• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

chuckm129 #1 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 19:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20072 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

UPDATE: 4-28-17

I finally figured out how to get rid of the Camo on the T34 And Emil1. So now when your in a battle and somebody else has Camo on their Emil1 or T34 it won't bleed through. Also if you had Camo on these tanks you can reapply the Camo and get the value back And it wont bleed through anymore.

Also I made Odin's Triple Horn Red And Blue on the Emil1. You can have ether All Red or the Red And Blue Triple Horn.

Big Thank you To Fett713 For the links to get rid of the Camo.

Hey guys these are my attempts at making skins for regular tanks. I realize that the first one is a premium tank. But that's what got me started on it. I got the Defender as a gift so I'm not complaining and it is a wicked a** tank. The 252 Defender is were it all is going to start for me. I noticed a while ago their weren't alot of options for everyday type Tanks for people who don't have a E100 or a VK72.01(K). So I will be putting things like Standard Tier VI and up tanks on here. I hope I don't get too frustrated with it, but it seems like skinning tanks might be fun. So here it is my first tank skin. The Object 252 Defender The PUNISHER. Installation is simple enough it seems. The usual path to put this folder in is (C:\games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.17. Whatever the current patch number is). once you get into that last folder you take the download and open it up. then put the vehicles folder that is in the file you just downloaded and drag it from the downloaded file that you have open, and drop it in the open (0.9.17.Whichever patch we are on right now) folder. If you already have mods in there it might ask you if you want to override the current file? Yes you do, it will not take out your mods and If you did it right it should not break the game.

I am NOT a professional modder or anything. I don't expect that you should have any problems with these skin mods. If you do tho I will try and help as much as I can as long as your civil. 

Also I would love feed back, "Please Be Civil you Guys." I like what I like for skins so if you guys would like to suggest Skins I'm all ears. I'm planing on making some more just for Sh**s and giggles. So let me know what you guys think.  

Happy tanking!!

chuckm129

Object 252 Defender: Punisher

Emil 1: Thor's Hammer

T34: T34 B  That doesn't cost you any more money than you have already spent. 

A BIG THANK YOU TO:  Avalon304 I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the stupid crest decal on the front left side. But you sir are a Gentleman and Scholar!! Thank you for the scripts folder.

The Punisher! ]

Emil 1

Thor's Hammer!!!   "skål" Or Skol In English. Is a Viking Toast. After the Vikings would raid and kill everyone in the town. They would drink out of the skull of the leader of the village and say SKOL!!!!    (It means a bowl in Danish). Or I like to think it means "You Lost!!!"

Thor's Hammer

UPDATE: I Changed Odin's Triple horn to Red and Blue. But you can get ether one you want The all Red one is still in there too.

Red Sticker: https://drive.google...aUhueW5pdGFoZW8

Red And Blue Sticker: https://drive.google...cVJOQmFTb0RRQTg

Do you have a T34? Are you sad you couldn't pay another $54 to get it in the shade of black you have been asking your wife to buy you for ages? No worries boys because I have a Skin for that. NOTE:You have to already own the T34 For this to work! This is NOT a FREE tank. 

T34 Black

https://drive.google...R3JydmZHT3FvMUk

UPDATE: ​Apparently spelling makes a big difference when it comes to file names. Who knew "Math or something" Anyway. All files have been Updated as of 4-21-17 So if you guys had problems with them before not working at all, blowing up your computer, kicking your dog, getting your daughter pregnant. It shouldn't be a problem any more.:B

Edited by chuckm129, Mar 28 2017 - 18:58.

Urdr #2 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 38495 battles
Nice work man, but, emil description, mean!

chuckm129 #3 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 21:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20072 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

View PostUrdr, on Mar 15 2017 - 13:06, said:

Nice work man, but, emil description, mean!

Yes, Yes it is!!!

Fett713 #4 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 21:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28289 battles
  • [BSI] BSI

Grats! on opening your thread Chuck! Nice work, I especially love the detail on the Emil's muzzle break, very nice touch and it looks slick bro! Keep up the good work, hope to see many more from you. <O

A quick tip on installation for anyone who wants to install skins, generally speaking most already know it, but for those that may not. If you already have a skin for a tank, in this instance the Defender or Emil, it's very important to check if you have a skin for it first, if so delete it, then drop in the new skin. Sometimes you can get unwanted side effects from a previous skin and re-models especially.

As for premium camo showing through, there's 2 ways to deal with this, option 1) Skin creator makes blank AO files for the skin, here is a great tutorial from Milkym4n on how to do it and what to use etc. Was a huge boon to me and several others http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/519811-how-to-remove-the-camo-mask-inside-an-ao-map/ Option 2) Use Reichsfackel's mods to replace the premium camos with blank ones, also has the option to use blank nation flags, clan logos and inscriptions etc. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/445306-09171-clan-logo-inscription-and-camouflage-remover/ These are also found in Aslains modpack and maybe others as well.

Southern_Comfort #5 Posted Mar 15 2017 - 22:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32668 battles
Too bad the other players will not see the skins you run but that will never happen since everyone would have to download all these custom skins, the School Bus skin for the Tog is a funny one, I have not seen that one for a long time...

chuckm129 #6 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 02:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20072 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

The Tog Skin is awesome!! Thanks Fett! I forgot to mention the decal on the muzzle break is Thor's hammer Mjölnir.  I will be getting more in depth with the skins so the link will help.

chuckm129

Edited by chuckm129, Mar 16 2017 - 02:10.

Fett713 #7 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28289 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
Hehe, School Bus TOG was funny, sadly that skin won't work now that the TOG is HD, someone will have to make an all new one for it. You're very welcome Chuck, my pleasure to help. Avalon is a great guy also, very knowledgeable about skinning and modding.

_NARAD_ #8 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32730 battles

Hey thanks for the skins. I would like to point out something pretty important. I only downloaded the t34 skin but the file structure is slightly off so you may want to change it. I am not complaining just pointing out it wont work unless you do the following. The download has one folder which says vehicles. By the way the folder name is not spelled correctly. Also you need to add a sub folder to the vehicles folder which is named american ... then the model folder is put in there. 

Basically folder structure is as follows.... vehicles-american- A13_T34_hvy. So there are three folders total.

Thanks again looks great!

chuckm129 #9 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20072 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

View Post_NARAD_, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:24, said:

Hey thanks for the skins. I would like to point out something pretty important. I only downloaded the t34 skin but the file structure is slightly off so you may want to change it. I am not complaining just pointing out it wont work unless you do the following. The download has one folder which says vehicles. By the way the folder name is not spelled correctly. Also you need to add a sub folder to the vehicles folder which is named american ... then the model folder is put in there. 

Basically folder structure is as follows.... vehicles-american- A13_T34_hvy. So there are three folders total.

Thanks again looks great!

Thanks man your a life saver!  "Details who needs them anyway right?"  :P

o7

Edited by chuckm129, Mar 27 2017 - 23:31.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users