Joke or Scam? Daily Missions to Unlock the T25 Pilot FREE

Marathon T25 Pilot Fee Daily missions Scam push joke waste of time rules not clear

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

hellpitt #61 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 12208 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 17 2017 - 18:35, said:

Dude...you are not entitled to the tank.  If you do not have the skills or the tanks to meet the daily requirements, that is tough luck.  You are not "entering" anything.  There was no entry fee.  There was no costs to do this event.  You play the game and try to complete the missions.  If you want the tank badly enough and find a mission you can not complete, you buy a token....but nobody is pointing a gun to your head to buy anything.

When they did the mission for the WZ-111, it was grueling.  You had to meet tough requirements in tanks of ALL nations.  Since I did not play French or Japanese tanks, that left me out of being able to earn the tank without buying tokens.  I made the choice to buy 2 tokens, but that was MY choice.  WG did not force me to spend the money.  It was my own desire to own the WZ-111 that made me spend the money.

dude...read the requirements.... where does it say that this is reserved for people with "Tier 8ths" for example.... how do you know what the skill level of a player is just by the tier he is in...he can be on a tier 4 and wipe the floor with your [edited].... he can choose to be on a certain tier...that doesn't mean that a tier 8th player is better than everyone below...that just means that thier 8th player maybe grinded for years to save enough XP and credits to buy one...or maybe he paid for one...either way he also doesn't haver the skill... so if skill is the issue here (and its not) WG could have made it a requirement to be a tier 8th player...better yet a tier 8yh player with a certain W8 rating....no man.... read the requirements... this was made to sound inclusive and achievable... its not like someone is getting something for FREE...they are willing to do the missions which require time....time=Money.... if your putting the time which populates the servers do paying customers have other players to play with...that is a win win... so then why include lower tiers that are incapable of doing 2000 damage once...lets not talk about 10 times.... why include them in the first place? you think everyone on a tier 8th is better than anyone below him? how about those that buy credits and XP to skip the tiers...or the ones that buy the premiums...your very concern with lower tier players that may be way better than you as a player..than people in tier 8ths that suck...but at least they have the tank and tier to make it possible to do the 2000 damage. even if they are bad players on average...they have the tool....people on lower tiers may be way better players...but for this mission...the tool is lacking...2000 damage on tier 4,5,6 very difficult once ...doing it 10 times in a day...I would like to watch the videos tomorrow of the people that made it on youtube. ...I fact I'm so sure that this will not be done that I'm bet you that "I will erase this post" and change the content with the video link of tier 4 doing 4 thousand damage in 10 games TODAY and showing a screenshot of him getting the mission completed...but I'm very confident that you will not see videos of any tier 4 to 6 doing it...I see it also doubtful for tier 7s... a t29 needs to kill by his own with 0 help 2 T29s....not impossible...but very difficult..now repeat it 10 times.

N00T #62 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
  • [BON] BON

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:43, said:

Ok even on tier 7..a T29 will have to kill on his own without help 2 T29s to do the damage...the rest of the team can cheep damage away or the T29 will have to target a 3rd tank...T29 has 1150 HP I think.....so even doing 1.5 more damage than your tank's HP will not do you any good...even if you play awesome and get 0 damage.....you still need to do those 2000 X 10 times in 24 hours...ridiculous. check the Averages for tier 4 to 7 in damage not even on the higher ends...its a rare occasion....doing it 10 times in 1 day...lol....that would be a good video for youtube....if they where gonna make it impossible for tiers 4,5,6 and even 7 then why include them? 

First off, its not impossible. The T29 is probably the worst tank you couldve picked for this because its one of the strongest tier 7's and one of the most likely tanks to be able to do the damage. Also, who says said t29 needs to get its 2k dmg from other t29's? If you're top tier against tanks that struggle to pen you (which is any tank if you go hull down) all you have to do is pound them with the 105 mm and mission is done in what, 6-8 shots? Pretty easy when you're shooting shermans and cromwells. 

