Wore my best orange shirt today!

​And every day for the next 26 weeks.

AZQ26fe.jpg

BigMeatHammer #23 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 44802 battles

View PostDhizi, on Mar 17 2017 - 21:47, said:

I'd drink, but my last 35 bucks went towards a heating pad for my mothers back/neck which she hurt two days ago. No Panther 8,8 for me! But at least she can sleep at night without being locked up, which is definitely deserved..She needs to take it easy for once. So i'll just stick with the last three cans of soda i've got stowed away in the fridge.

ahh why locked up?

Klaatu_Nicto #24 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 43856 battles

View PostBigMeatHammer, on Mar 19 2017 - 10:49, said:

ahh why locked up?

All spines, even healthy ones, must brace themselves as they pass through a vulnerable part of range or 'window of weakness' at the beginning of a leaning forward action. If a disc between two vertebrae lacks pressure through the degenerative process, it is unable to generate sufficient oomph to keep its segments stable as the spine goes over.

If this occurs in freak coincidence with poor coordination of the deep spinal muscles (multifidus) and delayed bracing of the deep abdominal muscles (transversus abdominis) the spine 'disjoints' or comes undone as a facet joint slips askew. Although the errant movement is infinitesimally small, the body senses the threat and locks everything instantly with a huge gust of muscle seizure. It is a frightening event.

I can tell you from experience it's not only a frightening event, it's very painful. 

Dhizi #25 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3476 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBigMeatHammer, on Mar 19 2017 - 13:49, said:

ahh why locked up?

I'm assuming she damaged her cervical vertebrae by sleeping on it improperly, maybe her C8 segment of the upper spine. She tried to rise up from bed on Wednesday and found she couldn't rotate her head much or at all, and that her right-shoulder was locked and she had difficulty moving her upper-arm much. It's the fallback of getting old and having Lupus, she already has a degenerative arthritis in her hands, I think it's starting to work up her arm and possibly her neck. I hope that isn't the case, considering she'd went into remission for her lupus a few weeks ago. I'd hate to see that it's already made a return. So most if not all my funds I get leftover from work for these next few months will be goin' towards her medicine and anything else she needs. I'll have to hold off on getting anything for myself for some time. Having a lock in the spine is quite painful and surprising since it happens quite instantly.

Klaatu_Nicto #26 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 43856 battles

View PostDhizi, on Mar 19 2017 - 16:27, said:

I'm assuming she damaged her cervical vertebrae by sleeping on it improperly, maybe her C8 segment of the upper spine. She tried to rise up from bed on Wednesday and found she couldn't rotate her head much or at all, and that her right-shoulder was locked and she had difficulty moving her upper-arm much. It's the fallback of getting old and having Lupus, she already has a degenerative arthritis in her hands, I think it's starting to work up her arm and possibly her neck. I hope that isn't the case, considering she'd went into remission for her lupus a few weeks ago. I'd hate to see that it's already made a return. So most if not all my funds I get leftover from work for these next few months will be goin' towards her medicine and anything else she needs. I'll have to hold off on getting anything for myself for some time. Having a lock in the spine is quite painful and surprising since it happens quite instantly.

You do know about CFL light bulbs and Lupus?

Dhizi #27 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 06:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3476 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Mar 19 2017 - 23:39, said:

You do know about CFL light bulbs and Lupus?

Yes, we are aware of it. But my mother prefers to use LED lighting for the home since it lasts longer, and the LED-low-white bulbs are much easier on her than the CFL energy-saver ones. All our bulbs in-home are LED, except in the kitchen -- it's a ton of CFL's to save power/money.

Klaatu_Nicto #28 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 43856 battles

View PostDhizi, on Mar 19 2017 - 21:07, said:

Yes, we are aware of it. But my mother prefers to use LED lighting for the home since it lasts longer, and the LED-low-white bulbs are much easier on her than the CFL energy-saver ones. All our bulbs in-home are LED, except in the kitchen -- it's a ton of CFL's to save power/money.

I don't like CFL's myself so I stocked up on 100 and 75 watt bulbs before the ban. I have enough to last me the rest of my life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users