putting in a ticket?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Boomsticksolo #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3629 battles

right, tired of idiots tk'in and damaging me, time to start putting tickets in, 

so how do you put in a ticket

really should be able to do it ingame, make it a

lot easier

Boomsticksolo #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3629 battles

nvm found it

but for those who are new and didnt know, 

Go to WOT home page and click support on the top left side of page and there you will be able to put in a ticket.

MoistKrappenschitz #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 20:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13008 battles
really? you made this space filler rather than look under the support tab on the website? Right click on their name and report them that way does just as much good as putting in a ticket. It will get better when you play more games and have higher tier tanks hopefully. Right now your in the mater field and that's never fun.....lol

Edited by _T4nk_Wr3ck3r_72, Mar 17 2017 - 20:50.

Rake #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles
They don't do anything on tickets about team damage and tks.  It's an automated system.

da_Rock002 #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 21:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4365 battles

View PostRake, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:15, said:

They don't do anything on tickets about team damage and tks.  It's an automated system.

How about when they knock your tank over.    Had a guy in a tank 2 tiers up hit me and roll me over.   and drive off.    Thanks to another who flipped me back I didn't die. 

Those who don't save every replay can be in a bind filing a ticket, can't they? 

Rake #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:22, said:

How about when they knock your tank over.    Had a guy in a tank 2 tiers up hit me and roll me over.   and drive off.    Thanks to another who flipped me back I didn't die.

Those who don't save every replay can be in a bind filing a ticket, can't they?

Yep, but what you described is considered physics abuse, not tk'ing.  They will do something about that.

da_Rock002 #7 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 02:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4365 battles

View PostRake, on Mar 17 2017 - 15:28, said:

Yep, but what you described is considered physics abuse, not tk'ing.  They will do something about that.

And the OP was talking about TKing and damaging.   The other posts sounded like they were one thing.   They aren't.

Wanted newbies who came here to know WoT will do something about the damaging (or call it physics abuse).

Rake #8 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 03:24

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 17 2017 - 20:53, said:

And the OP was talking about TKing and damaging.   The other posts sounded like they were one thing.   They aren't.

Wanted newbies who came here to know WoT will do something about the damaging (or call it physics abuse).

They will not do anything about team damage.  It's an automated system.  They will do something about physics abuse, which means pushing, blocking, flipping a teammate's tank.

da_Rock002 #9 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 16:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4365 battles

View PostRake, on Mar 17 2017 - 21:24, said:

They will not do anything about team damage.  It's an automated system.  They will do something about physics abuse, which means pushing, blocking, flipping a teammate's tank.

Thanks for repeating the message about WG handling physics abuse.    Newbies need to know the difference and that they can simply open up a Ticket in the SUPPORT functionality. 

In fact, the ticket windows have a box to check so reporting physics abuse is really easy, and they have a window for attaching the replay that proves your case.    

dunniteowl #10 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 16:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 17787 battles

View Post_T4nk_Wr3ck3r_72, on Mar 17 2017 - 20:50, said:

really? you made this space filler rather than look under the support tab on the website? Right click on their name and report them that way does just as much good as putting in a ticket. It will get better when you play more games and have higher tier tanks hopefully. Right now your in the mater field and that's never fun.....lolR

Really?  You made this non-constructive post full of sarcasm to 'school' someone in the NEWCOMER'S FORUM?  REALLY?

And also, OP, yes submit a ticket.  If you can, attach the relevant replay and note the time of the incident.

To all those that say, "Sending in a ticket doesn't do anything..." stuff:  You will never directly know, because the outcomes of penalties are private matters between WG and the offending account holder.  That said, how do you know it doesn't work?  "You don't use it and so it doesn't work, therefore, it will never work," logic has a large pretzel shape in it.

I have read here on these forums no less than four people coming back from longer than week bans over time to complain about how they were 'unfairly' targeted by large numbers of people who reported them, apparently, en masse.  How would that happen, I wonder, if the reporting system didn't work?  Additionally, how could I doubt folks who will come and rat themselves out with what they actually do while they attempt to defend that being banned for it was an unfair action?  No-one can troll that good.

Use the reporting system; and use it with a fair hand and you will find that, over the longer term the more folks use it, the better it will end up being.  It will then act as a sort of 'public behavior' management tool in the same manner that many of us silently agree to enforce decorum in physical public spaces as a group.  I wish I could find that article from back in the BBS days that talked about how letting trolls and disruptive people continue to be part of the group is, in the long run, detrimental to the group as a whole.  Awesome bit with regard to how forums and online games (fail to) conduct themselves as 'healthy groups' through collaborative enforcement of agreed to ground rules.

