The Death of Arty - is everyone happy now?

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

Wrath_Of_Conn #1 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24749 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

Hello,

I have applied to the Sandbox as a tester. I am an all arty player and I am an above average player (WN8 1086, 20K games Recent WN8 of 1460). I want to be part of this development as it stands a very great probably to effect my entire gaming experience. I have watched the YouTube video that your developer's have commented on these reclassification of arty. I have clan members in the sandbox and received their feedback on the redevelopment of the arty functions. I am concerned that not enough arty players are in the sandbox. My concerns are in order of importance:

1) As arty I will no longer be able to defend myself at the end of games. When lights particularly arty hunt. With the reduction in alpha and this stun mechanism, arty will not be able to kill anything that is coming in on it. NOT a great gaming experience.

2) At tiers 8-10 arty currently does have a place in clan wars. With this redevelopment of our capabilities, there is no reason for a clan to bring a tank that already has smaill HP life when the tanks Alpha is reduced. I have talked a with top 100 clan (Triad) and many lowered ranked clans (my own clan is ranked 432), and strategically and tactically there is not any perceived benefit to bringing this "new" arty to clan wars. NOT a great gaming experience.

3) Counter battery is obsolete. There is not any point in stunning opposing arty. One of the key roles arty plays is counter battery. Removing enemy arty is one of my primary roles as it allows my team to be more offensive. The reduction of the alpha means I can not kill an arty with one shot (thinking of the T10 Bat Chat arty) and stunning is a moot point because my forces are too far away at the beginning of the game to take advange of the stun. NOT a great gaming experience.

4) I have spent approximately $2000.00 USD over the past two years for gold and premiuim accounts for my husband's account.(Green_Griffin WN8 1189 clan TRIAD) gifts to clan members for good performance, and my own account. I invest in this game.  I am being made ineffective by these changes and can not add any value to the games I enjoy, clan wars, advances, detach. These changes I believe are meant to pacify the public matches. Your developer's state that this is a means of having pub teams include arty more in their strategy and game play. You are not in touch with your game. Pub's do not form platoons very often. Most platoons come as platoons from the MM. Pub matches aren't very strategic. It is more a straight up tactical battle with tanks (hopefully) going to positions that best suit their particular tank. Again, this will NOT promote arty inclusion to public play. NOT a great gaming experience.

5) The arrogance of the developer's in your You Tube video was just staggering. Yes, they know how much arty is hated. Yes, they are going to deal with arty mechanics to pacify everyone. This may not be a direct quote but the staggering arrogance of a company to address a class many of us love and have invested in is appalling. So you understand, I can only one shot a full health heavy if they are at least one tier down from me, usually two tiers. I have to run a premium shell with splash to do it as well. These heavies are usually sitting still in the open, ie, they dont play their tank well. I do admit that on rare occassion I have one shot a light on the run, but, I truly believe that has more to do with 4 perks skills on my crew, good rng, and some level of skill on my part than as the single attribute of the tank class I am in.

6) I do not know if I will get the standard reply from you on this ticket (Thank you we will investigate) or if you will get me in the Sandbox where I can legitimately provide my feedback to your developers) I can not just sit and wait for my game mechanics (Arty) to so drastically change, without trying to be part of their development.

7) With these changes I can pretty much forget about getting a Top Gun, High Caliber, Bombardier, Radley Walters, or Kolobanov's medal every again. (Yes, I have all of them).

Sincerely

Wrath_of_Conn
Commander
L3V3L

4/11/17 Note

We will no longer get to play with clan members.  This is insane.  It is a social game and now I will not be able to toon with my friends, clan members.  WG should have just taken arty out of the game.  This is just arty being sh!& on by wargaming. - Wrath

"No artillery in Platoons. You were vocal about mismatched scenarios, when a Platoon of three SPGs was placed at the top of the list and the team ended up with three long-range support fire vehicles as their main strength. The other frustrating issue was frequent cases of arty giving its all to support fellow Platoon-members and totally neglecting the rest of the team. To eliminate both problems, we decided to stop SPGs from forming and joining Dynamic and regular Platoons. Removing the option to play in Platoons should facilitate team cooperation and aid the matchmaker in creating balanced teams. Individual Battle Missions were updated accordingly. We removed Platoons from their conditions."

https://worldoftanks...nd_common_test/

•  
  •  

Edited by Wrath_Of_Conn, Apr 12 2017 - 00:09.

