Jump to content


Can we get the Tiger II buffed already?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Motok0 #1 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 11:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10464 battles
  • 2,087
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

This thing sucks for its tier.

 

The numbers speak for itself below, poor win rate, poor destruction ratio, poor damage per battle, huge damage received, poor dpm, slow as hell, huge and easy target for arty, huge weak spot lower front plate and cupola, send it down a tier/rework tech tree or give it some love. I'm not saying omgwtfbbq give it a huge buff but it needs something.

 

Also want to mention ive played it and the lowe and the lowe is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in all regards, which is sad. 

 

My recommendation:

 

Increase alpha on top gun (10.5 L68) by 15 and/or give it 1600 or 1700 hp (Lowe is 1650, and Tiger 1 (T7) is 1500 as well, wth?. Yes I know this gun is shared with other tanks

 


Edited by Motok0, Mar 18 2017 - 12:20.


Dhizi #2 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 11:59

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4220 battles
  • 1,379
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016

..The top gun on the Tiger II is the 10,5 L/68, not the 8,8 L/71. Yes, the L/71 gives a higher DPM, but it has worse accuracy and much lower penetration -- Plus, the L/68 can get down to 0.28 gun dispersion with BiA/Vents and a full crew..That's SNIPER accurate.

 

I'd think the only improvement the tank could REALLY use is a better HP/Ton or terrain resistance, to give it the mobility it needs to keep on-pace with the current meta..Hell, even the T95 got a mobility buff..Wouldn't hurt to give the King Tiger the same treatment. 9.79 HP/ton is pretty poor..Even the VK 100 P which is 50 tons HEAVIER gets a better HP/Ton ratio..It's only limited by its max speed.


Edited by Dhizi, Mar 18 2017 - 11:59.


Motok0 #3 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 12:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10464 battles
  • 2,087
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View PostDhizi, on Mar 18 2017 - 05:59, said:

..The top gun on the Tiger II is the 10,5 L/68, not the 8,8 L/71. Yes, the L/71 gives a higher DPM, but it has worse accuracy and much lower penetration -- Plus, the L/68 can get down to 0.28 gun dispersion with BiA/Vents and a full crew..That's SNIPER accurate.

 

I'd think the only improvement the tank could REALLY use is a better HP/Ton or terrain resistance, to give it the mobility it needs to keep on-pace with the current meta..Hell, even the T95 got a mobility buff..Wouldn't hurt to give the King Tiger the same treatment. 9.79 HP/ton is pretty poor..Even the VK 100 P which is 50 tons HEAVIER gets a better HP/Ton ratio..It's only limited by its max speed.

 

i misspoke, the L71 is the stock gn and its worse in pen and damage, thanks for pointign out my error 

Edited by Motok0, Mar 18 2017 - 12:21.


Viper_Dragon #4 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 12:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28009 battles
  • 428
  • [HWDA] HWDA
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011
Just compare the damage per game of the Nazi vs Soviet tiers and U get your answer :)

OHGODNOTTHEBEES #5 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 12:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15347 battles
  • 363
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    05-02-2012

View PostViper_Dragon, on Mar 18 2017 - 03:27, said:

Just compare the damage per game of the Nazi vs Soviet tiers and U get your answer :)

 

Just because its German doesn't mean its "Nazi" you troglodyte. 

Babu_kun #6 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:03

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • 76
  • [TURCA] TURCA
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

View PostOHGODNOTTHEBEES, on Mar 18 2017 - 07:43, said:

Just because its German doesn't mean its "Nazi" you troglodyte. 

 

The Tiger II was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army for the later part of the Second World War.

 

P.S. Perhaps you should study up on these things before insulting people with a word that could better refer to yourself.


Edited by Babu_kun, Mar 18 2017 - 13:06.


OHGODNOTTHEBEES #7 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15347 battles
  • 363
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    05-02-2012

View PostBabu_kun, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:03, said:

 

The Tiger II was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army for the later part of the Second World War.

 

P.S. Perhaps you should study up on these things before insulting people with a word that could better refer to yourself.

 

Nazism is an ideology, saying that the German army was the "Nazi Army" is stupid to say the least.
And saying the German army was compiled with nothing but Nazis is down right wrong as can be.

 


Edited by OHGODNOTTHEBEES, Mar 18 2017 - 13:34.


Babu_kun #8 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • 76
  • [TURCA] TURCA
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

View PostOHGODNOTTHEBEES, on Mar 18 2017 - 08:33, said:

Nazism is an ideology, saying that the German army was the "Nazi Army" is stupid to say the least.
And saying the German army was compiled with nothing but Nazis is down right wrong as can be.

