• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #41 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 58766 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 17 2017 - 07:40, said:

Its not cheating, no. But what it is is cancerous and ruins map balance and WG needs to remove the ability to get into these stupid positions because they have the ability to completely destroy the balance of the map meaning it can be almost impossible for the enemy team to win the battle simply because someone took their tank up a boost area. 

Not bannable, but the rule should be that if its greyed out, YOU CANT ACCESS IT.

Put invisible walls up if you have to. Im sick of the stupid boost meta. 

and some of us have been sick of the stupid pick a funnel and pray meta for the past 3 years.

mt pass is pure unadulterated aids if you're in a bottom tier soft medium, LT, or even most of the soft TDs.   While I have had some carries, and massive damage farm wins on that map I haven't enjoyed a SINGLE BATTLE on that craphole map.  literally the only thing that makes that map even interesting is a yolo attempt at some of the boost spots.

OttoT #42 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45924 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Unfortunately all i can find is game play videos from three years after the 8.0 patch.  Which will not prove my statements that it was intended. however watch the video 

https://www.youtube....h?v=VD22D8cq2pc

WangOnTheLoose #43 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19635 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postratpak, on Mar 17 2017 - 08:49, said:

personally I feel if every tank can't get there than no tank should be able to get there.

That makes no sense and is completely ahistorical all at the same time.......

Skeleton #44 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 01:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View PostBrassFire, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:33, said:

Guess what? They're using the new physics to get to parts of the map they couldn't get to before! Those places were likely accessible before, but because of the bad physics people couldn't get there. Now they can.

Also, that's a freaking light tank. Of course it's gonna be able to climb up there. If it was a heavy like a Maus I'd be concerned.

Indeed brass, now perhaps you should go read what he was posting.

As he was 'trying' to incite me and troll by taking what I posted in a totally unrelated topic and apply it to what I was posting, INDEED just like you said they are getting to places now that they could NOT before, thus I am NOT trying to change something that has ALWAYS been in the game.

Edited by Skeleton, Mar 18 2017 - 01:18.

Skeleton #45 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 01:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View PostRoggg2, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:40, said:

Is this some kind of huge problem I'm not aware of?  One game in a hundred I might see someone go somewhere unexpected, and 75% of the time the position is useless to the outcome of the game.  Is everyone else seeing something different?

Same map, same spot has been exploited 100% in the last 2 days that I have had this map which was 4 times yesterday and 2 times today.  Again, as I posted it is not like this was just like once this week and then last time I remember someone abusing it was 2 months ago, no every time I have been on that map last two days as well as other maps every time I am seeing tankers far off in the grayed out parts of the map.

It is becoming a problem and needs to be dealt with.

Ignoring it will only cause WG to lose more players just like any other online gaming company that waits to long to ignore the exploiters/glitchers/cheaters/botters.

madogthefirst #46 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 20816 battles
  • [CSA-1] CSA-1

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 17 2017 - 04:40, said:

Its not cheating, no. But what it is is cancerous and ruins map balance and WG needs to remove the ability to get into these stupid positions because they have the ability to completely destroy the balance of the map meaning it can be almost impossible for the enemy team to win the battle simply because someone took their tank up a boost area. 

Not bannable, but the rule should be that if its greyed out, YOU CANT ACCESS IT.

I ran into a UDES on the enemy that could not be lit because he was up in the B0 area of Tundra. Our AMX 30 ran all around the base of the mountain and could not light him.

If it can't be reached by everyone it should not be possible to get to.

