Remove stat tracking mods to increase positivity again

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove stat tracking mods yes or no (97 members have cast votes)

Remove xvm stat tracking for other players

1. yes (60 votes [61.86%])

Percentage of vote: 61.86%

2. no (32 votes [32.99%])

Percentage of vote: 32.99%

3. mixed opinion (5 votes [5.15%])

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

Remove xvm win chance

1. yes (73 votes [75.26%])

Percentage of vote: 75.26%

2. no (22 votes [22.68%])

Percentage of vote: 22.68%

3. mixed opinion (2 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

how do you feel about xvm in general

1. love it (25 votes [25.77%])

Percentage of vote: 25.77%

2. mixed/meh (32 votes [32.99%])

Percentage of vote: 32.99%

3. hate it (40 votes [41.24%])

Percentage of vote: 41.24%

If stat tracking was removed for other players do you feel it would reduce ingame toxicity?

1. yes (58 votes [59.79%])

Percentage of vote: 59.79%

2. no (36 votes [37.11%])

Percentage of vote: 37.11%

3. other (3 votes [3.09%])

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

landedkiller #1 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6815 battles

Hello forums aren't you all tired of being xvm sniped ? The mod xvm I am sure your all familiar with it I believe this mod causes toxicity in wot pc and deserves to be modified in a way that only shows your stats and not other players. The game could be more friendly to long term players who just want to have a fun game without being targeted all the time. In wot console these things do not exist and I notice a much more positive atmosphere in their game. In wot pc I believe that in order to reduce this over competitive culture that has developed we need to start removing ingame advantages such as other player stat tracking in game. Don't we all just want to play a game in peace and have fun without some arty targeting us because we are good at the game, I am sure a lot of us do. There is a reason of why mods aren't allowed in competitive formats such as esports I believe the same needs to be done for pub matches as well. The things driving away veteran players ie players who have played for more than three years are things like xvm and stat tracking mods. I say leave the parts of the mod that track your own stats but wg disable the coding that allows this mod to track other player's stats. You will notice I have put win chance in the options because I believe this stat is inaccurate half of the time and only encourages a negative attitude among teammates in game. I want wot pc to be fun for everyone again like it used to be without all of these stat tracking mods running amok and causing players to be frustrated all the time because they get xvm sniped. Unicums can go and brag about their stats all they want with their own stats tracking enabled but tracking other player's stats disabled. I want battles to be fun like they used to be not a xvm snipefest like they are today. The creator of xvm if you would be so kind to do these changes yourself or add an option for players to hide their stats it would be greatly appreciated thanks. If anybody knows the xvm mod creator email please show them this thread

​added bolded lettering for main points

Edited by landedkiller, Mar 19 2017 - 05:11.

Never_Lose_Hope #2 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14074 battles
  • [-HOPE] -HOPE
As peeps have told me, having low stats is a good "camo" against them xvm stat trackers...

Mudman24 #3 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 34784 battles
I had another one last night head for the water because we didn't have a chance he said. Then of course he got several players arguing with him and they were all worthless. Happens way too often.

Gothraul #4 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1232 battles

Just removing it alone would improve the meta and any benefit from there on would be a bonus. Sick and tired of the extreme camping on low % while the other team yolos like it is world war z because they had gotten a high % chance to win. The xvm focus is Horrendously cancerous!!!!

dmckay #5 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 12126 battles
Bout 3 years ago (or whenever it appeared) I ranted about XVM and why such a thing was allowed in the game.  I have not changed my opinion. It's stupid and I have noted that a hell of a lot of players have come to the same conclusion and have ditched it as a mod. 

Edited by dmckay, Mar 18 2017 - 17:50.

TheAngelOfRoses #6 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2624 battles
Like most tools

Its useful, until someone figured out how to use it as a weapon.

landedkiller #7 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6815 battles
The proposal in one sentence is to hide other player tracking in xvm or wg disable the code that allows xvm to do this and to possibly remove win chance as both cause a lot of toxicity in game, in addition this would reduce in game toxicity.