Secondly just because they allow you to attempt the missions in tier 4+ doesnt mean the mission is meant to be easy for people at that tier. It makes sense for the missions to be balanced around tier 8 since thats the tier of the tank you will be getting free. Being a tier 8 prem (the best prems) it shouldnt be easy to earn it otherwise why would anyone spend money on premium tanks? 

A good player could probably achieve it at tier 4-5 with some lucky, though its unlikely. However if a player did have that good of a game at that tier and WG's mission requirements prevented it from counting towards it, would that not be frustrating as well?

N00T #63 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
  • [BON] BON

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:47, said:

if you read the post...the point is that they are excluding tiers 4,5,6 and even 7 from continuing....if they where gonna do this...why include them in the first place?

would you be upset if in a tier 5-6 tank you did manage an epic game of 2k or more damage and then WG's mission requirements said "Nope thats not good enough pal!"?

hellpitt #64 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 12208 battles

View PostSpanktankk, on Mar 17 2017 - 18:43, said:

Mr Trump is hiring.

See above.

Then youd [edited]about the gieaway being "exclusive".     Quit ur whining.

PROOF:

****YOU ALL NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING.   If you dont want to try and win a FREE Tier 8 tank, with requirements that are NOT IMPOSSIBLE for all but the very recent beginners, just GTFO.

and OH BY THE WAY... you CAN buy the tank too. Just buy all the tokens.  So ANYONE can "get" the tank.

ok now show me 10 times in 24 hours...see your video response tomorrow.

Nunya_000 #65 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:52, said:

dude...read the requirements.... where does it say that this is reserved for people with "Tier 8ths" for example.... how do you know what the skill level of a player is just by the tier he is in...he can be on a tier 4 and wipe the floor with your [edited].... he can choose to be on a certain tier...that doesn't mean that a tier 8th player is better than everyone below...that just means that thier 8th player maybe grinded for years to save enough XP and credits to buy one...or maybe he paid for one...either way he also doesn't haver the skill... so if skill is the issue here (and its not) WG could have made it a requirement to be a tier 8th player...better yet a tier 8yh player with a certain W8 rating....no man.... read the requirements... this was made to sound inclusive and achievable... its not like someone is getting something for FREE...they are willing to do the missions which require time....time=Money.... if your putting the time which populates the servers do paying customers have other players to play with...that is a win win... so then why include lower tiers that are incapable of doing 2000 damage once...lets not talk about 10 times.... why include them in the first place? you think everyone on a tier 8th is better than anyone below him? how about those that buy credits and XP to skip the tiers...or the ones that buy the premiums...your very concern with lower tier players that may be way better than you as a player..than people in tier 8ths that suck...but at least they have the tank and tier to make it possible to do the 2000 damage. even if they are bad players on average...they have the tool....people on lower tiers may be way better players...but for this mission...the tool is lacking...2000 damage on tier 4,5,6 very difficult once ...doing it 10 times in a day...I would like to watch the videos tomorrow of the people that made it on youtube. ...I fact I'm so sure that this will not be done that I'm bet you that "I will erase this post" and change the content with the video link of tier 4 doing 4 thousand damage in 10 games TODAY and showing a screenshot of him getting the mission completed...but I'm very confident that you will not see videos of any tier 4 to 6 doing it...I see it also doubtful for tier 7s... a t29 needs to kill by his own with 0 help 2 T29s....not impossible...but very difficult..now repeat it 10 times.

Your fallacy is claiming that time=money.  That is complete B.S.  If YOUR time is truly worth money, you would not be wasting it playing a freaking computer game that earns you no revenue.

If you do not have tanks that you are able to complete this mission = sucks to be you.

If you do not want to buy tokens for missions that are too hard for you to complete = sucks to be you.

Most missions that WG has that rewards a free premium tank are not always "inclusive".  As I said before....you are not entitled to the tank.

