Joke or Scam? Daily Missions to Unlock the T25 Pilot FREE

Marathon T25 Pilot Fee Daily missions Scam push joke waste of time rules not clear

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

hellpitt #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 11557 battles

When the Marathon was announced it was made to sound obtainable... in 24 hours....it was also inclusive to other tiers from tier 4 and up....

first missions sounded very reasonable...but did you check today's mission 3/17/17?

-Play 10 battles having dealt at least 2,000 damage to enemy vehicles in each-

2000 damage? on 10 battles.... its not impossible if your in the right tank on the correct tier...and the enemy plays like a dumb Bot..... but for tiers 4, 5 and even 6 this is almost unobtainable.... non realistic at all...for tiers 7 and 8 more possible....tiers 9, 10 have the better chance to accomplish this.

So what is the point?...... I label this a Scam...make it sound inclusive for lower tiers, make it sound obtainable if you work hard....get people invested in the Marathon and on the 6th day.... push them to quit....or make it so God Damn Hard...that you are essentially eliminating them from the marathon.

and this is the part that gets me very angry.... if they wanted to sell the [edited]...why not just sell it...if they wanted to give it for free but only for certain players that have certain tiers...why not make the rules like that from the start "only for players with tiers 8 and up o 9 and up"..... this is a scam...like a Drug pusher...he will give you the drugs even free at the start, his your buddy...and when your hooked on the drug..he then "PUSH" for you to buy and buy if you want more... getting people invested and then changing the requirements from "obtainable if you work hard" to "[edited]you pay us if you want to continue"

Sejo323 #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 23175 battles
  • [QSSF] QSSF
Are you serious? First of all its not hard AT ALL. You can even lose the game. I did play tier 10 but took me 11 games. 
And what do you expect missions to be? "Play a game and be afk 3 times" 

cgralphy #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17966 battles

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:02, said:

When the Marathon was announced it was made to sound obtainable... in 24 hours....it was also inclusive to other tiers from tier 4 and up....

first missions sounded very reasonable...but did you check today's mission 3/17/17?

2000 damage? on 10 battles.... its not impossible if your in the right tank on the correct tier...and the enemy plays like a dumb Bot..... but for tiers 4, 5 and even 6 this is almost unobtainable.... non realistic at all...for tiers 7 and 8 more possible....tiers 9, 10 have the better chance to accomplish this.

So what is the point?...... I label this a Scam...make it sound inclusive for lower tiers, make it sound obtainable if you work hard....get people invested in the Marathon and on the 6th day.... push them to quit....or make it so God Damn Hard...that you are essentially eliminating them from the marathon.

and this is the part that gets me very angry.... if they wanted to sell the [edited]...why not just sell it...if they wanted to give it for free but only for certain players that have certain tiers...why not make the rules like that from the start "only for players with tiers 8 and up o 9 and up"..... this is a scam...like a Drug pusher...he will give you the drugs even free at the start, his your buddy...and when your hooked on the drug..he then "PUSH" for you to buy and buy if you want more... getting people invested and then changing the requirements from "obtainable if you work hard" to "[edited]you pay us if you want to continue"

Their is 13 out 15 missions i would not sweat it

xtcmax #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:12

Captain

• Players
  • 38025 battles
  • [FRI] FRI
YOu have to do 2k damage per battle 10 times and you don't have to win. But in tier 4 tank I don't think it is possible. So, if you don't have tier 6+ tanks then you are not getting the pilot, UNLESS you buy the token with real money from the premium store.

HOTA_CHATON #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:13

Major

• Players
  • 12200 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

If you like me, you'll just go ahead and purchase the tank.  I did well on the first 2 mission and then it began to fall apart so I gave up.  If I want it, I will just purchase it or, I will finish the M7 grind and get the T21, which s essentially the exact same tank, if you haven't noticed yet.  I believe it has one advantage though by being a tier lower, with a fairly decent gun for it's tier.  Plus, you can always get the T20, which is also very close to it too.  I am opting for the T20 though as I have it unlocked and partially researched.

Da_Vinci #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33325 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

It's just 2k damage.

Tier 4 is a stretch but with 5 and 6, it's definitely doable. Not easy, but doable.

This mission is directed at people who know what's going on. Players who just started the game should focus on learning the game rather than do these things.

I doubt it's a problem for you with 11k games.

yesterday's 10 wins was harder than today's challenge.

Just shoot things and don't get shot. You'll be fine.

b00merBoy #7 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25331 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-
I knew it was too good to be true when they started this...So I say its a scam...it's because they are selling the tokens too...I understand that Wargaming is a company that needs to make money - BUT making part of a mission unattainable (2,000 damage in 10 battles in just 24hrs)  for most of your player base is a ripoff... 

paradat #8 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 34343 battles
  • [TBW] TBW

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:02, said:

​Well maybe this is one of the two that you do not need to do. Only need to complete 13 of the 15 missions. So if this one is too difficult skip it.( You may be surprised that it is not that hard.)

