Remove stat tracking mods to increase positivity again

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove stat tracking mods yes or no (97 members have cast votes)

Remove xvm stat tracking for other players

1. yes (60 votes [61.86%])

Percentage of vote: 61.86%

2. no (32 votes [32.99%])

Percentage of vote: 32.99%

3. mixed opinion (5 votes [5.15%])

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

Remove xvm win chance

1. yes (73 votes [75.26%])

Percentage of vote: 75.26%

2. no (22 votes [22.68%])

Percentage of vote: 22.68%

3. mixed opinion (2 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

how do you feel about xvm in general

1. love it (25 votes [25.77%])

Percentage of vote: 25.77%

2. mixed/meh (32 votes [32.99%])

Percentage of vote: 32.99%

3. hate it (40 votes [41.24%])

Percentage of vote: 41.24%

If stat tracking was removed for other players do you feel it would reduce ingame toxicity?

1. yes (58 votes [59.79%])

Percentage of vote: 59.79%

2. no (36 votes [37.11%])

Percentage of vote: 37.11%

3. other (3 votes [3.09%])

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Empty_Pockets #21 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 19:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 32026 battles
  • [F1LTH] F1LTH
Yet another post from someone crying about XVM and it causing so many problems. Please grow up and realize that even if you remove xvm there are going to be those in every match that look at the tanks on the other team and instantly go oh crapwe can't win this and give up. Some that will cry instantly because they are bottom tier and give up. Those who will start spewing all the negative crap about the chances of their team's chance to win before the battle even starts. The people that want to remove xvm and think it will fix things are as bad to me as the idiots who think that removing guns from people will stop people from killing each other. I mean come on before guns we killed each other with bows and arrows and swords.........the guns didn't cause people to die and removing them won't stop it. Removing xvm doesn't cause all of the in game drama and trash talking.....it would continue without xvm because there will always be those playing any game that aren't happy with anything and constantly cry about everything and nothing is ever their fault. Do i think it would get rid of some things like xvm sniping.........umm no. Most players that have been in the game for any decent amount of time know who the good players and good clans are so those who target the good players will still do so without xvm people. As for all the rest of the arguments about getting rid of xvm get a grip people all of those things will still happen without it. Best thing i can say to all of you who cry about xvm, and prem rounds, and arty is suck it up buttercup. Two choices really, play the game or quit. It's as simple as that.

zed2204 #22 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 19:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35549 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

So, no one ever rerolled to be purple ? Bought credits, premium and gold to - skip tanks, modules, train crew, play with food, shoot prem rounds on everything that requires it and so on BECAUSE OF STATS ? Statpading ain't real ?
( I am not saying everyone that does that cares about stats, but if 1 out of 50 or 100 or even 1000 desides he wants that color it still amounts to a big number)
What difference stat sites or WG profile makes, who checks that, ingame stats are the bragging, internet ego, in your face that people crave

So if 1 in a 100 spends an extra dollar every month because if stats
That is just pure profit , why will WG ever remove it ? It may integrate it but why, now it is a third party MOD, you don't like it not WG's fault

Don't have XVM from the patch that got us an damage counter, and I generally have better time than before, I am never installing that again

Edited by zed2204, Mar 18 2017 - 19:14.

bockscar43 #23 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 19:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24944 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
If one would think about it, stats are the center of this toxic subject. Wots produces the stats and allows their distribution and consumption by anyone interested. Wots is in stat overload, everything about this game revolve around stats, tanks, modules, guns, people in or out of the tank. Wots needs to curb the personal data, cause it is personal. Also what tank commander ever had their enemies 201 file in front of him.....just sayn from a tomato.

Motok0 #24 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 19:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 11156 battles
agreed 10000% 

dmckay #25 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 12313 battles

View Postbockscar43, on Mar 18 2017 - 13:38, said:

If one would think about it, stats are the center of this toxic subject. Wots produces the stats and allows their distribution and consumption by anyone interested. Wots is in stat overload, everything about this game revolve around stats, tanks, modules, guns, people in or out of the tank. Wots needs to curb the personal data, cause it is personal. Also what tank commander ever had their enemies 201 file in front of him.....just sayn from a tomato.

