Jump to content


Time to start issuing PERM game bans.

Map glitchers/cheaters

  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Skeleton #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 12:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

I am getting tired of it and it is become a major problem.

 

That is MAP glitching/cheaters!

 

Exploiting flaws in your maps that are allowing these players to get into the grayed out areas of the map.  

 

This is giving them HUGE unfair advantages over other players.  (One very notable one is on Mountain Pass, where they can be on our side of the map and have a huge strategic advantage thus making that map incredibly unbalanced.  

 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3818/32675666233_63bf16dbb4_z.jpg

 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3818/32675666233_63bf16dbb4_z.jpg

 

 

 

It is simply cheating and gaining an advantage over everyone by exploiting the maps and playing them in a way they were not meant to be played (making them extremely unbalanced)

 

This is all well and good for players want to have fun in TRAINING rooms but to be going into pubs and getting the unfair advantage should not be allowed whatsoever.

 

Time to start issuing bans, it is getting to the point nearly every match someone is off map (in gray area's) exploiting and farming.



ExclamationMarx #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 12:51

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1595 battles
  • 473
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
  • Member since:
    12-25-2015

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 06:48, said:

I am getting tired of it and it is become a major problem.

 

That is MAP glitching/cheaters!

 

Exploiting flaws in your maps that are allowing these players to get into the grayed out areas of the map.  

 

This is giving them HUGE unfair advantages over other players.  (One very notable one is on Mountain Pass, where they can be on our side of the map and have a huge strategic advantage thus making that map incredibly unbalanced.  

 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3818/32675666233_63bf16dbb4_z.jpg

 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3818/32675666233_63bf16dbb4_z.jpg

 

 

 

It is simply cheating and gaining an advantage over everyone by exploiting the maps and playing them in a way they were not meant to be played (making them extremely unbalanced)

 

This is all well and good for players want to have fun in TRAINING rooms but to be going into pubs and getting the unfair advantage should not be allowed whatsoever.

 

Time to start issuing bans, it is getting to the point nearly every match someone is off map (in gray area's) exploiting and farming.

 

​​

They are NOT cheating by exploiting "Flaws" in the maps, we call this community mountain goats, they dedicate their time to finding different/new positions on maps that are advantageous and hard to get to without a certain tank and teamwork.

 

They are not cheating, they have simply learned the game and how to play it, they are making the most of the game, it's not called cheating, it's called skill.

 

And yes, they PRACTICE is training rooms so they can use it in pubbie battles, it gives them good results! Just because you can't mountain goat but they can is no reason for WG to issue unreasonable Perma bans. The Whole goal of Mountain-goating is to give yourself an Unfair advantage over the enemy, you NEVER fight on fair terms with the enemy, it's called dying. 

 

 

P.S Love that -68 Reputation, really makes me wonder :P

 

 


Edited by ExclamationMarx, Mar 17 2017 - 12:55.


_Tsavo #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 12:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 35588 battles
  • 12,565
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
Yeah, those aren't cheats.  Try again.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 12:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19197 battles
  • 417
  • [LMFR] LMFR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012

I do the same thing for find new possition and strategy . i like be a goat lol when the game are not rigged 

 



PREDY4 #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2185 battles
  • 101
  • [RDWS] RDWS
  • Member since:
    03-08-2015

no

 

it's not a glitch or a bug or a cheat

 

... and please stop double poasting, you can possibly get a

forum ban for spamming multiples of the SAME thread !



84Doc04 #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:04

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12982 battles
  • 207
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostPREDY4, on Mar 17 2017 - 07:01, said:

no

 

it's not a glitch or a bug or a cheat

 

... and please stop double poasting, you can possibly get a

forum ban for spamming multiples of the SAME thread !

 

I laughed at the double post of this thread.  The Nerd Rage is strong with this one....

BigMeatHammer #7 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 44153 battles
  • 2,043
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
Wish I could find a glitch to win :sceptic:

gloom13 #8 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:30

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20467 battles
  • 364
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

I thought anyone can get up there with some good driving, fast tank and sometimes a helping push from a  team mate. its not very usefull to get up there but anyone could do it if they wanted to.

 

You know this is nuts, it just truly gotten to me - you think those people using their ASWD keys are cheating.

 

ANYONE CAN DO WHAT THEY DID BY PRESSING W.

 

This is as far away from cheating as you can get. This is why "cheat" claims constantly produce derision and "lol git gud" responses from people - you think pressing the W key is hacking and they dont, they think pressing W is part of the game.



Asassian7 #9 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 21976 battles
  • 10,058
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostExclamationMarx, on Mar 17 2017 - 23:51, said:

 

​​

They are NOT cheating by exploiting "Flaws" in the maps, we call this community mountain goats, they dedicate their time to finding different/new positions on maps that are advantageous and hard to get to without a certain tank and teamwork.

 

They are not cheating, they have simply learned the game and how to play it, they are making the most of the game, it's not called cheating, it's called skill.

 

And yes, they PRACTICE is training rooms so they can use it in pubbie battles, it gives them good results! Just because you can't mountain goat but they can is no reason for WG to issue unreasonable Perma bans. The Whole goal of Mountain-goating is to give yourself an Unfair advantage over the enemy, you NEVER fight on fair terms with the enemy, it's called dying. 

 

 

P.S Love that -68 Reputation, really makes me wonder :P

 

 

Its not cheating, no. But what it is is cancerous and ruins map balance and WG needs to remove the ability to get into these stupid positions because they have the ability to completely destroy the balance of the map meaning it can be almost impossible for the enemy team to win the battle simply because someone took their tank up a boost area. 