Edited by landedkiller, Mar 18 2017 - 18:19.

1mp0ster #8 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31142 battles
Removing XVM would remove a lot more toxicity than removing all-talk.

Mad_Maxximus #9 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23455 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postlandedkiller, on Mar 18 2017 - 16:28, said:

Hello forums aren't you all tired of being xvm sniped ? The mod xvm I am sure your all familiar with it I believe this mod causes toxicity in wot pc and deserves to be modified in a way that only shows your stats and not other players. The game could be more friendly to long term players who just want to have a fun game without being targeted all the time. In wot console these things do not exist and I notice a much more positive atmosphere in their game. In wot pc I believe that in order to reduce this over competitive culture that has developed we need to start removing ingame advantages such as other player stat tracking. Don't we all just want to play a game in peace and have fun without some arty targeting us because we are good at the game, I am sure a lot of us do. There is a reason of why mods aren't allowed in competitive formats such as esports I believe the same needs to be done for pub matches as well. The things driving away vetaran players ie players who have played fro more than three years are things like xvm and stat tracking mods. I say leave the parts of the mod that track your own stats but wg disable the coding that allows this mod to track other player's stats. You will notice I have put win chance in the options because I believe this stat is inaccurate half of the time and only encourages a negative attitude among teammates in game. I want wot pc to be fun for everyone again like it used to be without all of these stat tracking mods running amok and causing players to be frustrated all the time because they get xvm sniped. Unicums can go and brag about their stats all they want with their own stats tracking enabled but tracking other player's stats disabled. I want battles to be fun like they used to be not a xvm snipefest like they are today. The creator of xvm if you would be so kind to do these changes yourself or add an option for players to hide their stats it would be greatly appreciated thanks. If anybody knows the xvm mod creator email please show them this thread

Please tell the community why you really want to do away with XVM.  And don't feed us any of that arty targeting us because we are good at the game bs!  Geez...

landedkiller #10 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6815 battles

View PostMad_Maxximus, on Mar 18 2017 - 11:16, said:

Please tell the community why you really want to do away with XVM.  And don't feed us any of that arty targeting us because we are good at the game bs!  Geez...

second response ^

Lobo_Oso #11 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 29898 battles
  • [3C11R] 3C11R
I agree remove XVM . I have been in way to many battles that team cries wolf, than camp/leave game drown not support a front etc etc. The list is long. One so called game we had 17% win rate 2 drowned 2 camped leaving team with 11 active players. The great part is we as a team remaining refused to lose. Boom we won, best game I have played in a week was with that die hard team.

aragas11 #12 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:22

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 24387 battles
  • [_SOS_] _SOS_
You do realize that Wargaming keeps track of all your stats right? XVM doesn't do anything but show you that information while in matches. People can look up your stats in the garage and on the web page. And you spelled POSITIVITY wrong.

Hellsfog #13 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 29716 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostMad_Maxximus, on Mar 18 2017 - 12:16, said:

It's true the OP is being disingenuous but that is really besides the point. The XVM win chance is [edited]cancer mostly because players at the OP's level think it's a real stat and don't know how to turn it off themselves. Getting rid of it can only help.

GaiusMaximus010 #14 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1290 battles

XVM is life XVM is love

% to win chance is a stupid lie though and should go

Edited by GaiusMaximus010, Mar 18 2017 - 18:27.

Mad_Maxximus #15 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23455 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostLobo_Oso, on Mar 18 2017 - 17:20, said:

I agree remove XVM . I have been in way to many battles that team cries wolf, than camp/leave game drown not support a front etc etc. The list is long. One so called game we had 17% win rate 2 drowned 2 camped leaving team with 11 active players. The great part is we as a team remaining refused to lose. Boom we won, best game I have played in a week was with that die hard team.

