T25 Pilot mission for March 17 - impossible for players like me

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Galbeaza #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6326 battles

Play 10 battles having dealt at least 2,000 damage to enemy vehicles in each.

That's it! If the difficulty level of the missions rise exponentially like this, I think here end my "quest" for a free tier 8 American medium tank.

It seems only high-status players have the opportunity to grab a free tier 8 tank. For players like me, this is an impossible dream. If I want it, I have to pay for it.

To do "at least" 2000 damage, I have to play high tier tanks, with high alpha damage or high DPM, which means I have to be the orange player between yellows, greens, blues and purples. In games like this, with my experience level, I very seldom did more then 2000 damage before I was massacred by the high-status players.

If it was 2000 damage in 5 battles, maybe I have sacrificed my day for this, but 10 battles? No way! I have more chances to see an UFO then to do this mission!

So, no free soup for plebs like me!

Edited by Galbeaza, Mar 17 2017 - 16:39.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5152 battles
Yeah.. that kinda shuts out the guys who don't have a lot of high tier tanks. 

CapPhrases #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5789 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
yesterday took me 38 battles to do. today's mission is one i'll pass on. 2k damage a match for me is a good day and good mm. neither of which has been happening lately.

Styo #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:41

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 17638 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
KV-2 with derp.

Doomslinger #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 56003 battles
Too much time for too little reward as the tank seems to be mediocre anyways as far as the reviews on it have shown. I already have my Patriot tier 8 premium and that is a better tank anyways. There are still lots of missions left to complete and they will only increase in difficulty. Mm seems rigged anyways. It is either feast or famine with the teams in randoms. I either win a lot with little effort or lose a lot even when using my best tanks and trying like a [edited]to win.

_Marine #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 27191 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Its certainly very doable in tier 6's, absolutely in tier 7's. SU-100, SU-122-44, HellCat, KV85, T29 would power through these fairly easily

DBrimstone #7 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 16621 battles
I thought this was a little early in coming. I'd expect this kind of mission in 3-5 days but I was surprised when I saw it this morning. If I weren't traveling I'd still get it in probably 13-15 games (frigg'n arty....) BUT for the general population this does seem a bit too hard this far into the marathon. I figured they'd wait until you're like 15-20 bucks from finishing it before making it too hard for the average player to finish in a reasonable amount of time

newman8r42 #8 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23934 battles

View PostDrewthesteelman, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:37, said:

Yeah.. that kinda shuts out the guys who don't have a lot of high tier tanks. 

you only need one tier 8 to make it do-able. Encouragement to grind out a line. You also dont have to do all 15.

Galbeaza #9 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6326 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:40, said:

yesterday took me 38 battles to do. today's mission is one i'll pass on. 2k damage a match for me is a good day and good mm. neither of which has been happening lately.

Me too man, I suffered a lot yesterday.

View PostStyo, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:41, said:

KV-2 with derp.

In low tier battles you don't have the damage pool to harvest 2000 damage only for yourself.

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:44, said:

Too much time for too little reward as the tank seems to be mediocre anyways as far as the reviews on it have shown. I already have my Patriot tier 8 premium and that is a better tank anyways. There are still lots of missions left to complete and they will only increase in difficulty.

Yeah, but what is free is good as it is.

View Post_Marine, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:46, said:

Its certainly very doable in tier 6's, absolutely in tier 7's. SU-100, SU-122-44, HellCat, KV85, T29 would power through these fairly easily

Like I said, for players like you, but not for players like me. That is the point of this topic.

Doomslinger #10 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 56003 battles

View Post_Marine, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:46, said:

Sure, but it is still early in the missions so far. I wonder what the last 5 missions will be? Do 3000 and win the battle for 20 times?

newman8r42 #11 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23934 battles

View PostGalbeaza, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:34, said:

Play 10 battles having dealt at least 2,000 damage to enemy vehicles in each.

That's it! If the difficulty level of the missions rise exponentially like this, I think here end my "quest" for a free tier 8 American medium tank.

It seems only high-status players have the opportunity to grab a free tier 8 tank. For players like me, this is an impossible dream. If I want it, I have to pay for it.

To do "at least" 2000 damage, I have to play high tier tanks, with high alpha damage or high DPM, which means I have to be the orange player between yellows, greens, blues and purples. In games like this, with my experience level, I very seldom did more then 2000 damage before I was massacred by the high-status players.

If it was 2000 damage in 5 battles, maybe I have sacrificed my day for this, but 10 battles? No way! I have more chances to see an UFO then to do this mission!

So, no free soup for plebs like me!

Doing 2k damage in tanks at tier 8 or above is really not that hard. However a new player or someone who isnt skilled at the game might find it hard. However WG is not going to just give everyone a free tank. The reward is earning the tank. 

This way its healthier for gameplay. You say you dont think you'll fair well against green or better players, and you're probably right. Well the tank youd be getting for free would pit you against more players of that skill level so how rewarding would that really be for you? Is it not better to then make this missions only easily achieveable for the players who actually benefit from the reward? There are enough new players or players who dont understand the game mechs who have bought a tier 8 prem and are constantly a detriment to their team. I dont believe WG would want to further this issue by giving out a reward tank to people who just log in each day. 

