The Death of Arty - is everyone happy now?

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

Alky6 #41 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3569 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I find that every battle that has no arty in it is far more enjoyable and competitive.

Gunadie #42 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 36899 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostGasai__Yuno, on Mar 16 2017 - 12:03, said:

Too bad then, friend.

And as it turns out my music taste is beautiful.

I LISTEN TO ONLY SOMETHING THAT HAS SOUL.

But as an artist, I am rather lonely here in this place filled with ' flow '

You have no senses for beauty, such is this.

Turns out your ' message ' mentioning what you did,

was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY.

Do NOT Insult others.

Show some manners, my friend.

​Some of us have testicular fortitude and don't hide behind a phony vail while indirectly insulting others.

You think you should be able to sit in a bush with overly OP Klingon cloaked silhouette and plink an unrealistically

high rof in obscurity while others spot for you.

There you sit in the comfort of others labour and receive no counter fire, if all goes well, while your teammates take the brunt of return fire.

This is very similar to how arty is played other than the ROF is hugely different and the damage per minute is usually a lot less.

As I said personal preference is all about choice.

Respect is about understanding and tolerating that other are different.

Many people have different tastes, some are deeper and more developed as we mature to appreciate a wider variety.

Most "artists" I've met are flakey, overly sensitive and intolerant of others that don't spouse to their point of view.

If you choose to stand out in public with a sign around your neck that says "HEY, LOOK AT ME!"

and you choose to swim against the flow instead of going with it, then you should/can expect people will smirk and taunt you for it.

I like all aspects of the game and I also RESPECT each one of them and how they are meant to be part of a bigger picture of enjoyment

As this is a game for everyone. Not some ridged single sided "that's not enjoyable to me, so remove it" concept.

Edited by Gunadie, Mar 17 2017 - 02:27.

Gunadie #43 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 36899 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostWirbelfeld, on Mar 16 2017 - 12:32, said:

You dont need to play arty to understand the mechanics. I will agree with you that arty does h ave a place in cw currently, but shouldnt really exist outside of it.  The problem with arty is there is no way to defend yourself against arty. They just sit at the back and take shots at you and they either miss or hit. They DONT TAKE RISKS that other tanks have to when shooting. they dont have to learn map positions.

Its a team concept

You play as a team to win

Their side gets hit with your arty and your arty does the same to the other.

The singular mindset that its me alone against arty is a flawed viewpoint

Gunadie #44 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:50

Major

• Players
  • 36899 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

My question or all those posting here is:

"Have you actually experienced the arty stun effect in sandbox?

It is absolutely HORRIBLE!

Wirbelfeld #45 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:50

Captain

• Players
  • 19310 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostGunadie, on Mar 16 2017 - 20:48, said:

Its a team concept

You play as a team to win

Their side gets hit with your arty and your arty does the same to the other.

The singular mindset that its me alone against arty is a flawed viewpoint

Yes but just beacuse both teams get a broken game mechanic doesnt make it a good mechanic.

If everyone had a nuke they could use to wipe all the hp on the entire map on both teams, would that be okay? Everyone gets the mechanic so it would be fair right?

Mudman24 #46 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 35754 battles
I fully support any changes that arty players call "the death of arty".

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #47 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 13757 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Mar 16 2017 - 14:04, said:

Hello,

I have applied to the Sandbox as a tester. I am an all arty player and I am an above average player (WN8 1086, 20K games Recent WN8 of 1460). I want to be part of this development as it stands a very great probably to effect my entire gaming experience. I have watched the YouTube video that your developer's have commented on these reclassification of arty. I have clan members in the sandbox and received their feedback on the redevelopment of the arty functions. I am concerned that not enough arty players are in the sandbox. My concerns are in order of importance:

1) As arty I will no longer be able to defend myself at the end of games. When lights particularly arty hunt. With the reduction in alpha and this stun mechanism, arty will not be able to kill anything that is coming in on it. NOT a great gaming experience.

HA! so know you know what its like to face arty yourself and you dont like it?...so you dont like a mechanic where you cant hit back at the people who are hitting you? AHAAHAHAHHAHA ....the irony drips from this. You should just play to the fact that lights are on the map the same way every arty guy tells you to avoid arty.