Use the tools available to you with the same attention to enjoyment as you would in learning spotting mechanics, armor angling or being a good and courteous tank driver amongst your team mates.  In the long run, all these things, in their turn and properly applied to your gaming time, will make your experience more enjoyable.  All it will cost you is a minute or two more of your time.  While you may think it is precious, how much of that 'precious' time have you wasted being angry and upset over some jerk that... and you didn't think taking fifteen more seconds to report it in-game, or take a minute and submit a ticket was sort of a 'balancing out' of that other event?

You can rationalize away doing anything for all manner of made up 'reasons.'  You cannot replace action with inaction and expect something to happen.  If something occurs in game that you feel devalues your gaming enjoyment (and you can honestly say, "That was out of line"  ) then CTRL + RMB to the offender's name and report them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, if nothing else.  If it was egregious and you're pissed enough to come here in the forums and fume about it, then why in the HELL didn't you report it?  It would be quicker and possibly more cathartic then venting here uselessly, wouldn't it?

Just a different perspective from a pretty happy player most times.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Rake #11 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 18 2017 - 10:35, said:

Really?  You made this non-constructive post full of sarcasm to 'school' someone in the NEWCOMER'S FORUM?  REALLY?

And also, OP, yes submit a ticket.  If you can, attach the relevant replay and note the time of the incident.

To all those that say, "Sending in a ticket doesn't do anything..." stuff:  You will never directly know, because the outcomes of penalties are private matters between WG and the offending account holder.  That said, how do you know it doesn't work?  "You don't use it and so it doesn't work, therefore, it will never work," logic has a large pretzel shape in it.

I have read here on these forums no less than four people coming back from longer than week bans over time to complain about how they were 'unfairly' targeted by large numbers of people who reported them, apparently, en masse.  How would that happen, I wonder, if the reporting system didn't work?  Additionally, how could I doubt folks who will come and rat themselves out with what they actually do while they attempt to defend that being banned for it was an unfair action?  No-one can troll that good.

Use the reporting system; and use it with a fair hand and you will find that, over the longer term the more folks use it, the better it will end up being.  It will then act as a sort of 'public behavior' management tool in the same manner that many of us silently agree to enforce decorum in physical public spaces as a group.  I wish I could find that article from back in the BBS days that talked about how letting trolls and disruptive people continue to be part of the group is, in the long run, detrimental to the group as a whole.  Awesome bit with regard to how forums and online games (fail to) conduct themselves as 'healthy groups' through collaborative enforcement of agreed to ground rules.

Use the tools available to you with the same attention to enjoyment as you would in learning spotting mechanics, armor angling or being a good and courteous tank driver amongst your team mates.  In the long run, all these things, in their turn and properly applied to your gaming time, will make your experience more enjoyable.  All it will cost you is a minute or two more of your time.  While you may think it is precious, how much of that 'precious' time have you wasted being angry and upset over some jerk that... and you didn't think taking fifteen more seconds to report it in-game, or take a minute and submit a ticket was sort of a 'balancing out' of that other event?

You can rationalize away doing anything for all manner of made up 'reasons.'  You cannot replace action with inaction and expect something to happen.  If something occurs in game that you feel devalues your gaming enjoyment (and you can honestly say, "That was out of line"  ) then CTRL + RMB to the offender's name and report them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, if nothing else.  If it was egregious and you're pissed enough to come here in the forums and fume about it, then why in the HELL didn't you report it?  It would be quicker and possibly more cathartic then venting here uselessly, wouldn't it?

Just a different perspective from a pretty happy player most times.

GL, HF & HSYBF

I know it doesn't work on TEAM DAMAGE because the game rules explain the tk system, and they say they don't act on tickets for TEAM DAMAGE.  I also know that they have a canned response to tickets relating to TEAM DAMAGE that says the tk system is automated and that they don't act on those TEAM DAMAGE tickets.  So quit telling players to flood the ticket system with tickets that are clearly just going to be ignored and take the poor customer support even further away from actually doing something useful.

Rake #12 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

Copied directly from the game rules that you agreed to comply with when making an account:

6. Reporting in-game violations

In certain Games you will be able to use the Automated Anti-TK Reporting System. In this case, an automated system of violations tracking (team damage, team kill) will operate and the administration draws your attention to the following information - with the introduction of this system, users’ complaints about the above mentioned violations will not be considered. From now on all punishments for team damage and team kill incidents will be executed automatically without support service workers' interference. The system has been customized, tested multiple times and currently works correctly. We also draw your attention to the fact that a multitude of all possible circumstances accompanying different violations (including extenuating and aggravating ones) has been taken into consideration. All requests relating to ban cancellation or minimizing the punishment period, laid by the system, will be ignored. Additional information on the automated system of team killers and bot users tracking you will find on this page:

Automated Anti-TK Reporting System

dunniteowl #13 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 17787 battles

Umm, thanks, Captain (Rake) Obvious!  At what point did I refer to team damage?  At what point did I talk about TK?  I went back and re-read.  Nope, nothing there.  That said, when folks are doing things like that you still report them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  If they ram you and keep hitting you, yeah, that Team Damage will automatically kick in.  What about someone purposely pinning you to the map edge, say?  What about someone purposely sitting behind you and pushing you out into the line of fire?  They're not doing team damage, but they are doing damage by right of their actions to purposely cause another unit in the team to take enemy fire, aren't they?

