clan war global map

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ziggyj72 #1 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 21:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 19209 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
Hi, relatively new to clan wars and I have something on my mind that I can't figure out ... last night we won our first two battles for a province in the global map tier vi.. what happens if we would have won our 3rd match for the province? We were instructed to allow the other team to win as we were told that we didn't want to get the province because of a lock out or something..? had we won the 3rd match and obtained the land would we have not been able to defend it the next day? or the day after? would we have been locked out of cw global maps for 2 days? would us winning our first province benefit our clan or harm the clan.. i am very confused about this!! I have searched google and can not find the proper answer to my question.... 

Yankee #2 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 21:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 32128 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Perhaps the province was ransacked?

BattlecryGWJ #3 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 32117 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

Ok, it sounds like you were in a landing tournament for a province.  I imagine what the locking being referred to was the wonderful mechanic of tank locking:

http://worldoftanks....s/#Tank Locking

(This is old, but didn't see a comprehensive newer one on the 2 seconds I spent Googling it)

In a battle for taking territory (in this case the final battle in the landing tournament), if your tank is destroyed it is locked from participating in clan wars for a period of time.  This time period is variable based on the tier, class, whether you were attacking of defending, and if you won or lost.  If your clan doesn't have a deep roster of available tier 10 tanks a victory become pyrrhic if you lose so many 10s that you cannot mount an effective defense of the territory.

Yankee #4 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 21:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 32128 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Locking is turned off

bilzbobaggins #5 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 21:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 27360 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Locking is off.   Perhaps your clan attacked that as a favor to a clan that you work with.  Attacking it helped to move the final battle time out and prevent the clan holding the land from having to no show in a battle due to lack of ppl.

BattlecryGWJ #6 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 32117 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostYankee, on Mar 09 2017 - 14:50, said:

Locking is turned off

View Postbilzbobaggins, on Mar 09 2017 - 14:55, said:

Locking is off.

Cool, apparently I've been away from CW too long.

ziggyj72 #7 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 23:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 19209 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

My apologies, When I mentioned locked out I should have been more specific,, We were told that if we won the province then our clan would not be able to participate in clan wars for 2 days following our victory or even longer if no one challenged that province. Could someone provide a link to where I can find out the specifics on how the clan wars work and what happens after a victory, I've looked at the WOT pages and there really isn't much available that answers my questions...  BattlecryGWJ, we were just in the lowly tier vi, so not worried about losing my crom b for a few days.. 

Thanks to all that help!!!

Dogbeast #8 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 05:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18284 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postziggyj72, on Mar 09 2017 - 14:56, said:

My apologies, When I mentioned locked out I should have been more specific,, We were told that if we won the province then our clan would not be able to participate in clan wars for 2 days following our victory or even longer if no one challenged that province. Could someone provide a link to where I can find out the specifics on how the clan wars work and what happens after a victory, I've looked at the WOT pages and there really isn't much available that answers my questions...  BattlecryGWJ, we were just in the lowly tier vi, so not worried about losing my crom b for a few days.. 

Thanks to all that help!!!

Once you own land (on it), you cannot apply to landing zones.  You can however spawn new divisions to attack territory around you.  If the other territory has an enemy division on it, then you will fight for it.  If not, then you will win automatically and take the territory.

However, if you do not own land, then you can continue to apply at different landing zones and fight your way through the ladder.

So technically, you can do this:

1) Apply to landing zone and fight your way through it.

2) Win and take the land.

3) Place your HQ on it, and farm the gold.

4) A few hours before the next day's battles ( 1 hour BEFORE the "Applications close at" time), you pull off the land.

5) You now own no land and can apply to a landing zone.

6) Go back to step 1.

There are a lot of caveats there, but that's the general gist of it.  Beyond that, you can learn as you go.

Edited by Dogbeast, Mar 11 2017 - 05:49.

mumblecorefilms #9 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33874 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View PostDogbeast, on Mar 10 2017 - 23:49, said:

Once you own land (on it), you cannot apply to landing zones.  You can however spawn new divisions to attack territory around you.  If the other territory has an enemy division on it, then you will fight for it.  If not, then you will win automatically and take the territory.

However, if you do not own land, then you can continue to apply at different landing zones and fight your way through the ladder.

So technically, you can do this:

1) Apply to landing zone and fight your way through it.

2) Win and take the land.

3) Place your HQ on it, and farm the gold.

4) A few hours before the next day's battles ( 1 hour BEFORE the "Applications close at" time), you pull off the land.

5) You now own no land and can apply to a landing zone.

6) Go back to step 1.

There are a lot of caveats there, but that's the general gist of it.  Beyond that, you can learn as you go.

thanks for this info.  we found out that it's better, not to own land, than to own it. seems there is an advantage to not owning land overall. seems many don't like the latest wot revision of clan wars and have changed their tactics of how they play.

ViolentViolet #10 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 44459 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Your clan could of taken the province and  immediately left it after the battles are over, allowing you to fight again the next night. It is actually better for your clan to take the province, even if you will just leave it later that evening. This is a link to the general rules/rewards for this Season of CWS.

mumblecorefilms #11 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 15:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33874 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View PostViolentViolet, on Mar 16 2017 - 09:01, said:

Your clan could of taken the province and  immediately left it after the battles are over, allowing you to fight again the next night. It is actually better for your clan to take the province, even if you will just leave it later that evening. This is a link to the general rules/rewards for this Season of CWS.

thanks, yes we found out that owning the land under the new update isn't worthwhile. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users