The Death of Arty - is everyone happy now?

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

iDestroya #341 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48366 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO
it's amazing how many ignorant fools there are in this game. 

Thornir #342 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 26549 battles

Arty has been a part of the game since before any of you got here.

Part.

of.

the.

game.

You are not bound in place. As with any game, if you don't like it, you can move along. I'm not an arty player and I don't like getting hit by it, but there are people that are invested in this class just like any of the others, and they have as much right to play the class they enjoy as anyone else.

The game isn't perfect with or without arty. Making it perfect for YOU [edited]it up for someone else. Your desires trump no one else's. Deal.

Boomer_Thorsen #343 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 22:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17853 battles
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ
Arty only players really need to get a life.  Post 9.18 the game is mostly unplayable and definitely no fun, at least for tank drivers.   I  have zero respect for arty players, they are a pox on this game.  I want an option to not be in the queue for games that include more than ONE arty per team.   Since that is not available I just exit the game when I see more than one and find something else to play.. Needless to say I don't play 10% as many games per day as I did before 9.18.  Clan scrims and Tourneys are still fun but random battles are a PITA most of the time.

stalkervision #344 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 51105 battles
That is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black.

Wrath_Of_Conn #345 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 00:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25307 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostBoomer_Thorsen, on Jun 05 2017 - 15:20, said:

Arty only players really need to get a life.  Post 9.18 the game is mostly unplayable and definitely no fun, at least for tank drivers.   I  have zero respect for arty players, they are a pox on this game.  I want an option to not be in the queue for games that include more than ONE arty per team.   Since that is not available I just exit the game when I see more than one and find something else to play.. Needless to say I don't play 10% as many games per day as I did before 9.18.  Clan scrims and Tourneys are still fun but random battles are a PITA most of the time.

Haaaaaaaaa......    this is so funny!    Get your [edited]out from the open, play smart and arty is not a big issue.  BTW we arty hate 9.18 more than you do.  Tell PA I said HEY.

Grendel61 #346 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 12:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41197 battles
  • [XCOM3] XCOM3

View Postxtcmax, on Mar 16 2017 - 19:48, said:

Stop paying WG money. Once the cash flow is reduced they will start thinking. Simple. Instead of whining on forums, stop giving them cash and watch their attitude change.

I've spent my last dollar on WG.  I don't play a lot of arty but have played enough to grind to 2 tier 10's.  And they're highly ineffective now. 

stalkervision #347 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 13:44

Major

• Players
  • 51105 battles

View PostGrendel61, on Jun 06 2017 - 06:52, said:

I've spent my last dollar on WG.  I don't play a lot of arty but have played enough to grind to 2 tier 10's.  And they're highly ineffective now. 

​They sure are. Your lucky as heck to do any substantial damage now. One has to hit a heavy tank as much as a booze hound hit the bar and slots in Vegas to kill a heavy.

ViseGrip #348 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 13:48

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 38701 battles

It's funny that you kids in here think you know something about arty and the so called effects it should have or not have in game. When most of you probably are not out of diapers yet and still suckin on mom and dads tit. Like it or not a good Arty player is an important part of any team and can turn a battle. I have seen first hand what a 90lb arty shell fired from 20 miles away does to a tank when it hits................It vaporizes it. there is no tank. Doesn't matter where it hits, the tank is destroyed. The crew is dead............Be thankful you have a repair kit and a med kit. The people complaining about arty. You are the real problem in game. To you arty is ok as long as when you get hit it does no damage and your crew lives. You are the ones that run out and die in less than 5 minutes. You think your a hero and run out in the open trying to take on 6 tanks with a scout and then complain cause you got nailed by arty,  You people are a joke. With you padded stats.

WG's real screw up was coming up with a server  naming it the sandbox and listening to a bunch of keyboard warriors that think they know something about tanks. LOLOLOL

What you idiots should really be complaining about is the op TD's that's 5,6,7, per side then  park behind a bush at the back of the map and set there while the team all dies.BHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ViseGrip #349 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 13:56

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 38701 battles

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 23 2017 - 17:11, said:

Keep your opinions and suggestions coming.  Per WG developers if the stun is not well received (and it is not) then they have said the next step is to remove SPG.

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 23 2017 - 17:11, said:

Keep your opinions and suggestions coming.  Per WG developers if the stun is not well received (and it is not) then they have said the next step is to remove SPG.

Well I like playing arty. If they remove it completely out of game...... I am done. WG can piss off.

SmirkingGerbil #350 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 22:15

Major

• Players
  • 33923 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostViseGrip, on Jun 06 2017 - 06:48, said:

It's funny that you kids in here think you know something about arty and the so called effects it should have or not have in game. When most of you probably are not out of diapers yet and still suckin on mom and dads tit. Like it or not a good Arty player is an important part of any team and can turn a battle. I have seen first hand what a 90lb arty shell fired from 20 miles away does to a tank when it hits................It vaporizes it. there is no tank. Doesn't matter where it hits, the tank is destroyed. The crew is dead............Be thankful you have a repair kit and a med kit. The people complaining about arty. You are the real problem in game. To you arty is ok as long as when you get hit it does no damage and your crew lives. You are the ones that run out and die in less than 5 minutes. You think your a hero and run out in the open trying to take on 6 tanks with a scout and then complain cause you got nailed by arty,  You people are a joke. With you padded stats.

WG's real screw up was coming up with a server  naming it the sandbox and listening to a bunch of keyboard warriors that think they know something about tanks. LOLOLOL

What you idiots should really be complaining about is the op TD's that's 5,6,7, per side then  park behind a bush at the back of the map and set there while the team all dies.BHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Is that common? My dad doesn't have mammary enhancements, does yours? My dad is 83 years old, so I do most of the caring for now thank you. Still does your dad have a complex or something?

