Joke or Scam? Daily Missions to Unlock the T25 Pilot FREE

Marathon T25 Pilot Fee Daily missions Scam push joke waste of time rules not clear

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

LexxMontreal #21 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 7147 battles
Its a SCAM. It is a shady marketing practice ensuring I NEVER give this scam company a single dollar.

newman8r42 #22 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23921 battles

View Post9Milmarksman, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:27, said:

Not a scam, but for those of us with only up to tier 6 it's a pretty difficult task.  In tier 6/5/4 matches when you are top tier this still can take a very long time.  Most tier 6 battles only ever get 1 or maybe, just maybe 2 people that manage over 2k damage.  Tier 4 can start the mission, but there's no way they can get 13 missions complete if the missions only get harder(as it seems they are).  Kinda messed up really, they see that glimmer of hope for a tier 8 premium and spend a lot of time trying each day, only to find their time was wasted.

But, I do agree, if you want the tier 8 premium free....makes sense that it's easier for tier 8, 9, and 10 players to get.

exactly. IF you havent earned a tier 8 tank, you arent going to know how to play one well yet. Why then would it make sense to make it achievable for players who arent there yet skill-wise? All theyll do is piss off the teams theyre on because they dont know what to do, and frustrate themselves because of their poor performance. Make the missions so that their reasonable for a tier 8 tank to achieve them, since those players that can do well enough in tier 8s to finish the missions are good enough to actually benefit from the tank in the first place.

newman8r42 #23 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23921 battles

View PostQualm, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:29, said:

I find it hilarious that all the blue and purple players are saying how easy it is to do in tier 6 or 7.  Yeah, maybe for you, but for the 80% of players that are green and below, nuh uh.  Not really feasible.

It's not a joke, or a scam, it's just a way for Wargaming to make a ton of money on tokens:  entice the masses with some easy missions, then ramp up the difficulty for the rest - sell lots of tokens!  Profit!

im green and i dont have much trouble doing 2k damage in a cromwell or kv-2. WG shouldnt give tanks away (especially tier 8s) for free to everyone who can press the log in button. Why would it make sense to make the missions easy to achieve in tier 4-6 tanks, when no tank at those tiers even remotely comes close to how the tier 8 reward tank will play? If you havent unlocked a tier 8 tank from the tech tree, why should they hand you one for free?

_Marine #24 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 27191 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
This mission is easier than yesterday's daily, not even close

DangerDoskit #25 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8536 battles
  • [PLNX] PLNX

If you thought it was going to be easy you were wrong.   It's a marathon not a cakewalk.  Don't expect somthing for nothing.

Ironmike11B #26 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:03

Captain

• Players
  • 24694 battles

View Post_Marine, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:58, said:

This mission is easier than yesterday's daily, not even close

^ THIS. 2k damage in each of 10 rounds. Rounds that you don't have to win. Yes please.

Players whine all the time about inexperienced players being in higher tiers. If doing 2k damage seems impossible to you, maybe you shouldn't be in tier 8 yet. Sorry, not sorry.

Thijs79 #27 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43673 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
Omg!!! I am just an average player but 2k dmg ... not hard at all...10 wins was a lot harder yesteday....

hellpitt #28 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 11557 battles

View Postdigitaljustice, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:27, said:

It's either "How can they give away a Tier 8 Premium tank to people that don't even have a Tier 8 tank researched yet?" or this whining.

This is not a charity company, nor is it even any holiday going on right now that I am aware of - try the missions, buy the ones you can't get or don't - it's that simple.

Enough whining about everything that goes on in this game - I don't think WG has to do free tank giveaway's like this, but they are - so deal with it or move on.  Not everyone get's a trophy here.

*SPOILER ALERT*  WG is trying to get more people to play the game, it's how things work.