2) At tiers 8-10 arty currently does have a place in clan wars. With this redevelopment of our capabilities, there is no reason for a clan to bring a tank that already has smaill HP life when the tanks Alpha is reduced. I have talked a with top 100 clan (Triad) and many lowered ranked clans (my own clan is ranked 432), and strategically and tactically there is not any perceived benefit to bringing this "new" arty to clan wars. NOT a great gaming experience.

completely incorrect and arty is still used not sure who youre playing with that doesnt....but tissituatinonal depending on map and callers pref.

3) Counter battery is obsolete. There is not any point in stunning opposing arty. One of the key roles arty plays is counter battery. Removing enemy arty is one of my primary roles as it allows my team to be more offensive. The reduction of the alpha means I can not kill an arty with one shot (thinking of the T10 Bat Chat arty) and stunning is a moot point because my forces are too far away at the beginning of the game to take advange of the stun. NOT a great gaming experience.

counter battery hasnt been a thing since they removed the tracers...happens in CW/SH but rarely in pubs cause arty would rather shoot tanks that are spotted.

4) I have spent approximately $5000.00 USD over the past two years for gold and premiuim accounts for my husband's account.(Green_Griffin WN8 1189 clan TRIAD) gifts to clan members for good performance, and my own account. I invest in this game.  I am being made ineffective by these changes and can not add any value to the games I enjoy, clan wars, advances, detach. These changes I believe are meant to pacify the public matches. Your developer's state that this is a means of having pub teams include arty more in their strategy and game play. You are not in touch with your game. Pub's do not form platoons very often. Most platoons come as platoons from the MM. Pub matches aren't very strategic. It is more a straight up tactical battle with tanks (hopefully) going to positions that best suit their particular tank. Again, this will NOT promote arty inclusion to public play. NOT a great gaming experience.

Your $$$ is irrelevant....you dont think others have spent money on this game?...your entitlement is leaking.

5) The arrogance of the developer's in your You Tube video was just staggering. Yes, they know how much arty is hated. Yes, they are going to deal with arty mechanics to pacify everyone. This may not be a direct quote but the staggering arrogance of a company to address a class many of us love and have invested in is appalling. So you understand, I can only one shot a full health heavy if they are at least one tier down from me, usually two tiers. I have to run a premium shell with splash to do it as well. These heavies are usually sitting still in the open, ie, they dont play their tank well. I do admit that on rare occassion I have one shot a light on the run, but, I truly believe that has more to do with 4 perks skills on my crew, good rng, and some level of skill on my part than as the single attribute of the tank class I am in.

No ones cares about your personal feelings...same way you care nothing for the rest of the players who are complaining. Arrogance? like the arrogance of wanting to shoot for free all game without consequences. Amazed by your lack of self awareness.

6) I do not know if I will get the standard reply from you on this ticket (Thank you we will investigate) or if you will get me in the Sandbox where I can legitimately provide my feedback to your developers) I can not just sit and wait for my game mechanics (Arty) to so drastically change, without trying to be part of their development.

Your ticket will get the same response that the 1000's of arty complainers got...#dealwithIT.

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Mar 16 2017 - 23:43.

Gunadie #48 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 36899 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostWirbelfeld, on Mar 16 2017 - 12:50, said:

Yes but just beacuse both teams get a broken game mechanic doesnt make it a good mechanic.

If everyone had a nuke they could use to wipe all the hp on the entire map on both teams, would that be okay? Everyone gets the mechanic so it would be fair right?

​Its only broken because they use NUKES and not bombs that should do no more damage than the mean (or average) damage of the same tier tanks.

This was a STRONG suggestion by hundred in the forums from as far back as I can recall and war gaming has yet to attempt this as a remedial solution.

Proxy spotting is not a trait that only arty uses in this game

Gunadie #49 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 36899 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostHanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42, on Mar 16 2017 - 12:52, said:

better change your text color or the Mods will be on you like white on rice!

Red is exclusive use of the Mods and all WG staff alike in the forums

Gunadie #50 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 36899 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Mar 16 2017 - 12:15, said:

You picked absolute worst line to go up.  The Obj. 261 is the best of the T10 arty.  Cudos to you for playing arty enough so you can understand where we can hi and where we can not hit.

It was a great line up to the GW panther

Then WG made all those horrible changes and added the GWTp and that's where the  game trashing started with respect to arty.