VooDooKobra #47 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 01:53

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185
sorry I respectfully disagree that anything really needs to be done about mountain goating,  when you have so many corridor maps being able to be a little creative in where you are able to take your tanks is not really a bad thing.  should every tank be able to get to every inch of the map though?  I can see mountain goating to be more useful to some classes of tanks than others, for example it would make sense for a td or a light tanks but not as much for a heavy.  mountain goating can be a huge benefit to scouting when used right imo

madogthefirst #48 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 20816 battles
  • [CSA-1] CSA-1

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:53, said:

sorry I respectfully disagree that anything really needs to be done about mountain goating,  when you have so many corridor maps being able to be a little creative in where you are able to take your tanks is not really a bad thing.  should every tank be able to get to every inch of the map though?  I can see mountain goating to be more useful to some classes of tanks than others, for example it would make sense for a td or a light tanks but not as much for a heavy.  mountain goating can be a huge benefit to scouting when used right imo

That is a very long winded way of saying "game breaking."

VooDooKobra #49 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 07:59

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Postmadogthefirst, on Mar 17 2017 - 21:00, said:

That is a very long winded way of saying "game breaking."

or being able to use the map in unique ways instead of stale corridor fights could be seen as an improvement to many

TRU_voodoo #50 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 08:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19093 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Do you watch WGLNA? If it's legal there, it's okay in pubs. Considering those players have to submit replays and python logs for every game, lol. Boosts are a part of the game that WG is aware of. They recently blocked the south climb on mines. And on the HD map reworks it looks like a lot of the common climbs will be gone, which I'm actually going to be really sad about, it's my favorite part of the game.

Manabozo #51 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 11:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44192 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK
Technically, it's a map exploit, but Wargaming seems to allow it so I see no issue with it atm.

VooDooKobra #52 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostManabozo, on Mar 18 2017 - 03:55, said:

Technically, it's a map exploit, but Wargaming seems to allow it so I see no issue with it atm.

unless WG comes out and gives a position saying its an exploit I believe that it is fair game

D8W2P4 #53 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 22:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28099 battles

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:08, said:

they are getting to places now that they could NOT before

Oh you mean like how used to we couldn't go down hills in certain areas but now we can and WG has either done nothing with the map design to stop it or has reworked the map to make it easier to do.

BrassFire #54 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 17:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1579 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 18 2017 - 01:08, said:

Indeed brass, now perhaps you should go read what he was posting.

As he was 'trying' to incite me and troll by taking what I posted in a totally unrelated topic and apply it to what I was posting, INDEED just like you said they are getting to places now that they could NOT before, thus I am NOT trying to change something that has ALWAYS been in the game.

I said that they couldn't get there before due to bad physics. Now they can because of better ones.

Jager_Gunner #55 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 884 battles
  • [HCK] HCK
I don't see why climbing these hills is such an issue to some people. It is in the game and certainly isn't cheating.

otacon237 #56 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:38

Major

• Players
  • 21721 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:40, said:

​you mad you can't farm wn8 every game because some people are creative enough to out position you?

cry me a river

also idk wth"boost meta" you're talking about I've seen it maybe a handful of times in my 20000 games

and no an injection of gameplay variety is EXACTLY what this game needs right now. not everyone takes joy in going down the same god damn corridor THOUSANDS OF [edited]TIMES

the mountain goating phenomenon is magical and glorious and should be celebrated and promoted. it is a big "[edited]you" to wg's dumb[edited] [edited]-catering corridor meta, it is a message to WG that we won't be their rats in a maze and won't accept their [edited]anymore, and I can only salute that effort

Edited by otacon237, Mar 21 2017 - 05:45.

otacon237 #57 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:43

Major

• Players
  • 21721 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:56, said:

and some of us have been sick of the stupid pick a funnel and pray meta for the past 3 years.

​yes this x 1 million

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:26, said:

That makes no sense and is completely ahistorical all at the same time.......

​that actually is an interesting point, it would be cool if WG embraced these positions and balanced them for certain tanks. for example, you wouldn't think of it but the Churchill was extremely good at vertical climbs and was even named the "mountain goat" by the british troops

AMSRocker #58 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 34706 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View PostExclamationMarx, on Mar 17 2017 - 03:51, said:

​​

They are NOT cheating by exploiting "Flaws" in the maps, we call this community mountain goats, they dedicate their time to finding different/new positions on maps that are advantageous and hard to get to without a certain tank and teamwork.

