Jump to content


Time to get rid of Sixth Sense.


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Skeleton #81 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 10:09

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Mar 18 2017 - 23:41, said:

OP complains about "wn8 farming" when his most player tank is a T2 light.

Can't take someone seriously when they complain about something they are obviously attempting to do themselves.

 

 

 

Com on OP... make us a thread complaining about premium ammo too.  Might as well make a wall of text no one reads about that too.

 

Rather than trying to change the topic perhaps you should go take a lot at those stats because other than the win rate that I helped due to spotting tanks the dmg output if far below average and it was my very first premium and money maker.  If anything it has hurt my wn8 a lot, not that I care to flips about wn8 which doesn't mean anything really other than you shot more than you got shot at.

xxBigbacon #82 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 17:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6974 battles
  • 1,710
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2015

if anything its time to either make it always there like so many other games do now but the problem is what do you replace it with that is equally useful and doesn't piss everyone off that has it on crews already.

 

But I think crew sikll grinding is the worst in this game...



Gohibniu #83 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 65775 battles
  • 5,679
  • [T57] T57
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011
Dat rep!

cthulhu_hunter #84 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 03:02

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28491 battles
  • 237
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Last time I checked this was a game.

Skeleton #85 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 11:46

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 03:02, said:

Last time I checked this was a game.

 

And games are suppose to be fun......

 

Sixth Sense ruins all of that for passive scouts, robbing them of their ability to effectively scout.

 



Nunya_000 #86 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 20706 battles
  • 10,136
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 20 2017 - 02:46, said:

 

And games are suppose to be fun......

 

Sixth Sense ruins all of that for passive scouts, robbing them of their ability to effectively scout.

 

 

Not everybody shares your idea of what is "fun" or "not fun".  It really does not matter if the tank you are spotting knows that you are spotting them.

 

Part of your claim is that 6th sense is not realistic.  Well, nether is repairing a track in a matter of second....or resurrecting a dead crew member....or having a case of cola on your tank improves it's ability in battle.  

 

However, 6th sense is more realist than any of those.  Tanks are not the stealthiest of vehicles.  Their exhaust can be seen.  The sound of their engines can be heard.  Branches and grass used as camo will wither and die and look out of place.  The sun reflects off of metal parts or bino lenses.  These are the subtle things that 6th sense is alerting you to.  In combat environments, 6th sense is often quite real....even if you can not really tell what alerted you in the first place.



Skeleton #87 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 06:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:16, said:

 

Not everybody shares your idea of what is "fun" or "not fun".  It really does not matter if the tank you are spotting knows that you are spotting them.

 

Part of your claim is that 6th sense is not realistic.  Well, nether is repairing a track in a matter of second....or resurrecting a dead crew member....or having a case of cola on your tank improves it's ability in battle.  

 

However, 6th sense is more realist than any of those.  Tanks are not the stealthiest of vehicles.  Their exhaust can be seen.  The sound of their engines can be heard.  Branches and grass used as camo will wither and die and look out of place.  The sun reflects off of metal parts or bino lenses.  These are the subtle things that 6th sense is alerting you to.  In combat environments, 6th sense is often quite real....even if you can not really tell what alerted you in the first place.

 

Nope, and already explained away this excuse not going to be bothered with it again, anyone interested can go read.  As far as the metal reflecting and such that is called being spotted or not by the team and is in the game.  However if I am NOT spotted and thus you do NOT see metal reflecting, exhaust, ect. then NO you should not know that I can see you, as you don't even know that I am there.

BrassFire #88 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:32

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 2842 battles
  • 1,511
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:18, said:

So with the incoming arty nerf and its lame stun mechanic it is only time to go back to the ORIGINAL world of tanks that did NOT have the ridiculous alien powers of Sixth Sense.

 

Sixth Sense is OP.

 

Sixth Sense has NEVER existed for any human being EVER!

 

It makes no sense whatsoever to have sixth sense in the game. 

 

Sixth Sense cheats light tanks out of their ability to scout and spot tanks.  Before sixth sense a tank would come around a corner and not know he was spotted and would continue to drive out and finally get shot but by that time it would be too late for him to quickly get back to cover before tanking more damage.

 

Now that same tank drives around the corner sixth sense goes off before teammates can even get their turrets turned and aimed in and he is back behind the corner.

 

LIGHT TANK CHEATED!

 

Tanks can basically spot/scout without ever actually seeing the enemy nor damage done to the environment all due to once again ALIEN POWERS!

 

Now you know there are tanks in the area because your Alien Powered Sixth Sense told you????

 

WHAT????

