Time to get rid of Sixth Sense.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Skeleton #41 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:46, said:

Well if you want reality then they should get rid of the spotting mechanic that you can spot everything in 360 degrees of you. It should be what it is now only in the forward 90 degrees of the direction you're viewing, then fall off to half that to the sides and nothing to the rear.

That sounds like a wonderful suggestion, you should make a thread for it, I will support it.

Gothraul #42 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1223 battles
What a dumb idea really, at least crew perks are fair and everyone has use of them....

_FaTaL #43 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:53

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34426 battles

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 20:50, said:

NO I shouldn't get over it, I will fight for this for year if that is what it takes just like with arty, if its unbalanced, if its unfair then fix it.

This clearly is unfair to scouts, I have been there for the before and after and it is night and day what you could do BEFORE sixth sense when it came to passive scouts.  ESPECIALLY if you were willing to go deep into enemy lines quickly, but now people know they are spotted and will even shoot the common spots where they would have been spotted from killing or nearly killing the light tank that wasn't even spotted!

All because of some cheat ALIEN POWERED ability that magically let you know that you were seen by the enemy.

You know that this would affect scouts the worst.  If scouts were just sitting in their bush and got spotted, because of their low HP they would literally explode without being able to get cover, as scouts have the lowest HP tier to tier other than arty.

Skeleton #44 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View Post_FaTaL, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:44, said:

Then give us planes and radios instead of sixth sense, sixth sense is the answer to not having those.  Or did you not think of that?

You are confusing tanks that are spotted being displayed for you on the screen and the mini map for tanks spotting you.

Skeleton #45 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View Post_FaTaL, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:53, said:

You know that this would affect scouts the worst.  If scouts were just sitting in their bush and got spotted, because of their low HP they would literally explode without being able to get cover, as scouts have the lowest HP tier to tier other than arty.

Exactly the risk you SHOULD be taking when scouting, that is the gamble.  Being a scout both pre sixth sense and post sixth sense I can assure you that the gamble was worth it, that you got a lot more spotting damage and it was FAIR.

Seeing tanks go back into cover without ever even taking a hit or shooting themselves is bull,  It is cheating scouts.  

It is not needed in the game anymore as arty will soon be completely changed in how they support and the damage they can do.

_FaTaL #46 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:02

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34426 battles

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 20:56, said:

Exactly the risk you SHOULD be taking when scouting, that is the gamble.  Being a scout both pre sixth sense and post sixth sense I can assure you that the gamble was worth it, that you got a lot more spotting damage and it was FAIR.

Seeing tanks go back into cover without ever even taking a hit or shooting themselves is bull,  It is cheating scouts.  

It is not needed in the game anymore as arty will soon be completely changed in how they support and the damage they can do.

Like I said arty should be removed before sixth sense, because arty was never meant to be used as it is in this game.  

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #47 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 13564 battles
If anything just make crews returnable to an elited tank at full crew capacity for silver, not gold.  That is the issue not that some people don't have sixth sense.

Gang_Starr #48 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 12021 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Would be a dream come true for the 45%er TD players that just camp K1 all match.

Skeleton #49 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on Mar 18 2017 - 05:10, said:

Would be a dream come true for the 45%er TD players that just camp K1 all match.

In reality it would be a dream come true for the 'good' players you know those that sit in the back behind the TD's in ANY tank doesn't matter if it is a light, med, or hvy, and snipe farm wn8 with gold rounds and gold consumables.

As they are not in any danger there of being spotted let alone shot, that is why they are there in the first place.

And being safe and sound and able to spam away those 45%'ers who wouldn't know they are spotted thus big time jumps in wn8 from all that EASY snipe farmed wn8!!!!!!!!

Edited by Skeleton, Mar 18 2017 - 05:34.

Rocketmandb #50 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:43

Captain

• Players
  • 45418 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 18 2017 - 03:50, said:

All because of some cheat ALIEN POWERED ability that magically let you know that you were seen by the enemy.

Let's look at the other alien powers:

- The ability to instantly fix everything that's broken on the tank.

