How many losses in a row before you give up and Yolo?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

edk_tpr #21 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37882 battles
  • [-UO-] -UO-
Normally after 3 or 4 games of "no penetration"  / 15-3 blowouts and i am heading to the competition.  if the games are competitive though, after 6 loses I just take a break

newman8r42 #22 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23543 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:49, said:

You assume people are in it to care what their W8 rate is and how they can improve it over the next thousand games. Some of us have much shorter focuses, like getting my daily double and moving on to the next tank.

Well if you dont work on improving your performance in the game, dont expect the wins to be consistent. 

Ironmike11B #23 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23787 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-
Three straight losses, especially if it's the first three, and I close it out for a bit. Get up, take a walk, get in your car, leave town, change your identity, never come back.

moon111 #24 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:20

Captain

• Players
  • 24200 battles

The problem with making 'top tanks' on the team get a reward is this is a team game.  If you gave individual rewards, you'd create more individual play and less team-work.  It would make things worst.

MachinGun567 #25 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 13127 battles
  • [KOVAH] KOVAH

I just have a hammer beside me and a stack of keyboards beside me when I play when I lose I smash my keyboard and hook a new 1 up and keep repeating till I run out of keyboards for the day. 

Dockmaster #26 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39590 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

Never YOLO!

If I lose 4 in a row I load up my T29 and I play it until I lose a game. 

Once I lose a battle in my T29 I go over to WoWS.

Once I lose 2 battles at WoWS I curse WG vehemently and go to bed. 

Pipinghot #27 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:38

Major

• Players
  • 24851 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:19, said:

If I get 3 losses in a row, I switch tanks.  If I get 6 in a row, I most definitely seem to be a lot more aggressive and less cautious.  At that point it doesn't really seem to matter what I do.  If I die quicker then I can do other stuff. until the next battle.

Personally I feel like they should make the daily vehicle bonus for first top 7 finish on your team rather than first win.  I want to be rewarded for playing well and trying hard, not for being assigned to the right team.  The current system encourages  rage against teammates and YOLO behavior when it should encourage everyone to play their best.  While playing well does include working as a team, getting stuck with a team of less experienced players doesn't have to make you bitter if you get rewarded for how you specifically play.

I never YOLO, no matter how much I'm winning or losing. You're not having a problem with MM, you're not having a problem with WoT, you're having a problem with self control and good decision making.

Pipinghot #28 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 24851 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:34, said:

You cannot finish WoT daily rewards playing a different game.  You cannot finish any of the missions for that matter playing something else and you certainly cannot grind through tanks by not playing them.

You can't finish them by YOLO'ing either. Exercise self control, make better decisions, that's your answer.

essog #29 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 17027 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA
I yolo'd a game last week and got a scout medal.

portplug #30 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22749 battles
I like to switch tanks after each loss and return to it 2 or 3 battles later.  If I have 3 or 4 losses in the same tank, I usually don't play that tank for the remainder of the evening.

Nunya_000 #31 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 20252 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 08:34, said:

Its not bad sportsmanship. .

Yes it is....you are basically throwing a tantrum on the play ground because the game you are playing is not going the way you want it to.

Tedsc #32 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14392 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 17 2017 - 18:39, said:

You can't finish them by YOLO'ing either. Exercise self control, make better decisions, that's your answer.

I would like to think that is true.  But my experience does not match what you say.   For example yesterday the first game in my T54  I had 3 or 4 kills and about 2.8 damage as well as some assist damage, I lost.  2nd game not as good but still better than break even point, lost.  3rd game break even, lost.  4th game I get 1 shot for like 250 in before I am ammo racked... that's the one I win...  

Pipinghot #33 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 08:43

Major

• Players
  • 24851 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTedsc, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:05, said:

I would like to think that is true.  But my experience does not match what you say.   For example yesterday the first game in my T54  I had 3 or 4 kills and about 2.8 damage as well as some assist damage, I lost.  2nd game not as good but still better than break even point, lost.  3rd game break even, lost.  4th game I get 1 shot for like 250 in before I am ammo racked... that's the one I win...  

