The Death of Arty - is everyone happy now?

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

Gasai__Yuno #21 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 53209 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostGunadie, on Mar 16 2017 - 19:50, said:

​Many in this forum find your attitude disgusting but War Shaming doesn't remove you and your retarded anigay, poor music choices and arrogant bold purple text!

Too bad then, friend.

And as it turns out my music taste is beautiful.

I LISTEN TO ONLY SOMETHING THAT HAS SOUL.

But as an artist, I am rather lonely here in this place filled with ' flow '

You have no senses for beauty, such is this.

Turns out your ' message ' mentioning what you did,

was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY.

Do NOT Insult others.

Show some manners, my friend.

BrassFire #22 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1149 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

View Post1K1LLuDi3, on Mar 16 2017 - 21:00, said:

^^^

View PostNightmare_Luna, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:49, said:

kill yourself

Reeeeaaal classy. I hate arty too but get some freaking class.

SPG_ #23 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5823 battles
  • [SMART] SMART

Sadly, I don't have time to get on the sandbox, otherwise I would.

I do think the changes to arty are a bit hilarious (biggest guns in game doing tiny amounts of damage), but I don't think all changes are bad; that being said, I can't say for sure though, as I personally haven't tried them out.

I will say that I do agree about arty at the end of the game though; with the new implementations towards arty, they will no longer be able to do anything when left alone (it's hard enough to to carry matches at the end of the game with current arty system). As someone who doesn't suicide when the going gets rough, I feel like this will only make things harder (and increase arty suicides from scumbag players).

But again, as I said, I can't really say that I know this is how things will turn out. It's really just speculation. Regardless of how things turn out, I'll continue to play my arty, and enjoy it.

Driftin #24 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:05

Major

• Players
  • 25869 battles

View PostV_A_C_A, on Mar 16 2017 - 14:34, said:

You didn't understood. Everyone else will work for the unicums. The game will be transformed to help the unicums and Youtubers. They show the game and bring more people to the game (and thus, more people to help the unicums).

This is the biggest load of crap out there. WG has done everything in their power to cater to bad, I mean average players. RNG negates skill and this game has the largest spread you will find anywhere. Corridor maps where you just trade shots while derping into each other negates skill and tactics, but that is what all the maps have evolved too. I've played a fair amount of arty and can absolutely say it negates skill.  WG could give a crap about the top 1%. Everything they do is to make the stupidest person who plays this game have almost the same chance as the best player. For years WG involved top clans and league players in discussions about game changes. Pretty much every time, WG did what the pros said was the worst idea. Get you facts straight. The huge amount of players that have left since CW 2.0 came out were the top players in the game. There used to be 10-15 competitive clans at the top, now I don't think there is a single clan who could beat any of the top 5 clans from back then. WG caters to the people who spend the most. Guess how the guy with less than one shot of damage a game and a 35% WR in their tier 10 tank can play thousands of games in that tank. He is spending real money for credits and ALOT.

Kenshin2kx #25 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 13781 battles

View Postxtcmax, on Mar 16 2017 - 09:48, said:

Stop paying WG money. Once the cash flow is reduced they will start thinking. Simple. Instead of whining on forums, stop giving them cash and watch their attitude change.

Well, thats the thing ... at what point is "reduced" an effective 'objection' vs. a flag of unprofitable potential, worth the examination of continued financial viability?  If this were the RU with its player base, I would feel more comfortable in playing that game of 'financial' chicken ... with our marginal North American Server base?  Personally?  Not a good idea, unless you have global control over the actual flow of monies contributed by players en masse.  I would also point out that this company is not particularly West Centric in focus and or orientation ... not exactly leverage for massive proprietary change?

manimal79 #26 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 33277 battles

View PostNudnick, on Mar 16 2017 - 11:28, said:

The death of arty sounds good to me. They should just dump it and get it over with.

Once and IF arty is completely eliminated, people will find something else to whine and cry about.

conductor_ #27 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 22168 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L
Artillery actually exists. Like... in real life. Those who advocate for the removal or nerfing of arty should consider playing a different game. Like tanks for [edited]. Or... fantasy tanks... You are all a bunch of candy asses.

SPG_ #28 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5823 battles
  • [SMART] SMART

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Mar 16 2017 - 14:03, s

Do NOT Insult others.

*tells others to not be insulting*

*proceeds to insult arty players, and pretty much anyone in general who disagrees with you and your inflated ego*

Gasai__Yuno #29 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 53209 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View PostSPG_, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:11, said:

*tells others to not be insulting*

*proceeds to insult arty players, and pretty much anyone in general who disagrees with you and your inflated ego*

What is the TRUTH is not an INSULT.

SEE the difference, my friend.

Wrath_Of_Conn #30 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21592 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:51, said:

It's called World of Tanks. Not World of Tanks and Artillery.

Having said that artillery is an integral part of the game despite it's unpopularity. 