Stats are ok BUT as you say Wot deliberately makes it stat overload.  It's a marketing gig.  Buy a NEW OP tank. Some players just live and die over their numbers.  I have seen players on these forums who are VERY good go  carping/whining crazy cause they dropped 1/2 point in their stats...like from 56% to 56 and 1/2.  Duh.   Nuts. Some go crazy over this.  It's a riot.:D

landedkiller #26 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 05:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles
I am liking what I am seeing here with the feedback so I encourage you all to share it with other players who may not visit the forums that often. I want to see this be done to increase the enjoyment of the game so that less veteran players leave because of the current toxicity surrounding this mod. Yes I know they're other factors as well, but I believe making the changes to have the ability to hide your stats while in a game would go far as those who want to still show off could and those who don't want to. Can have their peace of mind back. We play games tohave fun not to be worried over some stats unless your in a clan. If you are then yes I can understand your reasons for wanting to show off and such. Let's have the ability to hide our stats though if we want to have peace of mind alright. Half of the problem is , is finding out who made xvm and who can change it to make it a more positive thing for wot instead of causing negativity because of inaccurate stats like win chance.

zed2204 #27 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 08:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35549 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

Overall I doubt hiding stats will happen, it will make XVM superfluous if many do it
But realistically the blues and purples will hide their stats and still be focused because you can see that they hid their stats, tomatoes that do it because they have bad numbers will be discouraged because they would be mistakingly focused or because it will require doing something outside of the client ( I found about XVM when I was probably 15k games in)

The more realistic thing that we can petition (or something) to XVM creators is disabling stats when playng Arty only
It won't end YOLOing and focusing but it will be a big help

And I think that will actually help XVM as it will decrease the negativity towards it and will probably bring more people to using it

Edited by zed2204, Mar 19 2017 - 08:50.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #28 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 15063 battles
  • [POET] POET

Remove it and shoot anyone who uses it.

Anyone who advocates for it remaining in the game, shoot at once.

n4cer67 #29 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15412 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Nothing wrong with XVM, it's just a tool and just a scapegoat for people that have bad games.

the_Deadly_Bulb #30 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:39

Captain

• Players
  • 17774 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

First of all the OP has stats that DO NOT EVER bring XVM snipers. Like me they fly well under the XVM sniper's radar.

If XVM was gone the kiddies would just find something else to whine about and shame you about, like your PR, or your play style, or your play skill, or the flag on your tank, or that you play arty, or that you're camping, or that your mom was stupid and should have dropped you on your head. The ability to find something to pick at someone about on the internet is infinite.

Go play, forget about XVM if you don't like it. Use it if you do. Stop crying those sweet pubbie tears it makes me laugh nearly uncontrollably.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 21 2017 - 02:40.

SpectreHD #31 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostTheAngelOfRoses, on Mar 19 2017 - 01:07, said:

Like most tools

Its useful, until someone figured out how to use it as a weapon.

*Looks at teaspoon.*

Hmm.....

View Postaragas11, on Mar 19 2017 - 01:22, said:

You do realize that Wargaming keeps track of all your stats right? XVM doesn't do anything but show you that information while in matches. People can look up your stats in the garage and on the web page. And you spelled POSITIVITY wrong.

If people are looking at stats in the garage or the web site, who cares. It is the stats during the match that should be removed.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #32 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 08:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 15063 battles
  • [POET] POET

View Postn4cer67, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:34, said:

Nothing wrong with XVM, it's just a tool and just a scapegoat for people that have bad games.

If I personally have a bad game and accomplish nothing, it is on me.  If a valuable tank on my team kills himself or encourages the team to play indifferently, it is on him and the mind<love> tool of XVM is assisting him in lowering the quality of the competitive experience.

Hagendansk #33 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 08:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20493 battles

I use XVM mainly because it has gold/xp locking, automatic crew returning, better filters for garage, better minimap... 

The stats stuff I don't care much about and think it has harmed the game. 

I sometimes use it to identify presumably good players/unicums and then watch what sort of despicable morons they usually are... xD

landedkiller #34 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 05:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:39, said:

First of all the OP has stats(Thread is for the community thank you my stats are poor I know it they are not the topic is this thread thanks) that DO NOT EVER bring XVM snipers. Like me they fly well under the XVM sniper's radar.

This is for the community as a whole to allow players to hide their stats while in a match not outside of a match. I am not complaining merely stating the obvious fact that Xvm win chance is an inaccurate Statistic and needs to go. The reason being it encourages negativity in game. I have seen many a game end because someone wanted to complain about win chance all match instead of paying attention he got blown up by arty and td's on the enemy team. All other parts of Xvm I advocate to remain.

