward thinking.

Armored Warfare had some potential when Obsidian was developing it, where most tanks performed like they should, but as Mail.Ru took over they have lost the point with their coming PTS (though they've reversed a few of those changes, though not all).

I've watched WOT year after year the tanks becoming more and more crap in how they work and perform.  Watching them nerf wonderful fun performing tanks like the Hellcat, the FV304, the T67, instead of just nerfing their DPM/Damage which is what made them "op".  Instead, they didn't touch that much, but instead made the tanks perform like crap.  Watching them nerf Arty, nerf TD's, nerf Accuracy, nerf tank speeds, over and over, etc.

The Physics a year ago entirely RUINED Light Tank play..... to where I finally left the game.  You can't drive strait etc.  Those physics also made all tanks SLOWER in the game.

They've ruined the T49, which was always a love hate relationship, but I had more love than hate.  But, I can't even like it.  I don't enjoy playing the T71 anymore either because of how it moves now due to the physics.

In Armored Warfare there are only a few tanks that don't perform how they should.....

In WOT, almost every tank performs like crap, even the good ones, and they make it worse and worse year after year.

These games don't understand that all you have to do is:

- Increase HP levels at least Double for all tanks

- Reduce HP differences between classes

- Reduced Power spread between Tiers, HP, Damage, Pen, Armor to like 5% max between tiers.

- Make all non-armored tanks faster on the Low-End (power/speed) than Armored so they can properly circle kill when taking risk getting close.

- Give all Armored tanks less frontal weakspots and sizes for most like AW's T-90MS tank, their only perfect one, while others don't have enough or have two much (some of this is changing on their .19 PTS, though they made the T-90MS worse)

- Then buff all tanks for them to perform well per their class....  AW .18 showed that all the various classes don't have to perform like crap to be different from each other still.

Anyway, if WOT did these things, and improved their UI more, especially what's most important as listed in my "6 Things" post, this could be a good game that FAR more would be happy with, and you don't have to be a Unicorn to enjoy playing.  But, Wargaming has backwards thinking.....  They think balance is only achieved by nerfing, not buffing how things work.  They don't understand that it hasn't worked yet.  The Quick Death still occurs, and they just made a crap game.

VooDooKobra #38 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:30

Captain

• Players
  • 6298 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 14:35, said:

You say that but how many elite players on Youtube hit the 2 key all day long.  Now next time you die in a battle, look at the shots you took and it will surprise you how many APCR rounds you took. It is an undeniable truth that hitting 2 is easier then aiming at weak spots.

what I took exception too was the fact that the OP made the statement this is the way I see it and you are not allowed to disagree with me because only stupid people disagree with me

View Postleeuniverse, on Mar 18 2017 - 14:56, said:

Ya.....  It's one thing I've been saying of late with these "Russian" War games.

They have no concept of "quality" game development.

No other game on the planet makes their "characters/tools" perform like CRAP.  They have backward thinking.

Armored Warfare had some potential when Obsidian was developing it, where most tanks performed like they should, but as Mail.Ru took over they have lost the point with their coming PTS (though they've reversed a few of those changes, though not all).

I've watched WOT year after year the tanks becoming more and more crap in how they work and perform.  Watching them nerf wonderful fun performing tanks like the Hellcat, the FV304, the T67, instead of just nerfing their DPM/Damage which is what made them "op".  Instead, they didn't touch that much, but instead made the tanks perform like crap.  Watching them nerf Arty, nerf TD's, nerf Accuracy, nerf tank speeds, over and over, etc.

The Physics a year ago entirely RUINED Light Tank play..... to where I finally left the game.  You can't drive strait etc.  Those physics also made all tanks SLOWER in the game.

They've ruined the T49, which was always a love hate relationship, but I had more love than hate.  But, I can't even like it.  I don't enjoy playing the T71 anymore either because of how it moves now due to the physics.

In Armored Warfare there are only a few tanks that don't perform how they should.....

In WOT, almost every tank performs like crap, even the good ones, and they make it worse and worse year after year.

These games don't understand that all you have to do is:

- Increase HP levels at least Double for all tanks

- Reduce HP differences between classes

- Reduced Power spread between Tiers, HP, Damage, Pen, Armor to like 5% max between tiers.

- Make all non-armored tanks faster on the Low-End (power/speed) than Armored so they can properly circle kill when taking risk getting close.

- Give all Armored tanks less frontal weakspots and sizes for most like AW's T-90MS tank, their only perfect one, while others don't have enough or have two much (some of this is changing on their .19 PTS, though they made the T-90MS worse)

- Then buff all tanks for them to perform well per their class....  AW .18 showed that all the various classes don't have to perform like crap to be different from each other still.

Anyway, if WOT did these things, and improved their UI more, especially what's most important as listed in my "6 Things" post, this could be a good game that FAR more would be happy with, and you don't have to be a Unicorn to enjoy playing.  But, Wargaming has backwards thinking.....  They think balance is only achieved by nerfing, not buffing how things work.  They don't understand that it hasn't worked yet.  The Quick Death still occurs, and they just made a crap game.

and now with obsidian gone AW is now another Russian game

Edited by VooDooKobra, Mar 20 2017 - 04:43.

scharnhorst310 #39 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 04:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Mar 17 2017 - 02:09, said:

Yes.

Detriments do nothing but harm their own team, a 50% win rate means I'm at least pulling my weight. I never said I was good, but I'm certainly not a detriment.

Those "Select" unicums who wn8 farm are not select whatsoever. They're a widespread cancer. Like that IS-3. Or this guy http://wotlabs.net/na/player/bredy_ That is not a talented player. That is a seal clubber. Thanks for the advice.

I stopped playing arty when I came back. You mean to tell me the T26E5, Liberte, Obj 252 and Skorpion aren't overpowered? 

Never said either of those things, stop putting words in my mouth.

That's an extremely good point that I failed to mention in the original post. Seems like every other thread on these forums is a complaint. But you know, there's nothing wrong with this game. 

Ok since you obviously know more about this game than me; explain to me how high wn8 players, with high winrates play so poorly, yet manage to win? Isn't being a detriment to mean that they reduce their teams chances of winning? 

What is more likely, you are not a very good player, and thus have trouble recognizing how to play effectively and consistently. Or these high wn8 players are some how stupid people are playing dumb... yet magically doing lots of damage and helping their team win...

I've trained hundreds of players... you don't know what you don't know. It really is as simple as that. The crap i can do looks like voodoo witchcraft the first time someone plays with me who isn't very good. Over time, and i mean TIME, it slowly but surely begins to make sense. It stops looking so magical, or illogical. I can't tell you how many times players of your caliber and lower tell me how dumb I am, doing this or that... but yet i dish out damage, I demolish tanks, and i carry teams to wins. 

Skeleton #40 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 06:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View PostBlack_Paw, on Mar 05 2017 - 13:34, said:

stuff like this just like that booooooooooggggggrrrrssss troll enjoy the death of this game it is coming soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users