Noob Needs Clarity

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

BlitzKreiger_warrior #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 196 battles
  • [D_L_S] D_L_S

Ok hi veterans, really new here, i've done only about 100 battles and in most got my butt kicked lol.

I seem to be stuck in tier 1-2 tanks and cant seem to find one that I really like and have wasted any points I've earned trying out different tanks.

My question more frustration are these gold/silver and star earnings. Can anyone really explain how they work and how I can buy an elite tank without a premium  purchase?

Atm I seem to be spinning my wheels unable to figure out how I obtain gold when I am unable to get/convert to gold????

Please help ... thank you

PS is it possible to change your user name as well?

Edited by BlitzKreiger_warrior, Mar 17 2017 - 18:40.

riff_ #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 25327 battles

View PostBlitzKreiger_warrior, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:39, said:

Ok hi veterans, really new here, i've done only about 100 battles and in most got my butt kicked lol.

I seem to be stuck in tier 1-2 tanks and cant seem to find one that I really like and have wasted any points I've earned trying out different tanks.

My question more frustration are these gold/silver and star earnings. Can anyone really explain how they work and how I can buy an elite tank without a premium  purchase?

Atm I seem to be spinning my wheels unable to figure out how I obtain gold when I am unable to get/convert to gold????

Yes you can change your user name but it costs you 3600 gold.  I could be wrong about the amount but its around that amount.

Edited by riff_, Mar 17 2017 - 18:47.

Gravtech #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 27239 battles

Credits: standard payment system for every non premium feature (large consumables will automatically start with gold to purchase but you can click on the price to convert it to credits)

Gold: the purchasable or earnable premium currency that allows you to buy premium time, in-game premium tanks, and convert free xp to normal xp. although you can buy consumables (food and large kits) and shells with gold, never do this.

Free xp: every round of wot you play you gain a small percentage of free xp based off the base xp you earned that round (I think it's like 10% or something). this free xp can be used to research any tank or module. 

Converting normal xp to free xp: After you elite a tank (researching all the modules and the next tank in the tech tree), you can choose to continue to play that tank. After a while you accumulate a large amount of normal xp on that tank, with gold you can choose to convert this xp to free xp at the rate of 1 gold per 25 free xp (sometimes there's a sale of 1 gold per 35 xp).

How to get gold: You can either buy gold, or earn it through tournaments which happen every day, or receive a stipend for your participation in cw from a clan that makes gold by holding land on the cw map.

ExclamationMarx #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1595 battles

View Postriff_, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:46, said:

Yes you can change you user name but it costs you 3600 gold.  I could be wrong about the amount.

2500 but yes, You can change your username.

Ironmike11B #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:50

Captain

• Players
  • 27401 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
You can pay gold to change your name, but with so few battles, why waste the money. Just make a new account.

riff_ #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 25327 battles

View PostBlitzKreiger_warrior, on Mar 17 2017 - 12:39, said:

​OP try reading this.  It is a players guide to help you improve your game play.  I know it is not what you asked for but it will help you play better.  Playing better will earn you more credits and XP allowing you to move up the tank lines.

http://forum.worldof...houghts-at-37k/

One more thing all new players have trouble at the start.  If you like playing tank, stick with it.  As you get more gameplay experience things will get a better.

GL HF  

Patonb #7 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 26205 battles

Name change can be had with 2500 gold, at 92 games, just start a new account using a WOT special code for free stuff, it's easier.

There's 2 kind of star xp Silver xp is just for the tank you're using and gold Free xp, 5% of silver, for any tank.

If you click the research button you'll see components and their xp and credit costs.

>

Doomslinger #8 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 60559 battles

You should work towards getting a KV-1 heavy tank. Tiers 3 and 4 are rather terrible tiers and you will find youself bottom tier most of the time and bouncing shell after shell off tier 5 tanks. Tier 5 has much better mm and you will get many of your battles as top tier there and the tanks are much better there. Don't go past tier 5 for a long time as the game starts to get much more difficult past that level and tier 5 is full of some of the best tanks. KV-1, T-34, Wolverine are great tanks to learn on so start with those.

An elite tank is one where you have unlocked all of the modules and any tanks that it shows you can unlock with that tank. Once everything is unlocked, you still gain xp for playing the tank but it is collected as elite xp that can be used to covert to free xp for real money. You spend gold to covert elite tank xp to free xp. If you do spend gold to convert elite xp to free xp, only use the free xp for unlocking modules on new tanks. Never use free xp to unlock a tank as that is a complete waste of valuable free xp. Unlock tanks by playing it's predecessors on the tech tree.

Valkyria92 #9 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 18:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 17764 battles
  • [2MEF] 2MEF
Since you want to change name and you have only few battles. Why not just make a new account instead? Save your money for something better that help you to process to upper tier tank or something else irl, you know... Just a opinion. 

