• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

RSH427R #41 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42618 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostGalbeaza, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:39, said:

That's what I thought to try: playing Skorpion G and/or Defender.

About doing 13 from 15: if this mission is hard and almost impossible to do for players like me, then the future missions will be harder, not easier.

Defender would work as well.  Maybe even a bit more forgiving with the alpha +  armor.

It is definitely not impossible, for anyone with a tier 8+ tanks for that matter.  Don't cut yourself short.  If high tier - play aggressively; low tier - play conservatively and as support.  IIRC the average game length is +/- 7 minutes, if you die early switch over to the skorpion.  Rinse and repeat.  I bet you will finish this mission much quicker than you expect.  

G/L w/ your missions!

Galbeaza #42 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9491 battles

View PostDBrimstone, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:40, said:

Thinking of this from a WG perspective, I thought they'd lead the average player along for another couple days. After this weekend make it impossible to finish so people have like 6-7 tickets and say "well it'll only cost me 17.50 I might as well"

Yeah, they should have bait us (the low-rated) for another 3-4 days with doable missions.

Galbeaza #43 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9491 battles

View PostRSH427R, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:44, said:

Defender would work as well.  Maybe even a bit more forgiving with the alpha +  armor.

It is definitely not impossible, for anyone with a tier 8+ tanks for that matter.  Don't cut yourself short.  If high tier - play aggressively; low tier - play conservatively and as support.  IIRC the average game length is +/- 7 minutes, if you die early switch over to the skorpion.  Rinse and repeat.  I bet you will finish this mission much quicker than you expect.  

G/L w/ your missions!

Thanks for the encouragement, but now I have to go to work (like a good slave who needs to put food on the table for him and his family). When I will come back home, around 9PM, the US servers will be full of players form all around the world (East Europe, South America, East Asia) and the game will be almost impossible to play (lagging, high ping, crashing, crazy players etc.). Plus, like during all week-ends, the high-status blue and purple players will flood the game.

D1rkjr #44 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20728 battles

This is actually one of the easiest missions yet for me. I just have to play 10 matches in the 9s I'm grinding or go easy mode and break out the maus and IS-4. 

But if you only have tier 5-6 tanks that will be much harder. You can do this in a tier 5 for sure but it will take 50-60 matches. 

Wait to see what tomorrow brings. Maybe that will be easier 

Retrogradeorbit #45 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 21050 battles
  • [7ARBN] 7ARBN

View PostGalbeaza, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:39, said:

That's what I thought to try: playing Skorpion G and/or Defender, shooting gold ammo to be sure it will penetrate.

About doing 13 from 15: if this mission is hard and almost impossible to do for players like me, then the future missions will be harder, not easier.

​I am thinking you only need to land 5 shots per game in your Skorp G to do this. 

That really can't be that hard.  I've done nearly 5k in my T30 and it's got a 17.33 reload with 100% crew with BIA.  Yes, it's one tier higher but similar environment.  Hell, I've done 2k a game in my T67 and no lets not start the discussion about it being OP because it's only as good as the person using it much like the dreaded Roach whose name will not be mentioned lest we attract the purple wall of text.

Hell worst come to worst skip today and see what tomorrow brings.  If you only needed to buy 5 tickets it would probably still be a bargain.

Tedsc #46 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22594 battles
You can do it in premium tier 8s which is realistic. Having said that I only have 2 of the 10 so far and both were tier 9 tanks.  I haven't gotten to many tier 8s yet in my daily double XP grind.

DrBunsenHoneydoo #47 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 23031 battles

I did your 2K, took me about 6 hours.

Today, 20 wins in the to 5 by damage.  I have a job and a wife.  I don't plan on giving either up to get a tier 8.

It might not be so bad, but, a lot of people are going for it.  I lost a battle yesterday where my team was 5K ahead by damage, and, 3 tanks ahead.  The enemy went to cap and sat on it for almost 3 minutes while my entire team refused to go to the cap.  They were unwilling to break off from the last few enemy heavies.  And, I don't mean they were too slow, none of them even tried.  I tried in my Russian box tank (tier 6 td, 60 armor), but, the tier 8 medium on cap was too much for me.

Grats on the tier 8 medium that got "Invader" by the way.

Also, if you drive tier 8 or tier 9, get ready for battles with 10+ Tier 10 tanks in most of your battles.

P.S.  

Bring back cross chat.

Bring back retired maps.

DrBunsenHoneydoo #48 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 23031 battles
Why don't they do some missions that are skill based?  It seems they just want a lot of heavies and TD's shelling it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users