Nudnick #2 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 20259 battles
The death of arty sounds good to me. They should just dump it and get it over with.

AitoKurittaja95 #3 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 55931 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

You do realize these points, right? ( just some from artillery over all )

There is QUITE A BIT what is wrong in that ' class '

I find it absolutely disgusting.

And it will remain as such, even if the ' sandbox '

proposed changes come to live server.

Artillery is not very good for the ' gameplay ',

too many unfair advantages and too much bad over all.

This is VERY toxic way to ' play the game '

lamplight #4 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:30

Captain

• Players
  • 23895 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Arty is game-ruining cancer and these changes are all a) Overwhelmingly justified and b) not nearly as devastating as you seem to be implying. Stun mechanics etc will be just as effective, if not more, on the live server than the current RNG whack-a-mole system we have now. As far as I'm concerned, any change that reduces the chances of one-shotting enemies and force clicker players to utilise even the smallest shred of skill is always a positive. 

V_A_C_A #5 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18021 battles
  • [BREJO] BREJO
I'm an arty player (>93% battles on this class, of ~13.7k battles) and wasn't accepted to test the SandBox changes, too.
I still think that is a bad move by them, but... money talks. And the base of the pyramid is formed of red players. And WG needs the money.
It will be a joke. We all know that. A huge gun, with a huge shell doing little damage. I see some jokes coming on the future, about it, going on around the internet.
Not sure of what will be the WG image as this is implemented.
Not sure of what will be the WoT players image as this is implemented.
And I'm not sure how will be the TD's nerf on the future, as it will be the next "leprous" class (for the base of the pyramid of WoT players).

Plays_With_Matches #6 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:32

Major

• Players
  • 25042 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Mar 16 2017 - 14:28, said:

But.... who else is going to help me achieve my LT15-4 mission :arta:

V_A_C_A #7 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18021 battles
  • [BREJO] BREJO

View PostGord1973, on Mar 16 2017 - 16:32, said:

But.... who else is going to help me achieve my LT15-4 mission :arta:

You didn't understood. Everyone else will work for the unicums. The game will be transformed to help the unicums and Youtubers. They show the game and bring more people to the game (and thus, more people to help the unicums).

Wrath_Of_Conn #8 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24749 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

Gasai__Yuno,

2.5 percent of your game play is in arty.  We have been berfed many times and  our hit rate is notoriously low.  If we negatively effect you game play  it is because your have players on your team that do not know how to manage their tanks and put them in the open or we have great spotters on our team picking our your weknesses.  Your stats are great but your dont play arty (2.5% of your play) so you do not know what our mechanics are like to play.

Guardianleopard #9 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:35

Captain

• Players
  • 11424 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

Thank god.

Death to arty. 

Edited by Guardianleopard, Mar 16 2017 - 20:36.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #10 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29856 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

Bye arty. Now Wargaming can you remove my arty battles on my stats? Thanks 

:unsure:

Wrath_Of_Conn #11 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24749 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

Lamplight  - Same peply as to Gasai__Yuno .

7.5 percent of your game play is in arty.  We have been berfed many times and  our hit rate is notoriously low.  If we negatively effect you game play  it is because your have players on your team that do not know how to manage their tanks and put them in the open or we have great spotters on our team picking our your weknesses.  Your stats are great but your dont play arty (7.5% of your play) so you do not know what our mechanics are like to play.

AitoKurittaja95 #12 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 55931 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

Your ' mechanics ' are COMPLETELY unfair towards other users.

This is being only made WORSE by the fact that spineless artillery players

LOVE to kill themselves if they EVER have to actually ' play the game '

when the situation gets tense, they go to shoot walls or to drown.

I am sorry but I find this class absolutely disgusting.

There is NOTHING good in it.