Maybe I should whine because we need to complete the missions almost every day, but I am unable to play every day because I work (yep...sucks to be me). 

N00T #66 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
  • [BON] BON

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 18:52, said:

There are thousands of players out there who have played poorly and lost their way to tier 10 who would struggle to meet this missions requirement in a Jagpanzer E-100. 

You're Right, there is no requirement to be an "8th tier" tank to do this. There are plenty of players out there who have no issue completing this mission in a tier 5-6 tank. However it gets easier to achieve a damage requirement with a better tank. That doesnt mean the mission should be limited to a higher tier tank or that players in a lower tier shouldnt be allowed to try. 

Spanktankk #67 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 13:54, said:

ok now show me 10 times in 24 hours...see your video response tomorrow.

I proved its NOT impossible.

I have quite a few games with 1500+ damage in Tier 4 tanks, and regularly do over 2000 damage in Tier 5 tanks (KV-1, M4 sherman, etc...) not to mention T6 and up.   I have more 2000 damage games in my M6 Heavy than I have sub-1000 damage games in it. (In the last 3 years).

Your claim is this is a "sham" "scam", with "unclear rules". 

If you dont wanna grind the mission, dont grind it.  Its 100% fair...for EVERYONE.  Its not our fault you dont have higher tier tanks.

Consider the reward... its a TIER 8 TANK.  Ur gonna have to work for it.

Or do  u just want a cookie and a participation medal? 

Maybe we should give all the bots a free Tier X too while we're at it?

hellpitt #68 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 12208 battles

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 18:52, said:

First off, its not impossible. The T29 is probably the worst tank you couldve picked for this because its one of the strongest tier 7's and one of the most likely tanks to be able to do the damage. Also, who says said t29 needs to get its 2k dmg from other t29's? If you're top tier against tanks that struggle to pen you (which is any tank if you go hull down) all you have to do is pound them with the 105 mm and mission is done in what, 6-8 shots? Pretty easy when you're shooting shermans and cromwells. 

Secondly just because they allow you to attempt the missions in tier 4+ doesnt mean the mission is meant to be easy for people at that tier. It makes sense for the missions to be balanced around tier 8 since thats the tier of the tank you will be getting free. Being a tier 8 prem (the best prems) it shouldnt be easy to earn it otherwise why would anyone spend money on premium tanks? 

A good player could probably achieve it at tier 4-5 with some lucky, though its unlikely. However if a player did have that good of a game at that tier and WG's mission requirements prevented it from counting towards it, would that not be frustrating as well?

T29 was an example dude...because it has 1150  HP I thing X2...you have your 2000. take into account also the amount of games where you are competing with your team to do damage...the team needs to be passive enough to allow you to farm but not so passive that will be steam rolled by the enemy.... you also have your Lower tier games...try to do 2000 damage on a tier 4 when your 5 6 7 10 games straight as a lower tier playing against tiers 5 and 6...maybe as an upper tier...how many games do you need to wait to get the exact conditions that you need for 1 2000 damage battle...remember that you need 10....this is taking out those tier man...lets just be honest... you can try to defend WG all you want...people know...what is really happening here... they made the first missions doable....to get the player invested.... now they are pushing for players to buy their tokens...this has nothing to do with skill or that they feel that tier 8 tanks belong in the hands of tier 8th players...nope...this is just greed...and a bad practice...that will get people mad...I'm not expending 1 more dollar on this company...not 1...and they can take the FTP aspect out of this game any day they choose...we will see how this game goes under quick and how much time you have to with to get a match.