This should serve as encouragement to work on getting better, so that when the next opportunity comes up like this you'll have the skills needed to earn the tank, as well as to be able to utilize it well.

newman8r42 #12 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23934 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:44, said:

Too much time for too little reward as the tank seems to be mediocre anyways as far as the reviews on it have shown. I already have my Patriot tier 8 premium and that is a better tank anyways. There are still lots of missions left to complete and they will only increase in difficulty. Mm seems rigged anyways. It is either feast or famine with the teams in randoms. I either win a lot with little effort or lose a lot even when using my best tanks and trying like a [edited]to win.

ive seen a couple reviews and people seem to love it.

Galbeaza #13 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6326 battles

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:49, said:

You also dont have to do all 15.

I know man, but if this mission already become impossible for players like me, then I expect that the future missions will be even more impossible. I expected to buy like 5 tokens, but to buy 10 or more for this kind of tank? Doesn't worth.

_Marine #14 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 27191 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:54, said:

ive seen a couple reviews and people seem to love it.

They're over-selling it. Im only doing these missions for the simple fact they're easy and its a free tier 8 premium that I can get without altering my game play in the slightest

Doomslinger #15 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 56003 battles

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:53, said:

Doing 2k damage in tanks at tier 8 or above is really not that hard. However a new player or someone who isnt skilled at the game might find it hard. However WG is not going to just give everyone a free tank. The reward is earning the tank. 

This way its healthier for gameplay. You say you dont think you'll fair well against green or better players, and you're probably right. Well the tank youd be getting for free would pit you against more players of that skill level so how rewarding would that really be for you? Is it not better to then make this missions only easily achieveable for the players who actually benefit from the reward? There are enough new players or players who dont understand the game mechs who have bought a tier 8 prem and are constantly a detriment to their team. I dont believe WG would want to further this issue by giving out a reward tank to people who just log in each day. 

This should serve as encouragement to work on getting better, so that when the next opportunity comes up like this you'll have the skills needed to earn the tank, as well as to be able to utilize it well.

Hmmm. You know, this would be a good way to unlock tanks past tier 5. Have a certain requirement of missions to unlock them so people can't just bot up the tiers. It would force people to actually make some effort to play well instead of yolo bot grinding several tanks lines at the same time.

newman8r42 #16 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 16:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23934 battles

View PostDBrimstone, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:46, said:

I thought this was a little early in coming. I'd expect this kind of mission in 3-5 days but I was surprised when I saw it this morning. If I weren't traveling I'd still get it in probably 13-15 games (frigg'n arty....) BUT for the general population this does seem a bit too hard this far into the marathon. I figured they'd wait until you're like 15-20 bucks from finishing it before making it too hard for the average player to finish in a reasonable amount of time

good?

As OP said he finds that the higher tiers, where there is a higher concentration of more skilled players, is a large factor of why this would be difficult. Well the reward is a tank that would pit them against the higher skilled opponents. I dont imagine the less skilled player base would enjoy the tank irregardless because it will be very unforgiving with its terrible hull armor. 

The average player (server avg wn8 is like 800 last i looked) would struggle to do well in this tank anyways. Does it not make sense to have the mission difficulty represent the kind of battles that would be considered good in said reward tank, This way proving that you are capable of playing the vehicle well enough for it to be a rewarding tank to drive?

Doomslinger #17 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 56003 battles
Well, if you are going to get this done, do it before peak server usage hits so you can avoid the lag fest. I watched Anfield's stream from yesterday when he was on NA east trying to complete his T25 missions and it was super lagotastic. He was trying to get the missions done and it was messing him up so bad. He got them done and immediately transferred back over to the EU servers where there is no lag.

newman8r42 #18 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23934 battles

View PostGalbeaza, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:55, said:

I know man, but if this mission already become impossible for players like me, then I expect that the future missions will be even more impossible. I expected to buy like 5 tokens, but to buy 10 or more for this kind of tank? Doesn't worth.

If you arent confident in your ability to do this mission, i personally would say this tank isnt for you. The t25 pilot is going to require a certain level of skill to do well in. It wouldnt be as easy to play as for example an is-6 or a kv-1. Its hull design and play style is very unforgiving if you make mistakes. 

I think its good for WG to make it a little difficult to get for players who've yet to grasp the skills required to do well in that tank. It provides incentive for players to get better at the game, and helps to protect players new to the game who may get overwhelmed with the skill cap at higher tiers.

newman8r42 #19 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23934 battles

View Post_Marine, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:55, said:

They're over-selling it. Im only doing these missions for the simple fact they're easy and its a free tier 8 premium that I can get without altering my game play in the slightest

to me it seems just like another pershing or patton kr, just a bit more mobile and with better gun handling for less armor. I think the pershing and patton kr are strong tanks so i dont see why this would be any different.

Galbeaza #20 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6326 battles

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:53, said:

I expected this kind of answer: low-status players have to stay in low-tier battles.

Look man, I have premium tier 8 tanks in my garage, so nothing stops me to play them, so nothing stops me, or others who bought tier 8 premiums, to be in high tier 8-10 battles. A golden rule in sports is that: to become a better player, you must play with better players than you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users