Have you ever noticed how much better a Big Mac looks on the commercial that it does when You buy one?  Start a post about that!  :P

this will not get more people playing the game man...this will frustrate more people.... to do some of this missions people need to play way longer than most of them do daily...like a job...so your earning your tank in exchange for your time to populate their servers...so paying customers always have players to play with... but when your getting people to play your crapand then slam them with an almost impossible task...that will not earn you points with the lower tier players nor the new players...if this included tier 4s and up....why make a mission with 2000 damage X 10....like wth... some are saying that it is possible for tiers 6 and 5....common... 2000 damage is a rare occasion...not the average....check out the damage per tier average...its not 2000...even for the people on the higher end of the Average spectrum is not 2000.... you need to kill and average almost of 2 T29s all by your self...not sharing the damage with no one in 15 minutes... you need a right kind of tank, a right kind of team that doesn't get steam rolled or one that doesn't steam rolled the enemy....this is really a very hard mission to sell for tiers 4 to 6.... even 7s will struggle with this one.

Ironmike11B #29 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:22

Captain

• Players
  • 24694 battles

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:19, said:

this will not get more people playing the game man...this will frustrate more people.... to do some of this missions people need to play way longer than most of them do daily...like a job...so your earning your tank in exchange for your time to populate their servers...so paying customers always have players to play with... but when your getting people to play your crapand then slam them with an almost impossible task...that will not earn you points with the lower tier players nor the new players...if this included tier 4s and up....why make a mission with 2000 damage X 10....like wth... some are saying that it is possible for tiers 6 and 5....common... 2000 damage is a rare occasion...not the average....check out the damage per tier average...its not 2000...even for the people on the higher end of the Average spectrum is not 2000.... you need to kill and average almost of 2 T29s all by your self...not sharing the damage with no one in 15 minutes... you need a right kind of tank, a right kind of team that doesn't get steam rolled or one that doesn't steam rolled the enemy....this is really a very hard mission to sell for tiers 4 to 6.... even 7s will struggle with this one.

People that are just starting to play the game don't give a crap about this mission.

alexgt9123 #30 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5142 battles
  • [E_L_C] E_L_C

I remember when I was still at tier 4 and there was a rental out for the Patton KR, I had pretty much no experience in that game and did not help my team in anyway other than making a meat-shield of myself. If people are at tier 4 or 5 then you should not just have a tier 8 premium just handed to you, you should have to work for it. I am now to the Ru 251, currently my highest tier, and I have improved immensely and am now very competitive in even tier 10 matches. If you want to use the missions as goals then awesome! But don't expect it to be handed to you if you are just playing at tier 4. Just think if they limited it to tier 8 and above, MORE people would be complaining then. I am looking forward to getting my first tier 8 premium because I play a free, standard account but I am very willing to earn it.

I wish all good tanking :bush:

1mp0ster #31 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31126 battles
2k is not a lot. this is why it is a good idea to diversify your tanks. 2k damage is only 3 pens in a T30 or OBJ704.

hellpitt #32 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 11557 battles

View PostMeows_A90kgProjectile, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:37, said:

They're giving away a free tier 8 tank and the missions are easily done in a 6 or 7. I don't see the problem, if someone doesn't have a tier 6 or 7 they shouldn't have a tier 8 premium in the first place.

ok fair enough...so then why push this marathon with their community contributors a s a "Chance" and obtainable chance to "EARN" a tier 8...they are not giving it away.. you have to put in hours of play that populate the servers so paying customers have enough players to play with...so your exchanging time and effort in exchange for their tank...if they think that Tier 8th tank only belongs to people that have a tier 8th already..then why make it that open to tier 4, 5, 6 and 7 players..... why not make it clear or only available for tiers 8th and up?...answer...because it was a sacm meant to get people invested...only that they [edited] up...they should have waited for people to really be invested on the 10th day 9th day... so they feel extorted enough to pay the shake down for the remaining tokens... but this did it on the 6th or is it 5th... they will not get the hours of play from me. I may even drop out after this example of today's mission.