Spanktankk #69 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [KFB] KFB
$2.49 to skip/get the token for this/ any daily mission, and then you only need 13/15 days.  I've lost WAYY more than $2.49 worth of brain cells reading some of the rubbish in this thread.

hellpitt #70 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 12208 battles

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 18:53, said:

would you be upset if in a tier 5-6 tank you did manage an epic game of 2k or more damage and then WG's mission requirements said "Nope thats not good enough pal!"?

first missions where doable for all..in their own tier.... win 5 as top 10, kill 10, generate X amount of XP and damage in 1 day...all where doable in their own tiers...yes, lower tiers where gonna need more time to do it than a tier 10...but it was doable...do 2000 damage in 1 battle? do it 10 times? this cuts them from the competition...simple...your assuming this are bad players because they are in a lower tier... when maybe they are way better than you in their tier...it s just that their tanks (the tools they have) are not appropriate for the mission that was set today...that doesn't mean that if you give them a tier 8th..they are noo gonna do well with it..they may even do better than you because they have now the tool.

Unknown0ne #71 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:10

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29162 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

I really don't understand being upset at WG over this. Tier 4 is basically the standard mission cutoff to prevent people from seal clubbing to get easy mission completions for non-damage related missions. Taking a normal restriction to be an implicit promise that tier 4 tanks could reasonably expect to complete all of the missions is not WG fault.

I would also say it's somewhat naive to expect to easily be able to get a tier 8 premium tank only having tier 4 tanks, or really anything less than a tier 8 tank. And ten 2k+ damage games shouldn't be an exceptionally difficult task at tier 8.

hellpitt #72 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 12208 battles
o

View PostSpanktankk, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:00, said:

I proved its NOT impossible.

I have quite a few games with 1500+ damage in Tier 4 tanks, and regularly do over 2000 damage in Tier 5 tanks (KV-1, M4 sherman, etc...) not to mention T6 and up.   I have more 2000 damage games in my M6 Heavy than I have sub-1000 damage games in it. (In the last 3 years).

Your claim is this is a "sham" "scam", with "unclear rules". 

If you dont wanna grind the mission, dont grind it.  Its 100% fair...for EVERYONE.  Its not our fault you dont have higher tier tanks.

Consider the reward... its a TIER 8 TANK.  Ur gonna have to work for it.

Or do  u just want a cookie and a participation medal? 

Maybe we should give all the bots a free Tier X too while we're at it?

ok show me the evidence´where you made 2000 damage 10 times in 1 day.

hellpitt #73 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 12208 battles

View PostUnknown0ne, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:10, said:

I really don't understand being upset at WG over this. Tier 4 is basically the standard mission cutoff to prevent people from seal clubbing to get easy mission completions for non-damage related missions. Taking a normal restriction to be an implicit promise that tier 4 tanks could reasonably expect to complete all of the missions is not WG fault.

I would also say it's somewhat naive to expect to easily be able to get a tier 8 premium tank only having tier 4 tanks, or really anything less than a tier 8 tank. And ten 2k+ damage games shouldn't be an exceptionally difficult task at tier 8.

why include them then...your answering my question...WG was expecting to get naive people to attempt this and then hit them with a wall with big graffiti on it..."pay us to continue".... and who says it was easy? people where doing their missions on each individual tier.... getting 10 wins as top 10...you can do that on any tier.... getting 10 kills...again any tier...doing 2000 damage...now that is a wall...why include tiers that are incapable of doing this 10 times in 24 hours.

N00T #74 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
  • [BON] BON

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:02, said:

T29 was an example dude...because it has 1150  HP I thing X2...you have your 2000. take into account also the amount of games where you are competing with your team to do damage...the team needs to be passive enough to allow you to farm but not so passive that will be steam rolled by the enemy.... you also have your Lower tier games...try to do 2000 damage on a tier 4 when your 5 6 7 10 games straight as a lower tier playing against tiers 5 and 6...maybe as an upper tier...how many games do you need to wait to get the exact conditions that you need for 1 2000 damage battle...remember that you need 10....this is taking out those tier man...lets just be honest... you can try to defend WG all you want...people know...what is really happening here... they made the first missions doable....to get the player invested.... now they are pushing for players to buy their tokens...this has nothing to do with skill or that they feel that tier 8 tanks belong in the hands of tier 8th players...nope...this is just greed...and a bad practice...that will get people mad...I'm not expending 1 more dollar on this company...not 1...and they can take the FTP aspect out of this game any day they choose...we will see how this game goes under quick and how much time you have to with to get a match.

