ln all honesty, are their people that do not think the 252y is overpowered?
l mean, l can watch all the big names on youtube or stream, and some say yes..some no..
As much complaining as there can be, about the Maus, and granted Maus is very strong now - it isn't overpowered. Because it just gets hammered by artillery, it cannot function as a conventional heavy crossing open ground, can't work well with team mates around corners, Etc.
But this 252y, it is so laughable. Who in the right mind decided on conjuring this up, and who in the right mind are invested as supertesters to okay this? laul? Looking at it:
- lt has greater than lS4 upper side hull armour. 185 eff vs 176.
- The lower side hull, is lS7 level protection, a cool 1OOmm T8.
- Middle side hull autobounces <14cm guns because of the increase to 45mm, and is sheathed by 3Omm ontop to predetonate HE
- lt has essentially, lS7 upper front hull, in a more compact frame. Angling it improperly, reduces it to 24O-26Omm, still ludicrous for T8.
- lt lower glacis ' 'weakness' ' is respectively as strong as E1OO or lS7 lower glacis....The lower glacis, is stronger than Tiger ll upper front armour.....
- Turret cupolas are rather small, and still rather thick. Turret roof 55mm for autobounces.
- Relatively thick rear armour & angled, immune to random 1O.5 - 12.2cm howitzer HEAT shot, will bounce stuff like 59-16 / MT25 AP.
- Not handicapped by lS3A or 112 poor horsepower. 7OO horses ready to go, with passable heavy tank terrain resistances.
- Not handicapped by Lowe, T34 level of DPM. Not handicapped by T34 drop dead soft gun stats. High alpha damage coupled with APCR, not HEAT.
- Excellent in-fighting ability and resistance to scouts, as the tracks traverse very quickly for a heavy (2nd best T8)
- -6 gun depression isn't as crippling as -4 or -5, which you'd expect.
The tank has excellent Pen, excellent alpha damage, the DPM isn't the low you'd expect, weakspots aren't very weak and/or are small, and the tank has an idiot proof forgiving frame. The tank is the size of a cool and compact lS3, covers ground quite swiftly, gun depression isn't all too bad.
l think the tipping of the scale, was giving the tank the increase from 3O-to-45mm sides, which removed the REAL weakness. But hey, who thought and decided putting in the incarnate of lS7 into T8 would be great. And for the people who think, ' ' well it sees T8, it is bad there' ' This just in, T8 tanks see T1O....And of them, 252y does it among the best. lt still trades really well, isn't cursed with unreliable hEAT, is reasonably mobile and compact, still has an excellent turret, and autobounce upper front armour....
Balance, is the word to watch.