 

With the incoming arty nerf their is no justification to keep sixth sense around anymore!

 

The crybabies got their way and so they shouldn't be allowed to have some bogus sixth sense skill.  You only know you are spotted when you are shot or see the enemy forces yourself.

 

The wn8 farmers will rage and complain but if they were truly skilled they wouldn't need sixth sense.

 

So in conclusion War Gaming, it is time to remove Sixth Sense from the game, it never should have been in the game it has no real world reference to base it off of, and it cheats light tank players from being able to effectively scout, it was not in the original part of the game and was only implemented due to players crying about you guessed it, arty.

 

 

 

 

UPDATE:

 

 

So I was thinking while I was laying down to go to sleep last night considering all that was posted.

 

And in fairness and in its own right with the comparison perhaps sixth sense should not be completely removed ( I feel that it should doesn't make any sense zero real world references, ect.)

 

So An amendment to the proposal would be that sixth sense will ONLY work if the player that is actively spotting you, is his/herself spotted by your team at the time.

 

This will still re-balance and make it fair for passive scouters that should be able to spot tanks without them knowing.  

 

However other tanks including active scouts that do the constant circles and peaking over ridges will still have sixth sense work as it is now.

 

This would at least give way to the argument  that you could 'suspect' you were spotted since the tank that indeed just spotted you was also spotted by your team.

 

So War Gaming, my amended proposal would be to remove sixth sense alert IF the player that is spotting is NOT spotted his/herself.  Otherwise sixth sense can work as it currently does.  This still address the unbalance of trying to play a scout tank and having a skill take your ability away.

 

You're wrong.

 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200007/is-there-sixth-sense

 

^This kind of thing has happened to me before; I do things ahead of time due to dread and avoid something horrible.


Edited by BrassFire, Mar 21 2017 - 16:32.


BrassFire #89 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 2842 battles
  • 1,511
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:18, said:

So with the incoming arty nerf and its lame stun mechanic it is only time to go back to the ORIGINAL world of tanks that did NOT have the ridiculous alien powers of Sixth Sense.

 

Sixth Sense is OP.

 

Sixth Sense has NEVER existed for any human being EVER!

 

It makes no sense whatsoever to have sixth sense in the game. 

 

Sixth Sense cheats light tanks out of their ability to scout and spot tanks.  Before sixth sense a tank would come around a corner and not know he was spotted and would continue to drive out and finally get shot but by that time it would be too late for him to quickly get back to cover before tanking more damage.

 

Now that same tank drives around the corner sixth sense goes off before teammates can even get their turrets turned and aimed in and he is back behind the corner.

 

LIGHT TANK CHEATED!

 

Tanks can basically spot/scout without ever actually seeing the enemy nor damage done to the environment all due to once again ALIEN POWERS!

 

Now you know there are tanks in the area because your Alien Powered Sixth Sense told you????

 

WHAT????

 

With the incoming arty nerf their is no justification to keep sixth sense around anymore!

 

The crybabies got their way and so they shouldn't be allowed to have some bogus sixth sense skill.  You only know you are spotted when you are shot or see the enemy forces yourself.

 

The wn8 farmers will rage and complain but if they were truly skilled they wouldn't need sixth sense.

 

So in conclusion War Gaming, it is time to remove Sixth Sense from the game, it never should have been in the game it has no real world reference to base it off of, and it cheats light tank players from being able to effectively scout, it was not in the original part of the game and was only implemented due to players crying about you guessed it, arty.

 

 

 

 

UPDATE:

 

 

So I was thinking while I was laying down to go to sleep last night considering all that was posted.

 

And in fairness and in its own right with the comparison perhaps sixth sense should not be completely removed ( I feel that it should doesn't make any sense zero real world references, ect.)

 

So An amendment to the proposal would be that sixth sense will ONLY work if the player that is actively spotting you, is his/herself spotted by your team at the time.

 

This will still re-balance and make it fair for passive scouters that should be able to spot tanks without them knowing.  

 

However other tanks including active scouts that do the constant circles and peaking over ridges will still have sixth sense work as it is now.

 

This would at least give way to the argument  that you could 'suspect' you were spotted since the tank that indeed just spotted you was also spotted by your team.

 

So War Gaming, my amended proposal would be to remove sixth sense alert IF the player that is spotting is NOT spotted his/herself.  Otherwise sixth sense can work as it currently does.  This still address the unbalance of trying to play a scout tank and having a skill take your ability away.

 

Oh look, it's that "typical millennial mentality" striking again!

Skeleton #90 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 06:41

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011
Thanks for the bumps!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users