just experienced some major abuse....

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Hopping_Jalapeno #41 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 08:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14718 battles

View PostOldFrog75, on Mar 18 2017 - 02:10, said:

It's one thing to complain about it on a forum.  It's something else to drop a ticket on somebody and get them banned.

What is that "something else"?

If you want to help clean up the game follow the process set up exclusively to deal with this very problem. If you don't, then don't whine about it being a problem.

Don't understand all the hand-wringing.

Edited by Hopping_Jalapeno, Mar 19 2017 - 08:44.

da_Rock002 #42 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 11:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostOldFrog75, on Mar 17 2017 - 21:10, said:

It's one thing to complain about it on a forum.  It's something else to drop a ticket on somebody and get them banned.

Dropping a ticket on them isn't what gets them banned.   WoT looks at the evidence in the ticket and decides.   Their actions get them banned or not.

OldFrog75 #43 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 19 2017 - 11:44, said:

Dropping a ticket on them isn't what gets them banned.   WoT looks at the evidence in the ticket and decides.   Their actions get them banned or not.

Understood but the chance they might get banned increases the gravitas of reporting them.

OldFrog75 #44 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostHopping_Jalapeno, on Mar 19 2017 - 08:43, said:

What is that "something else"?

If you want to help clean up the game follow the process set up exclusively to deal with this very problem. If you don't, then don't whine about it being a problem.

Don't understand all the hand-wringing.

I don't consider ambivalence to be hand-wringing.  It's about understanding the "culture" of WoT members.  I'm a competitive sailboat racer and some clubs have members who will generally protest all infractions on the water while other clubs hardly ever protest anything.  I've only been playing for 3 weeks so besides learning the game, I'm also trying to figure out how members interact and what is acceptable/expected behavior within the community.

da_Rock002 #45 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostOldFrog75, on Mar 19 2017 - 08:13, said:

Understood but the chance they might get banned increases the gravitas of reporting them.

It shouldn't.     In fact, it's the duty of citizens to report crimes they witness.   It's criminals who teach it's bad to rat out another (criminal).

The good of the community should absolutely outweigh whatever gravitas ones upbringing instilled in them.   

dunniteowl #46 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 16078 battles

OldFrog75, there is no 'gravitas' other than the same amount of gravitas you place on it.  A lot of folks will say, "It's the internet!" as their answer and leave it at that.  I know you're older and I totally get your 'conscience twinge' about this.  Don't let that stop you, because of worrying about their feelings about being banned.

HoppingJalapeno and DaRock both have the right of it.  You aren't going to get them banned.  Your reporting of THEIR ACTIONS will possibly GET THEM BANNED.

That last part is important: Their actions will get them banned.

There's one other aspect to all of this that most folks don't think through:  reporting them is the ONLY tool you have at your disposal in this environment.  If you don't use the tools available to you, then the folks that do these things continue to walk completely unscathed to be free to do what they are already doing -- and I'm sure they think they are having a great time messing with other people.  At least mark their path for the staff so that when they do get the incident that gets them banned, there will be a long list of complaints and reports that track with them -- which is exactly what the WG staff need to make a ban stick -- more than one incident on the books.

Meanwhile, I think, in all honesty, too much time is wasted worrying about hurting someone's feelings (by people who actually care about other people, sight unseen) when the thing that is really important is that those folks are ruining on purpose the enjoyment of others.  Hurting their feelings should be the last thing on your mind.  Report and move on.

GL, HF & HSYBF

OldFrog75 #47 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 16:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 19 2017 - 15:37, said:

OldFrog75, there is no 'gravitas' other than the same amount of gravitas you place on it.  A lot of folks will say, "It's the internet!" as their answer and leave it at that.  I know you're older and I totally get your 'conscience twinge' about this.  Don't let that stop you, because of worrying about their feelings about being banned.

HoppingJalapeno and DaRock both have the right of it.  You aren't going to get them banned.  Your reporting of THEIR ACTIONS will possibly GET THEM BANNED.

That last part is important: Their actions will get them banned.

There's one other aspect to all of this that most folks don't think through:  reporting them is the ONLY tool you have at your disposal in this environment.  If you don't use the tools available to you, then the folks that do these things continue to walk completely unscathed to be free to do what they are already doing -- and I'm sure they think they are having a great time messing with other people.  At least mark their path for the staff so that when they do get the incident that gets them banned, there will be a long list of complaints and reports that track with them -- which is exactly what the WG staff need to make a ban stick -- more than one incident on the books.

Meanwhile, I think, in all honesty, too much time is wasted worrying about hurting someone's feelings (by people who actually care about other people, sight unseen) when the thing that is really important is that those folks are ruining on purpose the enjoyment of others.  Hurting their feelings should be the last thing on your mind.  Report and move on.

GL, HF & HSYBF

OK...

LexxMontreal #48 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 7152 battles
I think people in this game game have way too thin skin and use report way too much.

Its just a game. If you land in a bad match, you can simply leave. Its not like you are stuck for 8 years in classroom with them, or stuck in loveless marriage for 20 years and know you'll lose everything if you divorce. Just a game.

BaconMeLoveIt #49 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 20:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10380 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

View PostLexxMontreal, on Mar 19 2017 - 09:53, said:

I think people in this game game have way too thin skin and use report way too much.

Its just a game. If you land in a bad match, you can simply leave. Its not like you are stuck for 8 years in classroom with them, or stuck in loveless marriage for 20 years and know you'll lose everything if you divorce. Just a game.

:D A pitiful excuse to promote bad sportsmanship, gameplay, and behavior on any games-online or physical.