 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nazi

 

I never said every person enlisted as a soldier for Germany during WWII was a Nazi, BUT the ruling party and the one enlisting them were.

 

View PostBabu_kun, on Mar 18 2017 - 08:03, said:

The Tiger II was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army for the later part of the Second World War.

 

What I was referring to was the ruling parties (The Nazis) battle decisions to use that tank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II

 



lordawesome7 #9 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:49

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18669 battles
  • 1,102
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostBabu_kun, on Mar 18 2017 - 07:03, said:

 

The Tiger II was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army for the later part of the Second World War.

 

P.S. Perhaps you should study up on these things before insulting people with a word that could better refer to yourself.

 

* "Tiger 2 was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army" *

*says you should study history*  ~  *makes a counter claim using Wikipedia as a viable source of information*

 

Posted Image


Edited by lordawesome7, Mar 18 2017 - 13:50.


OHGODNOTTHEBEES #10 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15347 battles
  • 363
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    05-02-2012

View PostBabu_kun, on Mar 18 2017 - 04:48, said:

 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nazi

 

I never said every person enlisted as a soldier for Germany during WWII was a Nazi, BUT the ruling party and the one enlisting them were.

 

 

What I was referring to was the ruling parties (The Nazis) battle decisions to use that tank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II

 

 

When you call an entire army "the Nazi army" you literally imply that its made up with nothing but Nazis.

Babu_kun #11 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:52

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • 76
  • [TURCA] TURCA
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

View Postlordawesome7, on Mar 18 2017 - 08:49, said:

 

* "Tiger 2 was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army" *

*says you should study history*  ~  *makes a counter claim using Wikipedia as a viable source of information*

 

Sorry I get my i and my ii confused, but you should still be seeing my point towards OHGODNOTTHEBEES

 

Edit: Noticed your edit, you think I read that [edited], just googled and pasted to get point across to Mr/Mrs BEES here because they are incapable of doing the same.


Edited by Babu_kun, Mar 18 2017 - 13:59.


Babu_kun #12 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 13:56

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • 76
  • [TURCA] TURCA
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

View PostOHGODNOTTHEBEES, on Mar 18 2017 - 08:52, said:

When you call an entire army "the Nazi army" you literally imply that its made up with nothing but Nazis.

 

I was implying that it was the army being controlled by the Nazi state



lordawesome7 #13 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 14:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18669 battles
  • 1,102
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostBabu_kun, on Mar 18 2017 - 07:52, said:

 

Sorry I get my i and my ii confused, but you should still be seeing my point towards OHGODNOTTHEBEES

 

Edit: Noticed your edit, you think I read that [edited], just googled and pasted to get point across to Mr/Mrs BEES here because they are incapable of doing the same.

 

i just edited the ~ part in since your following statement was using Wikipedia as if it were a reliable source of information

Babu_kun #14 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 14:40

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • 76
  • [TURCA] TURCA
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

View Postlordawesome7, on Mar 18 2017 - 09:33, said:

i just edited the ~ part in since your following statement was using Wikipedia as if it were a reliable source of information

 

I think it more reliable than a site I have never heard of, also I think the first page of result were either useless or multiple different wiki pages, I didn't really was to spend 10 min looking for the right site to make a 10sec counter statement.



Motok0 #15 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 14:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10464 battles
  • 2,087
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

thanks for derailing this thread idiots.

 

 



Babu_kun #16 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 14:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • 76
  • [TURCA] TURCA
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

View PostMotok0, on Mar 18 2017 - 09:41, said:

thanks for derailing this thread idiots.

 

My appologies, I never meant it to get this heated.

 

I don't have the Tiger II myself but I do have the VK A, which I would call a similar tank on paper. So what I would say on the matter is that because of the recent release of premium heavies they have in a sense been left in the dirt. Have slower rate of fires, worse power to weight and in certain areas armor (they could still have better armor, haven't done too much of a comparison) so I believe it would at least help that those not willing to shell out $50~ can perform the same as those that do.



landedkiller #17 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 05:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7560 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

View PostBabu_kun, on Mar 18 2017 - 06:03, said:

 

The Tiger II was the standard heavy tank of the Nazi army for the later part of the Second World War.

 

P.S. Perhaps you should study up on these things before insulting people with a word that could better refer to yourself.

 

Funny I thought that was the point of the e series during the war Ibelieve it was not the tiger2 but the panzer 4 amd the stug td that were the most used




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users