The Death of Arty - is everyone happy now?

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

OrnmiIler #381 Posted Nov 24 2017 - 00:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostJRingo20, on Nov 23 2017 - 18:07, said:

Already stopped paying and playing.

+1

As with many others, our sentiments are running parallel presently, but I would jump back into the Random pay/play fray in a second if WoT woke up and went back onto a 9.17 dynamic path once again.

Otherwise I’m unwavering in solidarity versus the WoT/whiner 9.18 dark detour to Nowhereville!

Split the two, Pro/Anti-SPG, factions permanently in WoT Random.

http://forum.worldof...9#entry11331819

Click to follow link> #1

rrobilla51 #382 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 20:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 22858 battles
  • [LDPLR] LDPLR
I hate arty, but the fact remains that arty is an integral part of war, and after all is said and done, this is a war game.  you dont like being one shot, then play some arty and return the favor.    and what idiot had the idea you should not be able to be killed if the opponent cant see you in visable range.   in real life arty almost never has the target in visable range, thats the whole concept. spotters call in co-ordinates and arty rains down hell on that spot.   dont like arty?  join the service and find yourself in a real battle you will begin to appreciate the fact that arty located 10 miles away has your back.  Yes, I hate arty in this game, but removing it is not the answer..   nor is decreasing its effectiveness.   learn to play under the conditions as they are and stop looking for wargaming to make the game easier for you to play.

Double_O7 #383 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 00:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4166 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Mar 16 2017 - 13:35, said:

2.5 percent of your game play is in arty.  We have been berfed many times and  our hit rate is notoriously low.  If we negatively effect you game play  it is because your have players on your team that do not know how to manage their tanks and put them in the open or we have great spotters on our team picking our your weknesses.  Your stats are great but your dont play arty (2.5% of your play) so you do not know what our mechanics are like to play.

Most of the times when I get hit by arty, I'm NOT in the open (I am typically hugging a building or a hill/mountain. You know that arties have a steeper firing arch that most people think. Most of the times that any tank is in the open arty does nothing.

STORY TIME:

I was playing in my IS the other day in a t8 game on Redshire (0 line of the map) and I was facing 3 tier 8s plus a KV2 alone (oho, t34, king tiger). I destroyed the T34 and KV2 and badly damaged the king tiger (lower glacis plate is weak), but didnt even penn the oho once because I only have 175mm pen. I was calling for help the whole time from our THREE arties telling them that TWO, SLOW, AND FAT heavy tanks were way out in the open and they did nothing. They told me I was useless and that the front wasn't worth protecting. Eventually the oho got brave and shot me a few times and the KT backed off and ran for it. I died a slow and painful death because I couldn't open the oho (to be honest I should have just rushed him or the KT and done an extra 500 damage). I did over 3000 dmg that battle and blocked over 1000 which was more than twice the damage they all did combined. We lost.

THE TRAGIC END

Let's be honest, arties don't prevent camping, because they don't even shoot at campers. They don't watch the map for red dots rapidly getting closer to them. They only focus on fronts with the easiest targets, which are typically on the front that doesn't need any arty support because it's a lemming train. They spend way to much time trying to counter-battery other arties when they could be shooting at tanks "in the open". Not really trying to step on toes or be insulting, but just saying.

crudemindsx11 #384 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 12:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 10402 battles
  • [-THB-] -THB-
alot of good tankers are always protected -sheltered in valleys ,behind buildings -rocks- they always move making it harder for us to hit you , these are the real players who know and are aware of artillery - arty arching depends on it's characteristics , the obj 261 has no arc making it very hard to do DMG, never mind the DMG per minute , or specified DMG per shell ,everyone knows thats bull , yes with the perfect shot , maybe if your lucky and destroy the ammo rack . they nerfed the obj 261 so bad even the su14/1 can do more DMG and this has a ridiculous reload time , light tanks have better DMG per shot . the point is that i have to accept this change and deal with  it, people wan't us out of the game but continously whine they get no support , well guess what ,stop putting the other team in a better defencive position ,stop playing the notorious one side of the map ,the two sole tanks usually a destroyer and light covering the open flank get out outmost attention ,so if we are three artillery well at least these boys have a better chance to survive after all all they have to do is keep them lit ,  even at tier ten this is an ongoing problem, arty's not the problem , tankers  created this problem and still keep doing it game after game , war gaming must be rolling over laughing at this , i am 100% sure any really good tanker actually recommends defence before offence . I'M no pro by any means but i am not blind . if i can have fun at my level then there must be others too,so here's the solution , a level option ( easy- hard- harder)and once your stats reach a certain percentage a lower level cannot be played , if matchmaking would have a sole tier per game then it would be more fair .