At no point did I suggest someone take the time to report a TK.  I am responding to the concept that folks shouldn't report, because reporting doesn't do anything.  TK and Team Damage have been automated for well over two years now.  Even so, if someone abuses the physics, like pushing a team mate off a cliff or bridge isn't that team damage, even if they don't get penalized for it?

My post was to remonstrate with someone castigating the OP for not knowing something before posting in, of all places, the NEWCOMER'S FORUM.  I then went on to address all and sundry with the admonition to use the tools they are given if they want to see it get better.

I think I pretty much covered your rebuttal.

GL, HF & HSYBF

da_Rock002 #14 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4365 battles

It is clear the automated system does nothing about one player ramming another.   It is also mostly clear the automated system is focused on shooting incidents.

It is clear that WG's ticket system makes it easier to report players who ram your tank with theirs.  

So if somebody slams into you or turns you over,  WG's Ticketing system is right there for you to click a couple of buttons, attach a replay, and report the buttole. 

Rake #15 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 04:09

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 18 2017 - 11:50, said:

Umm, thanks, Captain (Rake) Obvious!  At what point did I refer to team damage?  At what point did I talk about TK?  I went back and re-read.  Nope, nothing there.  That said, when folks are doing things like that you still report them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  If they ram you and keep hitting you, yeah, that Team Damage will automatically kick in.  What about someone purposely pinning you to the map edge, say?  What about someone purposely sitting behind you and pushing you out into the line of fire?  They're not doing team damage, but they are doing damage by right of their actions to purposely cause another unit in the team to take enemy fire, aren't they?

At no point did I suggest someone take the time to report a TK.  I am responding to the concept that folks shouldn't report, because reporting doesn't do anything.  TK and Team Damage have been automated for well over two years now.  Even so, if someone abuses the physics, like pushing a team mate off a cliff or bridge isn't that team damage, even if they don't get penalized for it?

My post was to remonstrate with someone castigating the OP for not knowing something before posting in, of all places, the NEWCOMER'S FORUM.  I then went on to address all and sundry with the admonition to use the tools they are given if they want to see it get better.

I think I pretty much covered your rebuttal.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Sure you did.  The original post that you refer to in your response is about team damage and absolutely nothing else, yet you tell OP to submit a ticket.

dunniteowl #16 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 06:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 17787 battles

Yup, I did.  You can still submit a ticket for physics abuse.  Yup, I did say that.  See?  THEN, it's not about Team Damage.  Also, I am amplifying on the entire concept of why you'd report someone in the first place.  I know he was talking about TK, then he talked about a ticket.  You can't submit team damage and TK tickets, but you can for physics abuse, which is where nearly all TK incidents begin if someone isn't just shooting to start with.

See how I did that?

I didn't explain all that, because it's all implied by the content of what I wrote.  My second reply in this vein to you should have pretty much been the end of it.  Is there something beyond this that you have an issue with?

Rake #17 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

View PostBoomsticksolo, on Mar 17 2017 - 14:37, said:

right, tired of idiots tk'in and damaging me, time to start putting tickets in,

so how do you put in a ticket

really should be able to do it ingame, make it a

lot easier

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 18 2017 - 10:35, said:

. . . . .

Rake #18 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:45

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles
My bad.  I thought you understood the English language, but clearly I gave you too much credit.  OP's only complaint was about tk'ing. so when you go and say specifically, "OP, yes submit a ticket" that means in English that you are telling him to submit a ticket on his tk'ing complaint.  I now know that you don't know what you're talking about and just use a soapbox to support your fanboi views.  I see now that your only point was about tickets in general, and not tickets on tk damage, despite this thread being started by OP about tk damage.

da_Rock002 #19 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4365 battles

View PostRake, on Mar 19 2017 - 06:45, said:

My bad.  I thought you understood the English language, but clearly I gave you too much credit.  OP's only complaint was about tk'ing. so when you go and say specifically, "OP, yes submit a ticket" that means in English that you are telling him to submit a ticket on his tk'ing complaint.  I now know that you don't know what you're talking about and just use a soapbox to support your fanboi views.  I see now that your only point was about tickets in general, and not tickets on tk damage, despite this thread being started by OP about tk damage.

Is English your first language? 

Rake #20 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 46969 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 19 2017 - 07:14, said:

Is English your first language?

Are you related to dunn?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users