 

Not bannable, but the rule should be that if its greyed out, YOU CANT ACCESS IT.

 

Put invisible walls up if you have to. Im sick of the stupid boost meta. 



BrassFire #10 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:46

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1010 battles
  • 533
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:48, said:

I am getting tired of it and it is become a major problem.

 

That is MAP glitching/cheaters!

 

Exploiting flaws in your maps that are allowing these players to get into the grayed out areas of the map.  

 

This is giving them HUGE unfair advantages over other players.  (One very notable one is on Mountain Pass, where they can be on our side of the map and have a huge strategic advantage thus making that map incredibly unbalanced.  

 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3818/32675666233_63bf16dbb4_z.jpg

 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3818/32675666233_63bf16dbb4_z.jpg

 

 

 

It is simply cheating and gaining an advantage over everyone by exploiting the maps and playing them in a way they were not meant to be played (making them extremely unbalanced)

 

This is all well and good for players want to have fun in TRAINING rooms but to be going into pubs and getting the unfair advantage should not be allowed whatsoever.

 

Time to start issuing bans, it is getting to the point nearly every match someone is off map (in gray area's) exploiting and farming.

 

Hey look, you want to change something to fit your criteria! Wasn't that the millennial mentality you mentioned in the arty death thread?

 

Hypocrite much?

 

Block Quote

 No you should have just quit the game when you realized you didn't agree with it, rather than trying to change the game to fit your criteria, typical millennial  mentality. 

 

Quoted here in case you try to go back to that thread and edit it.

 

As everyone else has said, these people are mountain goats and know the maps well. 


Edited by BrassFire, Mar 17 2017 - 13:48.


Sunserrae #11 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14454 battles
  • 2,358
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:40, said:

Its not cheating, no. But what it is is cancerous and ruins map balance and WG needs to remove the ability to get into these stupid positions because they have the ability to completely destroy the balance of the map meaning it can be almost impossible for the enemy team to win the battle simply because someone took their tank up a boost area. 

 

Not bannable, but the rule should be that if its greyed out, YOU CANT ACCESS IT.

 

Put invisible walls up if you have to. Im sick of the stupid boost meta. 

 

Summed up nicely and to the point.

 



Mevs #12 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 13:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4037 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
Lrn 2 mountain goat nerd

Mevs #13 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:02

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4037 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 17 2017 - 13:40, said:

Its not cheating, no. But what it is is cancerous and ruins map balance and WG needs to remove the ability to get into these stupid positions because they have the ability to completely destroy the balance of the map meaning it can be almost impossible for the enemy team to win the battle simply because someone took their tank up a boost area. 

 

Not bannable, but the rule should be that if its greyed out, YOU CANT ACCESS IT.

 

Put invisible walls up if you have to. Im sick of the stupid boost meta. 

 

asassian just mad that he cant get to A,0 on mountain pass because he fell of to meany times at B,6 rip

Altwar #14 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 44795 battles
  • 1,469
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

And mountain goats are one of those things that can make playing an SPG fun at times, provided that the goat's viewpoint doesn't uncover the SPG position.

 

And that is, once a goat is discovered, I seeeeeee you and can't wait to knock you from your perch!  Of course, most player who make it to those positions are pretty intelligent and will evacuate their position if they are discovered but its still fun to have that rare opportunity to get one via SPG fire.



ratpak #15 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:37

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23311 battles
  • 2,196
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 17 2017 - 06:40, said:

Its not cheating, no. But what it is is cancerous and ruins map balance and WG needs to remove the ability to get into these stupid positions because they have the ability to completely destroy the balance of the map meaning it can be almost impossible for the enemy team to win the battle simply because someone took their tank up a boost area. 

 

Not bannable, but the rule should be that if its greyed out, YOU CANT ACCESS IT.

 

Put invisible walls up if you have to. Im sick of the stupid boost meta. 

 

agreed, so they need to stop allowing this in the League play also.  This is exactly where it is coming from.  I have watched many Gold League games and have seen boosts and goats.  If you want it stopped it needs to be made illegal there first.

Arconhawk #16 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:48

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13652 battles
  • 248
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013
OP needs to watch Overlord Prime's Twitch stream. I'd love to hear him call Overlord a cheat with how much he plays mountain goat in games.

ratpak #17 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:49

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23311 battles
  • 2,196
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostArconhawk, on Mar 17 2017 - 07:48, said:

OP needs to watch Overlord Prime's Twitch stream. I'd love to hear him call Overlord a cheat with how much he plays mountain goat in games.

 

personally I feel if every tank can't get there than no tank should be able to get there.

Jager_Gunner #18 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 14:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 700 battles
  • 81
  • [HCK] HCK
  • Member since:
    08-11-2016

View Postratpak, on Mar 17 2017 - 14:49, said:

 

personally I feel if every tank can't get there than no tank should be able to get there.

Man, only being able to go where a Tog or T95 could go... Could you imagine that?



Kirasenpai2 #19 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 15:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21586 battles
  • 679
  • [-MOON] -MOON
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014

Mate that's a solo boost that's fairly easy to get into from both sides of the map..... That map actually has roughly 23(or so) different locations for doing that you can do that on. Quiet a few of them are quiet advantageous for the team but can also leave you open for arty or the smart TD.

      Since the recent physics update in 9.14 many of these came to light and you can actually YT them for how to get in them. So yeah... Not a cheat if anyone with the horsepower can get into it.



fr0stbyt #20 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 15:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30907 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 17 2017 - 05:53, said:

Yeah, those aren't cheats.  Try again.

 

That's like saying Mei's Ice Wall exploit isn't a cheat. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users