GeorgePreddy #385 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 13:32

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

The Death of Arty - is everyone happy now?

I am not happy because it never actually died.

crudemindsx11 #386 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 12:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 10402 battles
  • [-THB-] -THB-
oh i agree , random m/m is best ,usually being two tiers lower gives me more XP in a good game , artillery damaging two tiers higher and coming out on top kinda tells you that somthing wen't south in the game and this is what everybody freaks on  , shooting a type 5 heavy with the 263 is a joke , or a T-95 , or a tortise - these tanks can camp and not be worried,along with a few other models, i can pick  off bat chats ,amxs on the go ,do it all the time,but so do tankers all the time ,we see it all the time , we see what's going on ,we relay messages to reposition for incoming offence, help you acknowledge open flanks, infiltrating lights that are somtemes just a blip, we actually do more for a team (key word-TEAM) than  75% of tankers , tankers focus on whats in front we focus on the whole map for the team , i've been playing this game since it came out and still have so much to learn ,you are right LOGIC is key , yesterday i got a message  (why did you steal my kill ) my answer was (you wen't from 100% health to 20 %) perfect logic , save his [edited],live to shoot another,actually maybe even reposition for a longer life . But that was stupid on my part i guess after all after playing over 10000 arty games in both formats what do i know.

ArcticTankHunter #387 Posted Mar 03 2018 - 23:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10761 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

I'm totally fine with artillery death in this game. Didn't like them when they can outspot and one shot non-armor TDs.

Note: The other thing WG should seriously do for new maps is stop putting 2-3 way choke points, so other tank classes can actually flank Super heavies.

I had enough with three super heavies steamrolling all three flanks too easily because there is no way of flanking. Heavies are by far the easiest tanks to play out of all classes unless they don't truly have armor(KV tanks). Stick turret out and shoot. With all the new heavies added recently Tier 6-7 facing T8 is a total joke. None of the mediums or LT have proper pen against heavies until tier 8. Even then T8 cannot truly penetrate T9 or T10 super heavies in the front, they are as slow as the heavy tanks(most mediums). 40km/h isn't fast enough.

bowler8052 #388 Posted Mar 06 2018 - 10:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25851 battles

View PostArcticTankHunter, on Mar 03 2018 - 23:01, said:

I'm totally fine with artillery death in this game. Didn't like them when they can outspot and one shot non-armor TDs.

Note: The other thing WG should seriously do for new maps is stop putting 2-3 way choke points, so other tank classes can actually flank Super heavies.

I had enough with three super heavies steamrolling all three flanks too easily because there is no way of flanking. Heavies are by far the easiest tanks to play out of all classes unless they don't truly have armor(KV tanks). Stick turret out and shoot. With all the new heavies added recently Tier 6-7 facing T8 is a total joke. None of the mediums or LT have proper pen against heavies until tier 8. Even then T8 cannot truly penetrate T9 or T10 super heavies in the front, they are as slow as the heavy tanks(most mediums). 40km/h isn't fast enough.