Unknown0ne #35 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 07:16

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 27517 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postlandedkiller, on Mar 22 2017 - 23:15, said:

This is for the community as a whole to allow players to hide their stats while in a match not outside of a match. I am not complaining merely stating the obvious fact that Xvm win chance is an inaccurate Statistic and needs to go. The reason being it encourages negativity in game. I have seen many a game end because someone wanted to complain about win chance all match instead of paying attention he got blown up by arty and td's on the enemy team. All other parts of Xvm I advocate to remain.

The problem you describe is not one of XVM, it is the mindset of the player that is at fault for their actions. If it wasn't XVM, it would be the enemy team having more top tier tanks, or more HP, or more heavies, or more TDs, or more artillery, or whatever else they could find to complain about instead of playing the game. 

XVM is a tool, taking away the tool won't treat the underlying issue. There will always be another outlet.

Mind, I would absolutely love if XVM (and viewing player names on the enemy team in general) could be blocked in battle to prevent XVM sniping mainly, but I don't really see that happening.

xeromorris #36 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 05:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13256 battles
  • [STUMP] STUMP

Well i would say that the results of the poll are pretty overwhelming.

stats are fine in the game. but in my opinion the only one(s) that should be able to see said stats are that stats owner and maybe their clan leader/vice leader for the ability to choose who is to be invited into their clans.
if you play a match with a WGL tagged player, after the match if you try to look at their service record, it is locked and you cant view any of their info. thats how it should be. locking service records also locks down XVM and removes whatever toxicity will be thrown around because of someones "color" or stats.

the problem is that by locking stats, WG loses money. there would be no need for players to reroll, buy premium tanks to farm credits/free exp and skip over [edited]tanks in order to get the good stat padding ones... in reality, that is the only reason why they are not locked for everyone. WG knows that there are tons of people who want to flex some imaginary epeen over others and they can make profit off of them.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #37 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 17:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 15063 battles
  • [POET] POET
Making stats hidden is a bad idea because the desire to get better is part of what drives the game.  Even if they kept XVM but made them get rid of the 'you're prolly gonna lose this round' chance to win nonsense then I would be happy.  Seriously what is the point of chance to win?  I get the argument for knowing who and who not to trust on your team, but if it is a low chance to win do you decide that now is the time to stop watching TV and actually try or something?  Also you see that unicorncums do not like the enemy arty targeting them so why not just make it so that at most you can see only your own team's statistics?!?!?¿

Edited by Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, Mar 24 2017 - 17:05.

xeromorris #38 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 09:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13256 battles
  • [STUMP] STUMP

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on Mar 24 2017 - 17:02, said:

Making stats hidden is a bad idea because the desire to get better is part of what drives the game.  Even if they kept XVM but made them get rid of the 'you're prolly gonna lose this round' chance to win nonsense then I would be happy.  Seriously what is the point of chance to win?  I get the argument for knowing who and who not to trust on your team, but if it is a low chance to win do you decide that now is the time to stop watching TV and actually try or something?  Also you see that unicorncums do not like the enemy arty targeting them so why not just make it so that at most you can see only your own team's statistics?!?!?¿

how would locking stats from others benig able to see them going to stop those who actually want to get better from improving? locking them will probably even lower the seal clubbing epeen stat padders because people wont be able to see their 5k+ games in a t67 spamming gold at noobies. it also makes it to where players cant stat snipe others. i see it in matches every day, "focus kill *random name dude* asap, he is purple. you shouldn't be able to outright separate one out of 15 people just because they play their tank better than others.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #39 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 22:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 15063 battles
  • [POET] POET
I agree.  Why are you phrasing that as if I am an apologist for the XVM mod?

8bit_Gamer #40 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 22:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13955 battles

View Postaragas11, on Mar 18 2017 - 17:22, said:

You do realize that Wargaming keeps track of all your stats right? XVM doesn't do anything but show you that information while in matches. People can look up your stats in the garage and on the web page. And you spelled POSITIVITY wrong.

XVM influences both social interaction and tactical decisions while within a battle, not afterward. The results of this influence, in my experience, have been negative more times than positive.

I enjoy tracking my own stats through both Wotlabs and the in-game performance screen. I would prefer this information not be easily accessible during battle for the aforementioned reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users