​Please post the replay of that battle?  That would be the most epic replay of all to see AND to show others who play this game.  I would like to see what all the team mates say in chat while this battle progresses too.  LOL Please post it asap, thanks.  And if I were you, I would be sending it to everyone that I knew of that posts replays, such as QB, MJ, SL, to name a few....

Edited by Mad_Maxximus, Mar 18 2017 - 18:34.

landedkiller #16 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6815 battles

View Postaragas11, on Mar 18 2017 - 11:22, said:

You do realize that Wargaming keeps track of all your stats right? XVM doesn't do anything but show you that information while in matches. People can look up your stats in the garage and on the web page. And you spelled POSITIVITY wrong.

I am advocating for it to be hidden when in a game I am well aware that people can look up stats in other places

saru_richard #17 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17222 battles
  • [H-H] H-H
this is going to be fun :popcorn:

_Tsavo #18 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 36117 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

I have a bit of a long winded opinion on this subject, so ye be warned.

At the start, I was an advocate for using XVM.  It was a tool that let me seek out better players on my team and see what they were doing.  Where did they go?  How did they handle an adverse situation?  Likewise the better players caught me attention on the enemy team.  For a long while I was one of those "HUR DUR GOTTA SHOOT THE GUD PLAYER HURRRRRRR" which often left me with 1-3 shots of damage into a good player and my corpse a smoldering pile.  

As time went on, I learned, observed, and tried new things with my playstyle.  XVM stopped becoming an evaluation tool for other players and started becoming a daily match goal and a personal yard stick.  I also started going for damage early, if a purple was in a tough position to get to, I'd ignore them and instead eat their pubbies.  A purple doesn't far to well against superior numbers bum rushing them.

For the last year and a half, I've not been using mods.  XVM had it's benefits, mainly giving me a system to measure my performance and a color code to use to observe how the really good players did it.  At a certain point, that was no longer helpful and with each patch involving new mods and general instability, I walked away from using mods altogether, not just XVM.  For the last 6 months I was using mods, I did not have XVM active.

And now today, my opinion is that XVM -and other mods- are part of the flavor of this game and should stay.

What should be altered, instead of mods, is how the enemy team is presented.  Currently, you get player name (and thus XVM ratings) and clan tags (and thus a unique identifier that this player is good/bad/troll, etc) which allow XVM to pull data for the names and an observant player to know, if they have XVM or no, a competent enemy from a potato.  

I'd love to see the enemy team simply be tank names.  That's it.  No names?  No XVM for the enemy team.  No clan tags?  No blatant focus because top clan tag.  Only show names and clan tags for your allies, and even then it'd be nice to have your allies be only tank names as well.

Only allow names and clan tags to show up in the after battle report.

That, in my opinion, will negate the need for many to run XVM.

As far as toxicity goes, that'll never stop.  There will always be Player A who thinks Player B cheated because B killed A.  There will always be super elites who look down on everyone and expect them to kiss their golden member.  There will always be poor players raging long into the night about things they simply fail to understand.

A more positive atmosphere would be a pleasant change around here.

Bronco2219 #19 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 19:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18604 battles
  • [69CBR] 69CBR

XVM is just like horse racing's favourite to win! Then the best horse slip in the mud and lose by a tail.  Count down has just started the the crying along with it. A shot has not even fired and some are balling tears.

Team pulls together and pulls out a win. 

XVM just pulls the numbers and predicts a win or lose. It is in no way set in stone as to the out come.

Mikosah #20 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 17414 battles
Stats aren't the root of the problem. They're must the middle-man, a scapegoat, or whatever else you want to call them. The problem is that WoT is a frustrating game whose rewards are only apparent in the long run. You play for a couple years and then look back on your tech tree, proud of all the grinding you did. Or you look at your career averages and find some number that makes you happy. But in the short term, you have a random, team-dependent game to deal with. Some matches just aren't going to be worth it. Some will be so pointless that you'll actually regret pressing that battle button in the first place. And when players are frustrated, they vent their frustration, that's a fact of life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users