I didn't look up your stats, but I'm willing to wager that you haven't played much, if any Arty.  Because if you had, you wold know that Arty can't "outspot" anything.  We only see what others spot (if our radioman is good enough) and when we do drop a round on an open top TD, at any tier, it's gonna hurt.  Best advice I can give you is to invest in the Sixth Sense skill and move when it goes off, because it means you have been visible to the opposing team for two full seconds. 

bower8052

10,598 Arty battles out of 24,358 total
Ranked 91st in my LefH18B2 (2501 battles)

Lexers615 #389 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 02:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15277 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostJRingo20, on Nov 23 2017 - 18:07, said:

Already stopped paying and playing.

If you truly stopped playing then why are you still active?

VooDooKobra #390 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 02:59

Major

• Players
  • 8114 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
a year later and the overreaction that is the death of arty never happened, change happens deal with it

JRingo20 #391 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 31401 battles

View PostLexers615, on Apr 17 2018 - 19:53, said:

If you truly stopped playing then why are you still active?

I come here about once a month for giggles and played the NEW and IMPROVED update for about 15 or so games. The game is still crap, so I UN-installed.

Might come back next major update...........................or not.

rabbin #392 Posted May 19 2018 - 18:13

Private

• Players
  • 12341 battles
  • [-FU-] -FU-
As for me I am not anti arty. I play it from time to time. What concerns me is that a lot of AFVs are being squeezed out of play in favor of OP Cold War Era AFVs or what country the new class of ATV is being launched in.  For example, I stopped grinding the German tank line at the PZ IV tier V because that is were the balance for me stopped.  But during the last two up grades more importantly the last one; what little balance that remains is dead an gone. I have seen the accuracy on the derp option fail on a regular basis even at close range. That gun was the only option that gave me a fighting chance.  Now they added the P.40 at that tier, and all I can do is bounce shells. There is hardly any AFV I can defend myself against. The nerfing of the tanks does not stop with the German line which is balanced poorly to begin with, now the Hellcat should be put to sleep also since the last up date. I believe the Wargaming folks in their rush to sell premium AFVs is forgetting the huge bock of us potential premium account customers who would purchase if the regular game had real balance; not having bias for one nation over another. As for me, the game play has not been satisfactory for some time, game play today was so bad I will be checking out Warthunder. So for you arty players I feel your pain, my gaming experience has been under siege for some time now.

Woo67 #393 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 02:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1401 battles
i don't like arty but it was part of the game when you started playing and it seems that SOME NOT ALL players are mad cause they get pinned down or deleted when they go in the open no different then when someone does something stupid and blames the team. so i guess that some players want 1 to 1 MM with an OP tank and no arty or gold rounds. should WG take out the M4? after all it was an infantry tank and there is no infantry in the game. maybe get rid of arty but add the dive bombers that would attack tank.

Lexers615 #394 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 21:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15277 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostJRingo20, on Apr 24 2018 - 17:32, said:

I come here about once a month for giggles and played the NEW and IMPROVED update for about 15 or so games. The game is still crap, so I UN-installed.

Might come back next major update...........................or not.

Good point. I have to say II pretty much phased out playing WoT like that and I sometimes start playing again and phase out again out of constant dissatisfaction. Repeat.

For example, they promised great games with Frontline, but it was mostly camping galore on an oversized map, and, oh wow, campers in WWII tanks used modern day drones to spot for them, and people whining against arties used modern day stealth bombers to perform unavoidable carpet bombing...

Wrath_Of_Conn #395 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 01:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28659 battles
  • [LEPEW] LEPEW

View PostLexers615, on Jun 13 2018 - 14:03, said:

Good point. I have to say II pretty much phased out playing WoT like that and I sometimes start playing again and phase out again out of constant dissatisfaction. Repeat.

For example, they promised great games with Frontline, but it was mostly camping galore on an oversized map, and, oh wow, campers in WWII tanks used modern day drones to spot for them, and people whining against arties used modern day stealth bombers to perform unavoidable carpet bombing...

Has a point.. With CW being just end game (T10) there just isn't that much fun in the game.  Front line was a nice fresh newness,, but the grind on the same map to get those bonds .... exhausting and became boring by the last go around.  And.... yes... I played arty the all four cycles of Front line, and got the bonds!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users