Jump to content


Fair Play Policy Idea?

bans fair play policy hacks cheating

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

bytor2112 #1 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20921 battles
  • 187
  • [TYA] TYA
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

I think that the "fair play policy" should post all player's names caught (with their clan tags, if they have any) for all to see.  This would show clans that turn a blind eye to cheating, and might make clans who do run them stop running them if they are in the "spotlight".

 

thoughts?

 


Edited by bytor2112, Mar 14 2017 - 05:20.


Lethalhavoc #2 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 37985 battles
  • 9,795
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013
Privacy laws make that illegal and WG would be libel.

bytor2112 #3 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:25

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20921 battles
  • 187
  • [TYA] TYA
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostLethalhavoc, on Mar 14 2017 - 05:22, said:

Privacy laws make that illegal and WG would be libel.

 

privacy laws?  you are not displaying his/her real name and home address.  so you are saying youtube should be held libel for allowing people to post videos of players using hacks in multiple different games?

Edited by bytor2112, Mar 14 2017 - 05:32.


DERP_IN_THE_FACE #4 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 27278 battles
  • 2,293
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012
Best part is, The offenders arent who you think they are. I bet that 99% of those 300 are people that arent even in top clans

Edited by DERP_IN_THE_FACE, Mar 14 2017 - 05:39.


Lethalhavoc #5 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 37985 battles
  • 9,795
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postbytor2112, on Mar 14 2017 - 00:25, said:

 

privacy laws?  you are not displaying his/her real name and home address.  so you are saying youtube should be held libel for allowing people to post videos of players using hacks in multiple different games?

 

We agree to an EULA, read it.

xrays_ #6 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 41964 battles
  • 2,523
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View Postbytor2112, on Mar 13 2017 - 23:20, said:

I think that the "fair play policy" should post all player's names caught (with their clan tags, if they have any) for all to see.  This would show clans that turn a blind eye to cheating, and might make clans who do run them stop running them if they are in the "spotlight".

 

thoughts?

 

This comes off as you belieiving that certain Clans are advocating cheats, whereas you have absolutely no proof. It also seems to speak to a belief that if one person in a Clan is caught cheating, then the whole can is guilty as well, again, without proof.

 

Thoughts?

 

x.



bytor2112 #7 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:47

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20921 battles
  • 187
  • [TYA] TYA
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostDERP_IN_THE_FACE, on Mar 14 2017 - 05:37, said:

Best part is, The offenders arent who you think they are. I bet that 99% of those 300 are people that arent even in top clans

 

more than likely this  ^^

bytor2112 #8 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:49

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20921 battles
  • 187
  • [TYA] TYA
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View Postxrays_, on Mar 14 2017 - 05:40, said:

 

This comes off as you belieiving that certain Clans are advocating cheats, whereas you have absolutely no proof. It also seems to speak to a belief that if one person in a Clan is caught cheating, then the whole can is guilty as well, again, without proof.

 

Thoughts?

 

x.

 

exactly, i have no proof, and didn't claim to have it.  its just curiosity.  if clans, either top level ones or crappy ones were under the radar because a couple of their members got busted, would they still play the same or would you see a huge drop in their play????

 

also, i never stated that if one player cheats, then the whole clan cheats.  i have been an admin for my clan over multiple pc games for 10+ years and if we had a member that cheated and got caught, we would boot them without hesitation, as we did not cheat.

 

more thoughts?


Edited by bytor2112, Mar 14 2017 - 05:52.


bytor2112 #9 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 05:59

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20921 battles
  • 187
  • [TYA] TYA
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostLethalhavoc, on Mar 14 2017 - 05:39, said:

 

We agree to an EULA, read it.

 

pretty sure i read this in para 14 "YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST WARGAMING"

moon111 #10 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 06:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27142 battles
  • 1,828
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

Many probably had no idea they were doing something wrong.  I wonder how well a 1-week ban worked if a player didn't even attempt to play the game in that time?

They might of just kept on truckin' the same old way and now are permanently banned.  And then many probably were secondary accounts.

 

 



Lethalhavoc #11 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 06:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 37985 battles
  • 9,795
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postbytor2112, on Mar 14 2017 - 00:59, said:

 

pretty sure i read this in para 14 "YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST WARGAMING"

 

Do you understand the difference between a class action lawsuit and a lawsuit?

Urdr #12 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 06:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 40215 battles
  • 3,598
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

View PostDERP_IN_THE_FACE, on Mar 14 2017 - 01:37, said:

Best part is, The offenders arent who you think they are. I bet that 99% of those 300 are people that arent even in top clans

Ahahaha

+1 cause the laughs.

 

OP, today everybody was asking the same as you :)



ImApollo #13 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 07:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7196 battles
  • 253
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
Why would you even want to know the names of people who hacked? So you can witch-hunt them? Sounds like Cyber-bullying/Harassment which is agenst the EULA. :D

Manabozo #14 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 11:24

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 44193 battles
  • 603
  • [GMONK] GMONK
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postbytor2112, on Mar 14 2017 - 05:47, said:

 

more than likely this  ^^

 

From what I have seen, about 90% (my observation and a randomly made up number for comparison) are orange. But still, that is an assumption.

Edited by Manabozo, Mar 14 2017 - 11:25.


spud_tuber #15 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 15:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 40724 battles
  • 3,739
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostDERP_IN_THE_FACE, on Mar 13 2017 - 22:37, said:

Best part is, The offenders arent who you think they are. I bet that 99% of those 300 are people that arent even in top clans

Considering that 99% of the server population aren't in top clans, I'd say that's about what you'd expect.  You might have a problem if it were 90% of cheaters weren't in a top clan, because that would mean 10% of the cheaters would be clustered in a subgroup that didn't make up 10% of the server population.



bytor2112 #16 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 17:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20921 battles
  • 187
  • [TYA] TYA
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostLethalhavoc, on Mar 14 2017 - 06:10, said:

 

Do you understand the difference between a class action lawsuit and a lawsuit?

 

meh, i was reading quickly and seen it.  post the part in the eula that would negate everything i am asking for then.

CavScout19D #17 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 17:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 23872 battles
  • 4,494
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
How do clans scan members mod folders to know what they are using?

Hurk #18 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 20:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 45125 battles
  • 13,866
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostDERP_IN_THE_FACE, on Mar 13 2017 - 21:37, said:

Best part is, The offenders arent who you think they are. I bet that 99% of those 300 are people that arent even in top clans

im guessing most, if not all, are bot accounts that are being ground out for resale.



DERP_IN_THE_FACE #19 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 21:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 27278 battles
  • 2,293
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012

View Postspud_tuber, on Mar 14 2017 - 09:38, said:

Considering that 99% of the server population aren't in top clans, I'd say that's about what you'd expect.  You might have a problem if it were 90% of cheaters weren't in a top clan, because that would mean 10% of the cheaters would be clustered in a subgroup that didn't make up 10% of the server population.

 

that logic is flawed deeply

nuclearguy931 #20 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 21:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 68922 battles
  • 8,742
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Postbytor2112, on Mar 13 2017 - 22:20, said:

I think that the "fair play policy" should post all player's names caught (with their clan tags, if they have any) for all to see.  This would show clans that turn a blind eye to cheating, and might make clans who do run them stop running them if they are in the "spotlight".

 

thoughts?

 

 

 

And if the clan doesn't know that their player is cheating then it's really unfair to the rest of the clan.


 

Players who are perma banned should be identified.







Also tagged with bans, fair play, policy, hacks, cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users