Ironmike11B #33 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:29

Captain

• Players
  • 24694 battles

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:26, said:

ok fair enough...so then why push this marathon with their community contributors a s a "Chance" and obtainable chance to "EARN" a tier 8...they are not giving it away.. you have to put in hours of play that populate the servers so paying customers have enough players to play with...so your exchanging time and effort in exchange for their tank...if they think that Tier 8th tank only belongs to people that have a tier 8th already..then why make it that open to tier 4, 5, 6 and 7 players..... why not make it clear or only available for tiers 8th and up?...answer...because it was a sacm meant to get people invested...only that they [edited] up...they should have waited for people to really be invested on the 10th day 9th day... so they feel extorted enough to pay the shake down for the remaining tokens... but this did it on the 6th or is it 5th... they will not get the hours of play from me. I may even drop out after this example of today's mission.

They did EXACTLY what they said. They gave you a chance to earn it. Whether you take that chance or not is up to you.

_CHILL_ #34 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52570 battles
  • [TNSF] TNSF

View PostDoc_Ebs, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:29, said:

If all you have is tier 4 tanks you don't need a tier 8 premium.

exactly right. 

OP how do you have 11k battles and nothing over tier 7? 

Ironmike11B #35 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:30

Captain

• Players
  • 24694 battles

View Post_CHILL_, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:29, said:

exactly right. 

OP how do you have 11k battles and nothing over tier 7? 

And therein lies his argument. He wants a tier 8 on the super easy tip.

digitaljustice #36 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21028 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:19, said:

Here is WG's text on the T25 Pilot Mission web page:

A brand-new medium tank rolls into the mix with a marathon event to remember! From now until March 27, play daily to complete a series of missions towards unlocking the T25 Pilot, a tier VIII medium tank menace. Complete 13 missions to earn the grand prize, with only one mission available per day. You’ll have 15 opportunities, or you can purchase mission completions in the Premium Shop. Get one, five, or all 13 to unlock the T25 Pilot right away!

Here is the restrictions:

• Random battles only
  • Tier IV+
  • Once per account

You are implying that they are leading you to believe you can do all the missions in a Tier 4 tank, is this right?

My car does 180mph, but I can't do that on the way to work every day - should I sue Chevrolet about this?  

Some of the missions may be done in lower tiers - top XP earner on your team, etc..  Should WG make it so everyone running bots can get a free tier 8?

Good luck.

Edited by digitaljustice, Mar 17 2017 - 18:37.

hellpitt #37 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 11557 battles

View PostLord_Hiney, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:23, said:

I mean it was pretty obvious that they made the first few missions easy to get more players invested enough in the missions to buy the tokens they lack at the end. Not a scam, just good business.

Also this mission isn't even difficult. Much better than the ones that require wins as well.

again check out what the average damage is for each Tier....2000!!!...Easy? by default they are excluding tiers 4,5 and 6....7s its gonna be a chore...tiers 7s don't have a 2000 damage average its a rare occurrence.... tiers 8ths and up...yeah...specially tiers 9 and 10.... so I don't think that its a good business practice.... its the type of practice that make you recent a business. that make you abandon a Brand....because they will make who knows how many of this missions almost impossible...because this is a shake down...get you invested with hours of chore ande then push you to buy 4, 5 6 tokens....why not then come out with a super Sell... "get a tier 8th for 6 tokens...each token for $2.5 or earn the token if your on tier 8 to 10"

Ironmike11B #38 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 24694 battles

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:34, said:

so I don't think that its a good business practice....

You know what else isn't a good business practice? Giving away stuff FOR FREE. Guess some people will whine about anything.

hellpitt #39 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 11557 battles

View PostDoc_Ebs, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:29, said:

If all you have is tier 4 tanks you don't need a tier 8 premium.

then don't offer the tier 8th premium to tiers 4,5,6 and 7... don't be dishonest.

Ironmike11B #40 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 24694 battles

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:37, said:

don't be dishonest.

Yeah, exactly where does this dishonesty you speak of come in?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users