BlitzKreiger_warrior #10 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 196 battles
  • [D_L_S] D_L_S

Man a lot of info to process I must say lol and thanks for the speedy replies. I do like this game however it's a drag atm learning with my biggest problem being the keyboard controls. They hinder me most of all

Several mentions of free xp and normal xp. Once again I'm stumped. I have three boxes gold which is 0, one with a silver star (i assume this is free xp?) and a star box ...this is normal xp

sorry if this is trivial to you vets but its all a little overwhelming to me as I just want to learn the ropes and work myself up the ladder (there is an elite player here eventually lol)

WangOnTheLoose #11 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21259 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

No, in the top right corner of your screen you will see three things

Three Gold Coins - represents the amount of gold you have (you can get 300 free by changing your password btw)

Three Silver Coins - represents silver you have

Gold Star - This is free experience which can be used for anything, ie researching new tanks, increasing crew stats, and researching modules (I would suggest saving it for researching modules as you unlock new tanks)

There are two types of experience; tank specific and free.

Free experience is earned every battle (I think it is like 5%, off the top of my head, of your total base experience earned during every battle) and can be spent on any tank you want.

Tank specific experience is what you earn during battle (it can be modified by using a premium account, x2 you get for your first win of the day in that tank, any other bonus you get on weekends x3 and x5 for really special occasions, and the special consumables you can win during events) and which can only be spent on that specific tank for modules or to research the next tank(s) in the tech tree.  You can see this experience when you select your tank, it will display how much experience you have on that tank, you can also look when you select your tank and hit the research button.

** Once you have researched the next tank in the tech tree AND unlocked all the modules for your tank, that tank will become elited.  Elited tanks earn experience just like normal tanks but you have the option to either continuing to build up experience that can be converted to free experience through the use of gold or you can dump that experience back into the crew.

If you dump it back into the crew it will go to the crew member with the lowest experience total.  An example would be if you had a standard crew (Commander, Gunner, Driver, Radio Operator, and Loader) at the end of a battle you earned 1000 experience all the crew members would get that 1000 experience and the one with the lowest total would get an extra 1000 experience.  Please note that if they all have the same experience total it will go to each crew member in order (Commander first battle, gunner second battle, driver third battle, etc.... etc....).

Edited by WangOnTheLoose, Mar 17 2017 - 19:17.

newman8r42 #12 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25304 battles

It would help to have someone who knows the game help you along. Hit me up in game (newman8r42) and i'll help you figure things out. If you have Kik you can also hmu at (Newman8r45) and I can help you out. 

Also pro tip. Hold F1 while in any garage menu and it will highlight each section and give a brief description on what its for.

SlappyWhite #13 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41517 battles
Try Out all the tanks from every tree at first when it is affordable, watch some video reviews on Youtube to get some insight on each vehicle/Line. Hint: The Russian line has huge bias so ...  Also... at this point in your playing career you could abandon your old account and get a new one and save yourself some money for a name change. (It cost $20.00) real money to do that.

Gravtech #14 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 27239 battles

View PostBlitzKreiger_warrior, on Mar 17 2017 - 11:01, said:

Man a lot of info to process I must say lol and thanks for the speedy replies. I do like this game however it's a drag atm learning with my biggest problem being the keyboard controls. They hinder me most of all

Several mentions of free xp and normal xp. Once again I'm stumped. I have three boxes gold which is 0, one with a silver star (i assume this is free xp?) and a star box ...this is normal xp

sorry if this is trivial to you vets but its all a little overwhelming to me as I just want to learn the ropes and work myself up the ladder (there is an elite player here eventually lol)

No need to say sorry, we're all new at one time. With the exception of a few pretty much everyone is willing to help someone who genuinely wants to learn

This is the top bar (I cut out the middle). From the left:

-Current account premium time: if you click on that button it will take you to the page to purchase premium time for gold

-Current amount of gold on account: If you click on this button it will take you to the premium shop to purchase more

-Current amount of credits on account: if you click this button it will pull up a page to exchange any gold you have for credits (400 credits = 1 gold, also don't ever do this)

-Current amount of free xp: Clicking on this button will pull up the window to convert normal (elite) xp (which is what accumulates after you completely research a tanks modules (turret, gun, tracks, etc) and the next tank in line. to free xp for a gold conversion, the tab will automatically show you the tanks that have elite xp on them available for conversion

videographer1 #15 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11807 battles
  • [MARZ] MARZ

Those gold/silver exp stars are basically "extra exp", you can get some in battles, but you can get 1000 if you pay a certain amount of gold,

IE: I have only 125 gold, and my E 25 has around 20k "extra exp", if i buy some gold, i can get the exp and get a new tier 6 tank

BlitzKreiger_warrior #16 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 196 battles
  • [D_L_S] D_L_S

Well an earlier battle frustration mouse slam seems to have disabled my right click for the better part of my battles rofl

I would like to close this account and start fresh as mentioned in this thread however can i do this?