There is a difference between being thin skinned and doing the right thing to at least reduce the toxicity from the community and contribute to a better gaming experience.

da_Rock002 #50 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 13:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

I just experienced some major abuse.

Seven games in a row where the losing side averaged 6 kills with 8 being the most.   Seven random matches in a row.  Like used to happen every other day a month or so ago.    Reviewing the last one showed what they always show, one side had the best 4-5 players of the 30 while the losing side had the worst 3-4.    Random...   not even close.

I had a couple of Reserves running.    Logged off after 35 minutes of pure excrement.  

Edited by da_Rock002, Mar 21 2017 - 13:55.

OldFrog75 #51 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 21 2017 - 13:54, said:

Seven games in a row where the losing side averaged 6 kills with 8 being the most.   Seven random matches in a row.  Like used to happen every other day a month or so ago.    Reviewing the last one showed what they always show, one side had the best 4-5 players of the 30 while the losing side had the worst 3-4.    Random...   not even close.

I had a couple of Reserves running.    Logged off after 35 minutes of pure excrement.  

If it's not random, what is it? How/why would the MM be tweaked? 

Patonb #52 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 26205 battles

View PostOldFrog75, on Mar 21 2017 - 08:25, said:

M Ms problem is stacking paper TDs vs Heavies.

It happens way to much, and leads to many blow outs. This shouldn't happen, there is no reason MM can't distribute the tank classes more even.

Having a disparity of 2+ is just bad programing, and actually never routinely happened until the patch that released the Swede tanks.

Cheesehead1964 #53 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2364 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 21 2017 - 13:54, said:

View PostOldFrog75, on Mar 21 2017 - 14:25, said:

I don't want to keep kicking a dead horse but MM has been brutal to me lately. Played a game this morning where my team was completely invicerated in minutes - 15 to 1 loss. Games yesterday where my team lost 9 tanks before I'd even reached my heavy tank location on the map. Games were over before I was even involved.

I had been seeing steady improvement in my gameplay but it's disheartening when the MM has brutally beat me down the last few hundred games.

Cheesehead1964 #54 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2364 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostPatonb, on Mar 21 2017 - 14:38, said:

M Ms problem is stacking paper TDs vs Heavies.

It happens way to much, and leads to many blow outs. This shouldn't happen, there is no reason MM can't distribute the tank classes more even.

Having a disparity of 2+ is just bad programing, and actually never routinely happened until the patch that released the Swede tanks.

I think they're planning in changing that with the new MM, no?

OldFrog75 #55 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCheesehead1964, on Mar 21 2017 - 14:45, said:

I don't want to keep kicking a dead horse but MM has been brutal to me lately. Played a game this morning where my team was completely invicerated in minutes - 15 to 1 loss. Games yesterday where my team lost 9 tanks before I'd even reached my heavy tank location on the map. Games were over before I was even involved.

I had been seeing steady improvement in my gameplay but it's disheartening when the MM has brutally beat me down the last few hundred games.

Do you suspect a "conspiracy" where one team is intentionally loaded with experience "good" players and the other is loaded with lesser experienced "not so good" players?  Could be but what would be the point - rewarding veterans at the expense of Newbs?

Cheesehead1964 #56 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 15:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2364 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I dunno. I think to keep everyone around 50 percent to keep playing?

I posted an article in another thread about this. Pretty detailed. The author had experienced exactly the same things I have. Steady increase in damage done and experience for the player, while win rate went up, then came down, went up, then came down, went up, then came down.

I know I'm too much of a noob to majorly impact gameplay yet (so I've been told by numerous players in this forum) but it's very frustrating so see steady improvement for several 100 games, then have an awful streak for several 100 games. And I don't think this experience is uncommon in this game. Whether it's my own ability or the MM, I don't know. But it's killing my enthusiasm for the game especially when I thought I was getting better. I wonder because I'm more pay to play then most people (buy gold and premium tanks, although I'm assuredly NOT doing that as much going forward) if the MM beats me down to encourage me to pay to win. I don't do it for that reason, I do it more because the game is (was) fun. I get enthusiastic and can't help myself.

Edited by Cheesehead1964, Mar 21 2017 - 15:05.

Patonb #57 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 26205 battles

View PostCheesehead1964, on Mar 21 2017 - 08:46, said:

I think they're planning in changing that with the new MM, no?

Yes and no.

They are setting tier allocations BUT I saw no mention of class allocation.

The problem new players have is usually playing so many new tanks. I find when I start playing a new tank I bomb as 1, it's not elite so it is lacking, and 2, I do not know the playstyle.

These 2 thing usually make me less effective teammate and so my team is at a disadvantage and more likely to lose.

OldFrog75 #58 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 15:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCheesehead1964, on Mar 21 2017 - 15:04, said:

I posted an article in another thread about this. Pretty detailed. The author had experienced exactly the same things I have. Steady increase in damage done and experience for the player, while win rate went up, then came down, went up, then came down, went up, then came down.

Link?

OldFrog75 #59 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4916 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostPatonb, on Mar 21 2017 - 15:48, said:

Yes and no.

They are setting tier allocations BUT I saw no mention of class allocation.

The problem new players have is usually playing so many new tanks. I find when I start playing a new tank I bomb as 1, it's not elite so it is lacking, and 2, I do not know the playstyle.

These 2 thing usually make me less effective teammate and so my team is at a disadvantage and more likely to lose.

Doesn't explain the routes - down 5-6 tanks in the first 60 seconds.

da_Rock002 #60 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostOldFrog75, on Mar 21 2017 - 08:25, said:

Truth is, it doesn't matter if it's random or not.    (of course, something that happens so one sided and consistently is hard to prove as random)

Honestly, those things hurt the game.   It would be dead simple to check before releasing any matchup.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users