US Daylight Saving Time and Clan Wars start times

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

zhymm #1 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 01:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29835 battles
  • [JFK] JFK

Much of the US has shifted to Daylight Saving Time this weekend. 

It appears that the start times for Clan Wars battles for the various provinces on the Global Map are (still) set to Standard Time. 

The provinces owned by the clan to which I belong had start times of 10 p.m EST and 10:15 p.m. EST.  These times were convenient for our clan members, not too early, not too late.

However, now the start times shown on the Global Map for our provinces show 11 p.m EDT and 11:15 p.m. EDT.  Such start times are much less convenient, it will be harder to keep enough clan members in game to participate and hampers the clan's ability to keep what we've earned.  It's as if we're being penalized (through no fault of our own) for the change to Daylight Saving Time. 

I wonder if this impacts other clans to the same degree? 

It's my sincere opinion and hope that the start times for battles in the various provinces on the Global Map are adjusted to Daylight Saving Time so that they match the original time starts for those provinces.

Best regards,

OMZ (Old Man Zhymm, XO responsible for coordinating my clan's Clan Wars Global Map activities.)

LostMyMarbles #2 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 01:43

Captain

• Players
  • 44173 battles
  • [SG] SG
I agree with you on that  Wargaming does not consider or think about the time change  in Russia

driesp #3 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX
+1

MUMBLESRUMBLES #4 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 22:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37505 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

shows how inept wot really is. a simple thing like time change and they don't get it...classic...

zhymm #5 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 01:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29835 battles
  • [JFK] JFK

Well, the reply to the Support Ticket I filed says the servers' clocks are all set to UTC and do not change or allow for DST.  There will be no change in the province battle start times due to a "local" time shift to DST.  I guess we just have to "deal with it".  If (or more likely when) my clan gets knocked off the Global Map I'll look at provinces with appropriate start times (not the ones we own now) for the members of the clan to conveniently participate.

OMZ

Edited by zhymm, Mar 14 2017 - 01:56.

WilhelmvonPreussen #6 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 20:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
Yup actually a bit of a piss off as we have a set schedule and now we are supposed to be waiting an hour longer and for old guys like myself it just runs to late. We played our junior varsity teams last night and lost what land we had. Regardless we would have pulled off the map and would have had to re-land in the correct timezone. Not sure why Wargaming cant just change the time but it's annoying and to be honest a bit ignorant of the NA player base. Thanks for posting was going to whine post myself about it but absolutely poor service forcing people to pull off the map cause Wargaming is either too lazy or just doesn't care to adjust their times.

LostMyMarbles #7 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 21:08

Captain

• Players
  • 44173 battles
  • [SG] SG

everyone is upset about the lack of changing back the time 1hr .... with the battles at 8 pac 11 pm est most clans members are east coast base which makes it way to late for them to do clan wars at that time

it would be so easy for them to set them back 1 hr but you know WG a easy fix is not in their vocabulary ... instead make it more broken than it already is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users