Mass effect wwwwwwwhhhyyyyyyy?

If you havent bought this ga

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SpitYoYoMafia #1 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

If you haven't bought this game already and plan to, don't. This game is HORRIBLE!

The animations are very very bad. Just complete trash. At some points the cut scenes look bad, and I can see graphical errors everywhere and I have even seen fuzziness during some of them.

The game is riddled with bugs. What? You want to sell your customers your product and have them be the play testers for free????? That's not how this [edited] works. You hire people to test your game out and do stupid things like jumping on walls to see if they get stuck or not and doing stuff you're not normally supposed to do to see if things need fixing. I paid for a fully developed product, not a half assed piece of [edited]. A few bugs here and there, fine, whatever. I'm finding bugs left and right pretty much every 5 to 10 minutes with one of them being so [edited] game breaking that I literally could not continue the story line which, in itself, was also bugged twice over I might add because you're asked to input a code into the system and after inputting the CORRECT code it tells you that you're wrong. And I know it's right because it's basically a sudoku code and I check it over and over and over again just to make sure and then after 2 failures I couldn't even attempt anymore, mind you, I instantly put it on the hardest difficulty and every time you fail you must fight a wave of robots which was not very fun but hey, free levels right?

Overall this game is not worth it. The game play is fantastic, everything else is literally garbage, not even average or worse, just flat out bad. Save yourself the money and time and possibly ask for a refund for the devs ripping you off. This is basically like no man's sky level of bad. You can play the game, you can enjoy the game play (which you probably didn't) but there was nothing else there for you.The story seems okay but damn those animations are so bad. I played this game for 5 out of my 10 hour trial and just dropped it because I couldn't do it anymore. It's that damn bad.

Edit:

Watch these and decide for yourself:

https://www.youtube....h?v=fZjLVbliu4M

https://www.youtube....h?v=HBZxvUtoNf0

What has currently been said about MEA is bad and wrong. Think for yourself and decide for yourself if this is the game for you. I did even though I saw the memes. It was no where near as bad as people made it out to be. They only showed the worst which is a very very small part of the game. I'm sitting here right now looking like an idiot because I want to play it more and 10 hours of a locked demo was simply no where near enough for me. I want to play this game more and I miss it and I can't wait another day to play it. 

Sometimes the truth is hidden and lies are spread and things get exaggerated. In this case the animations are bad, and there are frame rate drops and some other bugs and issues that need to be fixed. But overall this is a solid game that will most likely be patched and fixed. Either support the new bioware or don't.

I was very angry at first but after looking at the facts and accepting that this is a new bioware and not the old one and that this is a completely new game on its own, I now understand what to expect, and while it does need improvement this game isn't that bad with new light being shed on it. Don't let other people decide what to do with your time and if something is worth it to you.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Mar 20 2017 - 22:35.

kogepan_man #2 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 6859 battles
whatever, you're talking about trivia.  do you get to see Cora's stinkmeat when you 'date'?

Zepherex #3 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:46

Major

• Players
  • 21584 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

I was unaware I was on a mass effect forum page. Oh wait

Guess not.

SpitYoYoMafia #4 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:47

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View Postkogepan_man, on Mar 17 2017 - 13:31, said:

whatever, you're talking about trivia.  do you get to see Cora's stinkmeat when you 'date'?

Don't know didn't eve get to the twin part yet because I couldn't play the game anymore because it's horribly bugged, I'll probably do the full play through when it releases next week and maybe play multiplayer but I'm probably just going to play DIII because a new season is starting in a couple of weeks along with a new character release. 

I seriously had my hopes up for this game but I'm not really much of a hype person and even as a ME fan I cannot recommend paying consumers to buy this crappy product. It's just a game with a name on it at this point.

SpitYoYoMafia #5 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostZepherex, on Mar 17 2017 - 13:46, said:

I was unaware I was on a mass effect forum page. Oh wait

Guess not.

#whatisofftopic

Have you been playing WoT all day and need a break? Welcome! You've come to the very place your battle worn mind has been craving!    

Yes, this section of the forums is unlike any other, here in Off-Topic, you can let your imagination run wild!

Post about what you will, tanks related or not, but BEWARE! This does not mean that anything goes. All regular forum guidelines apply and will be enforced. Please remember to keep posts and content PG-13 (use your common sense if it has not already passed on).        

We all have strong opinions on things like religion, politics, etc. This is not the place for that, so please take those types of discussions off of our forums as we want to keep this a safe place and not offend anyone. If we see threads pop up here that are erupting in a flame war, they will be closed down.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, please enjoy Off-Topic! 

TL;DR - Use your common sense and have fun! GIFs reign supreme and all threads Pizza related get up-votes. Now let’s party!    

Blackgunner #6 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 22:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11800 battles
  • [JMO-H] JMO-H

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Mar 17 2017 - 16:49, said:

#whatisofftopic

Have you been playing WoT all day and need a break? Welcome! You've come to the very place your battle worn mind has been craving!    

Yes, this section of the forums is unlike any other, here in Off-Topic, you can let your imagination run wild!

Post about what you will, tanks related or not, but BEWARE! This does not mean that anything goes. All regular forum guidelines apply and will be enforced. Please remember to keep posts and content PG-13 (use your common sense if it has not already passed on).        

We all have strong opinions on things like religion, politics, etc. This is not the place for that, so please take those types of discussions off of our forums as we want to keep this a safe place and not offend anyone. If we see threads pop up here that are erupting in a flame war, they will be closed down.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, please enjoy Off-Topic! 