They are not cheating, they have simply learned the game and how to play it, they are making the most of the game, it's not called cheating, it's called skill.

And yes, they PRACTICE is training rooms so they can use it in pubbie battles, it gives them good results! Just because you can't mountain goat but they can is no reason for WG to issue unreasonable Perma bans. The Whole goal of Mountain-goating is to give yourself an Unfair advantage over the enemy, you NEVER fight on fair terms with the enemy, it's called dying. 

I would agree... somewhat.

I agree that it's a programming issue and not a cheat. It is something that the devs need to look into and address. If the area in question is truly to be out of bounds then they need to tweek that part of the map to close it off.

Asassian7 #59 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 06:13

Major

• Players
  • 22611 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postotacon237, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:38, said:

​you mad you can't farm wn8 every game because some people are creative enough to out position you?

cry me a river

also idk wth"boost meta" you're talking about I've seen it maybe a handful of times in my 20000 games

and no an injection of gameplay variety is EXACTLY what this game needs right now. not everyone takes joy in going down the same god damn corridor THOUSANDS OF [edited]TIMES

the mountain goating phenomenon is magical and glorious and should be celebrated and promoted. it is a big "[edited]you" to wg's dumb[edited] [edited]-catering corridor meta, it is a message to WG that we won't be their rats in a maze and won't accept their [edited]anymore, and I can only salute that effort

No. Im mad because people found out how to access areas that were originally designed to be inacessable and therefore provide extremely unfair advantages to one side of the map simply due to those positions existing. Meaning that map and game balance is thrown completely out of whack, and making the game unfair and unfun to play. 

As for "boost meta" You havent played clan wars have you? Battles are constantly having the caller ask for people who know how to do a specific boost while planning around knowing that the enemy team will do another specific boost which gives them an extreme advantage in map control and is almost impossible to dig them out of. 

Its not fun. Its annoying. Its unbalanced. Its unfair. I dont like playing unfair games. 

The maps should be fixed by WG redesigning them. Not by opening up stupid positions that are almost impossible to counter. 

Because, do you think its fair that Sacred valley has the boost in C0 that makes the vast majority of the map open ground with little cover for anyone in draw range? With nothing like that for the other spawn?

Do you think its fair thar serene coast has a position in south allowing you to infinitely reset cap, with extremely limited ability to dig the player up there out of it? Said player also has overwatch of the entire western end of the map and plenty of cover and concealment. No such position exists for north.

Do you think its fair that theres a boost that allows south to get up the hill on mines from the 8 line with no risk of getting shot? Cant do that from north.

Do you think its fair that theres a position in arctic region in like A8 or something that a TD can sit in and get elevated firing lanes over the entire north and middle of the map, making cover in the middle extremely limited (he can hit you while your in the dip on the road down the 3/4 line) nothing like that for the west spawn. 

The theme here is: all these boosts are only avalible for ONE spawn and COMPLETELY ruin map balance for the other spawn. 

Some boosts are avalible for both spawns. They're alright. Some are really useless or pointless. But some completely and utterly ruin map balance. I dont know about you, but I find a game that is nearly unwinnable because someone in an STRV drove up to C0 on sacred valley to be very unfun. 

Avalon304 #60 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 06:23

Major

• Players
  • 15443 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 17 2017 - 03:53, said:

Yeah, those aren't cheats.  Try again.

No. But they are unintended exploits. And should result in a ban just the same.

View Post_Tsavo, on Mar 17 2017 - 06:31, said:

Until WarGamimg says it's a cheat or punishable, it is most definitely NOT a cheat.

Hell, gold league and other competitive matches feature boosting and other general positioning.  it's not discouraged at all.

It should be.

EDIT: Heres a post with some minimaps, displaying why the boosts are unintended:

http://forum.worldof...4#entry10844084

Edited by Avalon304, Mar 21 2017 - 06:41.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users