Noob Needs Clarity

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

da_Rock002 #21 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 11:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4664 battles

View PostLord_Reaper_1, on Mar 19 2017 - 21:31, said:

Wow my impatience cost me  a 1k gold, 1 mil credits, a T-127 ... I feel like crying  :arta: All I wanted to be is getting going and start to get some game time in

Started the new account shortly after I posted this thread. I thank you but geeez my luck lol.

Well the good news is that after 3 days I have at least learned what real experience is ... Listed in the tanks profile however not until I wasted :hiding: the 300 gold I got for changing my password

on converting to free because that was the only way I thought you could buy modules etc (D'Oh)

Next after 3 days of just playing to get a feel of the controls we have made strides although very painstakingly and just acquired a KV-1

Many replies talked about the pain until you get to a tier 5 but now playing a few days it's once again got me vexed

I now know that if you play a tier1 tank you would face tier1-2 ... tier2 >>>tier2-3 ... tier3>>>tier2-3-4-5 ... tier4>>>tier4-5-6 yes?

Now with tier 5 you face up to tier 7 tanks ... Now for you vets this is just great (I guess) but it always seems that I'm on the low end of most of my battles

SO is this the norm???  Always behind the eight ball??? I tell ya NOOBS have it rough and nicely pad you vets stats :teethhappy:

Is being Bottom Tier the norm for newbies?    Yes

And it seems to be for tomatoes too.   Starting about tier 3 I noticed how seldom I was middle tier or top.   Since then there have been entire days at BT.   I look at a day where half the battles aren't BT as lucky days.

The last few weeks have you noticed all the threads by players with battle counts in the tens of thousands complaining about being BT all the time?   :confused:

Sometimes you're going to feel that WoT has a mean streak.    You're going to be right.      

Roggg2 #22 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15903 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC

Everyone is always bottom tier.  I've never met a single player who felt they were top tier more than their fair share.

Cognitive bias.  Nobody notices when things run well, but when they face adversity, they are acutely aware of every second of it.

AndrewSledge #23 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24889 battles
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the guides section, especially: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/287327-kingalphyns-noob-friendly-tips/

Lord_Reaper_1 #24 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5277 battles
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H

View PostAndrewSledge, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:17, said:

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the guides section, especially: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/287327-kingalphyns-noob-friendly-tips/

Knowledge is king and never more so than with wot. This noob has learn that fast. Thanks, will research not a tank but info such as this today

Right now, for me it's not about ratios etc it's about learning ... driving skills, maps, techniques, what tanks work for me etc.

I find noob ratio seekers here in this forum hilarious. All I want is to get good and be an asset to my team and not a liability. Ratio will come as my skills increase

I've seen first hand how just one skilled player can change the outcome of a battle, be it mostly in the lower tiers .... Oh angrytomato be my jedi master :trollface:

Lord_Reaper_1 #25 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5277 battles
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H

Ok have my very 1st T6 kill with my KV-1 which is a big deal to me at this stage lol because in that slow tub I'm not fairing well atm

New question tho. Why can I not purchase the other high yielding ammo for my tank well more so any of my tanks

Patonb #26 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:07

Major

• Players
  • 26205 battles

View PostLord_Reaper_1, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:37, said:

Ok have my very 1st T6 kill with my KV-1 which is a big deal to me at this stage lol because in that slow tub I'm not fairing well atm

New question tho. Why can I not purchase the other high yielding ammo for my tank well more so any of my tanks

​Not sure what you mean exactly.

Your tank only hold so much ammo, you'll have to remove some o the other kinds to make room. Besure to swith the cost from gold to silver.

Lord_Reaper_1 #27 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 00:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5277 battles
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H

Can anyone direct me to my depot, I would like to mount a gun I have there onto my KV-1

I simply can't find it ... Thanks again fellow tankers

Edit: Found the answer in another thread thanks

Edited by Lord_Reaper_1, Mar 25 2017 - 04:37.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users