These are my observations from my LONG career.

Kenshin2kx #13 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

While I am not an arty player, or ever have ever been one (outside trying it once or twice for less than 25 games IIRC) ... I would say that IMHO ... I can take it or leave it.  Either way, my overarching hope is that the game continues to be financially viable (and thus remain available for general play).  From what I see (and expect from WG) is for this company to try within reason to cater to the greatest number, yet remain grounded in the basic need for financial solvency in a positive manner - conducive to continued existence.  

Does this mean the deemphasis of Artillery?  ... I can't say off hand, I don't have the figures, nor access to WG's books ... I can only hope that any and all actions regarding game play ... reflect the intent for the greatest level of perceived satisfaction for the greatest number of participants ... given the reality and limits of a diverse player base WITH a reasonable profit margin - per its business intent..

xtcmax #14 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:48

Captain

• Players
  • 37490 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS
Stop paying WG money. Once the cash flow is reduced they will start thinking. Simple. Instead of whining on forums, stop giving them cash and watch their attitude change.

Gunadie #15 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 37134 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Mar 16 2017 - 11:28, said:

​Many in this forum find your attitude disgusting but War Shaming doesn't remove you and your retarded anigay, poor music choices and arrogant bold purple text!

Why should you think its alright to be so intolerant to those that don't share your view.

Many put up with you because its part of the game.

Well my "FRIEND" so is arty!

How would you like it if a chunk of players sought to remove the E25

There is a number of things that are wrong with many tanks

Who are you to sit on your high horse and tell others they are not entitled to have fun as well

in a tank class that's been in the game for longer than the E25

What War gaming has done to this class of tank is disgusting and now with this retarded SANDBOX server they are upping their

garbage and making it even worse

The only thing you are right about is that they should remove it from the game.

They failed to take the players advice on how to fix it

Instead they did every thing but what the players asked for in respect to the corrective changes

And now they are making it a whole lot worse for the game with this retarded stun effect!

I have all but stopped playing arty because its a junk class in terms of enjoyment to play

and if I have to put up with that demented stun effect as a regular tanker War Shaming can kiss my [edited]good bye.

Dockmaster #16 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40411 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

It's called World of Tanks. Not World of Tanks and Artillery.

Having said that artillery is an integral part of the game despite it's unpopularity. 

I'm really hoping the changes will bring some sanity/reality to the class. I can understand tanks being directly hit by a barrage but how can a tank get one shot BEYOND VISUAL RANGE. That's my beef with arty.

I'm also talking from experience. I worked my way up to the GWE 100 so I could learn how to defend myself from arty and promptly sold it the second I need silver.

cartires #17 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:53

Captain

• Players
  • 34763 battles
  • [ALKMY] ALKMY
The "aragance" are you kidding ...that mechanic should never have been introdused in to the game! Getting one shot or just shot by a clicker when moving -zig zaging or having a great time one on one with an enemy player- poking firing back and fourth only to killed by arty????!!! Forget you and your arty..

Gunadie #18 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 37134 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View Postcartires, on Mar 16 2017 - 11:53, said:

The "aragance" are you kidding ...that mechanic should never have been introdused in to the game! Getting one shot or just shot by a clicker when moving -zig zaging or having a great time one on one with an enemy player- poking firing back and fourth only to killed by arty????!!! Forget you and your arty.. The aragance of you to make such a post!!

Ya like getting clipped out and removed by auto loaders before one can reload their second shell is also "FAIR PLAY"

That a mechanic that should never have been introduced as well!

1K1LLuDi3 #19 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20001 battles
  • [PIKE] PIKE

View PostNightmare_Luna, on Mar 16 2017 - 13:49, said:

kill yourself

^^^

Nudnick #20 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 20259 battles

View Postxtcmax, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:48, said:

Stop paying WG money. Once the cash flow is reduced they will start thinking. Simple. Instead of whining on forums, stop giving them cash and watch their attitude change.

I actually sent them a ticket to tell their boss I'm not buying anymore premiums until arty is gone. Why spend real money to get one shotted when you can do it for free ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users