• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

Kliphie #221 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 16:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24281 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGrasschopper, on Mar 28 2017 - 10:22, said:

I'm looking at a LOT of these posts and seeing people post plots with tons of ping at packet loss IN THEIR HOMES.  Guys...WG is right that's all you.  Like the first 2-3 steps are in your home depending on your setup.  Your IP is your PC....for me the next one is my router and the 3rd is my Comcast modem.  Then it leave my house.  I'm hard wired from PC to router and router to modem.

Not sure your PP is setup, but for me, the first hop is the Router/Modem. The next 3 hops are AT&T servers that are DoS protected, so they'll only answer the first few ping requests.  

Grasschopper #222 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 17:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 29799 battles

View PostKliphie, on Mar 28 2017 - 10:40, said:

Not sure your PP is setup, but for me, the first hop is the Router/Modem. The next 3 hops are AT&T servers that are DoS protected, so they'll only answer the first few ping requests.  

PP = PingPlotter?  Honestly no...I just installed and ran with the WG IP address at the end.  What else do I need to do?

LOD_Eclipso #223 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33931 battles
  • [-LOD-] -LOD-

This is getting out of hand, they know there is a problem, yet still make all of us jump thru these hoops. So they are stating that all of OUR isp's are the problem,  LOL  so much for troubleshooting skills. It the problem is affecting this many from all sorts of different ISP's the problem isn't on the user's end. It's on your (WG) end. Fix this @#$% already! 2 micro patches and it's still an issue.

LOD_Eclipso #224 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 19:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33931 battles
  • [-LOD-] -LOD-

View PostStyo, on Mar 27 2017 - 01:35, said:

$20 they won't fix it this week.

Doubt they ever will.

WarhammerYYC #225 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 20:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 3093 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-

If they were really serious about it they could build in some client connection reporting tool to collect data themselves. Getting random users to try to collect useful information and act in it is a crapshoot.

Profiling overall data would give you better statistics to  use.  

Wtornado #226 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27503 battles

View PostKliphie, on Mar 28 2017 - 09:51, said:

That's quite a leap in logic.  Again, the other players "poor" connection to the server will not affect your "great" connection to the server.  The server decides everything that happens.  Your superior connection is only an advantage to you.  

I am 900 km from the server with a fiber optic 30mb/sec line.

Like I said before there is nothing wrong with WG servers.

Gracklewolf #227 Posted Yesterday, 12:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28148 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

For the past two weeks I've been having alot of problems in game with glitching, rubberbanding, and delayed shots.  Particularly in fast moving tanks like LT's.  This behavior has been consistent throughout the day, weekday or weekend.  The worst cases I've seen are in stronghold matches when the enemy team is wolfpacking and the client suddenly see all 7 or 10 tanks at once.  There's a complete time warp.  Here is my 20 minute ping plot as requested.  I took this just after playing on USE for about an hour with the terrible rubberbanding.  As you can see, I get very consistent latency over my Verizon FiOS connection.  I can't imagine the issues are related to my ISP.

spy1309 #228 Posted Yesterday, 06:53 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 37834 battles
Yeap players from 2 continents north and south America complain about lag from over 50 US states and Canadian provinces using dozens of internet providers and WG claims is providers fault or users PC s ....Sane logic .....
Lol so much respect WG CEO has for WOT community.

Grasschopper #229 Posted Yesterday, 12:56 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 29799 battles

For the record it happened AGAIN last night right around the same time.  8:45p Eastern I again had about a 10 min stretch of unplayable packet loss.  Then it went away and everything was fine.

I made the comment before that whatever is happening on their server is literally happening at the worst moment because it would be near highest server population fort the day and during things like Clan Wars...but something that someone else said just popped back into my head: what if these lag spikes and packet loss are caused by the new WG cheat detection system.  That is then the best time of day to run it if all you're going to do is run it once a day.

Wtornado #230 Posted Yesterday, 01:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27503 battles

View Postspy1309, on Mar 29 2017 - 00:53, said:

Yeap players from 2 continents north and south America complain about lag from over 50 US states and Canadian provinces using dozens of internet providers and WG claims is providers fault or users PC s ....Sane logic .....
Lol so much respect WG CEO has for WOT community.

Let say you even have 2000 players which I doubt  in here complaining bad lag in about 2 million it is not bad.

Servers are full of players if it was that bad like when EA games had their trouble years ago the servers would be empty.

View PostGrasschopper, on Mar 29 2017 - 06:56, said:

For the record it happened AGAIN last night right around the same time.  8:45p Eastern I again had about a 10 min stretch of unplayable packet loss.  Then it went away and everything was fine.

I made the comment before that whatever is happening on their server is literally happening at the worst moment because it would be near highest server population fort the day and during things like Clan Wars...but something that someone else said just popped back into my head: what if these lag spikes and packet loss are caused by the new WG cheat detection system.  That is then the best time of day to run it if all you're going to do is run it once a day.

Why is it alway time oriented the lag the packet loss and who complains the most?

I said the times the game lagged with the most packet loss and who was on from where and many of you laughed.

From 7pm to 10 pm don't play the games has changed the past year.

From 4 am until 7 am don't play either if you do not have a top notch internet provider and good computer.

Unless you are like me sitting on top of their server....at 900km I am not far.

Grasschopper #231 Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 29799 battles

View PostWtornado, on Mar 29 2017 - 07:18, said:

Why is it alway time oriented the lag the packet loss and who complains the most?

I said the times the game lagged with the most packet loss and who was on from where and many of you laughed.

From 7pm to 10 pm don't play the games has changed the past year.

From 4 am until 7 am don't play either if you do not have a top notch internet provider and good computer.

Unless you are like me sitting on top of their server....at 900km I am not far.

Right....I have a very good PC and very very good internet service.  When I play from home (work is altogether different) I NEVER see the ping scale go over 100ms, ping spikes during the packet loss times are like 80ms...it's normally 30ms.  When I run speedtest.net I get 90mb download speeds and 5mb upload.  Run a fast 5th gen core i7 processor, 24gb of RAM (WAY overkill) and a GTX 1070 graphics card.  My rig is solid.  Oh and I'm roughly 300km from the USE servers in Washington DC.

The issue for me is that this has started to happen since 9.17.1.  There had been a previous update where the same thing happened...and WG did the same thing.  There's another thread just like this one someplace from several months ago.  The issue got better then so clearly they did something to fix it.  Then this patch came out and it's back.

silverlakerider #232 Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16641 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

For the record WG, I was having these exact same problems 2 patches ago.  I submitted a ticket and responded multiple times after each "canned response" from your support staff.  Basically WG wants to blame mods and all the ISP's in NA before they admit they're having problems.  Whatever. 

Now the last patch before this one everything cleared up for me.  I was running great on both servers with no packet loss, working great. 

Then this last micro patch (the one a couple of days ago) I'm back to high erratic pings and packet loss at the most in-opportune moments.  So yes WG, with each patch you're effecting multiple online users.  

spy1309 #233 Posted Today, 12:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 37834 battles
To try to put this issue to rest how many other  games are played like COD or Battlefield 1 lag free ......Why the issue is with this game only...I even play TF2 a 12 year old game lag free

Xx1Tommy1xX #234 Posted Today, 12:44 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11825 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-

View PostRake, on Mar 15 2017 - 16:50, said:

How are you supposed to know if you're having lag at the time if you're supposed to close out the client to run the ping plotter?  Given the intermittent nature of the lag, it seems more than just a bit absurd to not have the game running.

If you read it carefully they are giving you the address for the west and east server. 

Ping will use the same connection and nodes/servers your connection runs when you play WoT. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users