Patonb #17 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 26205 battles
You just walk away, though you'll need a new email. Just get a Hotmail or gmail and forward it to your normal one.

Doomslinger #18 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 60559 battles

If you start a new account, find an invite code and use that for a free premium tank. I will search for some and post it here. These should still work:

If you want to use an invite code, you will have to create an entirely new account and input it during the creation process.  

Also, the invite code LETSBATTLENY will get you 1k gold, 1 mil credits, a T-127, 1k doubloons for WoWs, and an Aurora in WoWs and a week of premium in both games

The invite code WOTREDDIT should get you 1k gold, a churchill 3, and a week of premium.

If you want to play WoWs, the LETSBATTLENY code is better as you get more total stuff, but the WOTREDDIT gets you a better tank, so it is better if you are only interested in WoT

Edited by Doomslinger, Mar 17 2017 - 23:32.

Das_Reaper_1 #19 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 03:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5669 battles
  • [D_L_S] D_L_S

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 17 2017 - 23:29, said:

If you start a new account, find an invite code and use that for a free premium tank. I will search for some and post it here. These should still work:

If you want to use an invite code, you will have to create an entirely new account and input it during the creation process.  

Also, the invite code LETSBATTLENY will get you 1k gold, 1 mil credits, a T-127, 1k doubloons for WoWs, and an Aurora in WoWs and a week of premium in both games

Wow my impatience cost me  a 1k gold, 1 mil credits, a T-127 ... I feel like crying  :arta: All I wanted to be is getting going and start to get some game time in

Started the new account shortly after I posted this thread. I thank you but geeez my luck lol.

Well the good news is that after 3 days I have at least learned what real experience is ... Listed in the tanks profile however not until I wasted :hiding: the 300 gold I got for changing my password

on converting to free because that was the only way I thought you could buy modules etc (D'Oh)

Next after 3 days of just playing to get a feel of the controls we have made strides although very painstakingly and just acquired a KV-1

Many replies talked about the pain until you get to a tier 5 but now playing a few days it's once again got me vexed

I now know that if you play a tier1 tank you would face tier1-2 ... tier2 >>>tier2-3 ... tier3>>>tier2-3-4-5 ... tier4>>>tier4-5-6 yes?

Now with tier 5 you face up to tier 7 tanks ... Now for you vets this is just great (I guess) but it always seems that I'm on the low end of most of my battles

SO is this the norm???  Always behind the eight ball??? I tell ya NOOBS have it rough and nicely pad you vets stats :teethhappy:

Edited by Lord_Reaper_1, Mar 20 2017 - 03:32.

da_Rock002 #20 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 10:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4942 battles

View PostBlitzKreiger_warrior, on Mar 17 2017 - 13:01, said:

You mention the keyboard controls being a problem.    Most newbies don't find a safe place to practice driving and such for a very long time, sometimes never.    There are two places in WoT that work for practice that don't hurt you stats.    Both are great places to practice driving and handling a tank.   Each has a unique benefit.

If you haven't found or tried the Proving Grounds, do that immediately upon leaving the forums.   You can use any tier1 and any T2 that you own and battle BOTs in the two bottom tier Maps.   They're pretty lame bots and it's somewhat like a real battle, but it doesn't affect your stats.   You pay for the ammo you shoot, but that's about it.   It also happens to be a great way to see how Settings changes work for you before having to use them in battle's that count.   If you've already found PG, you might have interpreted the 10 use limit as a real limit.   It isn't.   Lots of us have used it over and over to warm up, or check how the internet connection is working today, or what new reticles or battle notation look like, etc.    

The other very useful thing is the Team Training mode/system.    As a newbie you're going to be dropped into new map after new map as you move up the tiers.   Learning one takes time.  You don't usually last very long as a newbie, and certainly won't be able to wander around studying the bushes for hides and feeling out the ridges and crests to see if your tank can use them to fight behind or not.    Learning new maps for newbies is usually just a string of battles in which you get killed a little farther into the map each new battle.     TT can give you a free shot at a map.   I just spent 15 minutes blasting around Sand River in a tank that has limited gun depression trying to find where it would work in those dunes.    I also verified that the AC 4 Exp sucks as a Medium if you try to use it as such.   but that's a long story.....  

anyway...   Training pays off.   Two places provide that.   They aren't absolutely free (nothing in WoT really is) but are worth the time to figure out and use.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users