GonnaBBQU #351 Posted Jun 07 2017 - 00:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 36939 battles
Just stop spending money on this game..You stated you spent 2 grand on this game..That in itself is part of the problem..The more money they get there greedier they become..

Wrath_Of_Conn #352 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 04:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25307 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostGonnaBBQU, on Jun 06 2017 - 17:06, said:

Just stop spending money on this game..You stated you spent 2 grand on this game..That in itself is part of the problem..The more money they get there greedier they become..

I have spent a grand total of $14.99 since 9.18.  When my premium runs out ... its out.  Stayin till I can get a new Commander.  My guys have worked hard to get to 285... cant just leave or I would.  And BTW that 2 grand included gold and premium and stuff like that for my clan mates.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Conn, Jun 16 2017 - 04:39.

OrnmiIler #353 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 05:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Jun 15 2017 - 22:37, said:

I have spent a grand total of $14.99 since 9.18.  When my premium runs out ... its out.  Stayin till I can get a new Commander.  My guys have worked hard to get to 285... cant just leave or I would.  And BTW that 2 grand included gold and premium and stuff like that for my clan mates.

+1

WoT goes around comes right back to bite your behind…

WoT left us without any recourse but to stop spending money continually, and completely choke off those funds that once flowed readily into their coffers, in support of a once great game.

The next giant step on principle must be to wait out a major shake out, definitely anticipated somewhere down the line, of the principle culprits upstairs misguiding WoT policy and pushing 9.18-9.19 desolation of in game play.

If we don’t get back to a/the branch of perfect simplicity embedded in 9.17s traditional dynamic continuity and maintenance trajectory mode, WoT NA is a gaming fossil…Thanks WoT!

_THUNDER_BOLT_ #354 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 08:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4180 battles
  • [ETKD] ETKD

View Postcartires, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:53, said:

The "aragance" are you kidding ...that mechanic should never have been introdused in to the game! Getting one shot or just shot by a clicker when moving -zig zaging or having a great time one on one with an enemy player- poking firing back and fourth only to killed by arty????!!! Forget you and your arty..

I don't know how to break it to you - but tonight my HIT Tiger got 'One Shotted by a Scorpion G the wasn't even on the 'radar' map, let alone me seeing it. NOW WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT ARTYS BEING EXCLUSIVE AT ONE SHOTING OUT OF NOWHERE! 

stalkervision #355 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 51105 battles

View Post_THUNDER_BOLT_, on Jun 16 2017 - 02:48, said:

I don't know how to break it to you - but tonight my HIT Tiger got 'One Shotted by a Scorpion G the wasn't even on the 'radar' map, let alone me seeing it. NOW WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT ARTYS BEING EXCLUSIVE AT ONE SHOTING OUT OF NOWHERE! 

​He clueless as most bashers are. Arty has no armor and little health and since the patch has the worst view range in the game even with binos except for special premiums. Arty is one shot all the time and rarely see who hit us !  Do we complain about being one shot like a child as the bashers do? Never...The bashers don't have little lite tanks fly through the lines to kill them when arty as manauverable as the queen Mary most of the time.

_GeorgePreddy #356 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 19:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View Poststalkervision, on May 30 2017 - 15:52, said:

No doubt this will happen to other classes of vehicles in the game once arty can't be used as a excuse for poor play anymore. Grand.

Slippery Slope

(also known as absurd extrapolation, thin edge of the wedge, camel's nose, domino fallacy)

Description: When a relatively insignificant first event is suggested to lead to a more significant event, which in turn leads to a more significant event, and so on, until some ultimate, significant event is reached, where the connection of each event is not only unwarranted but with each step it becomes more and more improbable.  Many events are usually present in this fallacy, but only two are actually required -- usually connected by “the next thing you know...”

Edited by _GeorgePreddy, Jun 16 2017 - 19:11.

OrnmiIler #357 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 23:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

The Random WoT 5 caste tank system has always been a level/neutral playing field for everyone!

The object of their mission is a unified/team win, and not ever individual/personal survival…

Thus, the downhill cult like WoT Whiner belongs in a “ONE ON ONE MODE” of choice, etcetera, not in any Random WoT team play!

PanzerGruppenstaffe #358 Posted Jul 05 2017 - 21:14

Captain

• Players
  • 41479 battles

This thread and Arty tears are Full of Win.

My Maus drinks deeply and finds the downpour nourishing! :P

Wrath_Of_Conn #359 Posted Jul 06 2017 - 04:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25307 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostPanzerGruppenstaffe, on Jul 05 2017 - 14:14, said:

This thread and Arty tears are Full of Win.

My Maus drinks deeply and finds the downpour nourishing! :P

That's okay... they are nerfing the Type Five next patch.. Your Maus  nerf is only a couple of patches away.  Get out your tissues.

Finnegan_Gromyko #360 Posted Jul 12 2017 - 22:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9403 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

I don't play arty, but probably will at some point for missions. 

That said, I don't hate arty, and nor do I buy in to the idea that Arty is Dead. 

Arty has been changed, and they can't one shot armoured tanks now, but they got buffs at the same time. 

Arty fires faster, it's more accurate, and the damage area is much wider. The big change I've seen is arty has less direct impact on heavies (if driven smartly) but a lot bigger impact on lightly armoured tanks. 

There are now areas that can't even be used on many maps because arty splash hits you when you're tucked into a giant rock. For example, the sniping rock on the B-line on Airfield used to be an awesome spot for a sniping light or fast medium, but now arty lobs shells behind you and hits you with splash damage.

As far as I'm concerned arty is just a part of the game, and while its role has changed, I don't think it's actually much better or worse than it should be. 

Learn to position yourself, be aware that arty will hit you once you're spotted, and arty just becomes part of the tactical map. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users