The team doesnt need to be passive, if you're a top tier heavy you need to be aggressive!!! 

They arent pushing anything. They barely even mentioned it. I only skimmed the mission page on the portal and if i didnt visit the prem store i wouldnt have known it was even an option. 

If you cant achieve the mission, skip it (since you dont have to do all 15, only 13) and if you run out of the 2 free mulligans but still want a tank, you get it at a heavily discounted price for the cost of a couple tokens.

Honestly WG should stop trying to make these kinds of missions because unless its a free gift with no requirements (and even if it was) you'll always have some crybaby who will come and whine about it on the forums.

"This game will go under quick" I guess thats why its still going strong after being on the market since 2011 and AW is already just about completely dead right?

Spanktankk #75 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 14:10, said:

o

Good lord you just like to argue dont you.

You have multiple Tier 7's.  Why dont you spend less time being a forum d-bag and more time actually trying to do the mission?  Or just skip todays mission if its "too hard".

AGAIN... since when should receiving a FREE TIER 8 TANK be easy?

I think you want easy.

Life isnt easy.  You must be one of these spoiled/self entitled "I dont want to do anything hard" snot nosed kids.

N00T #76 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
  • [BON] BON

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:14, said:

why include them then...your answering my question...WG was expecting to get naive people to attempt this and then hit them with a wall with big graffiti on it..."pay us to continue".... and who says it was easy? people where doing their missions on each individual tier.... getting 10 wins as top 10...you can do that on any tier.... getting 10 kills...again any tier...doing 2000 damage...now that is a wall...why include tiers that are incapable of doing this 10 times in 24 hours.

there are 2 good reasons i can think of without much thought.

1. So that when there are missions (like get ten kills) they can be achieved really easily to a skilled player.

2. So that if you do have a good game in a tier 4 (instead of having to play all 1 tier or all 1 nation like some previous events) you can still get the reward.

Would you not be upset if the mission req was Tier 8+ and you had a 2k+ dmg game in a tier 5, but were excluded?

Spanktankk #77 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:22

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 14:21, said:

Would you not be upset if the mission req was Tier 8+ and you had a 2k+ dmg game in a tier 5, but were excluded?

He'd be upset if u got a free tank for logging in.

N00T #78 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26625 battles
  • [BON] BON

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:10, said:

o

when i do it today i guess i can save all my battle results and show you them :D

Unknown0ne #79 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:24

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29162 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 14:14, said:

So the low-tier queue doesn't die even more? So people who want to do those other missions in lower tier tanks, or while grinding low tier tanks, can?

More to the point, why should WG exclude low tiers from the first 5 days that were perfectly doable in those tiers? Most people have tanks at a range of tiers, and many of them like to play more than just their highest tier tanks.

Winterpeger #80 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 52536 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Posthellpitt, on Mar 17 2017 - 13:09, said:

first missions where doable for all..in their own tier.... win 5 as top 10, kill 10, generate X amount of XP and damage in 1 day...all where doable in their own tiers...yes, lower tiers where gonna need more time to do it than a tier 10...but it was doable...do 2000 damage in 1 battle? do it 10 times? this cuts them from the competition...simple...your assuming this are bad players because they are in a lower tier... when maybe they are way better than you in their tier...it s just that their tanks (the tools they have) are not appropriate for the mission that was set today...that doesn't mean that if you give them a tier 8th..they are noo gonna do well with it..they may even do better than you because they have now the tool.

So lets get this straight you don't like the mission because YOU can't do 2k damage in a tier 4, 5, or 6?   That's not Wargaming's fault.  So please explain how I have 6 battles now with over 2k damage in my M6.  Just because you can't do it doesn't mean others can't and doesn't mean its a scam.  Seems to me you just want tanks handed to you without actually working for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users