I'm really hoping the changes will bring some sanity/reality to the class. I can understand tanks being directly hit by a barrage but how can a tank get one shot BEYOND VISUAL RANGE. That's my beef with arty.

I'm also talking from experience. I worked my way up to the GWE 100 so I could learn how to defend myself from arty and promptly sold it the second I need silver.

You picked absolute worst line to go up.  The Obj. 261 is the best of the T10 arty.  Cudos to you for playing arty enough so you can understand where we can hi and where we can not hit.

Kenshin2kx #31 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 13781 battles

View Postconductor_, on Mar 16 2017 - 10:10, said:

Artillery actually exists. Like... in real life. Those who advocate for the removal or nerfing of arty should consider playing a different game. Like tanks for [edited]. Or... fantasy tanks... You are all a bunch of candy asses.

If WoT were a textbook tank simulator (or perhaps a Land Battlefield Simulator) ... I don't think you'd get much argument ... thing is, much of the game (even admitted by WG) is purely arcade in comparative reality.  One can argue, that there is more accuracy in describing the game as World of Fantasy Tanks ... than "real tanks".  So WG has consciously cherry picked 'real' elements to promote in he game, as well as almost completely ficticious additions for game balance expedience.  So, in reality ... or I should say, "reality" is absolutely negotiable as far as WG is concerned - as displayed by its very actions.

Wrath_Of_Conn #32 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21592 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

View Postcartires, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:53, said:

The "aragance" are you kidding ...that mechanic should never have been introdused in to the game! Getting one shot or just shot by a clicker when moving -zig zaging or having a great time one on one with an enemy player- poking firing back and fourth only to killed by arty????!!! Forget you and your arty..

Learn to spell please.  If you are hit in a light while zig zagging is a function of RNG and luck.  The reticle bloom on arty is atrocious for those pin point shots.  I have done it, but know its luck more than skill.

SmirkingGerbil #33 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:21

Major

• Players
  • 33594 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
kbai!

tiadashi #34 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:29

Captain

• Players
  • 19808 battles

View PostGunadie, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:58, said:

Ya like getting clipped out and removed by auto loaders before one can reload their second shell is also "FAIR PLAY"

That a mechanic that should never have been introduced as well!

Yes I wonder what will be next on the complainers list - lets get rid of it all until theres just a vanilla bland game

Mad_Dog_Seabee #35 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5446 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

Time for a non-artillery player to defend artillery class. Before I say anything, however, let me leave a small disclaimer: 

I am sober. I am an adult. I can handle dying without raging. 

Now, to give my two cents: Artillery in this game, cause the enemy to be more defensive and tactical when they move, as SPGs can shut down tanks rather fast if they get a good roll of the dice. A match without artillery honestly scares the hell out of me because I know that the enemy team will have no reason to not full out blitzkrieg their way to victory turning a 15-minute match into a 3-minute match.

I do not play SPGs because I honestly do not have the patience to sit in the same spot for too long, nor the patience to deal with match after match of zero damage because I got bad rolls of the dice in the Accuracy Department.

Now you can tear this reply apart and pick at it piece by piece but I really honestly enjoy playing on a team with SPGs, and I honestly enjoy spotting for them, especially when my Tiger I cannot pen that Defender but I can at least keep him lit and tracked long enough for my Artillery teammates to punish him.

Wirbelfeld #36 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18783 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Mar 16 2017 - 19:35, said:

Gasai__Yuno,

2.5 percent of your game play is in arty.  We have been berfed many times and  our hit rate is notoriously low.  If we negatively effect you game play  it is because your have players on your team that do not know how to manage their tanks and put them in the open or we have great spotters on our team picking our your weknesses.  Your stats are great but your dont play arty (2.5% of your play) so you do not know what our mechanics are like to play.

You dont need to play arty to understand the mechanics. I will agree with you that arty does h ave a place in cw currently, but shouldnt really exist outside of it.  The problem with arty is there is no way to defend yourself against arty. They just sit at the back and take shots at you and they either miss or hit. They DONT TAKE RISKS that other tanks have to when shooting. they dont have to learn map positions.

I_Like_Tuwtles #37 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16050 battles
To compensate for less damage and pen WG gave them quicker reloads and huge splash radius. The CGC, T92 and GW all have 15m splash, so they will stun your crew and kill crew members constantly.

addiboy5207 #38 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 4821 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-

View Postconductor_, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:10, said:

I might be wrong, but artillery in this era wasn't used for direct anti tank fire. So it probably didn't use AP shells.

ArmorStorm #39 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 32269 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostNightmare_Luna, on Mar 16 2017 - 13:49, said:

kill yourself

THAT was in no way necessary.  

ArmorStorm #40 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 32269 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

This is their "death by a thousand cuts" way of dealing with arty.  They won't just pull arty out of the game, the outcry would be staggering.  The plan then is to simply make SPGs so bad that nobody plays them.  Completely BS way to do it, they should just remove arty and compensate the players if they don't want it in the game anymore. 

Hell, if they simply stopped letting people research and buy them they would eventually fade away. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users