HellsBells_ #9 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28010 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL
look at the missions more closely, all the ones i looked at said you have to do the mission like 10 times, with a 50% win rate that could be 20 games, times a 5 minute avg game, thats probably a good 2 hours a day just for that mission, lol, i can make enough in money in 1 day in less than 2 hours and just buy it if i want it.  i know, some people cant afford to buy it. so if you cant afford then you should have the time to do the missions.  so its a win win for players.  at least in the eyes of wg.

galloping_ghost #10 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19562 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-
Wait.....isn't it 15 daily missions for the t25 pilot but you only need to complete 13 of them. So you have a better chance to get the tank if some are too hard or you can't play for a day

Edited by galloping_ghost, Mar 17 2017 - 17:19.

Grumpy_blue #11 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37790 battles
I think it's about time WG takes a look at all the complaints and change requirements to "deal 2000 damage over any number of battles"

Lord_Hiney #12 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 12640 battles
I mean it was pretty obvious that they made the first few missions easy to get more players invested enough in the missions to buy the tokens they lack at the end. Not a scam, just good business.

Also this mission isn't even difficult. Much better than the ones that require wins as well.

Da_Vinci #13 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33325 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

Back in the day, to earn the wz-111, you need a token from every tree.

200 kills and 200k damage earns you a token. The time limit was a month.

WG toned it down quite a bit.

Don't complain about these easy missions.

digitaljustice #14 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23228 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

It's either "How can they give away a Tier 8 Premium tank to people that don't even have a Tier 8 tank researched yet?" or this whining.

This is not a charity company, nor is it even any holiday going on right now that I am aware of - try the missions, buy the ones you can't get or don't - it's that simple.

Enough whining about everything that goes on in this game - I don't think WG has to do free tank giveaway's like this, but they are - so deal with it or move on.  Not everyone get's a trophy here.

*SPOILER ALERT*  WG is trying to get more people to play the game, it's how things work.

Have you ever noticed how much better a Big Mac looks on the commercial that it does when You buy one?  Start a post about that!  :P

Edited by digitaljustice, Mar 17 2017 - 17:32.

9Milmarksman #15 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2247 battles

Not a scam, but for those of us with only up to tier 6 it's a pretty difficult task.  In tier 6/5/4 matches when you are top tier this still can take a very long time.  Most tier 6 battles only ever get 1 or maybe, just maybe 2 people that manage over 2k damage.  Tier 4 can start the mission, but there's no way they can get 13 missions complete if the missions only get harder(as it seems they are).  Kinda messed up really, they see that glimmer of hope for a tier 8 premium and spend a lot of time trying each day, only to find their time was wasted.

But, I do agree, if you want the tier 8 premium free....makes sense that it's easier for tier 8, 9, and 10 players to get.

Edited by 9Milmarksman, Mar 17 2017 - 17:30.

Qualm #16 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16973 battles

I find it hilarious that all the blue and purple players are saying how easy it is to do in tier 6 or 7.  Yeah, maybe for you, but for the 80% of players that are green and below, nuh uh.  Not really feasible.

It's not a joke, or a scam, it's just a way for Wargaming to make a ton of money on tokens:  entice the masses with some easy missions, then ramp up the difficulty for the rest - sell lots of tokens!  Profit!

Doc_Ebs #17 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18149 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG
If all you have is tier 4 tanks you don't need a tier 8 premium.

Meows_Nyanpasu #18 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:37

Captain

• Players
  • 29628 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

They're giving away a free tier 8 tank and the missions are easily done in a 6 or 7. I don't see the problem, if someone doesn't have a tier 6 or 7 they shouldn't have a tier 8 premium in the first place.

newman8r42 #19 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25350 battles

If you think dealing 2k damage in a battle is unobtainable then you shouldnt be playing the t25 pilot. From tier 6 on I personally wouldnt have much trouble achieving 2k damage. At tier 8 if you cant achieve 2k dmg per battle you arent playing well. 

Im not saying the that players of a lower skill level shouldnt play higher tiers, but dont expect a hand out if you cant play well enough to earn one of the more valuable prem tanks. 

I personally do think that if you cant play well enough to achieve that damage at tier 6-8 you arent doing yourself any favors trying to earn the pilot. Its going to be a bit more of a skill capped play style (less forgiving of a tank when you make mistakes and only good if you know how to use it). Better for you to focus on playing tiers that you feel you can comfortably and consistently do well in until you gain the skills to do the same at higher tiers. 

A good rule of thumb is being able to (on avg) deal as much damage as your tank has in HP.

VietNam54 #20 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 46461 battles
DISHONEST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users