• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_Reichandroll #1 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10483 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
https://foreignpolic...-fleeing-yemen/

Edited by _Reichandroll, Mar 18 2017 - 04:50.

1K1LLuDi3 #2 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19126 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ
That's statpading at it's best. 

Powerwise #3 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 04:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9842 battles

View Post_Reichandroll, on Mar 17 2017 - 22:49, said:

I'm a liberal and this triggers me greatly. 

There is absolutely no way that this story is biased or misinformed in any way whatsoever. 

I am a liberal and FU*K YOU!!!

Gothraul #4 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 05:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1223 battles
More concerned with chatter about military options being considered about North Korea while things continue to fall apart in the middle east, at this rate Syria and several others will fail to the point where they will no longer exist politically and will be up for grabs for other nations to gobble up. Think it is bad now just wait, over the next couple of years it is going to fall apart completely.

Cutthroatlemur #5 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 07:06

Major

• Players
  • 16595 battles
Good thing the smartest guy in the room is in charge...

nuclearguy931 #6 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 07:17

Major

• Players
  • 67100 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostCutthroatlemur, on Mar 18 2017 - 00:06, said:

Good thing the smartest guy in the room is in charge...

LOL. You must be referring to a room somewhere in Russia

Horribad_At_Tanks #7 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 09:56

Major

• Players
  • 2264 battles

View PostPowerwise, on Mar 17 2017 - 22:59, said:

I'm a liberal and this triggers me greatly. 

There is absolutely no way that this story is biased or misinformed in any way whatsoever. 

I am a liberal and FU*K YOU!!!

Why does a saudi attack chopper which probably mistook it for a pirate boat or boat full of houthi terrorists trigger you as a liberal? Shouldn't anyone regardless of political ideology be sad over this senseless loss of life?

View Postnuclearguy931, on Mar 18 2017 - 01:17, said:

LOL. You must be referring to a room somewhere in Russia

Actually the room will be in riyahd as the most likely suspect is the saudi arabian military looking for pirates and terrorists.

Ikanator #8 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 12:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5560 battles

I find this to be both deplorable and interesting.

It is obviously deplorable because the loss of innocent life is never something that should be condoned or taken lightly.

It is also interesting because while the details are sketchy, the fact that the AH-64 was not identified in terms of who was operating it raises the strong possibility that the aircraft was effectively unmarked. Now I know for a stone cold fact that if I as a political conservative were to make the suggestion that the U.S. Government was operating "black unmarked helicopters" I would be almost instantly subject to the most intense ridicule from those on the left. Yet here we have an incident where an apparently unmarked AH-64 was up to no good and the knee jerk reaction from the left seems to be that the U.S. Government was involved somehow. Why else would a liberal be "triggered"?

Yet a quick check on Wikipedia indicates that there are at least 5 countries in that area operating AH-64s. They are Egypt, Kuwait, Israel, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Wikipedia also notes that AH-64s are being manufactured under license in the U.K.. To further muddy the waters it should be noted that a ship does not have to be a specially designed aircraft carrier in order to be able to serve as a base of operations for a helicopter. Just about any large freighter/tanker could do that.

While I agree with Horribad_At_Tanks that Saudi Arabia is the most likely culprit, we may never know for sure. Indeed, given the bizarre nature that various intelligence operations can take, it could have been pulled off by somebody hoping to give the U.S. and or Saudi Arabia a black eye. The only thing I do know for sure these days is that it ia hsrd to take almost any source of information at face value these days.

Edited by Ikanator, Mar 18 2017 - 12:31.

SdKfz252 #9 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 9083 battles
  • [-IVI-] -IVI-

View PostIkanator, on Mar 18 2017 - 06:08, said:

I find this to be both deplorable and interesting.

It is obviously deplorable because the loss of innocent life is never something that should be condoned or taken lightly.

It is also interesting because while the details are sketchy, the fact that the AH-64 was not identified in terms of who was operating it raises the strong possibility that the aircraft was effectively unmarked. Now I know for a stone cold fact that if I as a political conservative were to make the suggestion that the U.S. Government was operating "black unmarked helicopters" I would be almost instantly subject to the most intense ridicule from those on the left. Yet here we have an incident where an apparently unmarked AH-64 was up to no good and the knee jerk reaction from the left seems to be that the U.S. Government was involved somehow. Why else would a liberal be "triggered"?

Yet a quick check on Wikipedia indicates that there are at least 5 countries in that area operating AH-64s. They are Egypt, Kuwait, Israel, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Wikipedia also notes that AH-64s are being manufactured under license in the U.K.. To further muddy the waters it should be noted that a ship does not have to be a specially designed aircraft carrier in order to be able to serve as a base of operations for a helicopter. Just about any large freighter/tanker could do that.

While I agree with Horribad_At_Tanks that Saudi Arabia is the most likely culprit, we may never know for sure. Indeed, given the bizarre nature that various intelligence operations can take, it could have been pulled off by somebody hoping to give the U.S. and or Saudi Arabia a black eye. The only thing I do know for sure these days is that it ia hsrd to take almost any source of information at face value these days.

It is indeed that Saudi Arabia is the most likely culprit, since a couple of days ago, the Houthi fighters shot down an AH-64, so perhaps this is the Saudi response to the Houthi luck of shooting down the Apache? However, the Arab Coalition against the Houthis does include Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, so while it could be Saudi, it could be Egyptian or UAE, but recently Egypt has taken a step back from the conflict, so we only have two "real" culprits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users