Returning player questiom about the jgtig.8,8 cm

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Cloudy_BigTiny #1 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I played a ton of world of tanks back in the closed and open beta for xbox 360 grinded up to the t95 and jagdtiger and someother tier 9 tanks just got a pc and figured i would download the game i dont have the time to put in to get back up to those tears but love playing in them over the lower tiers was woundering if the jgtig.8 8cm can hang at the tears it is in and plays with i would be using it for a game or 2 every day maybe more depending on time thanks in advance 

RushingJaws #2 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:32

Captain

• Players
  • 12921 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

Tears? A Jgtd. 8,8 driver would be in tears after a few games. It's not very good.

If you're looking to buy a tier 8 TD, pick up the Scorpion G. More accurate gun, with higher alpha and penetration, on a vehicle that is fast enough to get around the map as needed. Fairly cheap ammo cost for the alpha it does too, so you'll print credits so long as you are penning what you shoot at.

The lack of armor really is the only downside but if you are careful, no worries. It's not as though the Jagdtiger 8,8's armor is reliable in this day and age.

HowitzerBlitzer #3 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:42

Major

• Players
  • 14211 battles

View PostRushingJaws, on Mar 19 2017 - 07:32, said:

Tears? A Jgtd. 8,8 driver would be in tears after a few games. It's not very good.

It's not good? I've been wrong all along then... I've had tons of great games in mine.

TenDelta #4 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 15485 battles

Hello @Cloudy_BigTiny,

I just want to make some recommendations regarding premium tank purchases.  The biggest benefit for premium tanks is being able to train a crew with some serious bonuses.  This is probably the least talked about feature, but in my opinion one of the most important.  In the end your crew skills in my opinion can have a huge impact on player performance.  Anyway, I know you had said the Jagdtiger was one of the ones you played on the Xbox 360.  So if you plan to go up the German line again, you have the option of either the Skorpion G or the Jagdtiger 8,8.  Skorpion G is pretty amazing I have seen some not so good players do very well with that tank, but it plays more to the Waffenträger auf E 100 style of play, where the Jagdtiger lends itself more to the Jagdpanzer E 100 style.  Do you plan on getting these tanks eventually?  I'm not saying it should be your only motivation, but both of these premium TDs and their respective non-premium lines are very different play styles.  Anyway, I would honestly wait until you got to around tier 7 or 8 before making a Tier 8 premium purchase.  Just to see if you are going to keep playing and make it worth your investment.

Just giving you some suggestions regarding what end result you are seeking vs. buying something that some one tells you is good or not, because your mileage may vary.

Happy Tanking,

TD

Cloudy_BigTiny #5 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostRushingJaws, on Mar 19 2017 - 12:32, said:

If you're looking to buy a tier 8 TD, pick up the Scorpion G. More accurate gun, with higher alpha and penetration, on a vehicle that is fast enough to get around the map as needed. Fairly cheap ammo cost for the alpha it does too, so you'll print credits so long as you are penning what you shoot at.

The lack of armor really is the only downside but if you are careful, no worries. It's not as though the Jagdtiger 8,8's armor is reliable in this day and age.

I dont even have the option to buyscorpion right now 

GrEaSe_WhEeL #6 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39852 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO
Well first off those tiers anyway the jag 88 is a good td but not so flexible you should go for one of those new object tanks "your pick" they would be more flexible in my opinion so you can really stretch your legs and get a better feel of the pc version of wot and also they are new and have good pen and armor but they do see tier 10 matches unlike the jag 88 only see's up to tier 9.

GrEaSe_WhEeL #7 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39852 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostCloudy_BigTiny, on Mar 19 2017 - 03:44, said:

rheinmetall skorpion g in the wot store right now.

Cloudy_BigTiny #8 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostCloudy_BigTiny, on Mar 19 2017 - 12:44, said:

Never mind found it 

panzer_elite3 #9 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6480 battles
  • [M-H] M-H

the Jagtiger 88 lends its armor very well on narrow choke points where it's heavy armor will work to the TD's favor but pay attention to which tanks u can and

cannot penetrate.

Ausgaz #10 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 33809 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

Jagdtiger 88 was a great premium tank about 18 months ago (I have 1380 battles in mine). unfortunately the game is now flooded with tanks that easily kill the JT88. If you want a tier 8 premium go for the soviet lines (IS-6 or T54 mod 1) or the skorpion g.

But if you are just starting out in WOT PC then do as TenDelta suggested and concentrate on the low tier stuff for a good while. If you must spend some cash do so on 1 or more T5 or T6 premiums.

Edited by Ausgaz, Mar 19 2017 - 14:00.

Volkbane #11 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 17612 battles
  • [I-N-C] I-N-C
The consensus seems to favor the Skorpion G and I do not disagree, but the Jagdtiger 8,8 does have some advantages worth considering.
  • It trains a 6-man crew, while the Skorpion only trains 4.  You can train up your entire Grille/Jagdpanzer E-100 crew.
  • It has preferential matchmaking and will see tier 9 max.  This means you will see more games as the top tier.
  • It has heavy armor (it is, after all, the chassis of a tier 9 heavy TD that gets to play at tier 8 with special mm) so its armor holds up pretty well if you can hide your lower plate.  I've gotten many steel wall medals in mine.

​I own both and the main disadvantage of the 8,8 is that you are both slow and forced to seek out hull down locations.  This severely limits your ability to react to the flow of battle and you will be frustrated when you feel like the action is elsewhere but you are stuck where you are.  

Edited by Volkbane, Mar 19 2017 - 15:09.

Cloudy_BigTiny #12 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Thanks for all the info it isnvery helpful 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users