Jump to content


What is your favourite movie and why?


  • Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

ElwoodP #201 Posted Oct 19 2018 - 03:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18362 battles
  • 180
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013
Talking Heads

Iron_Soul_Stealer #202 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 00:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostElwoodP, on Oct 18 2018 - 21:19, said:

Talking Heads

^..Huh..? ...:unsure: I'm not familiar with that film...

Can you post a trailer link to that movie ..? Cuz honestly, I've never heard of it.

 

These are the only talking heads I'm familiar with:

 



bockscar43 #203 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 01:04

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 32148 battles
  • 1,648
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Frank Herbert's, DUNE...by Dino de Laurentiis

_Steel_Casket_ #204 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 19:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 88834 battles
  • 1,396
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
  • Member since:
    07-09-2012
Natural Born Killers, because the bad guys (Mickey and Mallory Knox) murder a bunch of people, escape a max prison and get away....

Iron_Soul_Stealer #205 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 01:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I always love to watch this classic, especially this time of year:

 

So please...everyone~~~

Sit down, and relax. Enjoy our beautiful continent. Put your feet up, and make yourself at home.

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #206 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 10:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

This is also a superb film:

Spoiler

 

I still watch this classic, from time to time...



Iron_Soul_Stealer #207 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 06:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I've always loved this one:

 



AngelOfWarAndDeath #208 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 20:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10360 battles
  • 459
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Cross Of Iron

Iron_Soul_Stealer #209 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAngelOfWarAndDeath, on Feb 07 2019 - 14:53, said:

Cross Of Iron

 

I have to admit, I had to look that one up. I never heard of it before.

 

Anyway, if you liked that one, you should love this one, also...

Stalingrad:

 

 

By the way, I hate the 'dubbed version'.

*This film is best watched in it's original language, and/or subtitled. Yes, I know this scene is off the web, but I happen to own this movie, so I already know which mode I prefer. You choose for yourself what you like the best.

 

 



Tolos #210 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 05:07

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • 18,534
  • [GDF] GDF
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010
The Hunt for Red October. 

Klaatu_Nicto #211 Posted Feb 10 2019 - 06:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 44044 battles
  • 10,743
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

Do you remember the first movie you watched on a VCR?

 

Mine was.......

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Feb 10 2019 - 06:10.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #212 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 05:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I always hated VHS, and I still do. However...

*It was a long time ago, but I believe the first movie I ever watched on Betamax was Mad Max {1979}:

 

 

^..You gotta love that 351 Cleveland. One of the best engines ever produced.

 

 

 

 



Klaatu_Nicto #213 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 06:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 44044 battles
  • 10,743
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 10 2019 - 20:53, said:

I always hated VHS, and I still do. However...

*It was a long time ago, but I believe the first movie I ever watched on Betamax was Mad Max {1979}:

 

 

^..You gotta love that 351 Cleveland. One of the best engines ever produced.

 

 

 

 

 

In 1983 I did not have cable so my dad taped it when it was on HBO and gave it to me. Many times I invited people to my home to watch it who had never heard of the movie.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #214 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 00:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTolos, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:07, said:

The Hunt for Red October. 

^..That was a good film, too. Not as good as 'The Hunt for Miss October"...:D...but I can't show you that trailer, here. I'd get into trouble.

 

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Feb 11 2019 - 00:52, said:

 

In 1983 I did not have cable so my dad taped it when it was on HBO and gave it to me. Many times I invited people to my home to watch it who had never heard of the movie.

 

Of the entire Mad Max series, my personal favourite is still Mad Max 2 - The Road Warrior.

 

Spoiler

 



AngelOfWarAndDeath #215 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 23:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10360 battles
  • 459
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 09 2019 - 23:06, said:

 

I have to admit, I had to look that one up. I never heard of it before.

 

Anyway, if you liked that one, you should love this one, also...

Stalingrad:

 

 

By the way, I hate the 'dubbed version'.

*This film is best watched in it's original language, and/or subtitled. Yes, I know this scene is off the web, but I happen to own this movie, so I already know which mode I prefer. You choose for yourself what you like the best.

 

 

 

I am surprised no one heard of Cross Of Iron....did you watch the HD version?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #216 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 00:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAngelOfWarAndDeath, on Feb 13 2019 - 17:05, said:

 

I am surprised no one heard of Cross Of Iron....did you watch the HD version?

Like I said... I never heard of that film before...:unsure: but I'm guessing they lost at the end...right..?

 

Anyway, here's a super funny clip from another one of my personal favourite films, Gran Torino:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 



JRingo20 #217 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 01:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 31552 battles
  • 2,048
  • Member since:
    11-06-2011

Blade Runner (1&2)

Deadpool (1&2)

Casablanca

Star Wars (All)

Zulu

The Battle of Algiers

Red Ball Express

Leon: The Professional

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Dr. Strangelove

Once Upon A Time In The West

Lawrence of Arabia

The Wind and the Lion

Seven Samurai

47 Ronin

The Winter War (Finnish)

The Tanks are Coming

T-34 (Polish)

Assembly (Chinese)

White Tiger (Russian?)

Fury


 

Just a few.


Edited by JRingo20, Mar 04 2019 - 01:05.


black_colt #218 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 01:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 4287 battles
  • 2,959
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

Forbidden Planet

 

Robbie the Robot makes their debut - Leslie Nelson is in a great role ...



Iron_Soul_Stealer #219 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 05:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJRingo20, on Mar 03 2019 - 19:03, said:

Blade Runner (1&2)

Deadpool (1&2)

Casablanca

Star Wars (All)

Zulu

The Battle of Algiers

Red Ball Express

Leon: The Professional

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Dr. Strangelove

Once Upon A Time In The West

Lawrence of Arabia

The Wind and the Lion

Seven Samurai

47 Ronin

The Winter War (Finnish)

The Tanks are Coming

T-34 (Polish)

Assembly (Chinese)

White Tiger (Russian?)

Fury


 

Just a few.

 

^..Nice list, Ringo ...and long time no see. I thought you quit this game...? 

 

Anyway, here's a film you might like. It's another one of my personal favourites:

QUEST FOR FIRE

 

Spoiler

 

*I can't believe I haven't posted this here, already. This film has got to be one of my all time classic favourites, EVER! And I usually make an effort to watch this at least once each year. I always learn something new each time I watch it. So many nuances....

 

 

 

 

 



doomsdaymachine1 #220 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 19:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 20307 battles
  • 85
  • [RB4TH] RB4TH
  • Member since:
    10-27-2013
The KEEP....I have no idea why.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users