TL;DR - Use your common sense and have fun! GIFs reign supreme and all threads Pizza related get up-votes. Now let’s party!    

Don't mind Zeph.  He's taking a break from spamming gold rounds and padding his wn8 to whine on the forum.

Powerwise #7 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 02:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10962 battles

So what happened? Has the original design team retired or something? 

I loved just about everything about ME2, especially the visuals. 

Blackgunner #8 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 06:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11800 battles
  • [JMO-H] JMO-H

Father: "Don't smoke the devils lettuce."

Son: "But you know I'm going to, right?"

Father: *nods*

Son: "Okay."

This is how I feel about buying Mass Effect Andromeda.

Edited by Blackgunner, Mar 18 2017 - 06:43.

SpitYoYoMafia #9 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostPowerwise, on Mar 17 2017 - 17:10, said:

So what happened? Has the original design team retired or something? 

I loved just about everything about ME2, especially the visuals. 

Yes EA fired bioware and made a new one because they were too pricey and this is what we get to show for it.The lack of experience shows. The game's gameplay is on point and I have no complaints, but there are several bugs like getting stuck in walls and what not and the animation is humorous. I was kinda pissed at first but I would say maybe buy the game but not for the nostalgia but do your research and see if you want it. 

The original bioware did not make this game so it's of a different quality than you would normally expect from ME. That being said, I ran into these bugs and glitches because I hopped straight into insane difficulty from the get go and I have to jump around like a mad man and move from cover to cover to survive and some I found randomly such as enemies not spawning until I reloaded the last save which they then magically appeared allowing me to continue the mission etc.

There are also some really stupid gameplay decisions made as well. You cannot mod or swap your weapons on the fly. This was a stupid decision that they made. Incredibly stupid. I picked up several useful mods and wanted to equip them from the get go but nope, you must use stations to do it so you're probably not going to be using it for awhile.

Some abilities are also too slow to spawn. Such as the temporary shield barricade of the tech side. It takes about 3to 4 seconds to do the animation and deploy it. You're already dead. This ability is near worthless because you put yourself out of position for so long just to deploy it and the enemy isn't retarded (which is another good point they know that they have a lot of fire power and are definitely willing to abuse it and try to get you out of your own cover). it should just be a ball that you throw that takes a second or so to deploy or make the animation time a second and a half so that you actually don't die in the process of deploying the damn thing. Also the equipment uses that they have for it, is stupid. It should not be spammable, but only being able to use this just a few times is incredibly frustrating and stupid. But I have found the overload ability to be on point and really good.

The graphics are also good too. Gorgeous even. But the cut scenes sometimes got fuzzy on my end which was off setting but it only happened once or twice and I noticed some texture errors too but that was during the same cut scene.

This is also not part of the trilogy, this is a new series of ME. Buy at your own risk, just do your research first. There are goods and bads. The question is whether or not that is outweighed for you enough to buy this game. Maybe the second version will be a major improvement. The game isn't too bad but for 40 million bucks it's a pretty terrible product.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Mar 18 2017 - 15:14.

Horribad_At_Tanks #10 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:24

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles
This sounds like ea pushing out a beta to grab funding to finish the game. Common enough practice though most companies are honest enough to call it early access.

kogepan_man #11 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 6859 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Mar 18 2017 - 16:24, said:

This sounds like ea pushing out a beta to grab funding to finish the game. Common enough practice though most companies are honest enough to call it early access.

Yeah, like the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro games.....never play the first release or two.

SpitYoYoMafia #12 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostHorribad_At_Tanks, on Mar 18 2017 - 08:24, said:

It's not. it's just a game with a few issues that will probably be fixed. New bioware with a new game that they are presenting. They only presented a small part of it. Go play the game. It's great even with its flaws. No game is perfect. The question is whether or not the goods outweigh the bads and that's for no one to decide but yourself. I decided that they do and I want to play this game. It's worth it to me and fun. I expect to be playing this game for at least 100 in game hours if not more. I haven't put 100 hours into many games recently and that says a lot about this game.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Mar 20 2017 - 22:37.

Horribad_At_Tanks #13 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:33

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:37, said:

It's not. it's just a game with a few issues that will probably be fixed. New bioware with a new game that they are presenting. They only presented a small part of it. Go play the game. It's great even with its flaws. No game is perfect. The question is whether or not the goods outweigh the bads and that's for no one to decide but yourself. I decided that they do and I want to play this game. It's worth it to me and fun. I expect to be playing this game for at least 100 in game hours if not more. I haven't put 100 hours into many games recently and that says a lot about this game.

Oh I'm sure it will end up just fine. I'll wait a while though till after its been patched up and on sale. Currently putting my spare time into conan exiles which is very fun if you like no holds barred survival pvp.

SpitYoYoMafia #14 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

The optimization is really bat right now, you need the newest graphics cards or forget about it, I'm using a 965 and on high settings my fps is really bad and getting drops like crazy. I can't imagine how bad it must be for console gamers. Sure saving ultra for the best of the best is fine, but when I'm not even trying to use the bet of the best with a great graphics card and I'm consistently seeing sub 30 FPS, I don't think that the engine is the problem. Hell I could run a game like Tera, which looks a lot better to me, with 60 FPS+ on max settings with a 770. This game has a lot of patching to do and I can see why people are holding off on buying it.

This really is an unfinished product and it's disappointing.

Also  why can't I just talk normally? Why do I gotta hit on everyone for picking my favorite option lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users