Attempted to download wrapper keep getting RU verison

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LightDefiant #1 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 06:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 487 battles
I have attempted to download World of Tanks from both the main WoT, download page, and through the link to codeweavers.   I have attempted to download and install 3 different times.  Each download I get the same file worldoftanks_na.dmg.  

As I said I have three different  copies of this file, all named as the NA version of the client, after trying the install for each I end up with the RU version of the client.  

I have delete game out of my applications folder each time before trying the new downloaded file.  Is there a file hidden the the background that is forcing the client to switch to the RU version, or has a recent update to WoT screwed up the wrapper?

Either way any information/help to get this situation resolved would be greatly appreciated.   I want to play some Tanks! :P

Thank you for your time, and assistance.
LightDefiant

P.S.  Guess I'll go play some boats till I hear back.   American AA cruisers, making CV's cry tears of rage since official release. xD  

Edited by LightDefiant, Mar 12 2017 - 06:37.

enjineer #2 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 07:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41057 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Stop playing a PC game on a Mac-problem solved.

black_colt #3 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 08:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View Postenjineer, on Mar 11 2017 - 22:33, said:

Stop playing a PC game on a Mac-problem solved.

Hmmm - rather keep my Mac as I only get 70 FPS under MS Windows while I get close to 100 FPS under macOS on the same Apple-branded Intel based hardware at the same graphics settings.

Also we have a native app that allows us to correct issues/change settings that no one has written for MS Windows.

So by your statement then a PC Game on a PC is not a problem - well perhaps you should check the other Forums as there seem to be a lot of problems for a PC Game on a PC.

Edited by black_colt, Mar 12 2017 - 08:55.

black_colt #4 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 08:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostLightDefiant, on Mar 11 2017 - 21:36, said:

I have attempted to download World of Tanks from both the main WoT, download page, and through the link to codeweavers.   I have attempted to download and install 3 different times.  Each download I get the same file worldoftanks_na.dmg.  

As I said I have three different  copies of this file, all named as the NA version of the client, after trying the install for each I end up with the RU version of the client.  

I have delete game out of my applications folder each time before trying the new downloaded file.  Is there a file hidden the the background that is forcing the client to switch to the RU version, or has a recent update to WoT screwed up the wrapper?

Either way any information/help to get this situation resolved would be greatly appreciated.   I want to play some Tanks! :P

LightDefiant

P.S.  Guess I'll go play some boats till I hear back.   American AA cruisers, making CV's cry tears of rage since official release. xD  

View PostLightDefiant, on Mar 11 2017 - 21:36, said:

LightDefiant

Download the Studly Utility from dstud208 - look for a post from him and the download links are in the signature.  There are two versions - one for OS X 10.11 and earlier and one for macOS [10.12.x]

Open the [Finder] then [Documents] click on [WoT] click on the [replay] folder and right-click and duplicate.  Move the [replays copy] to your Desktop.  This is to preserve any replays you have. 

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper is shut down and make sure any [world_of_tanks] processes are not running. Force-quit them if they are.

Open the Studly Utility - select [World of Tanks] then [General] and click on [Delete Completely]  NOTE: This deletes all of your replays hence copying the [replays] folder above.

Delete any copies of the WoT Mac Wrapper you previously downloaded.

Empty the trash.

Go to the World of Tanks website and download a new copy of the game and install.

Go back to the Studly Utility - select [World of Tanks] then [General] and click on [Disable Torrents] and click on [Force Update].

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper, let it update and then click on [PLAY] when updated. 

You should be good to go ...

jake333_2014 #5 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 00:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 999 battles
  • [DACRA] DACRA
I thank you, dstud208. Your program is amazing and it worked for me. I 100% percent recommend it, and love it. Thanks again!

dstud208 #6 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 00:58

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View Postjake333_2014, on Mar 14 2017 - 16:11, said:

I thank you, dstud208. Your program is amazing and it worked for me. I 100% percent recommend it, and love it. Thanks again!

Hey man you are welcome!!! Glad you like it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users