Wrath_Of_Conn #51 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24241 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

View PostWirbelfeld, on Mar 16 2017 - 21:32, said:

You dont need to play arty to understand the mechanics. I will agree with you that arty does h ave a place in cw currently, but shouldnt really exist outside of it.  The problem with arty is there is no way to defend yourself against arty. They just sit at the back and take shots at you and they either miss or hit. They DONT TAKE RISKS that other tanks have to when shooting. they dont have to learn map positions.

I agree, many arty park their butts and shoot OP.  The truly fun arty (at least for me) are the short sighted FV, Grill, and GC.  You have to move with battle and be both tactical and strategic.  Maybe the nerf here, should be shortened range  and increased speed.  They have to be togeather because when your in a Russian Tier 8 and going 10 KPH you truly can not be tactical.

Wrath_Of_Conn #52 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24241 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

View PostGunadie, on Mar 16 2017 - 21:50, said:

My question or all those posting here is:

"Have you actually experienced the arty stun effect in sandbox?

It is absolutely HORRIBLE!

This topic was started because I submitted a ticket to WoT because they will NOT let me join the sandbox.  My feedback on sandbox arty comees from clanmates who are in the sandbox and from the videos the developers have posted.  WoT instructed me to post mt feedback to this forum.  So... I did.  Wow... the amount of people who are totally focused on their own gaming experience is phenominal, as much are their egos as well.   But all is good if it gets the Developers notice!  I welcome everyone's feedback, positive or not.  GG Guys!

SdKfz252 #53 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 9475 battles
  • [-IVI-] -IVI-

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Mar 16 2017 - 14:04, said:

4) I have spent approximately $5000.00 USD over the past two years for gold and premiuim accounts for my husband's account.

>$5000.00 USD

FrozenKemp #54 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 41562 battles

(1) Well that sucks and it will hit me too when I play arty but considering tanks can't shoot back at artillery... too bad...

(2) I don't see what the hp pool of artillery has to do with Clan Wars.  I'm pretty sure it's always been up to players to decide what is worth bringing to Clan Wars.  There are lots of vehicles of all classes that aren't brought to CW.

(3) So it's going to be more difficult to counterbattery.  Maybe that means that WG needs to provide additional ways for arty to see each other when they fire, like a map ping.  CB happens so rarely that this isn't really a big overall concern IMO.

(4) How much money you spent on the game is not actually a reason for a company not to balance the game. 

(5) There's no "arrogance" in deciding to change the class.  Rebalancing is part of the natural process of game development. 

I do play some artillery (looks like 6% of my games) and enjoy it when I do, BUT:  I will say that I was shocked when I was able to one shot a Bat Chat 50t in a British tier 9 artillery once, and artillery should be able to one shot enemy tanks. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Mar 16 2017 - 22:46.

KenadianCSJ #55 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 13564 battles
If only your fears of arty dying out were true. If only.

_kumicho_ #56 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31932 battles
its better this way, i love the stun mechanic.. great idea. sure, its annoying as hell, but, its very strategic now rather then the overly simplified top down death from the sky it never should have been.

HippoLeef #57 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 586 battles

I had alot of fun testing the new German Tier 10 Heavy Tank thanks to Artillery.

Wrath_Of_Conn #58 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24241 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

View PostHanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42, on Mar 16 2017 - 21:52, said:

Hanz,  totally good with lights coming in on me at the end of games.  I just want to keep the ability to shoot and kill them when they do.  Arty in CW after these nerfs will not happen, why bring reduced HP for very little effect. (read the complete comment).  I run no mods except XVM and I still see tracers and can counter battery,  I am not entitled, but I am a player who has invested in the game and I have the same opportunity as you to express my viewpoint and try to gain the developers attention to my feedback.  Arrogance for defending the entire class of artillery?  If it is arrogant of me ... so be it.  Will my feedback get to the developers???  Only with a high level on comments to become a HOT topic.  Thank you for your comments and in making this a hot topic.

Guilty_By_Association_xD #59 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:54

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
Arty finally getting the re-balance  it should have gotten 5 years ago. 

FrozenKemp #60 Posted Mar 16 2017 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 41562 battles

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Mar 16 2017 - 16:37, said:

Wow... the amount of people who are totally focused on their own gaming experience is phenominal

This is just the pot calling the kettle black.  Because your play experience is almost entirely bound up in playing artillery, your perspective is just as one-sided.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users