Everyone has bad battles and bad teams, even the very best players in the game can only get a 70% Win Rate when they play solo in Random battles. That's simply how life works with a randomized system like the MM. Those 70% players get the same mixture of good and bad teams you get, they get the same mixture of good and bad luck that you get - the difference is that good players don't let themselves YOLO or make other bad decisions just because of bad luck. Until you take responsibility for your own performance, and stop blaming the things that everyone has to deal with, you're never going to get anywhere.

Exercise self control, make better decisions, that's still your answer.

dunniteowl #34 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 17:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14823 battles

Largest recorded losing streak: 13

Largest recorded winning streak: 16

Best night: 100% WR

Worst night: 25% WR

You folks with more than a 1000 matches, here's the skinny:  at 1,000 matches, it takes 100 matches to move your WR by 1%.  That means 10 matches to move your WR by .1% and 1 match for .01%.  At 10,000 notch those decimals one more to the left.  Or add another zero onto how many it takes to move it that amount, take your pick.

At that point, 3 losses in a row moves my WR a little nudge to the downward side.  I mean a LITTLE nudge.  Pish.  Look, if you're having a losing streak of 3 and you quit, you're just avoiding coming back in that same random way.  Now, I'm a bit wonky and tend to marathon play whatever it is that I play.  That's a factor in my thinking -- I know I don't play like most folks.  So this information is sometimes hard for short term players to factor as it goes against their normal patterns.

Right now, I am training up two new T5 units and am doing, imo, horribly.  If it weren't for the fact that I can absorb a few bad nights of more losses than wins and only see my WR dip .04% over two or three days allows me to focus on learning my new tanks and not stressing over it.  I mean, a few HUNDRETHS of A SINGLE PERCENT -- ZOMG Stop the presses!

I am also absorbing the horrible process of grinding two new lines as well.  Even so, my WR trends upwards and that's ultimately due to the fact that I focus on playing my best no matter what, including during periods where I am losing more than winning.

This means: never YOLO, never suiscout, never drown, never team damage, never let my stats or performance be the reason I let my performance be affected.

I always hated that kid in school that would let the ball go right by them; and in response to the stares and yells would say, "We're losing anyway, what's the difference?"  I hate them in this game (in that dispassionate, I hate mosquitoes and fire ants sort of way)  , too.  I won't let their actions be the reason I let my performance suffer, either.

Shrug it off and press on, I say.  The challenge level just went up a notch and I need to be able to go up a notch, too.  I can't do that pissing and moaning about something else that went wrong, inclusive of having lost the last five matches or what-have-you.

Just the perspective of a Long Range Recreational Player.

Never quit.  Never surrender!

GL, HF & HSYBF

cthulhu_hunter #35 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 02:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24320 battles
When I lose a bunch of battles in a row, which happens way more than statistically possible, I simply drown myself, or crash, or HE shoot myself to death for about 5 battles in a row. This generally resets the WG WOT rigging procedure that automatically makes battles unfair for one side. From there, I win at least one in a row before the massive losses in a row from which I start said procedure all over again. 

Pipinghot #36 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:03

Major

• Players
  • 24851 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:48, said:

When I lose a bunch of battles in a row, which happens way more than statistically possible, I simply drown myself, or crash, or HE shoot myself to death for about 5 battles in a row. This generally resets the WG WOT rigging procedure that automatically makes battles unfair for one side. From there, I win at least one in a row before the massive losses in a row from which I start said procedure all over again. 

And that's why you will never be a good player, because you refuse to understand the MM and the game no matter how many times they're explained to you. Accept responsibility for your performance, it's the only path out of your self-made trap.

NeatoMan #37 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 14:18

Major

• Players
  • 23480 battles

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:48, said:

When I lose a bunch of battles in a row, which happens way more than statistically possible,....

what statistics?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users