How many losses in a row before you give up and Yolo?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

If I get 3 losses in a row, I switch tanks.  If I get 6 in a row, I most definitely seem to be a lot more aggressive and less cautious.  At that point it doesn't really seem to matter what I do.  If I die quicker then I can do other stuff. until the next battle.

Personally I feel like they should make the daily vehicle bonus for first top 7 finish on your team rather than first win.  I want to be rewarded for playing well and trying hard, not for being assigned to the right team.  The current system encourages  rage against teammates and YOLO behavior when it should encourage everyone to play their best.  While playing well does include working as a team, getting stuck with a team of less experienced players doesn't have to make you bitter if you get rewarded for how you specifically play.

Rin_ #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 17535 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
If I lose too much I do a crazy thing called not playing. I can typically tell how bad things are getting and just play something else. Yoloing because you loose to much is just poor sportsmanship. If you don't want to play, that's okay. But don't ruin it for everyone else.

HellsBells_ #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27761 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL
after every loss i refocus and play smarter and more carefully, that way i dont get losing streaks even if i dont make it to the end, that way ive done as much damage as i can so hopefully the rest of the team left can win.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29280 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 09:19, said:

If I get 3 losses in a row, I switch tanks.  If I get 6 in a row, I most definitely seem to be a lot more aggressive and less cautious.  At that point it doesn't really seem to matter what I do.  If I die quicker then I can do other stuff. until the next battle.

Personally I feel like they should make the daily vehicle bonus for first top 7 finish on your team rather than first win.  I want to be rewarded for playing well and trying hard, not for being assigned to the right team.  The current system encourages  rage against teammates and YOLO behavior when it should encourage everyone to play their best.  While playing well does include working as a team, getting stuck with a team of less experienced players doesn't have to make you bitter if you get rewarded for how you specifically play.

So that's the mentality of very low skilled players? 

Also can I point out you are one?

14k games, commit some effort of being more knowledgeable, you'll see a change. :mellow:

GAJohnnie #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 9046 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:19, said:

None, I don't yolo ever. Why compound the losing? Simpler to go play something else. Not like there aren't a few thousand other options.

Zabr0 #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24397 battles
  • [CHLLN] CHLLN

3 in a row and i take a break and walk away

Tedsc #7 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

View PostRin_, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:25, said:

If I lose too much I do a crazy thing called not playing. I can typically tell how bad things are getting and just play something else. Yoloing because you loose to much is just poor sportsmanship. If you don't want to play, that's okay. But don't ruin it for everyone else.

You cannot finish WoT daily rewards playing a different game.  You cannot finish any of the missions for that matter playing something else and you certainly cannot grind through tanks by not playing them. 

Its not bad sportsmanship.  If WG wanted me to play well they would reward me for playing well.  WG instead rewards you for winning which has just as much if not more to do with the team you are assigned as it does to how well you play.  

To be honest, my play style doesn't change drastically and I can go 57% one week to 46% the next and it has more to do with team assignments then how I play, I play more or less the same way in the same vehicles.

newman8r42 #8 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25170 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:19, said:

I agree that it would be nice to have the daily doubles only apply if you do well, but the x2 isnt at all really rewarding to a player who does poorly when assigned to the right team. If you dont do damage or help your team, your x2 is going to be a pretty poor result. 

newman8r42 #9 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25170 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:34, said:

You cannot finish WoT daily rewards playing a different game.  You cannot finish any of the missions for that matter playing something else and you certainly cannot grind through tanks by not playing them. 

Its not bad sportsmanship.  If WG wanted me to play well they would reward me for playing well.  WG instead rewards you for winning which has just as much if not more to do with the team you are assigned as it does to how well you play.  

To be honest, my play style doesn't change drastically and I can go 57% one week to 46% the next and it has more to do with team assignments then how I play, I play more or less the same way in the same vehicles.

I shouldnt have to point this out, but you'll notice that generally most players with High Wn8s will have higher win rates as well. Crazy thing is you win more battles when you play well. Your team still plays a role but a good player will be able to see where they can utilize their team regardless of their skill level to increase their chances of winning. 

Once you are consistently doing well in battles your w/r will go up and stay more consistent as well. 

Tedsc #10 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

View PostZabr0, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:31, said:

Personal reserves on the clock it feels wasteful walking away.

Grumpy_blue #11 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37145 battles

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 08:19, said:

I switch to arty when I can't play normal tanks. That way I can take a break for 15 mins, fix myself a cup of coffee, have some snacks etc

Tedsc #12 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

View PostAl_Capones_Gang, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:27, said:

14k games, commit some effort of being more knowledgeable, you'll see a change. :mellow:

Take me out of the equation then.  I pretty often see a player or two on the losing team and think they really got screwed! They played better then anyone else on the battlefield but they will get less experience and credits then some low skill joker like me who finished on the bottom half of the winning team.  And why?  It clearly wasn't their ability, they were saddled with unskilled players like me.

You see what I mean?  Focusing on how well a player plays reduces the team rage and makes people work on being better players to get their daily double etc..

MacDaddyMatty #13 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 15740 battles

View PostZabr0, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:31, said:

Same here.

3 losses = X out of client and go make a cup of tea.

Come back and try again.

Never YOLO, its bad for you and bad for your team.

Xx1Tommy1xX #14 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13124 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-
After 14 losses I just switch to another game, mostly Besige because I can relax in that game and do what ever I want in the test sanbox of besiege.

Tedsc #15 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

View Postnewman8r42, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:37, said:

I shouldnt have to point this out, but you'll notice that generally most players with High Wn8s will have higher win rates as well. Crazy thing is you win more battles when you play well. Your team still plays a role but a good player will be able to see where they can utilize their team regardless of their skill level to increase their chances of winning. 

Once you are consistently doing well in battles your w/r will go up and stay more consistent as well. 

You assume people are in it to care what their W8 rate is and how they can improve it over the next thousand games. Some of us have much shorter focuses, like getting my daily double and moving on to the next tank.

Tedsc #16 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

View PostAl_Capones_Gang, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:27, said:

Let me rephrase, suppose you get stuck with 14 of me for 6 battles in a row against teams that average 54%.  Maybe you carry one of those games but most often the clearly superior team will win.  How will that affect your win rate?  

BattlecryGWJ #17 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 32769 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:34, said:

Its not bad sportsmanship.

Yes it is.

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 10:34, said:

Fair enough, you are consistently bad, its just a question if you get lucky enough to get on a team that can overcome the negative influence of your presence.

If you think this is unfair, consider that your damage ratio is 0.58 and your kill/death ratio is 0.60.  An average player will tend to do a 1:1 ratio, which means that they at least account for their own presence in the battle.  This means that they rely on every player on their team to "do their part", but they are not creating additional overhead that someone else has to account for in order for the team to pull a win.

Perhaps you should consider changing your play style to something that may be more effective in contributing to the team?

Tedsc #18 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20273 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:46, said:

Same here.

3 losses = X out of client and go make a cup of tea.

Come back and try again.

Never YOLO, its bad for you and bad for your team.

I really would like to do that but I always feel those daily doubles are too important to miss and I only have so much time in the day to play so I have to power through a bad streak.

Nudnick #19 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 17:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 19633 battles
One.

kebab6597 #20 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 52078 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I never yolo I do however often walk away and stop playing

1 user(s) are reading this topic