- The ability to instantly resurrect every crew member that's dead

- The ability to look at a tank and instantly tell what is damaged and what crew members are dead

- The ability to look at a tank and let all your friends see it after it otherwise would not be visible

- The ability to magically make your radio transmit longer distances

Sixth sense is not only a reasonable skill, but also has a "real life" feasible explanation for its inclusion in the game. "That tree line looks suspicious, and I see fresh tank tracks going into it."

Also, OP, you talk about how it is such bane to scouts. I'd argue that it is one of the most important skills a scout can have.

Regardless, this post is meaningless. The skill isn't going anywhere - except to possibly be free for everyone like it is in ships. 

Gang_Starr #51 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:46

Major

• Players
  • 12021 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 23:33, said:

In reality it would be a dream come true for the 'good' players you know those that sit in the back behind the TD's in ANY tank doesn't matter if it is a light, med, or hvy, and snipe farm wn8 with gold rounds and gold consumables.

As they are not in any danger there of being spotted let alone shot, that is why they are there in the first place.

And being safe and sound and able to spam away those 45%'ers who wouldn't know they are spotted thus big time jumps in wn8 from all that EASY snipe farmed wn8!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you got it all figured out m8, question is - why are you so bad at the game if you seem to know everything so well?

Aspalar_OG_Bulba #52 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 06:05

Captain

• Players
  • 22698 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

I give this dude some credit for either:

1) Trolling really really well.

or

2) Having the moxie to actually believe he wouldn't be so terrible and the unicums wouldn't be so good if it weren't for 6th sense. 

Valhalla11 #53 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 08:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11600 battles

View Post_FaTaL, on Mar 18 2017 - 03:24, said:

If you really want to whine and go down that road then you should just take arty out of the game all together, Arty was never meant to be primary anti-tank.  Arty's job is anti-infantry, bunker and destroying buildings or blockades.  Your argument is invalid cause you are talking about real world reference, and arty was never meant to do what it does in this game.

"Self propelled guns were never meant to take out dug in enemy armor"  

Wew lad thanks for that laugh

_Bagheera_ #54 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 09:19

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
Notsureifserious.

Savage__Apples #55 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 09:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33310 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO

View PostSkeleton, on Mar 17 2017 - 19:41, said:

Stop relying on Aliens to make you good, you need to get good.

Time to remove Sixth Sense from the game.

Make World of Tanks Great Again!

Think he needs to take his own advice and "get good".

LpBronco #56 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 10:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33769 battles
  • [TG] TG
All you H8Rs need to find another game to play OR GO BUILD THE GAME YOU WANT or right they did and no one is really playing it. This game has kept my attention for 7 years now and I've spent more on this game than all my other games combined. Nothing about this game needs to change to satisfy any of you. In lights defense, having flags pop-up showing the tank and exact direction of last shot taken should have been considered an undesirable addition and was really surprised by its inclusion. I have it disabled as it only adds to the screen clutter and is a visual distraction.

Motok0 #57 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 10:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 9249 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
no 

RingZero #58 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 10:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19041 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
You know, if you really want the developers to read this, you should put this in the feedback/suggestion forum.

FYI

Manabozo #59 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44145 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK
If you think people red line snipe now, implement this. :P

Skeleton #60 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42224 battles

So I was thinking while I was laying down to go to sleep last night considering all that was posted.

And in fairness and in its own right with the comparison perhaps sixth sense should not be completely removed ( I feel that it should doesn't make any sense zero real world references, ect.)

So An amendment to the proposal would be that sixth sense will ONLY work if the player that is actively spotting you, is their self spotted by your team at the time.

This will still re-balance and make it fair for passive scouters that should be able to spot tanks without them knowing.  

However other tanks including active scouts that do the constant circles and peaking over ridges will still have sixth sense work as it is now.

This would at least give way to the argument  that you could 'suspect' you were spotted since the tank that indeed just spotted you was also spotted by your team.

So War Gaming, my amended proposal would be to remove sixth sense alert IF the player that is spotting is NOT spotted his/herself.  Otherwise sixth sense can work as it currently does.  This still address the unbalance of trying to play a scout tank and having a skill take your ability away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users